B.z.republic

Voltex

Alright. Next, what would normally happen is our businessmatoran would choose two senators. However, since there is technically only one businessmatoran currently, FrozenFlash (since he didn't run for government), he would get to choose both senators. However, his only choices are Clone Commander Cody and The First Evo, so by default they will now be senators.Finally, our senators would vote to determine the policematoran. However, at this point the only person left is FrozenFlash. Per the rules ("During items 4-8, if we run out of citizens running for government, the positions can be filled with businessmatoran, who are no longer businessmatoran upon their non-voluntary appointment."), FrozenFlash will be the first policematoran. Obviously, this fledgling nation's economic prospects are not looking so good at the moment. You can consider yourselves in the middle of a depression. When new players are recruited, the first to join will be our second policematoran; the rest will bring business to BZRepublic. But until then, fear not: because there are no laws on the books restricting or taxing imports from foreign nations, you will be able to purchase some products from the four nations neighboring BZ Nui. Stay tuned for my next post.With that, the game is officially live. All citizens may now perform their abilities. Good luck!

Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

Credit to Zeddy! ------------------- Click the banner above!

And please also enjoy my other fine comedies:

The Bionicle Entrepreneur - Nuva Join the Navy - Toy Wars - A Comedy of Comics

I would like to buy a loaf of bread and a zamor revolver from Northraxx.Zakaro

Not so fast, let me tell you what's available. :)NORTHRAXX:[Northraxx Supreme Inc.]Affordable Launcher Disk Type 037 - 25 widgets[Digiclon Device Inc.]Quality Couch M.2 - 11 widgetsEASTLAND:[West Eastland Guns]Model J6 Laser Guided - 50 widgetsWESTARHK:Current Westarhk laws prevent sales to BZ Nui.SOSO NUI:[so So Communication Products]So So BroadcasterX - 22 widgets[Fruieto Company]Baclo Berry - 7 widgetsIn my next post, I will present my first update on the status of the foreign nations' relations to BZ Nui. Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

The First Evo: purchases processed.Rules change proposal:I would like to modify the food requirement to one food item eaten every three days from the current one every day to prevent happiness decline. Considering food production costs, food would otherwise burn through widgets far too fast. If there are no objections, I'll make the change.Foreign Nations' Relations Update INORTHRAXXSTATUS: NeutralOFFICIAL NEWS: "Chief Ambassador Melvexna sends her greetings to BZ Nui and congratulates President Burnmad on his successful election. 'Hopefully, this change in administration will signal a new period of improved openness between our countries that will be beneficial to both nations. We are confident that Burnmad will also remain respectful of Northraxxian sovereignty and territorial rights.'"PRESS REPORT: "The Northraxx Investor reports that this year has shown record earnings for Northraxxian businesses. Profits rose up over 10% nationwide. With increasing revenue, government spending is also rising, with the military budget said to have increased by at least 16% this year."EASTLANDSTATUS: FriendlyOFFICIAL NEWS: "Eastlandish citizens across the country have be enthusiastically watching your nation's elections, and we hope this new chapter in our relations will bring us even closer together. Turagan Minister of Foreign Affairs Delruno is sending an official golden Mask of Eastland to President Burnmad as a welcome gift to his administration."PRESS REPORT: "With some saying Eastland is on the decline, Eastlans often consider the friendly relationship between Eastland and BZ Nui to be one of Eastland's most important assets. Eastland Daily News reports that many Eastlans are wary of Burnmad's assent to power. 'I'm willing to give him a chance,' said Ko-Matoran Kithmax, 'but the fact that BZens so readily accepted his rather tyrannical platform frightens me quite a bit.'"WESTARHKSATUS: HostileOFFICIAL NEWS: "The people of Westarhk and others around the continent know well that these 'elections' will change little in BZ Nui. We have no further comment."PRESS REPORT: "The Truth of Westarhk reports that many BZ Nui citizens have given up on their nation's false 'democracy.' During the election of Burnmad, only 25% of citizens even voted. 'We have a reliable source which has confirmed to us that almost no one actually participated in the false polls, and BZ Nuiists are wary of saying publicly why they refuse to participate. Up and coming BZ Nuiist ruler Impulse (policies: 'make everyone happy and destroy everything') simply stated 'No comment on that.''"SOSO NUISATUS: NeutralOFFICIAL NEWS: "Soson President Elwaho hopes to meet with President Burnmad soon, and he is sure that President Burnmad will prove a responsible and helpful partner. 'As our countries are neighbors, it important we maintain a neighborly relationship,' said President Elwaho."PRESS REPORT: "The terrible rise of crime in Soso Nui has overwhelmed Soson police forces, the Soson press reported this month. Crime rates skyrocketed 22% in this year alone, and the prominent murder of Commander Caisah shocked the country."

Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

Senator Durden would like to publicly state his hope for improved relations with the Senates of Northraxx, Eastland, Westarhk and Soso Nui, and looks forward to a term of successful cooperation with the people of our neighbors.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Purchases processed.Onarax, I will permit adding that additional functionality to the game, but first President Burnmad would have to PM me to get permission from Soso Nui for such assistance, and also military members would have to specify that they are defending Soso Nui in their PMs to me (the success of the action being judged in the same manner as other military ventures). Otherwise, any attempts to "step in" would likely be interpreted as an attack by Soson forces. By the way, if you need to PM me for any reason, reply to the BZRepublic Goal PM or another PM from me. My inbox needs clearing and it might not work otherwise.

nban.jpg

Senator Durden would like to submit the first bill of his term.Gun ControlIn an effort to prevent the spread of crime through our fair city, no citizen (including senators, judges, presidents, and the like) may have more than two weapons in their possession at any time.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

All purchases processed. Keep in mind that if you want any bills drafted to actually affect the game mechanics, you must state what will happen if a certain thing comes to place. In this case, if someone purchases a third gun, what happens? The gun is automatically confiscated? A crime has taken place worthy of a certain punishment?

Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

Alright, by tomorrow morning, I should have a full bill drafted. That was just a quick little synopsis.Also, my idea is to have a gun bank, like the National Bank that the Senator controls. All confiscated guns will go into the gun bank, and in case of an attack from another country or in case the police need guns and ammunition, they can withdraw it from the gun bank.Full bill, including expansion on the idea above and the ideas for punishment for said laws, should be up tomorrow.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

I'm talking about a separate bank, only for use in a national crisis, which would house weapons for the police and army. With that, the full bill is below.Gun Control BillHenceforth, no citizen is allowed more than two personal weapons. If any citizen has more than three weapons, they will be subject to a 100 widget fine. If they are found with an illegal number of weapons a second time, they will be imprisoned for a week.Any weapons confiscated will be stored in a separate bank stored in a Gun Bank, separate from the National Bank, controlled by the military leader. In case of an attack, or in case of dire need by the Army or Police, the guns will be divided equally and temporarily amongst the Army and Police.I vote yes.-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

I would like to state that I am against this bill. It will be much easier on the military and police if the citizens can defend themselves with multiple weapons. An armed society is a respectful society, because everyone knows everyone else is armed and dangerous.Also, I want to use my laser guided for Rahi hunting.

I would like to note that the senate does not have the power to create a new account in the game, it can only make use of existing ones, such as the National Bank or the Military Leader's account. You could, however, pass a bill stating that the guns in the National Bank can only be removed under a certain circumstance, or are automatically distributed to certain people under a certain circumstance, and that guns received from the National Bank are automatically returned under another circumstance. Likewise, you could make transfers conditional upon the Military Leader saying or doing a certain thing.

nban.jpg

Soso Nui would, at the moment, prefer monetary assistance. I would like to ask that the senators, who control the National Bank, give 75 widgets to Soso Nui.I would also like to encourage the military members to buy good weapons and the senators to buy communication devices.

- :burnmad:

All purchases processed. Since there were no objections, food only needs to be eaten every three days now. (Food will automatically be consumed after three days have passed since the game began, and at three day intervals from then on.) Clarification: to prevent increased legislation costs, the National Bank needs to contain a communication device, since that is where legislation costs are taken from. The other uses for communication devices include product creation, product research, and contact with foreign countries.

nban.jpg

I would like to buy J6 Laser Guided Rifle. I now have 150 widgets left. I also propose a bill:Out of Country weaponry purchase Tax BillAny weapons being bought by anyone excluding Policematoran and Military members from a country outside of BZ Nui requires a 10 widget tax fee. Being late in paying this fee for 1 week will result in a 100 widgets fine.If the bill is approved, the legislation will be active starting 3 days after the approval of this bill.I vote yes to this bill and Tyler Durden's gun control bill.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I would like to abstain from voting on the OOC Weapons Tax Bill.I agree with the concept of the bill, but for now, while our country still has no weapons companies of its own, I fail to see how spending MORE MONEY on foreign weapons will improve our economic situation.That said, if there is a weapons company created in BZ Nui, I would gladly vote yes.Alright, so that's three yes for the bill and Burnmad approved it. The Gun Control bill has been ratified.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Alright. I will be using my second post in this topic (post no. four) as a depository for passed legislation.Bill Game-Mechanics Interpretation To give you an idea on how these things will work, I will do my best to explain how this bill actually affects the game-mechanics. Please note that when a bill is passed, if sections of it are unenforceable, the other sections of it will remain in play, unless the senate requested otherwise in the text of the bill.In this case, weapons confiscated (presumably by another act of the senate?) will still go to the National Bank, since as I detailed earlier creation of a "Gun Bank" is not possible. In the case of an attack all weapons in the National Bank will be automatically distributed as equally as possible between the military members and policematoran. However, I cannot make relative decisions such as when there is a case of "dire need," so distribution will not happen automatically then unless such a case is declared by the senate. Return of weapons to the National Bank will also require another act of the senate since "temporarily" is not defined.The first section of the bill will be interpreted as follows: at any time if a citizen with three weapons purchases a fourth, I will transfer 100 widgets (or as many as they possess in they don't have 100) from their account to the National Bank. The section about a week sentence for a second violation will require police arrest and judge conviction, since the senate can only directly control widgets and property.

Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

I thought it was punishment for three or more weapons.

That's what I thought too, but it's not what the bill said. Well, there's always amendments.

I want to ze make a banner for BZ Republic.So there can be more Business matoran.Can I lol?

Any and all promotions that abide by BZP rules are authorized and encouraged. The economy of BZ Nui and 40 widgets bonuses are at stake!EDIT: Speaking of which, I convinced my sister to join. She should be posting soon. Don't worry, I'll keep my mouth shut on stuff she shouldn't know (upcoming attacks, etc.). :psychotwitch: Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg