What Happened to Bionicle Universe (Bricklink)?

MetalStorm978

I wanted to buy a Bionicle Display banner from BionicleUniverse on Bricklink but it appears the store is now suspended...anyone knows why or if i can contact him on bricklink even if the store is suspended?

Maybe he is here on Bzpower or some users here know how i can contact the shop owner? I need to get the banner before Christmas but this unexpected circumstance might be a problem.

Thanks in advance

P.S. I posted here because I'm asking about the shop owner and status so I'm not sure this belongs to Marketplace Banter

Edited by MetalStorm978

This is quite strange, I checked his profile and for some reason it shows for me as if he started using my profile picture? It's an image from Matoran Maker of my custom Matoran made to look like my Self-MOC Poraru. I bought from him once. Very quaint.

As for the reason the store is suspended, the reason stated on the site is the violation of ToS. I don't swear this is what happened, but I know from a fellow Hungarian collector who focused on banners, store displays, flags and other promotional items instead of sets themselves that the guy running the store was supposed to buy a large lot from him but then they got into a dispute. This may have spilled over to the point where one of the got BL management involved and they found some kind of infraction on this guy's part.

I'd also like to know how I could contact him, since he's using my profile picture.....  :???:

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Thanks for the reply, that may be the reason why the shop is now suspended, as for the profile picture...what a strange situation, it's hardly a coincidence if what you say it's true.

By the way, if anyone has more informations or some way to contact the seller, please speak up, you're more than welcome.

Sometimes a bricklink store being suspended doesn't necessarily mean the seller was doing anything shady. Sometimes the story is a lot more complicated, as it was in the case of Gary Istok. You may not have heard of him unless you've heard of his amazing Unofficial Lego Sets/Parts Collectors Guide. But I can vouch that the dude is absolute legit - and he explained some time ago that his store on Brlcklink only got shuttered because sudden, major issues in his personal life got in the way of him being able to fulfill his most recent orders in a timely fashion.

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.