Onua Nuva

"I believe I've done what I had to do. I've taken the first step toward the future. No one ever said the trip would be an easy one."

46704014544_8f56dab9fc_b.jpg

Gallery

Built as part of a BioniLUG collaboration - a different person made a MOC of each of the Toa Nuva. As soon as the idea was brought up, I knew I wanted to be the one to make Onua, since he's my favorite of the Mata/Nuva.

I actually built this guy a while ago - if you've seen BZPower at a convention in the past year, you may have seen this guy hanging out with the rest of his team - but I only just got the chance to take some good photos, as he's been in Black Six's care since shortly after I built him up until very recently. He'll be returning to the convention circuit very soon.

• Upvote 3

sigbanner.gif

This looks amazing, I am absolutely in love with this style.

I don't suppose you could show how the body was built?

Stories I wrote

Parts of a Whole Series: An Alternate Ending

Part 1: Fight for Freedom                        Wisps of Memory

Part 2: Army of One (In Progress)

Short Stories:
The Great Takara          
Tale of the Toa Stones          Masks

This looks amazing, I am absolutely in love with this style.

I don't suppose you could show how the body was built?

Thank you!

Unfortunately, as of this past weekend, this MOC is back with Black Six, traveling the convention circuit - so I can't take any interior photos of the torso build right now.

The main structure of the body is two of these, with the neck connected to one ball joint, and the waist connected at the other. The rest is mostly just filling out gaps and shaping the torso using small Technic bits.

I know it's a ways off, but at BrickFair VA in August I can try to take some photos showing off the body construction. That's the soonest that I'll have it in-hand again.

Edited by TuragaNuva

sigbanner.gif

Having my Onua Nuva at eye distance right now, I'm impressed. The set's shape is very nicely interpreted here, while also giving it some of that ever-needed personality.

Onua's just the best, isn't he?

I'm Vrokdann in Skyrise: Ascent, and Luntep in the BZPRPG.

[sigfig in tunnel]

My profile pic's a cool little thing I made called Bettani. That thing up there's just a me inside a tunnel.