Toa Phantom, Gaardus, Firedracax, Subterranean or Gatherer

Cans beings mutated from Matoran, like the aforementioned Dark Hunters and member of the Order of Mata Nui be turned into toa if it was their destiny, and if so would they keep any of the powers they currently have?

My opinion is that  individuals like Firedracax and the Subterranean would not be able to become toa as they are too mutated, while the others would be able to become toa. And if they become toa they would lose any extra abilities they possess.

No, their physiology is just too different at that point. And I know that the potential to be a Toa is mental, but the body changing so much probably alters their mentality anyway (needing to get used to the new body configuration).

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

Gatherer could still become a Toa, technically. He's a Matoran that's been piecing together a suit of armor as a sort of trophy collection from his victories in the field. In terms of his physiology, he's still 100% Matoran, just outfitted in a big suit of armor. Phantom might be able to, but the others are out of the question.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Phantom might be able to, but the others are out of the question.

Phantom was actually mutated by an “Energized Protodermis variant,” so I doubt he still qualifies as a Matoran.

(Still bugs me we don’t know what he looks like; that might help answer the question more conclusively.)

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

Phantom was actually mutated by an “Energized Protodermis variant,” so I doubt he still qualifies as a Matoran.

(Still bugs me we don’t know what he looks like; that might help answer the question more conclusively.)

I said he might be able to for that very reason. No idea how extensive his change was. For example, the Toa Mata became Toa Nuva, without changing much of their physiology. It was stated that if Radiak in his mutated form were to become a Toa, he would retain his wings and four-legged shape, so it depends on the extent to which Phantom was changed by the EP. If all it did was make him bigger and stronger, with some minor powers, while still retaining his inherent nature as a Matoran, he should still be able to become a Toa if destined to, but he wouldn't look the same as any other Toa, like Radiak.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

I said he might be able to for that very reason. No idea how extensive his change was. For example, the Toa Mata became Toa Nuva, without changing much of their physiology. It was stated that if Radiak in his mutated form were to become a Toa, he would retain his wings and four-legged shape, so it depends on the extent to which Phantom was changed by the EP. If all it did was make him bigger and stronger, with some minor powers, while still retaining his inherent nature as a Matoran, he should still be able to become a Toa if destined to, but he wouldn't look the same as any other Toa, like Radiak.

Well then Firedracax should be able to become a toa as well, as the mutagen that changed him was also  Energized Protodermis. However on reflection, considering both where destined to change, I think that there is very little chance of them becoming Toa, although I don't see why not if that was also their destiny.

Also I love the idea of a a four legged Toa Radiak for some reason.

Edited by Toa Jaxus

Well then Firedracax should be able to become a toa as well, as the mutagen that changed him was also  Energized Protodermis. However on reflection, considering both where destined to change, I think that there is very little chance of them becoming Toa, although I don't see why not if that was also their destiny.

Also I love the idea of a a four legged Toa Radiak for some reason.

The difference there is that we know the extent of Firedracax's mutation. Phantom is a character we do not have an image of. He might have changed very little or he might have changed a lot. We don't know. Firedracax changed a lot.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

• 4 weeks later...

Gatherer could still become a Toa, technically. He's a Matoran that's been piecing together a suit of armor as a sort of trophy collection from his victories in the field. In terms of his physiology, he's still 100% Matoran, just outfitted in a big suit of armor. Phantom might be able to, but the others are out of the question.

This would make a really awesome story premise. An Onu-matoran forced into service with the Hunters who one day is zapped into a Toa and takes the chance to throw off his erstwhile masters and become his own person for the first time in aeons.

Now THAT would have made a sweet story serial!

• Upvote 2