Most Wasted Character

Which character do you think had potential but was underused?I think Gelu was an interesting character in Raid on Vulcanus and he should have had more time in the 2009 story.

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all."
- Tahu

I would have loved any of the Karda Nui Makuta to survive and perhaps even help fight Teridax.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Nikila or Lesovikk. Great characters, honestly, they really are great.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I would have liked to see the piraka, the barraki and krika have shined a lot more than they did. Great characters with great histories and personalities who deserved a lot more "screen time" than they got. Hopefully the barraki will make an appearance again once the serials return. Speaking of returns, where's the shadowed one at? He should reappear too.

Formerly known as Skrilax - just, so ya know.

sigx1-1.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Go Sens Go!

I actually kinda misinterpretted your use of the term 'wasted' at first, and my immediate reaction was 'is this allowed'? :PBut uh, now that I see the definitely allowed REAL purpose to this topic: Umbra. I think Umbra is a pretty cool guy. He turns into light and doesnt afraid of anything. But then after that one single scene of butt-kicking in the comics/books, he's never seen again. Why? They brought back everyone else for cameos in Destiny War and stuff, why not him? He could've axed some Rahkshi and Makuta and stuff with his uber-light skillz. Why not?I was tempted to throw in the Chroniclers Company, but now I think they played their role in MNOLG, and their appearances afterward were icing on the cake. I don't think they really need to be on here, 'cause I don't think they were really wasted material. I think they juiced them for a lot of what they were worth, and that's a good thing. I'd hate to see such great character's OVER-used.

exo-toa_battle.jpg

I think, hands down, the most wasted character in BIONICLE's ten year lifespan was, no contest, Perditus. Never appeared once. had potential, but was completely underused.If you're talking about a character that was used, just not enough, I'd agree with Sumiki and say Krika. Had a lot of potential and was a very well written character, Was killed off far too quickly and didn't have nearly enough appearances.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Krika and Vamprah were the two relatively major characters whom I felt were wasted. Vamprah, due to his not really speaking much, didn't get any character development other than some elaboration on his love for basically torturing Matoran; meanwhile, Krika was used once or twice in the books despite having an actually engaging personality that went beyond a variety of evil. He was one of the few sympathetic villains that BIONICLE ever had and absolutely deserved more time.In general, the Matoran could also have been more present, but, lacking fancy powers, were ignored. Multiple Matoran who appeared for games or other minor supplemental material never got any time to do much. Take Kotu. Other than references, she appeared in two animations and a game, but already had an interesting personality (clever, athletic, and more of a joker than any other Ga-Matoran).~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

I'd have to say the Voyatoran. We got a lot of continued focus on the Metruan (since their popularity as the Mctoran), but the 'strong personalities' of the Voyatoran resistance could have had a lot more story potential afterwards.Especially Velika.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I'd have to say the Voyatoran. We got a lot of continued focus on the Metruan (since their popularity as the Mctoran), but the 'strong personalities' of the Voyatoran resistance could have had a lot more story potential afterwards.Especially Velika.

Well, he is a GB candidate, so you might get lucky.Anyways, Takutanuva's "bias-free" view could have been interesting to explore, it's a shame that the fusion only existed for like, three minutes.

aouROFb.png

Sidorak had a lot more potential than Web of Shadows gave him credit. The supposed "expert commander" with the Madness rhotuka power turned out to be a complete buffoon with no real powers. What a wasted character. I kind of have to agree with some of the other posts here, however, and would like some new story to bring these underused characters out, although that isn't a solution for some, like Krika.

Besides Perditus, I think Mazeka and Vultraz were wasted, or at least cheated out of a fitting fate. Then again, they did get quite a bit of screen time, so maybe I'd have to go with alternate Teridax. With only one-and-a-half (the grass one was too small to be counted in full) appearances in our universe, and with his drive to kill our Makuta extinguished, he was a complete waste of an interesting idea.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Personally, I believe that Krika was terribly underused. Almost... an innocent makuta. However, I also sorta feel that the Turaga of Metru Nui... well, besides Vakama's little appearance in that web serial, they haven't been seen much. Really wanna see more of them, possibly Dume's backstory as well. Also, I feel Turaga Lhikan was just simply... wasted. D: That quick death? Wasted potential!

It's been a short while since I immersed myself back into the world of Bionicle... particularly BZPower. I was surprised to find I couldn't post there. So I raged, then I found...

THE NEW BZPOWER BOARDS?! OMG WAT.

Yes, I was surprised. Miss BBCode, but... this is a nice change. Gonna miss the old forums, even though I NEVER posted on them.

In other news: Darth Revan FTW, Mario is da bomb, Pokemon rocks, Jurassic Park is awesome, Angry Birds is glorious, Bionicle... Is inexplicably awesomely, gloriously, da rocking bomb. FTW.

That's all I have to say.

Umbra, Krika and the other Karda Nui Makuta, Lesovikk, and the Barraki all should've gotten more story material. Especially Umbra. He is one of my favorite 06 sets. I think it would've been really cool to learn more about him.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I felt that Spiriah, being the only Makuta to leave the Brotherhood and actually live, could have been handled quite differently and better. I was kind of hoping for a Makuta who realized that tampering with species and the actions of the Brotherhood were wrong, basically a Makuta with morals. He died too soon and looking back, it would have been interesting to see his reaction when Teridax took over the Universe.

I used to be Blaze Toa Lhikan, but I changed my name.

Hey boys and girls! Like the Malum set? If you do, you will love it even more when you see this adjustment. Click Here

Nikila or Lesovikk. Great characters, honestly, they really are great.

Lesovikk, Karda Nui Makuta, and Gelu. Too bad they didn't make so many appearances.

Umbra, Krika and the other Karda Nui Makuta, Lesovikk, and the Barraki all should've gotten more story material. Especially Umbra. He is one of my favorite 06 sets. I think it would've been really cool to learn more about him.

Lezovikk is still alive, therefore he still can be used. As for an answer to the question: I don't really know, I think there were probably several characters who could have been used more than they did, and I'm not sure which one the most. To give some example of characters who could have been used more: I think Ancient could have been used more, he got killed off right when he became interesting, Tren Krom could have been used more, he had just been interacting with the other characters more, then he got killed off. Those are some examples.

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5700 - My new epic revealing the life of the interesting character we all wish we could have known better before he left us, Karzahni.

Gelu most definitely. His appearence in 2009 was like having kopaka again, in all his cynical awesomeness.and then bionicle ends in 2010 and we never see him again. <_<Avak was also a really cool, yet unfinished character. I really wished he had not been turned into a snake... and then subsequently thrown into a pool of liquidized protodermis.~Velika

Nidhiki in my opinion could have done more then just be some bad guy who gets absorbed by teridax.Krika for sure would have been interesting to see more of in the story.Also along the lines of underused almost all of the dark hunters like lurker, Phantom, Vengeance etc

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

Krika, since he had a lot of story potential for a possible 'good guy' before he was killed.Dume, because something about his character says that he'd kick butt, but we haven't seen much of him besides him sleeping or being a grouch.Tiribomba, as he had the coolest name of all the Matoran and possibly of all the characters.That's all I have so far.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Perditus, Malum, Umbra, the Voyatoran, Mahritoran, Kardatoran to an extent, Vamprah, Krika, Scodonious/Kirbraz, Atakus, etc. etc. They all pretty much didn't have any chance to be fleshed out beyond/during their years, or had basically no appearances.

AXKP5KC.png

I'm not sure they count as a character, but the Frostelus, IMO, were wasted. They didn't do anything! They could have played a big part.

Well they did help shape Lhikan into the hero he became by invading the fortress he was based at and killing everybody except for him, the rookie. They also tried to invade Metru Nui and were fought off by Takanuva.But other than two off-screen mentions, yeah, they don't really do anything.

I think what I'm about to say is on everyone's mind:Podu.

This. Although appearing only so briefly makes him special in some way. :P

I actually kinda misinterpretted your use of the term 'wasted' at first, and my immediate reaction was 'is this allowed'? :PBut uh, now that I see the definitely allowed REAL purpose to this topic: Umbra. I think Umbra is a pretty cool guy. He turns into light and doesnt afraid of anything. But then after that one single scene of butt-kicking in the comics/books, he's never seen again. Why? They brought back everyone else for cameos in Destiny War and stuff, why not him? He could've axed some Rahkshi and Makuta and stuff with his uber-light skillz. Why not?I was tempted to throw in the Chroniclers Company, but now I think they played their role in MNOLG, and their appearances afterward were icing on the cake. I don't think they really need to be on here, 'cause I don't think they were really wasted material. I think they juiced them for a lot of what they were worth, and that's a good thing. I'd hate to see such great character's OVER-used.

This. Both on Umbra and the thing about the Chronicler's Company. Of course, there was a good reason for Umbra not to appear again.

The problem with the Voyatoran was that they only had one year to make appearances. That is not enough to dwell deeper into their personalities. This is why I didn't like the changing of location every year. No character development.

Dume, because something about his character says that he'd kick butt, but we haven't seen much of him besides him sleeping or being a grouch.Tiribomba, as he had the coolest name of all the Matoran and possibly of all the characters.

These for the reasons stated.Also, I would've wanted to see the Bohrok Kaita and more Bohrok and Bohrok Va in general. As a whole they had a major appearance, but we didn't get to dwell deeper into each breed and type. And we didn't see the Bohrok Va use their distinctive attributes.

There were a lot of characters that I felt were wasted. Krika is a prime example, a Makuta that wasn't the embodiment of all evil was refreshing. Spiriah was like that too but I didn't care for him as much as Krika.I'd also say Turaga Dume, we hardly saw him and we know little about him. They really could've gone into more detail about his past.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

Gelu and Malum. Malum most of all because his anger issues would have been fantastic to explore during the story. At least Gelu's still in The Yesterday Quest, so we can get a bit more of him.Actually, thinking about it, the Kardatoran needed more screentime too. I'd say Gavla needed WAY more exploration, because of the way she actually embraced the shadow inside of her. I never actually saw her do something in the story. Or any of the others. The Matoran just sat around being there for the Makuta, not having any role in the story, other than being captured.I would just like to say, Gavla's behaviour puts her at the top of the list for Great Being suspect for me.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Reading through these, I realised I had missed Malum from my list. How in the world did I miss Malum? He is the manliest character, for goodness' sake.Malum is an interesting character, described as a brute though he seems to speak with elegance and in riddles. I find him to be fascinating, and would have liked to see him more. He played a prominent role in The Crossing, but as far as I understand it, the books featuring the story have not been released in English. He's unlike the other insane beings we've encountered, as Vezon and Karzhani are more... jovial, whereas Malum represents the pure anger that can be evident in insane people.Also what would be interesting is Malum's fitting in to Spherus Magna. At least, I hope he'll at least be in the future storyline; it would be interesting to see him meeting the new, 'intelligent' Vorox.(I think you can all tell who my favourite character is XP )

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Strakk, Tuma, and Nektann were all completely wasted, bereft of even a fitting and satisfying death and being reduced to wandering outcasts.Although, the Piraka were wasted even more. Things went downhill once they turned into snakes. That was when I really started finding problems with the BIONICLE story.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison