• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

MaskOfDestiny is broken!

maskofdestiny Bionicle Lego Website Broken

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Offline TheZOMBIEJ

TheZOMBIEJ
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 03-February 14
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 23 2019 - 12:05 PM

okay so i don't know where else to put this topic so lets go! 

for a good year to a year and a half i have been trying to access the Collection Archive function on MaskOfDestiny.com and every time i click on it i just get this; 

Server Error
500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

what gives? 

i think this is total bull! can anyone help me? cuz i can't figure this out for the life ov me! 

grr! 

#2 Offline ToaTimeLord Requiem

ToaTimeLord Requiem
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 20-January 16
  • 3,840 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 23 2019 - 01:13 PM

Press F to pay respect.

F

Edited by ToaTimeLord Requiem, Feb 23 2019 - 01:13 PM.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.c...le/toatimelord/

https://discord.gg/7P96Gf
Join the Gang.

#3 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Phenax, sucks to be you

• 21-June 08
  • 2,427 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 23 2019 - 01:20 PM

F to pay respects more like S to spit on amirite guys?

Posted Image

#4 Offline Taria Pakari

Taria Pakari
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 16-September 09
  • 3,933 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 23 2019 - 03:44 PM

Why would you ask for help accessing part of a completely different site on here???

B4dQI4x.png

#5 Offline TheZOMBIEJ

TheZOMBIEJ
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 03-February 14
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 23 2019 - 06:21 PM

Why would you ask for help accessing part of a completely different site on here???

it's just been annoying to me that this kind ov thing happens!

also it's not too different from BZP nor too similar! i've been following both sites since i came across them during Bionicle G1's run! i like both sites! but this "server error" is a real kick in the nuts! so there! -_- 

#6 Offline danny316p

danny316p
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Cranky Old Curmudgeon

• 09-April 13
  • 357 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Mar 03 2019 - 08:06 PM

In general, we all need to do a better job of preserving our own history. I don't know what's up with this specific case.

#7 Offline Pohaturon

Pohaturon
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 11-March 07
  • 988 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2019 - 05:24 AM

I'm more surprised Mask of Destiny still exists, which is honestly impressive. 

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

I write stories, which you can read at A Beach, Somewhere. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

#8 Offline Peri

Peri
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 29-November 06
  • 1,443 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2019 - 12:04 PM

The Mask of Destiny news archives are preserved on the biomedia project servers; theyre not currently accessible but that will not be the case forever. Sorry i can't give you more right now!

#9 Offline Imatron

Imatron
  • Members
  • Toa

• 14-January 04
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 14 2019 - 10:17 PM

for a good year to a year and a half i have been trying to access the Collection Archive function on MaskOfDestiny.com and every time i click on it i just get this; 

Server Error
500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

what gives? 

i think this is total bull! can anyone help me? cuz i can't figure this out for the life ov me! 

grr! 

Sorry about the delay responding, it never occurred to me to check the forums of a completely different website for a query about our own.

Were you looking for anything in particular, or did you just want to browse around the collection archive? Last I checked I could still access everything from my control panel. If you only need a few specific things I can try and grab them for you.

#10 Offline TheZOMBIEJ

TheZOMBIEJ
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 03-February 14
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 15 2019 - 07:38 AM

Server Error

what gives? 

grr! 

Sorry about the delay responding, it never occurred to me to check the forums of a completely different website for a query about our own.

Were you looking for anything in particular, or did you just want to browse around the collection archive? Last I checked I could still access everything from my control panel. If you only need a few specific things I can try and grab them for you.

just to browse around and look at everything when i feel like it! i would appreciate if all ov those images were in a zip file to download! can you do that? otherwise i'm screwed! lol 

#11 Offline Imatron

Imatron
  • Members
  • Toa

• 14-January 04
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 15 2019 - 10:20 PM

I could be wrong but I seem to think the collection archive data is backed up in some form on Biomedia, Ill check with them and get back to you.

#12 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Master of Disintegration Unchained

• 07-October 07
  • 5,309 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 15 2019 - 11:28 PM

I do respect that site for still existing. i love how their "Recent Images" are still the 2010 Hero Factory sets.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama
‚Äč
nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

#13 Offline Imatron

Imatron
  • Members
  • Toa

• 14-January 04
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 17 2019 - 06:50 PM

The good news is Biomedia does have the archive, the bad news is its not set up or ready for the public yet, but it will eventually be. No word back yet from our site's webmaster on the internal errors. I believe the problem happened after MaskOfDestiny and our sister site Rebelscum.com got moved to a new server by the webmaster.

I do respect that site for still existing. i love how their "Recent Images" are still the 2010 Hero Factory sets.

I think thats been broken since some time before Hero Factory 2.0. That feed technically doesn't show the most recent images uploaded to the site. Its actually tied to a manual refresh that looks for images attached to recent "items" in our archive's cross reference system. Otherwise it would always be populated uncontrollably with Star Wars images from Rebelscum.com, who uses the same file server.

I've gone through quite a bit of frustration over the years trying to figure out if I've just forgotten some obscure step in the process, but something just isn't operating correctly. If I could, I'd have the G2 Toa on there right now, or tie it in to show the most recent pictures relating to the retro news.

Edited by Imatron, Mar 17 2019 - 06:50 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users