Bionicle: Mask of Light Reanimated Collab!

FirespitterVakama

Hello everyone, I'm FirespitterVakama, I'm proud to announce that I'm starting my own reanimated collab project based off of the very first Bionicle film from the trilogy! I don't have much info now, however if you are curious about participating in this project, please DM me, whether it be on Reddit or Discord or whatever social media platform you can find me on. Of course, you won't get paid to animate one scene, however you do get the chance to have your own scene be featured in the full collab once when the deadline is due and everything is finished. I'm planning on uploading this reanimated collab on a seperate YouTube channel, and not my main one. Thank you for reading all of this, and I'm excited to see how this goes! - Sincerely, FirespitterVakama

• Upvote 1

Is this gonna be like Shrek Retold where it's basically all just one big ###### post? Because I can defs contribute if so.

Edited by Sir Keksalot
  • Upvote 1

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

Hm... as a traditional animator who's still in the process of teaching himself the craft, this definitely seems like something I'd like to be involved in; more practice on something that's different from my previous work, in particular. I can PM you a link to my existing animation pieces, if you want to check whether I meet the standards for this project ^^

A few more questions, if I may, before I commit:

- Which version of the character designs would be used? Movie-style, set-style, another style entirely?

- Do we get to chose the parts we want to work on, or will they be assigned randomly? I can think of at least a couple of scenes that I'd be most interested in trying a hand at, but I don't want to bite off more than I can handle.

- How close to the original animation do you want to stick? Are we going to be reproducing it exactly, or can we take more liberties with the action, as long as it still matches the audio?

Thanks, in advance, for your answers ^^

Edited by Darth Jaller
  • Upvote 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Hm... as a traditional animator who's still in the process of teaching himself the craft, this definitely seems like something I'd like to be involved in; more practice on something that's different from my previous work, in particular. I can PM you a link to my existing animation pieces, if you want to check whether I meet the standards for this project ^^

A few more questions, if I may, before I commit:

- Which version of the character designs would be used? Movie-style, set-style, another style entirely?

- Do we get to chose the parts we want to work on, or will they be assigned randomly? I can think of at least a couple of scenes that I'd be most interested in trying a hand at, but I don't want to bite off more than I can handle.

- How close to the original animation do you want to stick? Are we going to be reproducing it exactly, or can we take more liberties with the action, as long as it still matches the audio?

Thanks, in advance, for your answers ^^

1. Hmm... either the set designs or the movie ones would be fine, though I would prefer it to be the movie designs imo. Say if your making a stopmotion scene with the sets, then that would be a scene that would use the sets, as that would been a scene that would need to use the set designs specifically.

2. Yes, just let me know which part you want to animate by messaging me.

3. At least 68% of the scene has to resemble the environment and appearance of that specific scene. I'd also be completely fine if people added their own small little easter eggs within each one.

Edited by FirespitterVakama