Sbc Contest #1 Voting

Contest Voting  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Le PollSBC Contest #62: Imitation is the Sincerest Form MOCeryPOLL TIME. This is the round of official SBC Contest 1: Imitation is the Sincerest form of MOCery.Voting begins January 3rd and ends January 6th at 11:59 P.M. EST.The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread sometime.---------------------------------------------------------1. dsc04351.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Aevalus [Inspiration]2. 067.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Lego Sonic the Hedgehog [Inspiration]3. originalsinex1000.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Original Sine [Inspiration]4. 01.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Treebeard [Inspiration]5. battery_bot.png_thumb.jpg >>> Battery Bot [Inspiration]6. 01.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Tripod [Inspiration]7. sbc_contest.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> W.E.E.D. Type Computer Virus [Inspiration]8. 1-all.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Secret Service Dentists [Inspiration]9. csy01.png_thumb.jpg >>> Classic Space Yacht [Inspiration]10. gate.jpg >>> Torii Gate [Inspiration]

Edited by McSmeag
bring back "an cool dude"

Entry 3, as much as I do not care for the design or style, pulled off the theme of the contest (in my eye) the best; Inspiration. Both original and entry have a sense of congruent style, and winds up looking better in the process.Entry 5 is the best MOC, but I get no sense of influence from the original in the recreation.3 gets my vote

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I really like 3, 5, and 6. Six is an excellent MOC, but it seems to be lacking in something that Original Sine and Battery Bot have. Original Sine looks impressive, and I have bookmarked tons of duly impressive LEGO mechas along the lines of Original Sine, but the back seems to be unfinished and the legs look really strange.Battery Bot is excellent all around. Innovative part usage as well as superb flow make the MOC.(Eight, though, is hilarious, and nine is really great too.)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg