Uses for Magnetism (beyond bending metal) and other elements

So I was thinking about the elements of Bionicle, and after rechecking why acid isn't an element (stupid plasma-liking lawyers), I was thinking about the nature of some of the other elements and the perceived redundancy of Magnetism in a setting that also has Iron as an elemental power. But as I thought more about it, here is some of there unique tricks you can do with Magnetism that I came up with:

• Manipulate Metal
  • Low level flight via manipulation of planetary magnetic fields and one's own magnetic charge.
  • Manipulate Charged particles, such as Lightning and Plasma.
  • Creating electrical charges in moving metal objects.
  • EMPs and disrupting the minds of purely mechanical beings.
  • Magnetoreception and interfering with other beings Magnetoreception
  • Damage to physical objects by breaking apart chemical bonds (which are electromagnetic in nature).

Does anyone have anything they like to add to this list for magnetism or for any other elements in the series?

I don’t get why people want acid to be an element so badly. Not only would it be destructive, but your abilities would be limited in use.

Plasma is still an element, and that's just pure destruction in super heated form. With Acid you can also remove corrosion, clean objects and flavour foods if you create a weaker acid. As for why people want; I know it feels right with everything else included as elements in Bionicle.

"and flavour foods"

lol

Sorry, just sounds funny next to the useful things you suggested. Maybe the Skakdi would take to that.

"Hey Bob!"

"wut"

"get ovah heah we having a barbecue!"

"not again bro"

"ey man you know this steak bland without acid!" :D

Gang on the loose, nothing you can do, acid coming through, flavo yo food...

Edited by Noble Tehurye

The only conclusion I've ever reached about the elements in BIONICLE is that they were chosen in a completely arbitrary manner. Psionics is what started breaking my suspension of disbelief.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

A food’s taste is nothing to most MU natives, since they don’t put it in their mouths.

The original six elements make sense to me, as do most of the later ones, but having both Magnetism and Iron doesn’t make much sense to me when they aren’t depicted doing much of anything different. While they could theoretically be different powers, the story didn’t explain much about them other than “they can be used to control metal.” And, as mentioned above, Psionics as an element when so many characters already have mind powers is overkill (and it’s not a physical or visible sensation like all the rest).

And what kind of name is “The Green” for an element? Why isn’t Water “The Blue,” then?

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water