Bionicle 2001 Poster

Tarix819

Hi,

I have recently come across a particular Bionicle poster originally released in 2001. Most of the people on here will have seen it before or perhaps even own it but my question is: How was it obtained? Did it come with a comic? Did it come packaged in a set from 2001 like some of the other posters? I would really like to know.

I did notice SuddenlyOranges (Creator of Reviving Bionicle) has a copy framed in his house so i'm guessing it's not super-rare but I could be wrong.

4329462.png

I am aware there is an alternate version with a blue Krana-Xa buried in the ground instead of the Miru, as well as a Turaga version featuring the 6 Turaga instead of the Toa but for this 2001 Toa Mata variant, I am not sure of the origin. If someone could let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

It wasn't a set pack-in in the US as far as I know, and it definitely wasn't a comic pack-in here either. My guess is it was given away in some promotion or another. There was a Toys R Us event where they gave out a poster and a copper Huna with any Bionicle purchase - I got a map of mata nui poster, but it's possible they had a selection. It could just as easily have been another promotion, though.

@Cheesy is it possible you are thinking of the poster that came with Quest for the Toa? I didn't get a poster w/ any of my Rahi, but I did buy them used so it could be the poster just wasn't included.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

It wasn't a set pack-in in the US as far as I know, and it definitely wasn't a comic pack-in here either. My guess is it was given away in some promotion or another. There was a Toys R Us event where they gave out a poster and a copper Huna with any Bionicle purchase - I got a map of mata nui poster, but it's possible they had a selection. It could just as easily have been another promotion, though.

@Cheesy is it possible you are thinking of the poster that came with Quest for the Toa? I didn't get a poster w/ any of my Rahi, but I did buy them used so it could be the poster just wasn't included.

I had a small poster that featured Tahu and Muaka, at least. I’m not entirely sure what it came with.

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

It came with sets in the EU, not sure about the US. I have several of these, but unfortunately most are a bit torn or worn.

:kakama:

Do you know exactly which sets it came in? From what I have seen the only item other than the pieces and instruction booklet that came with the 2001 Rahi was an advertisement slip, but no poster. The Toa came with their own posters as far as i'm aware, but not sure which set this individual poster would have come in.

It came with sets in the EU, not sure about the US. I have several of these, but unfortunately most are a bit torn or worn.

Do you know exactly which sets it came in? From what I have seen the only item other than the pieces and instruction booklet that came with the 2001 Rahi was an advertisement slip, but no poster. The Toa came with their own posters as far as i'm aware, but not sure which set this individual poster would have come in.

I honestly can't remember, I have the six Toa, six Turaga, six McToran and the Nui Jaga and the Tarakava sets from 2001 as well as a bunch of polybag mask packs. I know the Toa and Turaga had their own posters, so possibly the McToran or the polybags came with these posters. Not sure though, I just remember that they were packed in with sets, not acquired via some other promotion.

That said, It's possible that the cereal boxes which had the copper Huna also packed posters?

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

When I was on a trip to India in 2010, I found a store selling Tahu and Gali Mata. Obviously, I bought them. They were still at the original prices! I’m pretty sure they both came with posters like these, but I will double check and update this post with my findings. ;)

Edited by Daler99

~Daler

As far as I'm aware, we didn't get these posters in the UK... I've seen the image before, granted, but never owned it in poster form. I know, over here, that the Mata only came with posters of themselves individually... and I'm also fairly certain that Nui-Rama and Nui-Jaga didn't come with these either, since I bought both of them sealed. May have come with the larger Rahi sets, but I wouldn't know - I only got those used, so they didn't have any of the extras. Could it be that they were a regional thing?

I know Legoland Windsor held a big Bionicle event... late 2001, I guess it must have been? Mostly remember it because I got, like, two free TNGMs out of it... perhaps the posters were given away as part of something like that, too?

Edited by Darth Jaller

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Ok so, poking around bricklink it looks like these two (ish ?) posters were probably included in some run of some Bionicle product or another (based on the smaller size and the Universal and Gameboy logos on some of them). I got a poster like the Tahu + Muaka one with my copy of Quest for the Toa, though mine had a different back.

Edited by Peri

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Ok so, poking around bricklink it looks like these two (ish ?) posters were probably included in some run of some Bionicle product or another (based on the smaller size and the Universal and Gameboy logos on some of them). I got a poster like the Tahu + Muaka one with my copy of Quest for the Toa, though mine had a different back.

I did see this and there is also this poster: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?G=4329462#T=S&O={%22iconly%22:0}

Which is similar but doesn't have the mask chart on the back and unfortunately Bricklink doesn't let us know how they were released as far as i'm aware.

Perhaps those posters you mentioned were only released in France and the Netherlands? That still doesn't tell us how they were released and I still have no idea about the version I mentioned.

Edited by Tarix819