LEGO Movie 2 Videogame Releasing Next Year

Earlier this week WB Games launched the website for the next LEGO videogame developed by TT Games. It shouldn't be much of a surprise that the title will be based on the upcoming The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, which comes to theaters on February 8, 2019. The game will be coming a bit behind that, with the PC, Xbox One, and Playstation 4 version releasing on Febraury 26th and the Switch version on March 26th. I'm curious to see how it compares to the other LEGO movie games and if it will also make use of clips taken directly from the film. Whatever the case, we'll most likely be picking it up and streaming it next year - let us know in the Talkback if you'll be buying it too or why you'll be passing on it.

View the full article

I had a feeling this was going to be the next upcoming Lego video game. I remember getting the first Lego Movie Videogame a few months after the movie came out, and since that was the very first time I'd ever played any Lego game (at least since Bionicle Heroes from way back in 2006), it was certainly a very interesting experience. I'm definitely looking forward to play the game for the second movie, but unlike the first game (which I chose to grab as soon as possible), I'm gonna have a wait a bit for this one (not only so I can eventually get it at a better price while on sale, but also because I've currently got so many other Lego games that I'm trying to complete). Despite all of that, this game will definitely be worth the wait for me.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.