Can a Glatorian Join a Toa Team?

If a glatorian recieves toa powers, can he/she join a team full of toa and be considered a toa?

In addition, can a glatorian be upgraded to become a toa, and use masks?

Just wondering, cause it's saturday.

Evil knows, that hope is afloat.

Where life is enslaved, all can be saved.

Light will unite, what now darkness divides.

Spark the flame of the heart

FOR THE FUTURE TO START.

Read my epic G2 fanfic, Beyond Okoto, and find out what happened after the Toa left Okoto!

A Glatorian with elemental powers is not the same thing as a Toa - they're still physically pretty different (85% organic as opposed to the 85% mechanical Toa, for starters), and can't use Kanohi. I'm sure that many Toa teams would gladly accept an experienced Glatorian as a team member, though.

I don't think a Glatorian could ever be turned into a Toa, at least not without the use of some kind of transformation/mutation powers. They're simply too different, even if the Toa were based on Glatorian.

sigbanner.gif

As previously stated, I'm sure that with the Toa population having been diminished to 50 or less after Teridax's reign, many surviving Toa would happily accept experienced Glatorian as honorary members. With or without powers, I'm not sure if the Toa would care too much. On a foreign world, they would probably appreciate a local with knowledge of the environment to join them and help then make their way around.

As for Kanohi, it wouldn't surprise me if the GBs could make some sort of artificial headset that a Kanohi could attach to and allow the Glatorian to have limited use of the mask's power.

• Upvote 2

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

• 3 months later...

A Glatorian with elemental powers is not the same thing as a Toa - they're still physically pretty different (85% organic as opposed to the 85% mechanical Toa, for starters), and can't use Kanohi. I'm sure that many Toa teams would gladly accept an experienced Glatorian as a team member, though.

I don't think a Glatorian could ever be turned into a Toa, at least not without the use of some kind of transformation/mutation powers. They're simply too different, even if the Toa were based on Glatorian.

I agree. While a Toa team might accept help from a Glatorian (Elementally-Powered or not), they still aren't Toa.

RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

• 7 months later...
On 10/27/2018 at 3:41 PM, TuragaNuva said:

:kaukau: I'm curious, where does this 85% come from?  Never mind, I looked it up and found the Greg blog post.  Before this moment, I thought of the Toa as being 50% organic, and the Glatorian being 100% organic, only appearing mechanical in the sets because of the natural limitations of LEGO toys.  Personally, if I were in his shoes, I probably would have kept the number ambiguous, though since this is canon, I guess that it would be one of the major guidelines for how I would design characters in a higher budget, mainstream Bionicle film.

To address the main question of this topic, though, there are many reasons why this wouldn't work, the first being that a Toa team is, by definition, a Toa team.  Secondarily, and about as important as the first, Toa are literally created by destiny.  It's a little more complicated than that, and it's been a while since I've delved into the story, but for all intents and purposes, these are beings forged by destiny.  The physical existence of Glatorian doesn't share such a clear spiritual source.

Pedantic ramblings aside, the Glatorian will probably succeed to the mantle of Toa on Spherus Magna, at least in lieu of other options. The Toa will eventually go extinct, given there are less than 50 extant and they likely can no longer reproduce (since it is unlikely any current Matoran is destined to become a Toa, given the "destiny-granting" machine, the Great Spirit Robot, is no longer functioning). Even if there are any Matoran destined to become Toa, all the info we have points to the Matoran becoming extinct at some point as well, given the method they used to manufacture more of themselves (the Great Spirit Robot) is, again, no longer functioning.

Even without elemental powers, it wouldn't be hard to imagine that the Toa would leave quite an impression on the Glatorian, who in-turn would want to emulate them once all the Toa had passed away. It's conceivable that, millennia from where our story left off, new "Toa" teams are formed entirely of Glatorian who inherited stories about the courageous, noble Toa.

Edited by Mukaukau Nuva
loose bracket

On 9/15/2019 at 5:31 PM, Mukaukau Nuva said:

Pedantic ramblings aside, the Glatorian will probably succeed to the mantle of Toa on Spherus Magna, at least in lieu of other options. The Toa will eventually go extinct, given there are less than 50 extant and they likely can no longer reproduce (since it is unlikely any current Matoran is destined to become a Toa, given the "destiny-granting" machine, the Great Spirit Robot, is no longer functioning). Even if there are any Matoran destined to become Toa, all the info we have points to the Matoran becoming extinct at some point as well, given the method they used to manufacture more of themselves (the Great Spirit Robot) is, again, no longer functioning.

Even without elemental powers, it wouldn't be hard to imagine that the Toa would leave quite an impression on the Glatorian, who in-turn would want to emulate them once all the Toa had passed away. It's conceivable that, millennia from where our story left off, new "Toa" teams are formed entirely of Glatorian who inherited stories about the courageous, noble Toa.

I've never heard it called the destiny-granting machine before... that makes me laugh a little bit.

That's an interesting thought: the Toa being based on the Glatorian, and yet in the future, Glatorian modeling themselves after Toa. Thanks for the headcanon.

Since "Toa" is just Matoran for "hero," this really is an odd question. It's such a shame the serials ended when they did. I was so curious how Matoran society, Toa included, would cope with having their original purpose totally fulfilled, and therefore being bereft of a real "destiny" as assigned by the Great Beings or Great Spirit. I thought it would lead into some poignant discussion about a higher destiny than even the Great Beings control. The inhabitants of Spherus Magna have destinies too, I'm sure. BIONICLE was always weirdly deterministic about that, especially in the Matoran Universe.

• Like 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!