Lego Star Wars Topic

Jowm

This is the topic to discuss Lego Star Wars theme. I think the way the present their Star Wars stories is interesting, the comedic slapstick-comedy style works well, despite that fact that the actual Star Wars movies and books are more of an adventure or action(or soemthing like that :P) themed. I also want to see the Padawan Menace, which apears as if it too will be a very amusing tale told by lego, has anyone seen it that has anything to say about it?

Edited by Jowm

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5700 - My new epic revealing the life of the interesting character we all wish we could have known better before he left us, Karzahni.

I've seen "The Padawan Menace', and it's pretty good, has some funny moments, but I personally prefer the 5-minute animations on their website like "Bombad Bounty' or "Quest for R2-D2". I also really like the Clone Wars comics and follow the blog.

Edited by Ehlekdude

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

Yes, that's what I meant, sorry. Ok, that's interesting, why would you perfer the online animations? Was it jsut so long that it had too much plot to be as funny as the online animations? I, too, am a fan of the Clone Wars, I don't follow the blog, but I've seen all the episodes from seasons 1, 2, and 3. They're pretty awesome.

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5700 - My new epic revealing the life of the interesting character we all wish we could have known better before he left us, Karzahni.

They always bring laughs, :P. The comics are interesting too, and rather comedic as well :P. I think it would be a god idea for them to adopt the comics idea for the DC superheroes as well, with maybe some slight modifications.

I saw it at walmart, but that was like a month and a half ago, they could easily have sold them all by now. I just watched the padawan menace on my computer a little while ago, it was very funny, i enjoyed it alot.

Battle packs are $13 like usual. Unless you're not from the US, and if you're not, then yeah, they're probably much more expensive...You can get the rest of the prices here.The sets are pretty expensive, but I guess we're kinda getting used to that. I'm gonna try to pick them up during a sale or something. 1001010 BC 010010101

...I'm gonna try to pick them up during a sale or something. 1001010 BC 010010101

Hah, Lego Star Wars on sale. That'll be the day.In any case, the $13 for a Battle Pack was only at Toys R Us, right? It's new for it to be the official price.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

...I'm gonna try to pick them up during a sale or something. 1001010 BC 010010101

Hah, Lego Star Wars on sale. That'll be the day.In any case, the $13 for a Battle Pack was only at Toys R Us, right? It's new for it to be the official price.
It could happen... Eventually...The last two battle packs were $13, the two before that were $12, and before that, $10. Now they're $15 at TRU, but don't get me started about that.100100101 BC 01000101

Where I live battle packs are like 20$, so 13$ seems cheap to me.That ARC Trooper/Commando Droid battle pack looks the best to me.Finally Lego comes around to releasing Commando Droids.

I agree, I am very satisfied with how much the STAR WARS minifigures have improved over the last years. Finally, printed legs and helmets and lots of new molds for headpieces and headgear. The ARF trooper helmet which was already released last year is a beauty in my opinion. The only way the minifigures could still improve would be printed arms and actual slits for trooper helmets. The cloth waistcape and kama from #9488 are an agreeable surprise, too, but I have seen custom kamas and waistcapes which were considerably better.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Yeah, the ARF Trooper helmet is probably the nicest helmet there is. And although I like the cloth pauldron on the new ARC Trooper a lot, it does not seem like a great representation of the real one, as it drops down over the arms too much. The kama, however, is, I think, a good representation and looks great.

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

Hah, Lego Star Wars on sale. That'll be the day. In any case, the $13 for a Battle Pack was only at Toys R Us, right? It's new for it to be the official price.
The last two battle packs were $13, the two before that were $12, and before that, $10. Now they're $15 at TRU, but don't get me started about that. 100100101 BC 01000101
Really? Oh wow. I've been out of the US for a couple years so I never knew. Just assumed they were more expensive here since Star Wars Lego costs an arm and a leg more in general.

I am not extremely learned in Star Wars Republic military wear, what, exactly, is a Kama?

It's the half-skirt that ARC Troopers wear.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

This is the topic to discuss Lego Star Wars theme. I think the way the present their Star Wars stories is interesting, the comedic slapstick-comedy style works well, despite that fact that the actual Star Wars movies and books are more of an adventure or action(or soemthing like that :P) themed. I also want to see the Padawan Menace, which apears as if it too will be a very amusing tale told by lego, has anyone seen it that has anything to say about it?

I want to see Padawan Menace too! I also want that exclusive minifg XD

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about some expanded universe sets I'd like to see. I came up with eight.Z-95 Headhunter with Battle HydraCorran Horn (Keiran Halcyon disguise), Luke Skywalker (Brown Jedi robe), Exar Kun (Spirit)Storm (Miy'til starfighter)Prince Isolder, Luke Skywalker, (Black Jedi robe), R2-D2, Isolder's R2-series astromech droidSwarm-Class Battle Droid with Entechment tableLuke Skywalker (Black Jedi robe), Ssi-ruuScimitar assault bomberPrincess Leia, Chewbacca, C-3PO, Khabarakh, Imperial Pilot,GAT-12 Skipray BlastboatLuke Skywalker (Black Jedi robe), Mara Jade (Smuggler), R2-D2, Stormtrooper (2)Sun CrusherHan Solo, Chewbacca, Kyp Durron, Qwi XuxIG-2000IG-88C, IG-88DMist HunterZuckuss, 4-LOM

That is all

I just picked these sets because they are mostly featured in the classic New Republic era novels of the 90s. The head hunter and is probably one of the more well known expanded universe ships well the sun crusher an impotent part of the Jedi Academy trilogy.I tried to think realistically, well i would like to see a Tarkan or Yuuzhang Vong stuff the size and dynamics of the crafts would be challenging in a lego medium.I also wanted ways to get minifures everyone wants. What better place to find IG-88s then in there ship? And the Mist Hunter would be the ideal first aperence of Zuckuss and 4-LOM.Mostly These sets would be ways to get caractors like Mara Jade, Kyp Durran, Corran Horn, and Exar Kun and still get the most famous fighters from the era.

That is all

Those would be awesome, some of those I don't really know what they are, I'm not a star wars fanatic as much as a Bionicle one :P. But I know what some of those are, and it would be cool to have an Exar Kun, spirit and living. I also want Boba Fett's other ships, the Slaves 2, 3, and 4(Boba is my fav Star Wars character so I'm interested in stuff with him :P).

I also want to note that my choices are from these specific books:I, Jedi (Kevin J. Anderson),The Courtship of Princess Leia (Dave Wolverton)The Truce at Bakura (Kathy Tyers)Dark Force Rising (Timothy Zahn)Hair to the Empire (Timothy Zahn)Jedi Search (Kevin J. Anderson)Therefor I Am: The Tale of IG-88 (Kevin J. Anderson)Of Possible Futures: The Tale of Zuckuss and 4-LOM (M. Shayne Bell)I wanted to base the sets off actual events just like the real sets do.

That is all

Same here as far as being a mando fan, they were pretty epic, characters like Mandalore the Indomitable and Mandalore the Ultimate would be sweet.I hope they do go into making sets from all the backstory and such as well, rather than simply making the same sets repeatedly, the TOR sets are a good sign for that, maybe we'll see more of that kinda stuff coming out in the future.

Edited by Jowm