• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Toys 'R' Us Stores in Yet Another Region Closing Down

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 4,331 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 30 2018 - 07:47 PM

After Toys 'R' Us stores have been closed in the USA and UK, it looks like yet another company that operated stores bearing that name will be shut down. According to the Finnish news outlet Yle, Top-Toy has declared bankruptcy and will close most of its stores before the new year. The company owned the rights to the Toys 'R' Us brand in several Nordic countries and Germany as well as the BR toy store chain. The abruptness has shocked many, and is another nail in the coffin for toy retail chains.

View the full article

#2 Offline Pohaturon

Pohaturon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 11-March 07
  • 974 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 31 2018 - 09:16 AM

What a shame, I kept holding out hope that TRU would pull through in Europe. In terms of Lego, it's easy to buy just about everything here in Hungary but as I also collect Transformers, I find myself relying on ordering from abroad - which included my Brother living in Germany who had access to TRU stores there with decent stock. I'd support retail chains if there were any in Hungary worth supporting, but it looks like I'll be subsisting off of eBay exclusively for my TF purchases. For Lego there is always Bricklink and local stores.

:kakama: 

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

I write stories, which you can read at A Beach, Somewhere. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

#3 Offline Taria Pakari

Taria Pakari
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 16-September 09
  • 3,924 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 31 2018 - 09:41 AM

If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go build a fortress around my local Smyths to protect it from the same fate.

#4 Offline danny316p

danny316p
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Cranky Old Curmudgeon

• 09-April 13
  • 350 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jan 03 2019 - 11:34 PM

If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go build a fortress around my local Smyths to protect it from the same fate.

Won't it go out of business faster if people can't get in to buy things?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users