Why is the Calix the Mask of Fate?

The whole "perform at the physical peak of their abilities" is just a technical description of what the user's body does. It's symbolically called the mask of fate because using it allows you to perform seemingly impossible feats that you probably would only manage if it was your 'fate' to do them or if "fate was on your side". You shouldn't take everything too literally I reckon.

:kakama: 

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

It’s more like “avoiding fate” or “controlling fate.” “Mask of Luck” may have been a better name.

Trick question: if someone shot at you using a Sanok, but you tried to dodge using a Calix, which mask would prevail?

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese
  • Upvote 1

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

I would wager which ever user had better concentration and mastery of their mask power. mask powers are concentration based afterall (Tahu when using the Vahi, Matoro when using the Tryna, ect...).

>SO<

• Upvote 1

WANTED:

Got rare bionicle collectables? Ask me what I'll give you for them

STANDING OFFERS FOR RARE COLLECTABLES:

$250 for a White Huna

$250 for a Yellow Ruru

$250 for a Brown Komau

$100 for Metru Blue Matatu

Kraata -  Wild Kraata

- all prices open to reasonable negotiation -

qs20113.jpg
qs20113.jpg

Realistically, it's probably called that because marketers/writers though "Mask of Fate" sounded cooler.  And the actual explanation of it's function could possibly have been decided after the name.  If you want an in-universe explanation Pohaturon's seems like the most likely.

Yorokobe

Shounen.

Edited by RAMPANT
  • Upvote 1

Wyrd byð swyðost

I really need to be more active

I would wager which ever user had better concentration and mastery of their mask power. mask powers are concentration based afterall (Tahu when using the Vahi, Matoro when using the Tryna, ect...).

>SO<

A similar question was posed to Greg regarding a Makuta using accuracy power, and a Makuta using dodge power. It would depend on who had more skill with the ability (powers and skills needing to be honed for maximum usefulness)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

• 2 weeks later...