Happy 10th anniversary, Power Miners! :)

Lenny7092

Hi, guys!:) Ten years ago, there was this theme called Power Miners. It is like a reincarnation of another theme in the 1990s called Rock Raiders. The theme is about a group of heroic miners called the Power Miners going to stop a race of monsters called Rock Monsters from causing earthquakes in Lego City. They use green and orange vehicles to dig underground to find and fight the monsters. Along the way, they discovered crystals, which are the monsters’ source of power, as they give the monsters the ability to make something shake like an earthquake, which is how they are causing earthquakes in Lego City. The Miners have to collect the crystals to keep them away from the monsters as well. There are five kinds of monsters, and they are the red, orange, yellow, green, and blue. That’s winter wave in 2009.

In the summer wave part, the miners face against three new bigger monsters. They are two Hulk-sized ones that are hunchbacks. One of them is red while the other is yellow. The third monster is Rock Monsters’ mighty towering king called the Crystal King. This guy is the biggest and most powerful of the monsters. He is the main antagonist of the 2009 storyline. He was asleep for a long time, but the Miners accidentally awakened him, so he goes to fight the Miners. The Miners used one of their new vehicles to defeat the king, but they accidentally ended up in the volcanic part of the monsters’ home.

That’s where the 2010 storyline takes place, where the Miners use four new vehicles with blue secondary colors that shoot water to fight three new types of Rock Monsters, which are mutated to have new fire-based powers. They are called Lava Monsters. These three types are the red, orange, and yellow ones. Each of the two waves contained two sets. The summer wave has a new Lava Monster, which is an orange Hulk-sized hunchback called Eruptorr, who is like the Lava Monsters’ leader and the main antagonist of the 2010 storyline who seems to be less powerful than the Crystal King. The Miners defeated the Lava Monsters by cooling them with water from their vehicles to change them back into Rock Monsters, and then they convinced the monsters, both Rock and used to be Lava, to eat pieces of rock instead of crystals, so the world can no longer be harmed by them. Eruptorr has much greater endurance, though, but the Miners defeated him, anyway. The End of the entire theme. There isn’t much of this storyline, but alright.

Anyway, the winter part of the theme’s 2009 storyline is promoted through online animations. They are extremely funny, and the monsters look goofy. Lol.:D

When the summer 2009 part and the 2010 storyline happened, they don’t have much stuff in general, sadly.

There are some online games. They are just fun to play.

Now, for my opinion about the theme itself, well, I think it’s very cool. I love the new pieces, like the drill, the wheels, and the spike pieces from the Crystal King. The monsters are quite beautiful with their transparent colors and look cool with their rocky designs. I like their opening months, though I wish the Hulk-sized ones could have opening months as well. I love the crystal pieces, which are introduced in that theme, and it’s cool that you can put them onto the big monsters’ backs. I like the big guys the best. The miners’ vehicles will cool. They have neat earthy and lava vibe. I do like the mech set in 2009, the big drill vehicle and the shoveling set in winter 2009, the tower vehicle and the headquarters in summer 2009, and the summer 2010 sets the best.

Sadly, the theme was ended for no reason and got less quality, making it one of the victims in this decade. I wish the theme could have a direct-to-video movie or TV episodes to tell the story well. I mean, PM should have this kind of thing as I feel that it deserves any of these things.:(

Well, Power Miners may be gone, but it sure had a legacy that is passed on to other Lego themes, I tell you that.

Here’s how that goes:

1. The Lego Adventures of Clutch Powers - in the beginning, there is the setting and a couple of monsters

2. The drill and wheel pieces are frequently used in some themes, like Hero Factory, Bionicle, Ninjago, Ultra Agents, and Nexo Knights.

3. The spike pieces are frequently used in some themes, like Ninjago and Nexo Knights.

4. Lego Atlantis has one of the Power Miners named Brains working for the Atlantis team in the 2011 storyline.

5. The crystal pieces are used in many other themes, like Legends of Chima. It’s quite countless, I’m sure.

6. The Ninjago TV show has these monsters called the Craglings, which look like the Hulk-sizes monsters.

7. The Nexo Knighrs TV show has such a monster.

So, there you have it. What’s your opinion, how can you celebrate the 10th anniversary of the theme, and what are your fond memories of it?

Well, I sure hope that the theme could become one of Ninjago’s Sixteen Realms. I mean, there’s a lot of realms to be filled in, so yeah.

Edited by Lenny7092
  • Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)