Project 2012: Completed Calendar

Happy New year! 2012 is here, and likewise Project 2012 is completed. The calendar has a different piece of artwork for every month, all of them original, created exclusively for this project (except for ToM Dracone's April image).The collaboration includes the work of ten artists, among them such stars as Vezok's Friend and ToM Dracone, along with lesser known artists such as Phyoohrii and Metax.With no further ado, I present the fruits of our our diverse labors...thumbteaser.png(Click image)

Past Months:

January By Vezok's Friend

February By 55555

March By MatoroIgnika

April By ToM Dracone

May By Cherixon

Credits:MatoroIgnika (Founder, Artist)55555 (Organizer, Design Consultant, Artist)Xccj (Coding Wizard)Vezok's Friend (Cover Artist)ToM Dracone (Artist, Design Consultant)Metax (Artist, Consultant)Cherixon (Artist)Phyoohrii (Artist)Legolover-361 (Artist)Brave Dragon (Artist)

Monthly updated userbar, no credit requested:

januarybar.png

[url="http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=2709"][img=http://www.majhost.com/gallery/kanoka94/Project2012/januarybar.png][/url]

Check out the calendar, make sure to check it every month for new art.Here's to 2012, may it be filled with good fortune and lack of apocalypses.

- 55555 Edited by Black Six

yeah lets hope there is no end of the world. I must say that the dragon for the first month is surprisingly captivating. I like how the dragon looks realistic and how it seems to be part of the water itself. i will definitely be watching for new pics.On a side note since this is doing with 2012 too i would like to say i can't wait for the specified day because i'm curious how people will react that day and if it becomes like other events where people are stealing stuff from stores basically chaos. What i really want to see is if the world does not end that day and yet there is already chaos how people are going to act knowing they did stuff with intent that they weren't going to survive yet oh they did. That will be most interesting.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Man am I glad my idea has finally come to fruition. ^_^ It feels like just yesterday that I was trying to make the 2011 Calendar, then BZP went down.I'd just like to thank everyone who has helped out on it. :biggrin:Now onto the calendar itself, Man, It's everything I had imagined. :3 All the artists that helped out are bloody amazing.

Edited by ~MatoroIgnika~

Oh how I love VF's work.I'll be checking back each month to see the new pics!I gotta say VF, this may be my favorite work of yours second to the Vorox, the background is beautiful, and the dragon-thing is wonderfully detailed.Can't wait 'till February.

jlovfkk.jpg

Looks awesome! I'm so glad that I was able to help.All of the artists who created are amazing... whether they be created by hand or on computer. VF is a total beast at drawing.I wish you could skip months to see the rest of the artwork. :P

Edited by Cherixon

Fantastic! I'm so glad this all came together so well in the end, the result looks good. :biggrin: Thanks so much for asking me to be a part of this, again — I'm really happy to have contributed. (Also because it got me to get up and do something artistic for the first time in a while!)I also snuck around and looked at the upcoming months, heh, and everyone else's stuff looks good too. Here's hoping more people see this!I do have a couple questions about the titles my pieces ended up with, though...

Edited by ToM Dracone

This is old.

Oh wow! This is simply a marvellous idea and a great project! To have the works of so many great artists, all gathered into one place is awesome.They all look great, and I mean all of them (though, how come February's not up yet?), though I have to say, "Schemes within Schemes" is particularly interesting. @Legolover: Yours does not look out of place, it looks great, perfect for its month too.But I guess I better only comment on the January one right now since that's the only one I'm supposed to be seeing right now( :P ).The Background is simply stunning, and the Dragon, or Ice Creeper, or Whatever you want to call it, also looks great, blending in perfectly with the icy environment. I really love the colouring on his scales. However, there's something about Tahu that looks a little off, almost like he doesn't quite belong. I think it might be that it doesn't look like he should be standing in such a way, almost like he's actually floating. I dunno, just something about the pose that seems awkward.My favourite part about it though is the subtly placed Miru on the Dragons head!

Edited by Toa Kovolta

BBCC #68 sig.png The Iron Tiger

Feel it's about time I made a reply here, more than anything just to comment on Veef's amazing piece. But yeah, everything has turned out great! It'll be really fun going through all the months as they come. I must also say, whoever made the thumbnails at the bottom, thank you ever so much for doing mine the way you did, it's always the first thing I notice when I look at my piece. But yeah, such amazing art and artists!Anyway, Veef's piece. I love it. I really like the colour and the amazing wintry landscape. The serpent is really intricately designed, looks amazing. Surely one of the most terrifying beaties to be found on Mata Nui. I honestly did not notice the Miru at all until it was mentioned, such a great little detail. Honestly, though, Tahu strikes me as a bit off, the perspective to me seems a bit off in relation to the background. But I like the way he's been designed, sleek robotic design. A streamlined version of the original Mata. Anyway, a really amazing piece to start this cool project off, and a very appropriate piece for a Northern Hemisphere Winter (yeah, not so good for evoking the mood of the around 30 degree Celsius range I'm experiencing here, haha).But yeah, well done to everyone involved, you've (we've I guess) pulled off something really awesome and it's a great tribute for this line.signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

Epic. I want the whole calendar now so I can use it. Looks amazing, love the rahi beast the Tahu is fighting.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I like the style of this one. Nice contrast of the red of the bird with the green webs. Though, the webs seem a bit... too vibrant as background material (I probably would have gone a few shades darker for them, but that's just my taste in color talking. ><). Actually, I don't think it's the fact that they're too bright, but maybe because the mist above is really light?Both the rahi and Nuju are very organic. That's not a bad thing (after all, Nuju is a mutant here, so looking unnatural would be... well, normal. XP). Though, he does look more like a Glatorian than a toa. His armor design is interesting. I like the style of this one, even though it's not that accurate to the set (Note to self: Dear compliments... try to sound more like compliments. D= ).The clouds are something I really don't like in this, however. They're too orderly and almost look solid. They also stick out a good deal compared to the smooth misty effect behind them. Maybe adding in more movement in the mist would help blend them in (brush strokes, circular motions maybe? I've nevery really drawn clouds before and I'm not that skilled with digital art, so I wouldn't know). Also, the clouds seem too orderly in shape. The movement's there (although the movement itself is really orderly too), but clouds are naturally chaotic and random in form, so don't be afraid to mix it up a bit.I love the webs on the knowledge towers. ^^ It's really a pleasure to look at. Great piece for February. ^^

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, everyone check out MatoroIgnika's art for the month!

The February artwork looks really cool. My only criticism is that Nuju looks too organic. Otherwise, very nice job, 55555.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm not very experienced with my tablet.

I like the style of this one. Nice contrast of the red of the bird with the green webs. Though, the webs seem a bit... too vibrant as background material (I probably would have gone a few shades darker for them, but that's just my taste in color talking. ><). Actually, I don't think it's the fact that they're too bright, but maybe because the mist above is really light?Both the rahi and Nuju are very organic. That's not a bad thing (after all, Nuju is a mutant here, so looking unnatural would be... well, normal. XP). Though, he does look more like a Glatorian than a toa. His armor design is interesting. I like the style of this one, even though it's not that accurate to the set (Note to self: Dear compliments... try to sound more like compliments. D= ).The clouds are something I really don't like in this, however. They're too orderly and almost look solid. They also stick out a good deal compared to the smooth misty effect behind them. Maybe adding in more movement in the mist would help blend them in (brush strokes, circular motions maybe? I've nevery really drawn clouds before and I'm not that skilled with digital art, so I wouldn't know). Also, the clouds seem too orderly in shape. The movement's there (although the movement itself is really orderly too), but clouds are naturally chaotic and random in form, so don't be afraid to mix it up a bit.I love the webs on the knowledge towers. ^^ It's really a pleasure to look at. Great piece for February. ^^

I think the clouds are fine as long as you don't think about them. XD Tons of room for improvement on them, I agree. Thanks!

Is that a Pyrrhuloxia Cardinal?

Actually no, I just made it up. Though I see the resemblance.- 55555

It is really strange, I always seem to find this sort of stuff completely randomly on Brickshelf before I find it here. Honestly, this is the third time I've had this happen. And I spend very little time on Brickshelf and loads here! ...confused. :blink:Either way, I somehow missed out on this until now, in March. I am definitely going to check back on this monthly for the updates, as the artwork looks great so far. MatoroIgnika's "Alignment" is aesthetically pleasing and the archetypical calendar art. The overall gradient is nice. I'm a tad confused however; what exactly is in "Alignment?"Just as a note about how I found this on Brickshelf first: what I ran across was VF's January drawing. I ran across it randomly and I looked at the file name confusedly. Why would it be "calendar.jpg?" Well, now I know!

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

Wow, this looks awesome. Unfortunately, I found this in March and I've already got a super awesome Red Wings calendar, so I won't be using it as a calendar. However, I will use it to ogle great looking artwork. Fantastic job!-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Yay, now I get to finally see what the February piece was! ...and congrats on the front page!On February: that bird is awesome. The whole piece is very well done, but the one factor that really sells it off as a great work of art is the usage of color. The all-invasive green just seems to reflect off of everything, even tinting the underside of the clouds. Also, the shape of the clouds, indicating wind flow to the right, gave some additional energy to it in a nice subtle manner. Cool stuff, 55555.

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

amazing i love the artwork for the febuary especially that we see toa hordika nuju using what he learned from kaulus. and i must admit adding the owl added a nice majestic feel to it. i can't wait for the march version

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

amazing i love the artwork for the febuary especially that we see toa hordika nuju using what he learned from kaulus. and i must admit adding the owl added a nice majestic feel to it. i can't wait for the march version

Dude, the March version is out. Click on the Huge image in the first post, it brings you to the latest page. :P

well i must say that i find the march picture to be, oh how to put it in a nice and non rude way, it is lacking a bionicle feel. in all reality when i looked at it i felt like it was that scene from star wars episode 4 where luke is looking at the double suns. i just want it to be known i'm not trying to be mean or rude or hurt anyone feelings and i'm sorry if i do but this is just how i feel about the art.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

• 2 weeks later...
:kaukau: Wow, this project has really got me to realize something: I ought to put a little more of my art on BZPower. Maybe to some Bionicle-related artwork, too, which I've never done before. Vezok's Friend has helped me realize that there's also a lot of potential in photoshop, and ToM Dracone has just inspired me by being awesome. Maybe I'll end up finding my nitch here on BZPower once again.So far, I'm particularly impressed with the scope of VF's imagination, but I also like the medium used in February's art (although the actual picture itself lacks somewhat in its execution). March, in its simplicity, ads a very interesting contrast to the previous pictures. I can't wait to see ToM's artwork.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Some news gents; the calendar is now hosted to BZPower itself, and thus has a much prettier URL and is better for other reasons! Big thanks to Black Six for obliging us!

:kaukau: Wow, this project has really got me to realize something: I ought to put a little more of my art on BZPower. Maybe to some Bionicle-related artwork, too, which I've never done before. Vezok's Friend has helped me realize that there's also a lot of potential in photoshop, and ToM Dracone has just inspired me by being awesome. Maybe I'll end up finding my nitch here on BZPower once again.So far, I'm particularly impressed with the scope of VF's imagination, but I also like the medium used in February's art (although the actual picture itself lacks somewhat in its execution). March, in its simplicity, ads a very interesting contrast to the previous pictures. I can't wait to see ToM's artwork.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Thanks! Yeah, I won't pretend I'm and expert, I've worked with my tablet very little. But I'm glad I made something worth looking at at least. :)Yeah, put up some art, more art is always good. Maybe you'll get an invite for Project 2013!- 55555 Edited by 55555

• 2 weeks later...

I really like April's artwork. It really fits a spring theme. ^^Love the paint effect in the background too and how there's a lack of characters. It's simple and feels natural (not that I don't like the ones with characters, but for a spring theme, I like the simplicity of the concept).

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing