LEGO Announces a Second Series of Disney Collectible Minifigs

71024_Disney_Collectible_Minifigures_tea

Today LEGO is revealing the next series of collectible minifigures! They are revisiting 2016's Disney series with a second series of eighteen minifigures based on popular Disney franchises ranging from Hercules to The Nightmare Before Christmas. Releasing on May 1st for $3.99 each, these are sure to be highly sought after by Disney and LEGO fans alike. To check out each of the minifigures and learn more, read on!

View the full article

Well, makes my custom Anna print design I made obsolete. Not interested in any of these outside Anna and Elsa, and hoping if there is a third wave it will include Rapunzel and Flynn. The two from Nightmare Before Christmas look fantastic, though.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

Hm, certainly an odd batch. Some of them have some very simplistic prints which is a bit disappointing, although the Jack and Sally combo are incredibly detailed, and the medium length legs used on Chip and Dale are appealing. I'll want a couple of these for sure, but still a lot that I don't want. Hopefully we'll get a standard, non licensed wave in the late summer / fall and not like Lego Batman III.

:music:

I might start buying these again. I haven't gotten any since The LEGO Ninjago movie. These grab my attention, though. I think Jafar is my favorite.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

They really should figure out the whole situation with the 3 stud length legs because that is such a missed opportunity with Jack Skellington.

To be honest... I don't mind. Minifigure height by and large is distorted from "real" proportions, and using the taller legs opens up a wide variety of issues that make the figures harder to use in displays than typical figures (for example, preventing figures from sitting in normal chairs or fitting through typical door frames). In general I think those were an experiment that didn't really prove their worth, and am grateful that figures like the new Toy Story figs have moved away from them and back toward standard length legs for even fairly lanky characters.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother