New member here

Thunderbee

Hello all! I recently joined BZ and a couple of Facebook groups to share this passion with other people. I couldn't fin a "new members section" on this forum, so I'm just posting this here. 

When I was a kid I remember going to McDonalds and having all the McToran, but I was never able to buy the 2001 sets. I briefly remember some 2002 sets, and then just the newer junk Bionicle was selling. I only like 2001 stuff, from Toa Nuva onwards they are trash for me. The simplicity, rawness and soul of 2001 was never archived again. And so, after years of forgetting Bionicles, once again I come back to fulfill my collection, almost starting from scratch (my old collection seems to have vanished). I recently bough all six Toas, an Exo-Toa and a sealed Nui-Rama box (planning on getting lots more of sealed staff). I'm barely starting, but I'm sure you will see lots from me. 

bmdoMkG.jpg

• Upvote 2

I feel where you're coming from so much, IMO they overcomplicated the story in 2004 with the genre shift. Where you getting these, bricklink? Bricklink is a solid place to start, aside from that, it seems now every year someone at Brickfair VA is selling classic bionicle for cheep (a guy I know was selling Boxor in box for $30)

bBhcfWO.png

I feel where you're coming from so much, IMO they overcomplicated the story in 2004 with the genre shift. Where you getting these, bricklink? Bricklink is a solid place to start, aside from that, it seems now every year someone at Brickfair VA is selling classic bionicle for cheep (a guy I know was selling Boxor in box for $30)

Sorry for a stupid question , but what is IMO?

Sorry for a stupid question , but what is IMO?

"In my opinion."

I got into BIONICLE in 2003. The years before have sort of been this weird pseudo-nostalgic thing for me. I was in elementary and middle school during G1's entire run, so while I understand the criticisms of its complicated story, it was an ideal form of escapism for me, and the complex storyline and worldbuilding helped.

Good luck with your collecting! Bricklink is the best place I know of for finding old stuff.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

To Sir Kohran:

I don't have a clue. I don't use them normally, and the letters sort of line up if you squint at them really, really hard.

If I'm honest.

That doesn't change anything, though, and I really should have looked it up, or said nothing at all. Again, I apologize.

:smilematoro: