What Was Your First Bionicle Set?

SolitaryHyena

Onua Mata. Ah, the nostalgia XDI remember getting my "Lego World Club" magazine with the first Bionicle comic in January '01, and then instantly persuading my mother to take me to get one of the sets. If I recall correctly, I chose Onua because I couldn't make head or tail of his design from his main picture, so I chose him to work out what he actually did look like in reality XD I must have been... nine years old ...back then? Wow, that was just over half my life ago.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Since my first sets were Gali and Onua, my brothers and I set up a system where one would get the Brown and Green sets, the other would get the White and Red sets, and I'd get the Blue and Black sets. It worked out pretty well actually.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

My first set was Turaga Matau. It was also the first anything I bought with my own money, at least that I can remember. Sadly, Matau has since lost his mask, but it's been replaced with Ehrye's. I then bought the Toa in this order: Tahu, Onua, Pohatu (to complete Akamai), Gali, Kopaka, then Lewa. Lewa was sold out everywhere I looked for the longest time, which was ironic considering he was (and still is) my favorite character and set. :mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

Lewa Mata, back when Bionicle first came out.

[size=4][color=#FF0000][color=#000000]Formerly known as ROTF Devastator[/color][/color][/size]
Kittiez sigpet made by Mr Nebby
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/vakama18/Stuff/shockwave_sig.jpg[/img][img]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Nrdy/Kittiez/W1/tabby.png[/img]

The Bohrak Kohrok. I didn't really know much about Bionicle then. I then got Toa Nuva Gali and Onua, then it expanded, I now have over 70 sets.

Just because my sig is confusing Doesn'tmean it doesn't seem strangely awesome. how will you read this when it is invisible? But now you won't get just bits and pieces of something, then it would be something completly different.? Just highlight it to reveal the secret! It can be quite interesting...

~Power of Gresh~

If you can solve the Rubik's Cube in under a minute, PM me!

Tahu Mata. Got it as a birthday present from a friend. Ironically, around '03-'04, I made a friend who was obsessed with Bionicle as I was, and it was all we'd talk about. And the friend who got me Tahu would berate us for talking about it so much, and even yell at us to stop. Hey man, it's your fault for getting me that Tahu in the first place. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the first BIONICLE set I ever saw/touched was Pahrak Kal IIRC, but the first one I owned was Guurahk. I was five years old. Unfortunately, it's gone. Luckily, I have another one. In perfect condition w/ a level six Kraata (It's somewhere within my house, I know of that :P .

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

'01 Gali. I saw Bionicles in the store one time and asked my parents for one. So what do they get me? Mega Blocks.... I told them that I wanted a Bionicle, so they took it back and got me Gali. It wasn't until years later I found out Gali was a girl though.

Megablocks? :o I can understand the wrong set, but that's an entirely different company and product line altogether! Alas, we all make mistakes...Anyway, for me it was Kopaka Mata. :akaku: I'll never forget looking at that birthday present and thinking to myself: "What on earth is this?...but it looks cool!" I had no idea what Bionicle was before that. All it would take was that one set to start me off on a barrage of expenditures that would reach incalculable levels. If anything were ever worth it, though, it was probably Bionicle.

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

• 4 weeks later...