Toa of Jungle Moc Help

Nox_XIII

I'm currently working on a Gen 1 Toa of Jungle but I have run into a snag with the weapon design. I figured a Toa of Jungle would benefit from a pair of Warglaives like as pictured down below. I'm still fairly new to making mocs so I thought I would ask and see if anyone had any ideas that could help me.

32040-warglaive-of-azzinoth-right.jpg

two of these would look nice, and they're easy to come by, if you don't mind silver being the primary color

57563.png

There would be a bit small, no? Maybe the medium variant of the Mahri blade, used by Hewkii on his shoulders and Solek as weapons to keep the curve. Alternatively, the large Mahri blade used by Hewkii as a weapon could also work.

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

two of these would look nice, and they're easy to come by, if you don't mind silver being the primary color

57563.png

There would be a bit small, no? Maybe the medium variant of the Mahri blade, used by Hewkii on his shoulders and Solek as weapons to keep the curve. Alternatively, the large Mahri blade used by Hewkii as a weapon could also work.

:kakama:

To be quite honest I wasn't sure how large he originally wanted to make them, I basically picked them for their shape. But yes they'd be on the smaller side. :) :P

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Demon Hunter warglaives. :D 

Did something similar a while back.  There are a lot of options. 

For a direct, one piece, no-thrills kind of build. The arm blades of a Bordahk (Set 8615; Part # 4227883) are a way to go.

For a more jungle, wild look the pincers of Keelerak (Se 8746; Part # 4252703) Truly any Visorak pincer look cool, but you mentioned this is for a Jungle build.

The build the other's mention is a solid choice. It calls for a ball socket connector (Part# 4217829) and two size 2 axles. But one blade choice not mention is the Takanuva blades. Part # 4609613 comes from Takanuva Stars, but can be found in lots of sets. Or Part # 4195028 which comes from his original set, but can also be found in lots of sets. 

Cap it all with a Bohrok handshield of your choice and you are good to go.  I used the Bohrok Kal handshields.  The silver goes with a lot of colors and less worry about getting a matching shade. 

Good luck

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg