Deceased Bionicle Body Procedure

I have been thinking lately and have had one thought that won't leave my mind and that is how does a matoran body get handledWhat i mean by this is that we know bionicles can die and that several characters we know by name have actually died not including those who were absorbed by a makuta. Well if something can die then would that something also leave a body and if so do they bury it burn it what?For example look at the matoran civil war and the Toa/Dark Hunter war. Each war had members who died be it toa or matoran. And you never here what they do with the body. I'm pretty sure they don't just leave the body in the middle of the street or path and just walk around it. There have been instances where dead bodies have not been attended to like that toa who wore a mask of telepathy that tried to get to Karzahni, we know he was not buried by someone else but more so by nature. I know this may be a bit morbid topic but we must realize that death even happens to bionicles. I find it funny how in the first bionicle movie we saw jaller die but never saw what happened to his body same with Lhikan in movie number 2 we see him die too and once again we don't see what happens to his body. I would also mention sidorak but after the hit from keetongu I don't think there was much left of him.So please feel free to give your views on this or heck if someone can actually get an answer from greg go right on ahead.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Grim topic indeed. Better watch out it stays age-appropriate.That out of the way, I am sure there are some sorts of rites, depending on the deceased and what species they are from. I also suspect the biological parts will break down over time. I guess the rest will be remains akin to how the Mata looked upon first arriving on Mata Nui. But I wouldn't go into more detail on that part ^^

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

I imagine they'd be buried. I'm not sure where, but I think I can remember specific evidence of a character being buried somewhere.... :notsure:

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

We could probably assume they bury their dead, at least on Metru Nui they probably would bury a matoran if they had died. In the wild, they would probably been left and break down/be buried naturally.I don't believe Lhikan was buried, Vakama had to leave before he could do anything with the body. Roodaka would have passed the body when she visited Teridax when he was trapped. Most likely mechanical parts would remain there unless the Turaga had some sort of ceremony when Metru Nui repopulated.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Well, the Toa Metru had to leave soon after Lhikan died, so his body was probably left there and eaten by the Visorak or escaped Rahi.

that is kinda of super morbid but it could happen. the thing is that both times we saw someone die in the movies they both shared the same mask maybe there is a curse on that mask...lol but really it is kinda of weird it's the same mask.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Well, the Toa Metru had to leave soon after Lhikan died, so his body was probably left there and eaten by the Visorak or escaped Rahi.

that is kinda of super morbid but it could happen. the thing is that both times we saw someone die in the movies they both shared the same mask maybe there is a curse on that mask...lol but really it is kinda of weird it's the same mask.
That would make a really awesome plot twist.

I would think that they would bury them.

Either this or reuse the mechanical parts for new Matoran. After all, if one dies, they will need a replacement.
That was the logic I was using when I said they would be teleported to Artahka, the mechanical parts could be reused to make new Matoran.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

They eat them.

So they're cannibals? Oh, God... still probably what they do, anyway... :PSeriously, Skakdi are probably cannibalistic, anyway

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I'd imagine they scavenge the armour and Kanohi from their brethren. Waste not, want not after all. After that, there'd probably be some burial service for them. They just don't detail them because it's Lego. That WOULD be dark. Although, I think during The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet, there was a bit where Kongu tripped over a Le-Matoran's corpse. So at least we know for sure there is something left behind.As for Turaga Lhikan's body...Well, at the risk of sounding sinister, I wouldn't be surprised if Roodaka came across it and kicked it into the sea below. She doesn't seem like the kind to hold a funeral service.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

They eat them.

So they're cannibals? Oh, God... still probably what they do, anyway... :PSeriously, Skakdi are probably cannibalistic, anyway
Cannibalism isn't as gory with Matoran. All they do is hold them and absorb energy somehow.

I'd imagine they scavenge the armour and Kanohi from their brethren. Waste not, want not after all. After that, there'd probably be some burial service for them. They just don't detail them because it's Lego. That WOULD be dark. Although, I think during The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet, there was a bit where Kongu tripped over a Le-Matoran's corpse. So at least we know for sure there is something left behind.As for Turaga Lhikan's body...Well, at the risk of sounding sinister, I wouldn't be surprised if Roodaka came across it and kicked it into the sea below. She doesn't seem like the kind to hold a funeral service.

Was that one of the murder victims? I imagine they wouldn't have been left their on a permanent basis :P. Still they would certainly scavenge Kanohi, armour is probably more complicated.Also just a thought, we know a Matoran has died when their heart light goes out, but would it be possible to have a back from the dead situation like in real life, where someone is pronounced dead, and then surgeons or paramedics get the heart going again. If something similar is possible with Matoran, would the Heartlight still work?

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Also just a thought, we know a Matoran has died when their heart light goes out, but would it be possible to have a back from the dead situation like in real life, where someone is pronounced dead, and then surgeons or paramedics get the heart going again. If something similar is possible with Matoran, would the Heartlight still work?

I'd imagine it'd have to be VERY soon. I'm not a doctor, but I imagine those occurrences are very close to the "time of death" when there's still something of an afterglow in the brain.Actually, Takutanuva kinda messes that one up with his revival of Jaller...Hm, that makes things complicated...

LzcD9OS.png

I'd imagine they keep the mask, that's one of the ways they remember each other, and as we saw, Jaller's mask was kept at his memorial pillar. Though in same cases, such as the murdered Le-Matoran in The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet, where his mask was shattered.We could also assume they bury the dead, or at least move it away, as we saw they had a memorial to Jaller in Mask of Light though we don't know exactly what happened to the body.What's really creepy about that is, if they hadn't buried Jaller yet (they had brought his body somewhere, but hadn't had the time to bury it) when Jaller was re-animated, he would be able to find his own, dead body. Unless, of course, in the re-animation process, the body transported to the spot.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Pretty sure it was confirmed a new body was made for Jaller, TBOC. And like others said, I think Greg did say they buried the body. Not sure if he's ever said that was a tradition or anything, though. He was the first to die on Mata Nui, but we know others died on Metru Nui.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

It is known that memorial services are held for the dead as well, as one was held for Matoro.

I'd imagine it'd have to be VERY soon. I'm not a doctor, but I imagine those occurrences are very close to the "time of death" when there's still something of an afterglow in the brain.

Instant revival isn't necessary. Bonds can be created with a Kanohi if it is worn for a long period of time, and the spirit can be brought back to the Kanohi, as happened with Mata Nui. The same would probably be the case with Jaller, as he wore his Hau for a much longer time than Mata Nui wore the Ignika. Edited by Infrared

It is known that memorial services are held for the dead as well, as one was held for Matoro.

I'd imagine it'd have to be VERY soon. I'm not a doctor, but I imagine those occurrences are very close to the "time of death" when there's still something of an afterglow in the brain.

Instant revival isn't necessary. Bonds can be created with a Kanohi if it is worn for a long period of time, and the spirit can be brought back to the Kanohi, as happened with Mata Nui. The same would probably be the case with Jaller, as he wore his Hau for a much longer time than Mata Nui wore the Ignika.
Well of course they held a service for matoro he sacrificed himself for the better of everyone.Also someone mentioned that maybe the bodies were sent to artahka to be reused for new matoran. When i read this i automaticall saw a scene in my mindmatoran: Artahka we just got another matoran bodyArtahka: Oh good i have a new matoran here who needs a arm then he is finishedMatoran brings in the bodyArtahka: Oh the dead matoran is a ba-matoran this matoran is a ko-matoran well we will just give him a purple left arm and let all other matoran laugh at himMatoran: your the builderI could see that happening. Also i like how someone also said that roodaka may have just thrown lihkans body into the ocean i could see her doing that. I also just thought that the toa-metru would have been able to grab his body after they encased teridax in protodermis since all six of them were there and his body was not far away. I still like the roodaka version.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

They might scavenge the body for parts. Since matoran are mostly mechanicle I reckon that their parts could be re-used. I'm sure they would set the mask aside, however, as it has a special sigificance.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Instant revival isn't necessary. Bonds can be created with a Kanohi if it is worn for a long period of time, and the spirit can be brought back to the Kanohi, as happened with Mata Nui. The same would probably be the case with Jaller, as he wore his Hau for a much longer time than Mata Nui wore the Ignika.
Well of course they held a service for matoro he sacrificed himself for the better of everyone.Also someone mentioned that maybe the bodies were sent to artahka to be reused for new matoran. When i read this i automaticall saw a scene in my mindmatoran: Artahka we just got another matoran bodyArtahka: Oh good i have a new matoran here who needs a arm then he is finishedMatoran brings in the bodyArtahka: Oh the dead matoran is a ba-matoran this matoran is a ko-matoran well we will just give him a purple left arm and let all other matoran laugh at himMatoran: your the builderI could see that happening. Also i like how someone also said that roodaka may have just thrown lihkans body into the ocean i could see her doing that. I also just thought that the toa-metru would have been able to grab his body after they encased teridax in protodermis since all six of them were there and his body was not far away. I still like the roodaka version.
Artahka cannot and does not make Matoran! He only creates inanimate objects! He gave up on making living things after the Crystal Serpents!

aouROFb.png

They might scavenge the body for parts. Since matoran are mostly mechanicle I reckon that their parts could be re-used. I'm sure they would set the mask aside, however, as it has a special sigificance.-don't touch my pocket protector

That might explain why the Ta-Matoran had to make so many new masks, in addition to wear and tear and damage from normal use. However, we have never seen a large amount of mask-carrying memorials to dead Matoran. Perhaps because so few died?

That might explain why the Ta-Matoran had to make so many new masks, in addition to wear and tear and damage from normal use.However, we have never seen a large amount of mask-carrying memorials to dead Matoran. Perhaps because so few died?
I think a lot of Ta-matoran made masks for the sake of culture, a lot of them had masks hung up in their huts. Perhaps there is a single memorial of some sort on Metru Nui, where all the dead masks are sent, or something of that nature.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Artahka cannot and does not make Matoran! He only creates inanimate objects! He gave up on making living things after the Crystal Serpents!
oh yeah if forgot about that

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

When a matoran dies his kanohi is crammed into a small hatch on a certain Toa of Light's speeder bike and smuggled into Mangaia to be revived by Takutanuva so as to give the movie a happy ending. This happens several thousand times each year, several million times during a large-scale war, and Makuta's lair has gotten pretty packed as a result. Onu-matoran have lost sleep trying to figure out a way to keep that one giant door open 24/7. There is talk of establishing a twelve-widget fee for each revival, with a two widget "respawn fee" attached for each consecutive death. Failure to pay the respawn fee will result in konohi repossession. Repo'd kanohi are typically used as bathroom decorations.

Edited by g.m.c4

-Thisisanoriginalsignature-

• 3 weeks later...

I guess it would depend on how quickly they got fixed, but I tend to doubt it. Even if the body did get repaired, it would still need some sort of jump-start to get it going again, like Takutanuva or the Ignika.As for Lhikan, my guess is that the Toa Metru attended to his body immediately after imprisoning Teridax. It was right there, and they all had tremendous respect for him. They would have done something with it before departing for Mata Nui.

ppg2.png

I was kind of wondering about this myself. But, I also wondered something.Because they are mostly mechanical, if they sustained a small but fatal injury, would it be possible to 'Fix' whatever killed them and revive them?

Small but fatal? How can something but "small but fatal"?There was actually a video of questions asked as an addendum to the LoMN movie that addressed this question. "Could a Toa be rebuilt if it was destroyed?" The answer was "Yes, but it would take a lot of skill". That aside, I would imagine that it would depend on what was damaged. If it was a purely mechanical failure or mechanical parts that were damaged, then repair of those parts would be sufficient to restore function, but it would have to be done very quickly, as a mechanical failure that would cause death would quickly compromise the organic parts as well. Also, I could argue that a mechanical failure that would cause death would likely cause damage to organic parts. Organics and mechanics aren't separate things in Matoran bodies, to the point where I could attack an arm and hit only mechanical parts. The two are interwoven. Likely not all of the organics could be restored, which would mean that some of them would have to be replaced. This could result in an entirely new being, however.Also, most of the deaths by force in Bionicle are in locations where such tech to get new parts and such aren't exactly readily available (The Great Barrier, island of Mata Nui, for example) and are caused by powers causing cascading system failures in nearly all parts (aside from Lhikan, who took a bad hit). Repair operations would not be possible due to lack of tech or would not be worth it or both. In the case of Lhikan it was the former. And their is the matter of honor and respect for the dead, which I believe the Matoran have. Cannabalising them for spare parts isn't very respectful, and trying to repair them would be in league with that. Unless they were really desperate, I doubt they would.

Didn't Lhikan's body materialized into the mask in the movie or I'm remembering wrong?

As for Turaga Lhikan's body...Well, at the risk of sounding sinister, I wouldn't be surprised if Roodaka came across it and kicked it into the sea below. She doesn't seem like the kind to hold a funeral service.

Why you want to bury your enemy in the first place?

The-Crew-Xbox-360-Ps3-Playstation-3-Wall

Didn't Lhikan's body materialized into the mask in the movie or I'm remembering wrong?

As for Turaga Lhikan's body...Well, at the risk of sounding sinister, I wouldn't be surprised if Roodaka came across it and kicked it into the sea below. She doesn't seem like the kind to hold a funeral service.

No, Lhikan legitamately died. It was Jaller who died and was reborn through an imprint on his mask. As for Roodaka, I doubt she found the body. More likely the Toa buried him soon after death before moving on.

• 2 weeks later...

In the novelization of Bionicle: Mask of Light, it states that Jaller's body was entombed in a Suva-shaped grave. It is possible, however, that Jaller was privileged to be entombed because of his status as a hero among the Matoran, and Captain of the Ta-Koro guard, no less. :akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

Edited by X-Ray

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

If I recall, Nuparu once referenced carving memorial stones.

Actually i think it was kongu who said something like that. I think it went something like this"they can write on our memorial stones "At least nuparu had fun" he was talking about how nuparu had the mask of flight and how nuparu said he was having fun using it.I will try to find the actual quote in the book and when i do i will post it.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I think burial is used normally, although I can't come up with any proof better than the Kongu/Nuparu quote. In other cases, Karzahni must have gotten all those spare parts from somewhere... But since we don't know the process of how matoran are created, and we know that the population of the matoran stayed the same, I would say that matoran parts might be recycled.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Not exactly a burial. More a frustrated kick against the nearest punchbag. A punchbag you hate and want to get rid of before it stinks up the place.

LzcD9OS.png