Lego Cuusoo: A Constraction Line for Girls

Make that 101. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.pngI really like this idea because a lot of action movies, not just Bionicle, have mainly men in lead roles. Why not change that stereotype, and what's more, change it well? The Lego Company would be breaking two stereotypes with this theme, actually: one, the man-equals-hero rule of action movies, and two, the girl-equals-makeup rule of girls' toylines. Besides which, Lego brands with stories behind them are always nice to have.

You know if lego wanted to make a lego line for girls. They should have gotten permission from hasbro to make My Little Pony Lego Bricks. At least then they would make money from it.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

You know if lego wanted to make a lego line for girls. They should have gotten permission from hasbro to make My Little Pony Lego Bricks. At least then they would make money from it.

But Hasbro already makes My Little Pony toys (and has for years and years). Letting another company make and sell Hasbro toys wouldn't really make any sense for Hasbro from a business standpoint. Additionally, LEGO could make money from any line--for girls or boys--and giving Hasbro royalties would only have a negative impact on LEGO's profits. It would be a lose-lose situation, really.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

But Hasbro already makes My Little Pony toys (and has for years and years). Letting another company make and sell Hasbro toys wouldn't really make any sense for Hasbro from a business standpoint. Additionally, LEGO could make money from any line--for girls or boys--and giving Hasbro royalties would only have a negative impact on LEGO's profits. It would be a lose-lose situation, really.~ BioGio
Yes, plus Hasbro is one of TLG's strongest competitors in the toy industry, and has their own line of brick-based building toys called Kre-O. Kre-O bricks are manufactured by a Korean company called Oxford, and current sets are all Transformers-themed (but Battleship-themed Kre-O sets have been announced for this year).If LEGO Friends proves successful then it's certainly a possibility that Hasbro will follow TLG's lead by releasing Kre-O building sets based on their successful girl-oriented toy lines, likely including My Little Pony. As it is, though, the market for girl-oriented building toys is uncertain, and so I'm sure other companies will be watching TLG's most recent attempt intently.