Pharaoh's Breastplate - Brick Badge Contest Entry

47407145042_dae822809e_c.jpg

47407144932_d3b7a61196_c.jpg

Inspired by one of the treasures of King Tutenkhamen , I wanted to create a name badge which was unique and celebrated my Egyptian heritage and culture.

Having built several Egyptian-themed MOCs over the years (and being the only Egyptian MOCist - as far as I'm aware) I wanted my name badge to be unmistakably Pharaonic, embellished with gold and bright translucent colors aplenty. I took massive inspiration from this photo, with no intention to replicate the design fully. 

Having never attended a convention, I used the red 1x8 smooth plate as a stand-in for a badge. Hope this is alright, rules-wise!

Hope you guys enjoy this quick build, which was whipped up over the course of Sunday afternoon.

Stay tuned for more #content coming soon!

:tohu:

Edited by Mohamed Marei
  • Upvote 3

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

The whole thing looks amazing, and I espcially like how the skull spider is used as what looks like a scarab beetle.

Appreciated! I quite like how it turned out myself, especially with the colour balancing. I received several remarks about the scarab, so I'm glad it was relatively easily conveyed

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)