Deceased Bionicle Body Procedure

Didn't Lhikan's body materialized into the mask in the movie or I'm remembering wrong?

As for Turaga Lhikan's body...Well, at the risk of sounding sinister, I wouldn't be surprised if Roodaka came across it and kicked it into the sea below. She doesn't seem like the kind to hold a funeral service.

Why you want to bury your enemy in the first place?
Not exactly a burial. More a frustrated kick against the nearest punchbag. A punchbag you hate and want to get rid of before it stinks up the place.
Please. I believe that the Toa Metru would have buried Lhikan before Roodaka even arrived on the scene. There's no evidence that they took the body with them, and I doubt they would have left their respected Turaga and leader to rot.

Hmm... I'll try to break this down into two possibilities. 1) The body is buried.2) The body is not buried.I'll start with 2).We know that the matoran were created as tools. Say I break a wrench. What would I do? First I'd try to fix it, maybe see if I could save any of the material for scrap work. This is the logic that might propose matoran are not buried. They have quite a bit of mechanical parts to them, and if I were a Great Being, if one of these "broke down" (aka died) then I might consider that possibility and create a system where the materials might be reused. We know matoran are created specially (they're full adults when created, and I've imaged they're made by a factory of sorts somewhere in Mata Nui's body for replacements). So, what if there's a sort of "laundry chute" or a "scrap yard" where Mata Nui's body could re-absorb the material and use them elsewhere? If I were a Great Being, that's the route I would take instead of just wasting the material to create a matoran. 'I'm not necessarily saying the matoran actually use this system, but I think it's an interesting thought to consider the possibility of one existing.1) matoran are buried.However, the Great Beings did not count on the sentience of Matoran. Seeing as how human they act (humanoid figure, moral debates, etc), I wouldn't say it would be crazy to think they buried their dead. As said previously, the idea of "Memorial Carvings" would mean they do indeed have a similar outlook on death as humans would. Going back to 2) for a moment: This doesn't necessarily mean the carvings go with the body. They could just be a place mark to remember what is lost (including the materials to create the matoran). I could see either option being canon (maybe even both), though there seems to be a bit more support for 1), looking at the previous comments.

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Hmm... I'll try to break this down into two possibilities. 1) The body is buried.2) The body is not buried.I'll start with 2).We know that the matoran were created as tools. Say I break a wrench. What would I do? First I'd try to fix it, maybe see if I could save any of the material for scrap work. This is the logic that might propose matoran are not buried. They have quite a bit of mechanical parts to them, and if I were a Great Being, if one of these "broke down" (aka died) then I might consider that possibility and create a system where the materials might be reused. We know matoran are created specially (they're full adults when created, and I've imaged they're made by a factory of sorts somewhere in Mata Nui's body for replacements). So, what if there's a sort of "laundry chute" or a "scrap yard" where Mata Nui's body could re-absorb the material and use them elsewhere? If I were a Great Being, that's the route I would take instead of just wasting the material to create a matoran. 'I'm not necessarily saying the matoran actually use this system, but I think it's an interesting thought to consider the possibility of one existing.1) matoran are buried.However, the Great Beings did not count on the sentience of Matoran. Seeing as how human they act (humanoid figure, moral debates, etc), I wouldn't say it would be crazy to think they buried their dead. As said previously, the idea of "Memorial Carvings" would mean they do indeed have a similar outlook on death as humans would. Going back to 2) for a moment: This doesn't necessarily mean the carvings go with the body. They could just be a place mark to remember what is lost (including the materials to create the matoran). I could see either option being canon (maybe even both), though there seems to be a bit more support for 1), looking at the previous comments.

i will admit i like the possibility of your second option. my only thing is that there would have to be a lot of chutes all through out the matoran universe and i just don't think it would be efficient. and safe. heck the dark hunters could just take somebody and throw them into the chute. although that could be a way of recycling.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

i will admit i like the possibility of your second option. my only thing is that there would have to be a lot of chutes all through out the matoran universe and i just don't think it would be efficient. and safe. heck the dark hunters could just take somebody and throw them into the chute. although that could be a way of recycling.

Hmm... Good point, though this is a universe where people shoot energy from their fingertips, travel to other dimensions and transform, so it doesn't necessarily have to be so generic in design.The chutes may not even be physical. We saw Botar transport prisoners to the pit by opening up a portal. Maybe it's a similar concept? There could be a sort of timing device in their bodies that, when it goes off, it transports the body away to a "scrap yard," or it could be another design entirely, like after the bodies are buried, the ground absorbs the body (assuming, of course, bodies are indeed buried)? Of course, I could be totally wrong on this. XP

Hmm... Good point, though this is a universe where people shoot energy from their fingertips, travel to other dimensions and transform, so it doesn't necessarily have to be so generic in design.The chutes may not even be physical. We saw Botar transport prisoners to the pit by opening up a portal. Maybe it's a similar concept? There could be a sort of timing device in their bodies that, when it goes off, it transports the body away to a "scrap yard," or it could be another design entirely, like after the bodies are buried, the ground absorbs the body (assuming, of course, bodies are indeed buried)? Of course, I could be totally wrong on this. XP
Every time someone died, all they had left was their Kanohi, so that probably doesn't transport.

aouROFb.png

Every time someone died, all they had left was their Kanohi, so that probably doesn't transport.

Ah, yes, I think it was mentioned earlier that kanohi could be easily re-used for living matoran (for example, where Jaller's mask broke when they first arrived on Mata Nui and Vakama replaced his old mask with Lhikan's).I think it would be possible for the Great Beings to take that into consideration? :shrug:After all, putting on a mask? Easy. Replacing your broken arm? Not so easy (or maybe it is seeing as how the Toa Mata did it. XP).Edit: Or it might be because a mask is detached from the user's main body. This would likely also mean that any armor the user is wearing would also be left behind.Support: Toa Tuyet found under the waters near Mahri Nui. All that remained was her armor and kanohi (if I remember correctly) as well as crystal fragments. I'm not sure how mechanical parts deteriorate over time, but I'd think there would be more than armor and a mask left over (even after so long). This might support the existence of a "scrap yard" where the rest of her body was transported. (Or gears are just bio-degradable and I'm completely wrong. XP). Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Gales

Lol, that sounds a little too far-fetched. I am pretty sure that they just die and unless someone buries them, the organic material decomposes while the mechanical parts are left behind. I guess the 'other' Toa Tuyet who died in the Pit can be an example.

evangelyne.jpg

Option 2 could easily be plausible, but both could happen. Over the years Matoran have grown more sentient, perhaps they originally recycled their dead, but now respect the bodies. Certainly while the Matoran were on Mata Nui, any bodies accumulated in that time, were probably not recycled.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Option 2 could easily be plausible, but both could happen. Over the years Matoran have grown more sentient, perhaps they originally recycled their dead, but now respect the bodies. Certainly while the Matoran were on Mata Nui, any bodies accumulated in that time, were probably not recycled.

Well, there weren't exactly a ton of Matoran deaths on Mata Nui, at least not ones we know of...And if the Matoran weren't buried, I imagine that the Bohrok would have cleaned them off the island, possibly using less than acceptable means, possibly recycling them...But while I am of the opinion that the MU is a closed circle of energy and matter (I mean, it is a robot that travels through space, should be self sustaining), that doesn't necessarily lend itself to Matoran not being buried. There is mention of protodermis being mined, and since Matoran mechanical parts are composed of protodermis, I am tempted to believe that parts made for them would come from said mines, not actual Matoran in existance. Dead Matoran would be decmposed in the ground into raw materials that would be mined up. This actually might be more efficient than using actual Matoran parts, seeing as the latter would have to be broken down (melted down, more likely as not) and then remade. And the Matoran have a respect for the dead; we don't see them bragging about like "I have Matoran X's chestpiece; he was a legendary crafter." or something weird like that. We see them constructing memorials instead, which would point to a burial. Further, we don't see Matoran crafters in Metru Nui working with Matoran parts, indicating that the parts are made elsewhere, closer to the mines.