The BZPower Fanfic Exchange 2018

Tufi Piyufi

Anyone else still waiting on a prompt? Haven't gotten mine yet and I'm itching to write.  :br:

That doesn't seem right. Have you received a PM from Tufi Piyufi?

Stories I wrote

Parts of a Whole Series: An Alternate Ending

Part 1: Fight for Freedom                        Wisps of Memory

Part 2: Army of One (In Progress)

Short Stories:
The Great Takara          
Tale of the Toa Stones          Masks

If I visited more often I would have found about this! A shame that I am late and cannot partake. Hope everyone enjoys this event!

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Ah, there was an exchange this year as well!  It never showed up in the news, and it never occurred to me until now to just go and look in the Short Stories section again.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Okay; after a week or so thinking on it while I finished off a few things that had nearer deadlines, I've outlined what I want to write. It's going to be a departure from what I've written in this fandom before, to be certain; but I'm excited about getting to work on it, it's gonna challenge me in all the best ways :D

...here's hoping my recipient is going to like it, too xD

• Upvote 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

• 2 weeks later...

So, is everyone going okay? There are some 10-12 days left and I haven't heard from Tufi so I thought maybe we could do a quick check in to make sure everyone's doing well.

I've drafted and edited mine, and am waiting for my beta to get back to me with it.

Stories I wrote

Short Stories:
The Great Takara          

I sent a PM to the Glorious Puffin Empress a couple weeks back about my failed attempt at the 2017 exchange and I still haven't gotten word back... =(

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I'm on, like... the third of eight planned scenes for mine, so I've got quite a way to go yet over the next ten days. I've been making good progress so far, though - 3595 words in, and counting! - and I know where I'm going with it, so I'm hopeful I'll still be able to get it wrapped up before the deadline.

Maybe I shouldn't have been quite so ambitions, I'll grant, but... after I learned to write on an RP site that encouraged long posts, I legitimately can't write short things anymore.

I'm, um... not sure it's quite what the other person was thinking of when they made this request, but I kind of saw opportunity in it and leapt on that xD So I hope it'll still go over well with the recipient ^^

Edited by Darth Jaller
  • Upvote 1

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

If it gets down to the wire, you can always break the story up into multiple parts and just post the first one on the deadline.  Plus, the deadline is a week-long window, so there's a bit of wiggle room there if you're not quite done on the 21st.

Endless Sea, I pm'd her the day after we got our matches but haven't gotten a response, I'm not surprised she hasn't gotten back to you.

Wow Darth Jaller, I thought my 7k odd words would be long, it sounds like you're going to knock me out of the park.

Edited by ArchAngelleofJustice
  • Upvote 1

Stories I wrote

Short Stories:
The Great Takara          

If it gets down to the wire, you can always break the story up into multiple parts and just post the first one on the deadline.  Plus, the deadline is a week-long window, so there's a bit of wiggle room there if you're not quite done on the 21st.

A reminder that this is an officially-endorsed strategy and that posting the first part at the end of the month qualifies you as a successful participant; besides, your recipient probably won't be upset they're getting more story later!

As well, I'm extending the posting period to Monday, February 4 to make up for the time in December that mysteriously vanished. Again, if you're not sure you can make it by then, just let me know.

• Upvote 1
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Just a status update on my progress: I dropped one of my planned scenes that wound up feeling unnecessary in the end; at present, I'm fairly far into the second-to-last scene, out of seven total. I should be able to get those two final ones wrapped up by (or only slightly after) the initial deadline; then I'll just need to give it a thorough proof-read to make sure it all works and flows coherently, and I think I'll be done. All going as planned, I should have it up well before the end of the posting period ^^

Edited by Darth Jaller

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Okay, I'm... hopeful to get mine up soon. I ran into a bit of a block getting to the end of the story, where my inspiration dried up with the final couple of scenes only half-completed - I've rarely ever finished any story project, I'm best at starting things and leaving them unfinished for ages, so this is entirely new territory for me - but I feel like I ought to be able to complete this last scene within the next couple of days.

Sorry for the delay!

• Upvote 1

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Almost done with mine.  I got a very late start, but I'm a fast writer and work best when under pressure.  So far I'm pleased with how it's going, but what I think doesn't matter; it only matters what the recipient thinks.

Posted mine. I kind of gave up on revising the story ages ago, but I think I at least gave it my best shot. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I posted mine on the 4th but it seems for the second year in a row I haven't received one! What am I doing wrong XD?

I'm in the same boat as you this year.  I'm still waiting on mine.

I'm also waiting on mine, but I am honestly much more concerned with the following: where are our phat loots?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?