Toy Fair 2019: ClicTime

teaser_TF18_ClicTime_2053.JPG

ClicTime continues to make officially-licensed LEGO-themed clocks and watches. Their newest offerings celebrate 20 years of LEGO Star Wars, but they have plenty of other recent additions to their catalog, including items based on Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part. While they did have a few items in the booth that we could not photograph, we were able to get you photos of the booth and most of their current line - read on for more!

View the full article

I've always wanted one of those bigfig alarm clocks. They look fun (until I get fed up with them waking me up, that is!).

Wonder what some G2 clocks would look like. We did have some in G1, but just like those were in a common format for LEGO clocks back then, these are the format now, and they're a very minifig-centric one at that, so it'd have been interesting to see them stretch the format for CCBS.

I'm Vrokdann in Skyrise: Ascent, and Luntep in the BZPRPG.

[sigfig in tunnel]

My profile pic's a cool little thing I made called Bettani. That thing up there's just a me inside a tunnel.

• 3 weeks later...

Weren't the G1 alarm clocks made by a different manufacturer? It's hard to keep track of who LEGO licenses things out to.

ClicTime's website for their LEGO branded watches and clocks refers to them as the LEGO licensee for 18 years, so it's safe to say that they were in charge of producing the LEGO branded alarm clocks and watches at that time — though it's possible that at that time, LEGO's tendency to try and manage so many aspects of their brand extensions like video games and LEGOLAND parks in-house might have meant they were kept under a tighter leash.

I've always wanted one of those bigfig alarm clocks. They look fun (until I get fed up with them waking me up, that is!).

Wonder what some G2 clocks would look like. We did have some in G1, but just like those were in a common format for LEGO clocks back then, these are the format now, and they're a very minifig-centric one at that, so it'd have been interesting to see them stretch the format for CCBS.

I suspect that any Bionicle G2 branded alarm clocks might have been in the shape of Bionicle masks and/or heads, which are probably the only element of either generation of Bionicle that's as iconic and standardized as bricks, minifigures, or mini-dolls are in System themes.

Anyway, these and clocks and watches are as cool as ever, but not much about them stands out to me as unusually groundbreaking. Of those shown, I could possibly see myself getting the Unikitty watch. Otherwise, though, none are really calling my name.

I still kind of regret not getting the Nya watch from the LEGO Ninjago Hands of Time series, and hope that she is featured in future ClicTime products, since that version of Nya remains one of my favorite minifigure designs of all time, and Nya herself remains my favorite Ninjago character from Season 5 onward. But i'm sure that if another watch never gets released that appeals to me as much, I will still be able to find that one at a reasonable price online, or just continue my current habit of not wearing a watch. :P

• Upvote 2