Anyone want a Bionicle Cinematic Universe and your vision?

Lenny7092

Hi, guys!:) You ever compare Bionicle to something special. You ever feel that Bionicle may have potential to be something much more successful than it is and what it had done in its history. Well, in the 2000s and during Bionicle’s G1 years, after Bionicle was born, it became very successful and well remembered that it got a lot of stuff, like four direct-to-video movies, books, comics, and references in many TV shows. The Lego Movie in 2014 even mentioned it before Bionicle 2015-2016, like some kind of prophecy. Plus, The Lego Batman Movie in 2017 mentioned it at one scene. Hopefully, The Lego Movie 2 in 2019 will reference Bionicle again, and it could mean that Bionicle would come back in 2020, judging from how Bionicle G2 happened.

Bionicle G2 is not as a successful as G1, but it has some good charm. It is successful in a few ways, and it got some books and a Netflix show. These aren’t great things, G2 may have been cancelled after two years, and constraction wasn’t doing too great until it will disappear in 2019, and in Thanos from Avengers: Infinity War in this year made it disappear. This decade ain’t great for constraction in general, in other words.

Aside from that, if Lego could do more things for Bionicle somehow, like how it did with Ninjago, that would be awesome. Batman and Spider-Man movie series may get cancelled sequels and then get rebooted, and I believe that Bionicle may have that kind of potential because it is well remembered, like these movie series. I mean, it’s Lego’s own Transformers (don’t think about how those movies are terrible. They just look cool and are well remembered.). Other constraction themes, Hero Factory, RoboRiders, and Slizers/Throwbots, may not have the potential (despite Universal Studios planning to make a live-action HF movie, but didn’t happen since 2012), because they were not that successful and did not last as long as Bionicle G1. Bionicle G1 lasted for 9 years, and Bionicle got the reboot for two years, so that’s something. Don’t blame Bionicle for doing not so successful in this decade. Lego just has problems with constraction nowadays. I look at Bionicle as healthy.

I would say that Bionicle G1 is like a cinematic universe because it has so many characters and stories. Marvel, DC Comics, and even Transformers got their cinematic universes, so what about Bionicle. I think Bionicle May have that kind of potential if Lego could work something out. I know that Lego made The Lego Movie Cinematic Universe, but if Bionicle characters appear here, it would be hard for them to move their mask to talk. Weird. Well, I think it’s best that Bionicle would have its own cinematic universe that is an alternate universe from that just to make them look better. It would be either a computer-animated theatrical movie or a kid-friendly live-action one with humans and the planet Earth just to make it feel more human (Bionicle characters should get out often, and no profanity words, not like how Transformers overly did it.). Either way, I would love that to happen. Many successful things, like Captain Underpants and Sonic The Hedgehog, are getting their movies in this decade, and I believe Bionicle should do the same, probably in the next decade.

If a Bionicle Cinematic Universe were to happen, how would you want it to be. For me, well, here’s this:

1. Bionicle - the Toa Mata/Toa Masters would be the main protagonists, and they would collect magical masks while fighting Makuta Teridax and his minions, whether it be Infected Rahi, Skull Army, Umarak and the Elemental Beasts, Rahkshi, Vahki, Visorak, or the Piraka.

2. Bionicle 2 - the Toa Mata/Toa Nuva/Toa Masters/Toa Uniters would fight the Bohrok, Bohrok-Kal or Umarak and the Elemental Beasts.

3. Bionicle 3 - the Toa would fight against Teridax and the Brotherhood of Makuta, both Makuta and the Rahkshi.

4. Bionicle: Toa Metru - a prequel spin-off about the Toa Metru

5. Bionicle: Toa Hordika - a sequel to that about the Toa Hordika, but still a prequel

6. Bionicle: Toa Inika - a spin-off involving the Toa Inika

7. Bionicle: Toa Mahri - a sequel to that about the Toa Mahri

8. Bionicle: Lesovikk - a spin-off about Lesovikk

9. Bionicle: Mazeka - a spin-off about Mazeka

10. Bionicle: Order of Mata Nui - a spin-off about the Order of Mata Nui.

11. Bionicle: Ekimu - a prequel spin-off about Ekimu.

12. Bionicle 4: Mata Nui’s adventure in Bara Magna. This is based on the 2009 storyline

13. Bionicle 5: the battle between Mata Nui and Makuta Teridax in a final showdown with Teridax. This is based on the 2010 storyline.

14. Bionicle 6: Good guys and bad guys fight each other over the restored Spherus Magna (and maybe the planet Earth). This is based on the 2011 story serials.

15. Bionicle and Hero Factory: Well, I would love to see the Toa and Hero Factory’s Heroes fight each other, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Captain America: Civil War in 2016 style, but a Hero Factory solo movie first before this. It would get two more sequels where the Toa heroes and HF’s Heroes work together to fight their common threats. This would turn the Bionicle Cinematic Universe into the Constraction Cinematic Universe if the first Bionicle movie is successful enough.

Well, I would also see the Federation of Fear, the Protectors, Order of Mata Nui, and Glatorian as either TV shows or movies.

For the creators of the cinematic universe, the movie company would be Lego and either Warner Bros, Disney, or maybe Universal (because of that planned Hero Factory movie, but I don’t trust it on this one, neither do I on Sony). The directors/writers/producers would be either Steven Spielberg, Travis Knight, George Lucas, or maybe Greg Farshtey. The story would be very good and well-written with some good comedy and action, like Bionicle G1, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Transformers, and Ninjago (the TV show and not the silly theatrical movie), but more stuff resolved and with a very good conclusion. The actors in there would be very great and popular celebrities (I got a lot in my mind, though). If the movies are animated, make it a very good 3-D animated quality, like Moana and How to Train Your Dragon. If the movies are live-action, make good quality on the Bionicle characters (they would be CGI). For human-sized ones, it would be like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in this decade and “I, Robot”, and for different-sized ones and etc., it would be like the Transformers movies (if done right and to match the G1 characters) and the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Music scores would be by either Cryoshell or some good singers or band.

They all should be very well promoted and extremely not cheap, unlike Bionicle’s past years. Think Marvel Cinematic Universe for much better stuff. Don’t make things too weird. Just go with G1’s way of things.

Hasbro, the creators of Transformers, would do a Hasbro Cinematic Universe, but Transformers is more reasonable, so I think Lego should make Bionicle a cinematic universe.

So, guys, how would you envision a Bionicle Cinematic Universe to be in your own image? You know, it would be awesome if this could happen. I think Bionicle should deserve this wonderful treatment.:)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

My vision is Lego giving Bionicle an animated series in the vein of TLA or TF:P. A cinematic universe makes no sense for Bonkle and Hollywood can keep its grubby, anti-art mitts away from my android wizards.

• Upvote 1

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

• 3 weeks later...

My vision is Lego giving Bionicle an animated series in the vein of TLA or TF:P. A cinematic universe makes no sense for Bonkle and Hollywood can keep its grubby, anti-art mitts away from my android wizards.

I'd love an animated film series by ufotable. They could really nail G1's aesthetics.

Ufotable. Is that an animation company?  I'll try to google that. Thanks!

If there was to be an animated film series, I really want it to carry the design aesthetics of the original animations and commercials, not the films. The only one that really did that at all was The Legend Reborn but even that kind of fell flat as far as animation quality, storytelling, and tone. 

EDIT: This was something I have always dreamed of. Having a TV animated film series of the G1 era of Bionicle!  ;)  It has so much potential and so many possibilities.  :(

Heck, I even have all of the novels (Bionicle Legends, Bionicle Adventures and Bionicle Chronicles). I even have the comics and the four films with me. I enjoyed Journey to One. ^_^  It wasn't what we wanted but was still a fun series. After seeing many superhero films from Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige, I think Lego would have something creative or something business-wise in mind?? I am not too sure if they have all the designs and concept artwork from 2001 to 2010 (I hope they do!  :P). I strongly agree that it shouldn't be in Hollywood hands. But it would be too risky. I honestly don't know. I really really do want to see G1 retold again. With cinematic-style, computer-animated episodes. But it would take lot of work and budget<_<

Edited by bohrokmaster

• 2 weeks later...

I think Lego is not corporation, which know how to make good bionicle film . In my vision Another film-making company can buy a Lego Bionicle franchise and can be able to do something awesome.

The original 3 Bionicle films were fine; and while TLM is a bit more light-hearted than what Bionicle needs, if a future Bionicle film got the same talent behind it, it could be glorious.

• Upvote 1

I think Lego is not corporation, which know how to make good bionicle film . In my vision Another film-making company can buy a Lego Bionicle franchise and can be able to do something awesome.

The original 3 Bionicle films were fine; and while TLM is a bit more light-hearted than what Bionicle needs, if a future Bionicle film got the same talent behind it, it could be glorious.

What you mean for "same talent behind it"? Taleneted director or script writter? The main target of my dream bio film , is tell a good story.

What you mean for "same talent behind it"? Taleneted director or script writter? The main target of my dream bio film , is tell a good story.

Pretty much, yeah. Sorta like how they put Travis Knight behind Bumblebee instead of He Who Shall Not Be Named, and that allowed Bumblebee to be a legitimately good film. Heck, all Lego really needs to do is make sure they don't make another Ninjago movie, which we know they're capable of doing because TLM and TLBM are perfectly solid films. And yeah, like I said, they're a lot more comedy-focused than a Bionicle film needs to be, but the principle still applies and I'd rather have a funny Bionicle movie with a good plot than an edgy one with whatever the heck happened to TLR.

• Upvote 1

Pretty much, yeah. Sorta like how they put Travis Knight behind Bumblebee instead of He Who Shall Not Be Named, and that allowed Bumblebee to be a legitimately good film. Heck, all Lego really needs to do is make sure they don't make another Ninjago movie, which we know they're capable of doing because TLM and TLBM are perfectly solid films. And yeah, like I said, they're a lot more comedy-focused than a Bionicle film needs to be, but the principle still applies and I'd rather have a funny Bionicle movie with a good plot than an edgy one with whatever the heck happened to TLR.
Stop TLR is Toll like receptors?

No, not really at this point. Cinematic universes are a pretty tall order (at least distinguished from plain old franchises of movies with sequels) and considering how much I disliked the sprawl of the G1 story I'd much prefer one good Bionicle movie or TV series, with the possibility of sequels or additional seasons, rather than a commitment to a mess of sprawling side-stories and overambitious crossovers. That, or just one good Bionicle movie as part of the Lego Movie universe.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Stop TLR is Toll like receptors?

I actually know something, thank goodness.

TLR is The Legend Reborn, the fourth Bionicle movie, set in the story of 2009.

I think that just a single series for Bionicle would be sufficient, unless it would be too much to try to give every Toa and Koro their chance in the spotlight with a single series. If multiple series had to be in play, I would have 6 series, with one for each element. Sometimes Toa could show up in each other's series. That would take quite a bit of work, though.

EDIT: More along the line of each Koro getting their own series, with Toa showing up as they will.

Edited by Downfall

:smilematoro:

I'd love an animated film series by ufotable. They could really nail G1's aesthetics.

Ufotable. Is that an animation company?  I'll try to google that. Thanks!

If there was to be an animated film series, I really want it to carry the design aesthetics of the original animations and commercials, not the films. The only one that really did that at all was The Legend Reborn but even that kind of fell flat as far as animation quality, storytelling, and tone. 

This is something I have always dreamed of. Having a TV animated film series of the G1 era of Bionicle!  ;)  It has so much potential and so many possibilities.  :(

Heck, I even have all of the novels (Bionicle Legends, Bionicle Adventures and Bionicle Chronicles). I even have the comics and the four films with me. I enjoyed Journey to One. ^_^  It wasn't what we wanted but was still a fun series. After seeing many superhero films from Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige, I think Lego would have something creative or something business-wise in mind?? I am not too sure if they have all the designs and concept artwork from 2001 to 2010 (I hope they do!  :P). I strongly agree that it shouldn't be in Hollywood hands. But it would be too risky. I honestly don't know. I really really do want to see G1 retold again. With cinematic-style, computer-animated episodes. But it would take lot of work and budget<_<

Sorry I mean as a cinematic cg-animated series. Not as a film for each storyline.

No, not really at this point. Cinematic universes are a pretty tall order (at least distinguished from plain old franchises of movies with sequels) and considering how much I disliked the sprawl of the G1 story I'd much prefer one good Bionicle movie or TV series, with the possibility of sequels or additional seasons, rather than a commitment to a mess of sprawling side-stories and overambitious crossovers. That, or just one good Bionicle movie as part of the Lego Movie universe.

As a trainee writer, I hope one day, when I re-read all of the Bionicle books, comics, and serials, I would try and invent "a weird" explanation about the MU being inside of the GSR. Because the nature or the design of the GSR, seemed like a mixture of a Tardis and a spacecraft, and a melding of craft work elements between Sci-Fi and magic.

I think in the future, business-wise, Lego might not consider or even thought of having their Bionicle G1 franchise be pitched to animation companies/studios. But a fan can keeping dreaming right?  :afro:

I agree. But I think Lego should collaborate, or try make a pitch with them. After all they are made out of Technic systems as constraction build figures (in my opinion). But I am happy without Lego's involvement either way. ^_^

Edited by bohrokmaster

A  tv series would be the best option but my wishes are.

• Its only G1
  • Not restricted to subscriptions like Netflix, make it as accessible as possible for all audiences
  • No Lego Movie humor, none  of it. Only the established humor from the books and comics.
  • Not in the art style of miramax or the jourmey to one (never liked miramax and the journey to one had rather grainy cgi models)
  • Cover all most of the relevant books and years and web serials to make a cohesive story
Edited by Toa of Ice - 1987

qs3135.jpg

<p>

A tv series would be the best option but my wishes are.

• Its only G1
  • Not restricted to subscriptions like Netflix, make it as accessible as possible for all audiences
  • No Lego Movie humor, none of it. Only the established humor from the books and comics.
  • Not in the art style of miramax or the jourmey to one (never liked miramax and the journey to one had rather grainy cgi models)
  • Cover all most of the relevant books and years and web serials to make a cohesive story
About "Lego Movie"-like humor: This The Bionicle movie must be a epic adventure.But with good plot.

About Netflix: Yes a lot of people don't have a netflix subscribe , but why not?

Hello fellas, in my personal and speculative bionicle cinematic universe´s head canon, is the next:

Phase 1

1. 2001´s-2002´s lore (tetralogy)
  2. 2003´s lore (the mask of light single movie)
  3. 2004´s-200´5 (a prequel saga)
  4. Ignition trilogy:
  • Island of Doom (two movies)
  • Creeps of the deep (two movies)
  • Destiny war (a pentalogy)

Phase 2 (interlude)

the core war saga, propably a trilogy showing, the shattering of Spherus Magna and the creation of Mata Nui and the first years of Bara Magna 

Phase 3 

1. Bara Magna saga part 1
  2. Reign of Darkness Trilogy
  3. Bara Magna Saga part 2
  4. The new Mata Nui adventures

Phase 4 (Journey´s end tetralogy)

1. Journey´s end: The Makuta´s coming
  2. Journey´s end: Civil War (The conclution of Reign of Darkness)
  3. Journey´s end: The final Battle
  4. Journey´s end: Rebirth

Phase 5: The great Beigns saga (Conclution of the saga)

Spin off´s

Lihkan´s adventures

Tales of the matoran universe

Dark Hunters war

Matoran´s Civil War

The league of the six kingdoms

Makuta´s Rebelion (probably a trilogy)

In my personal opinion, this project would be a cinematographic option, not a Netflix exclusive, no the Lego movie or MCU humor. The designs, in my personal opinion, the better way to create a unique style to this idea is respect the original lego designs.

• 1 month later...

Hello fellas, in my personal and speculative bionicle cinematic universe´s head canon, is the next:

Phase 1

• 2001´s-2002´s lore (tetralogy)
  • 2003´s lore (the mask of light single movie)
  • 2004´s-200´5 (a prequel saga)
  • Ignition trilogy:
Phase 2 (interlude)

the core war saga, propably a trilogy showing, the shattering of Spherus Magna and the creation of Mata Nui and the first years of Bara Magna

Phase 3

• Bara Magna saga part 1
  • Reign of Darkness Trilogy
  • Bara Magna Saga part 2
  • The new Mata Nui adventures
  • Journey´s end: The Makuta´s coming
  • Journey´s end: Civil War (The conclution of Reign of Darkness)
  • Journey´s end: The final Battle
  • Journey´s end: Rebirth

Spin off´s

Lihkan´s adventures

Dark Hunters war

Matoran´s Civil War

In my personal opinion, this project would be a cinematographic option, not a Netflix exclusive, no the Lego movie or MCU humor. The designs, in my personal opinion, the better way to create a unique style to this idea is respect the original lego designs.

Very interesting, but i think lego needs to make good spinoff movies(like film about Lihkan). But it,s too expensive to make this amount of films.

<p>

• Its only G1
  • No Lego Movie humor, none of it. Only the established humor from the books and comics.

That true about no Lmovie humor, but Bionicle universe story is complex , and it's will be hard to tell all story in one film

• 1 month later...

Phase 1

• 2001´s-2002´s lore (tetralogy)
  • 2003´s lore (the mask of light single movie)
  • 2004´s-200´5 (a prequel saga)
  • Ignition trilogy:
Phase 2 (interlude)

Phase 3

• Bara Magna saga part 1
  • Reign of Darkness Trilogy
  • Bara Magna Saga part 2
  • The new Mata Nui adventures
  • Journey´s end: The Makuta´s coming
  • Journey´s end: Civil War (The conclution of Reign of Darkness)
  • Journey´s end: The final Battle
  • Journey´s end: Rebirth

Spin off´s

Lihkan´s adventures

Dark Hunters war

Matoran´s Civil War

Very interesting, but i think lego needs to make good spinoff movies(like film about Lihkan). But it,s too expensive to make this amount of films.

<p>

• Its only G1
That true about no Lmovie humor, but Bionicle universe story is complex , and it's will be hard to tell all story in one film

Well, two things:

1. How can you make two or more movies about done storyline? That’s too much. One movie for the storyline would make sense. It’s not like The Lord of the Rings.

2. Bionicle is very different from the The Lego Movies. You see, The Lego Movies are just set in a world formed by the imagination of a kid (or two because of The Lego Ninjago Movie) and is primarily filled with very silly humor in any way. Bionicle is not like that. It’s just too random and wacky. It’s a sci-fi fantasy franchise that is an action figure line and about bio-mechanical Beings fighting against evil while collecting valuable things to save the world from the evil forces. No kid created this kind of universe with his imagination. Plus, it’s like the Marvel Cinematic Universe by being 90% serious and 10% humorous. You could see how the direct-to-video movies and TJoO were, as they were like this. The characters don’t fool around much. Well, G1 makes more sense than G2. Bionicle is always been like this. If there were to be a theatrical film or a legit TV show, like Ninjago, that film or TV show should keep G1’s kind of thing, like how that Transformers movie called Bumblebee kept the G1 designs much, despite not making sense a little in the story in relation to other TF films. A good writer and producer should do that for G1 fans’ pleasure.

For other things, a TV show could logically work for Bionicle’s story as well as a movie series somehow, including G1, so people could follow the story easier (most G1 media are books and written stuff without pictures). It would be nice to do that, and that’s how people understand Ninjago’s story very well. Well, a Cinematic Universe would be Bionicle’s main thing while the TV shows would be for minor characters. That could work, too. Since you mentioned the animation quality, here’s how I look at them:

1. The Miramax trilogy’s animation is alright. I like how the characters look like cyborgs to show what they truly are. However, there are some inaccuracies, like some differences from Lego sets mostly. For example, Onua and Pohatu are upright while all of the Toa Nuva have identical arm structure.

2. The Legend Reborn’s animation is very good. It looks very much like the sets, with the organic tissue hidden in the characters’ armor. I’m okay with good guys with blue eyes and bad guys with red eyes, but there are also some inaccuracies, like the sets. I mean, there are these spinning circles for no reason, and some parts are misplaced. Lol. Many characters never had all of their equipment from the sets, like Thornax Launchers. The characters’ mouths should be fixed a little rather than looking like skulls when they move their mouths.

3. TJoO’s animation is okay. I mean, I like how the characters look more like their sets than how the animations from other mentioned media did and how they looks a little more logical from their sets by removing their gear butt parts, but they can look like that they can sit down down properly, but the Mask-less heads are lacking mouths. It’s not logically to have light-up eye holes in their masks. Plus, their 3-D animation models look 2-D. That animation also never include those strange masks from the summer 2016 sets (the infected Toa’s masks or the altered Hunter mask). Sometimes, weapons phase through the models, which is silly.

4. The 2015 online videos’ animation is 2-D, which is big alright and I like how some characters are more expressive, like the fangs and pointy toes on the Skull villains, but characters are a little accurate from their sets, like Pohatu missing a dagger and the Skull villains lacking some masks included in their sets. I am not fond the animation quality being a flash type of you know what I mean.

Some of these things don’t make sense in some ways. If there were a theatrical movie series or TV series, it would show the way that Transformers: Prime goes, as the characters should look almost exactly like their sets and include everything from their sets, like TJoO, but with 3-D being 3-D, like TF: P and TLR, mouths that can look like mouths and move normally, hands and eyes being handled properly like humans, and have all characters in a storyline appear in there for people’s convenience. They can keep the organic tissue part from the Miramax trilogy as a nice touch. Now that would be a perfect kind of animation.:) To be honest, we kind of got some cheap animation.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

• 2 weeks later...

It would work better as a Clone Wars-style TV series in my opinion. An overall plot, but with episodes focusing on different groups of characters. An arc featuring the Toa Mata advancing the main story, then an arc focusing on Takua’s quests, etc. That way, you could pretty much cover everything from the Quest for the Toa GBA game to the unfinished serials The Powers That Be and The Yesterday Quest, provided it lasted long enough. If you absolutely need to make a feature film series for BIONICLE, the best way to do it is to make one movie for each story year and condense the plots...which is exactly what they did for four of them.

Bottom line: while 2007-2010 (and 2001-2003 to a much lesser extent) have multiple semi-unrelated side stories going on, BIONICLE has a mostly linear main plot. It’s not like the MCU, which has individual character-centric movies in addition to the group movies. Most of those characters originated in their own comic book series going all the way back to the early 1960s (early 1940s for Cap) and so have a ton of potential story material for solo flicks. BIONICLE has a bunch of characters working together from the start in a core storyline, plus some web-exclusive side stories.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese
  • Upvote 1

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

• 4 weeks later...

Ironically I'm trying a similar project, but in literature form. Still trying to work on it.

Anyways, I liked the way the original 3 movies came out and through they had so much potential if they could've been expanded on a little. Like, given how they were around 75 minutes each, I don't know if the run time could've been expanded to 90 minutes or even a full 2 hours if possible. I'm not sure if they'd still be able to put one out every year, let alone two kind of like how Marvel does sometimes, but then they have multiple crews. 

Aside from that, depending on the content of the story that year, I'd say would be a good call for how many movies to put out that year, if multiple ones are possible. If not, then one per story year covering some of the key details of that year. The movies should also make sure to focus on the main protagonists of that year as much as possible, which'll bring me to another point later on. In other words, no need to overload on characters unless necessary. Unless like in 2006 when everybody was there. 

So to that end, in addition to the movies, I think some additional media like TV series should go in hand with it. Also kind of like how Marvel does with Agents of Shield, and it could cover like the serial or any related side stories that could coincide with the movies or be their own stand alone thing. Kind of like how some anime does it. Although I'm still confused about when/how A Certain Magical Index and Scientific Railgun take place. They take place at the same time but I don't know when. They still work, either way.

A tricky part would be whether or not the series will play into the movies. Like with how some of the Marvel series didn't exactly play into the movies heavily, aside from when they featured Jarvis in Endgame when he was exclusive to the Agent Carter series. The serials didn't play too much into the main storyline with some exceptions like the killing of Botar that was kinda thrown around the books but actually a main event in the serials. Even then, it still felt like they glossed over it. Depending on how that goes, that would determine how to tailor each series. At the same time, though, you might not want to try and put too much on the viewers as well. Because imagine like:

"Oh wow, that Bionicle Karda Nui movie looks cool! I wanna go see that!"

"Yeah, but did you see the Federation of Fear series?"

"Oh, no, I haven't. Is that good?"

"Yeah, but you might wanna catch up on it since there's some stuff you might not get unless you see it."

That's just a random example I had, but it's kinda true. That's both a pro and con to the MCU, since you have all these interwoven stories that connect almost seamlessly in an over arcing plot. But then if you miss one movie, you might not get what's going on in some parts. Like when I saw Age of Ultron before Winter Soldier and I was kind of lost at the start. I'd been watching Agents of Shield so I had a general idea of what happened, but I was confused with some stuff like how they got the staff and who these two young people with extraordinary powers are that I hadn't seen before. 

With that out of the way, I think G1 had the most notable story content that can easily work for multiple movies. You can have 2001 be its own thing with the Toa Mata, then 2002 with the Bohrok, etc. until maybe around 2003/4 when we have a few things going on and different villain arcs or just a ton of content. That's the point where I don't know if you could have multiple movies that year, like say in 2003 have the Bohrok Kal arc in early 2003 followed by the Rahkshi arc in late 2003? Well, anyways, we go all that up until we make it to 2010 or 2011 (the original planned story?). At that point, it's all a blank slate waiting to be filled and a lot of territory to cover story-wise. So if Lego really wanted to, they could use the IP the same way an anime that exists mostly to be a televised adaptation of a manga/light novel/visual novel/etc that isn't directly meant to sell toys, but then at the end of the day, Lego is a toy company, so they essentially have to find a way to sell the toys the IP is based around. More or less the way Hasbro has the Transformers movies to make money and sell toys.

But if we ignored that, I imagine it could be a very interesting and extensive idea. We will just need to find a way to sell merchandise as well to help it along.