Skyrise: Ascent - IC Topic

Nato G

IC: Tekmo (Tesara Marketplace)

Tekmo sighs wearily. "I suppose I should..." He lowers Akkitu down so his feet are touching the ground again, and lets go of the shell, letting him keep it. For now, anyway.

He descends back down just in front of him as the jetpack's thrusters slowly fade into silence. "Please, elaborate on your 'idea'."

IC: Zeiral - Tesara Marketplace

"Okay Then?" Zeiral said to himself quietly.

Despite technically having his question answered the following display certainly didn't serve to strengthen the explanation. Not wanting to get involved with the conversation over the rocket shell he starts making his way towards any market stalls which might've re-opened.

OOC: Zeiral is open to interaction at the Tesara Market.

kkfy3Fr.png

Not much here yet to be honest, maybe later.

IC: Taurek - Confrontation with Tacitus

The stones on Tacitus really amazed me, even when I took into consideration the things I'd already heard about him. Not only was he, fresh out of a terrorist attack, questioning civilians about things that they may not even know anything about, he was also, judging by his tone and his methods I'd already heard about, about to threaten me if I didn't speak up.

I'd be lying if I wasn't at least a little bit afraid of him. He was the antithesis of me, at least I thought so. I was rough on people sometimes, but this guy took rough to a brand new universe. But my pride outweighed my fear, by quite a karzing lot. 

"With all due respect, which is none, by the way, you're not a guard. I'm not obligated, morally or otherwise to give you any info on anything or anyone that I just encountered here." I stared him down.

IC: Viann - Something to do finally

Viann lit up as soon as Coyle's orders were given. She gave a strange, quick salute to her mechanic before hopping into Helix

"That's my call, gotta shoot! Nice meeting ya, Wrench!" Viann called, her targeting device folding over her eye.

IC - Ikilwa - New Atero:

Before Ikilwa was able to offer his own name in return, his eyes were drawn upwards. The airship that had been floating calmly now seemed much less calm, and even from the ground quite a bit of movement was noticeable around it. As Temujin spoke up, Ikilwa nodded. "Nothing good," he rumbled in reply. He forced his eyes back down, and started walking again, a hand on Temujin's back making sure he would continue as well. "Name's Ikilwa."

He fell silent again for a few steps, before speaking up once more. "We should check that out after we deliver your news."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Mirror - Tesara Guardhouse

Mirror perked up on hearing the Vortixx speak and slowly approached the bars. "Tesara was attacked by three machines," he explained coldly. "Our Captain of the Guard suspects you were the target. Do you have any idea why?"

IC: Eoron - Indomitable (New Atero Skies)

Eoron was moving back toward his ship when the announcement was broadcast. He paused to hear the orders, then continued moving on as resolutely as before. Other matters would have to wait; he was going to the staging grounds.

"I expect that Rahi to be gone or with a permit when I next see you!" he shouted to Rakin over the Gavel's engines as it was released out into the open sky.

IC: Garuda - Tesara Outskirts

The mood was subdued in the little Zesk gathering. Garuda had told her story and now relaxed with Zeke in the shade of her ship, watching as more of her friends started to share her ease and come out of hiding.

GM IC: Silvana - Tesara Guardhouse. 

"That would probably have something to do with the fact that I ran up to her and told her I was being followed." The Vortixx's lips curled into a wry smile, "The attackers were machines, you say?"

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Temujin - New Atero streets:

The Iron Glatorian needed no persuading to keep moving, if anything, he picked up the pace a touch, as he contemplated both his companion's words and the situation at hand. "Ikilwa. Good name. Suits you, I think." He laughed once more, "Then again I hardly know you, so perhaps it doesn't suit you at all!" He shook his head with mirth as they continued toward the center spire where His Eminent Spikiness Hakzann took residence. A man with moxie, that one, and Temujin admired a man with moxie.

"As for all of that noise," he said vaguely gesturing to the busy skies, "I can't help but wonder if that and my own business here aren't related in some way. I daresay today is going to be quite an exciting one!" And yet again came that booming laugh of his.

IC: Tacitus - Tesara

"You seem to be under the impression you have a choice here." Tacitus said, closing the gap between him and Taurek in just a few steps. Tacitus was tall, even for an Elite Skrall, and his musculature was in no way lacking either, making for an all around towering figure. Though his eyes were not visible throught the thin slits on his helmet, Taurek could no doubt feel the cold, piercing eyes of the Skrall meeting his defiant stare.

"Now, do I need to repeat myself?

IC: Porangi - New Atero Landing Zone

The remarkable rusted brick of a flying machine called the Clanka-Clunk sank further down in the air as Porangi approached New Atero, his singular hand frantically moving from one control to another in a desperate attempt to safely land his ship. Ever so often his hand hovered over to the glider wing deployment switch, as if anticipating the need to use it at any moment.

Eventually, and quite surprisingly, really, the Clanka-Clunk made a safe landing in a more secluded part of the New Atero Landing Zone, and with one deft motion he exited the vehicle, lovingly patting its hull before wrenching open the compartment storing Barlow's head.

Quite eagerly, Porangi began his journey into the settlement, keeping both eyes out for any official personnel to turn in the alleged bounty on this guy's head... or whatever it was that strange fellow in the ruins had said. He made an effort not to think about the last time he came here, and hoped dearly no one here remembered it.

IC: Matilda - What A Start

Matilda was not having a grand day.

She was coming back from a large delivery, one begrudgingly accepted by a surly man who kept accusing her of breaking his items. She was tired on the flight back, which never put her in a good mood, and then she had arrived home to see something definitely wasn't right.

Garuda, she thought immediately, swerving to swoop low near her home. She couldn't see Garuda's vehicle, but there was one other place she went for safety, out to the Wastes. She flew down as fast as her ship would carry her, and to her immense relief, she saw the little aircraft parked below. Matilda landed, and the moment her engine was off, she jumped from the Trash of the Desert.

"Garuda," she said quickly, before issuing a brief grunt of greeting to the other Zesk. She turned back to Garuda, eyes wide. "What happened up there? Are you all right?!"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

GM IC: Angry Skrall - Residential District, New Atero. 

Those flying down to follow Coyle's orders, and even those on the ground nearby in the city itself, would quickly become aware of a growing commotion in the residential district. A sizeable group of armed Skrall had gathered in the street, with a small group of bound beings on their knees between them, blades held to their backs or throats. In a move that probably wouldn't much surprise anyone with a passing familiarity with recent history, the ringleaders of the group appeared to be Branar, Stronius, and Tuma. 

A large group of New Atero guardsmen, led by Hakkzan himself, had blocked the other end of the street, and the two groups were currently in the midst of exchanging shouts, insults, and threats. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Mirror only answered the smile with a deeper scowl. "Three Toa-like robots, armed with some kind of rocket launchers. I've heard the word 'Maxilos' going around. Were they or were they not after you?"

IC: Garuda -Tesara Outskirts

"Tilly!" Garuda hopped up, startling Zeke, and ran to give her adoptive sister a hug. "There were these huge robots and they started shooting rockets all over the Marketplace! I ran off and hid, and then I came down here to tell everyone..." she trailed off, and as she looked up there were tears in her eyes. "It was scary..."

"All I saw were big guys in cloaks following me around the marketplace. If you say they were Maxilos robots, I'll take your word for it." 

IC: Taurek - Standing up to Tacitus

"Get out of my way, Butcher." I narrowed my eyes, my hand fingering the trigger of my weapon. I wasn't usually for vigilante justice, but I was willing to bust Tactitus' jaw if he continued trying to threaten and interrogate me.

IC: Viann - Touching down

Viann touched down a street away from Hakkzan's forces, parking Helix, neatly, before making her way towards the crowd of guardsmen.

Edited by Triple D

"So they were after you. Why?"

IC: Eoron - New Atero Residential District

Eoron parked the Gavel as near to the commotion he had flown over as possible, though the influx of other guards vehicles didn't make it very near. Still, he found himself among the guards soon enough, trying to work his way past the common soldiers.

IC: Tacitus - Tesara

"I might. But first, answer my questions." Tacitus made no move to reach for his weapon.

-

IC: Porangi - New Atero

Porangi was making his way through the streets, Barlow's head under his one arm, when he noticed the commotion brewing in the residential district. Curious, he began to make his way there.

"Without going into incriminating specifics, let's just say that I've made a lot of enemies in my line of work."

IC: Matilda - Zesk Party

Matilda not only accepted the hug, but also scooped Garuda up into her arms and picked her up. "You did the right thing. They didn't hurt you, did they? The robots?"

~

IC: Armani - Apparently It's A Bad Idea To Suplex Tuma But The Temptation Is Very Present In This Scene

Armani, amongst Hakkzan's guardsmen, was doing her best to dissuade the insults and threats being flung from their side. This was a mighty task even for her, with tempers being sparked the moment they were cooled. She decided that perhaps a more proactive course of action was necessary, and so she made her way to Hakkzan.

She said, "Your Spikiness, perhaps we should ask them what they want? I doubt we will make any progress as things are, and surely they must want something, if they are going to threaten the lives of citizens like this."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

GM IC: His Spikiness - Residential District, New Atero.

"Oh, I know what they want." Hakkzan grumbled, his expression full of guilt. "And I have no intention of giving it to them." 

IC: Armani - They Probably Want A Date

"Is it a private matter?" Armani asked. "Perhaps I can talk with them. I... used to be in Tuma's army, after all. Posing as an Elite, and as a man, of course, but I am sure he has moved with the times and no longer holds those outdated Skrall biases, and will have a civil conversation on the matter."

She did not mention that this was more wishful thinking than anything else, and that she doubted Tuma would be anything close to civil with her. But, there would be nothing gained from negative thinking, and she was willing to give Tuma the benefit of the doubt. Despite the hostages. This could all very well be performance art.

IC: Porangi - New Atero, Skrall Situation

Porangi noticed a large gathering of guards as he approached the commotion. He gulped, almost comically, then did his best to suppress his feelings of guilt and fear of being recognised, before approaching the guards. After all, he had a job to do.

"Er... excuse me, guards? I believe I have a rather substantial lead as to the whereabouts of a... what was his name? Barton?"

GM IC: His Spikiness - Residential District, New Atero.

"Well, it's not exactly a private matter anymore," Hakkzan muttered, "Tuma's made it very public, which I'm sure was his intention." He wrung his hands, casting his gaze skywards, "I don't think he's in the mood for a civil conversation at this point, but you're welcome to try..." he half-turned to give Armani a pointed stare, "...provided that you can set aside your own bias." 
_____________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: New Atero Guards - Residential District, New Atero.

In spite of situations of civil strife like this one, the city of New Atero did its best to be accommodating and accepting towards beings of all kinds. The city's guards were well-acquainted with most kinds of sentient creatures, and did their utmost not to come across as intolerant, discriminatory, or racist... but the sight of a zyglak approaching an already-tense standoff in a public street with a severed head tucked under his arm was too much, even for them.

"Put the head down!" An assortment of weapons swung towards Porangi, as shrill screams of horror and panic rang out from among the civilian onlookers nearby, "Then get down on the ground and put your hands behind your head."

Edited by Nato the Traveler

At that moment, Porangi could feel every fiber in his body screaming for him to run. Get out of there. Burning bridges be darned, it was a matter of survival!

But Porangi refused. He'd had enough of running. Of getting in trouble and running away from it, never to find a place to belong. Never to find a home. So for the first time for as long as Porangi could remember, he didn't run. Calmly he knelt down to gently place the head on the ground, then laid down with his hand behind his head.

IC: Armani - Residential District, New Atero

Armani met the pointed stare with a bright smile. "Not to worry, Your Spikiness! Given the aforementioned times changing, I am very happy to set aside any personal opinions I have on Tuma or his particular style of leadership."

Thankfully, she thought to herself, her plans to overthrow Tuma had come to be moot when Mata Nui defeated the other Leader in combat. She was fairly sure Tuma would have no way of knowing about those plans.

She took a step forward, out of the guard line, and gave a cheery wave to the angry Skrall. One would think, to address them, she would need some kind of megaphone. One would be incorrect in this case.

"GREETINGS!" she boomed. "IT IS GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN, TUMA! AND HELLO TO YOU TOO, STRONIUS, BRANAR! WHAT BRINGS YOU HERE, HOLDING THESE CITIZENS AS HOSTAGES? SURELY, WE CAN SETTLE THIS WITHOUT SUCH TACTICS."

GM IC: Confused Guards - Residential District, New Atero.

"How do we handcuff a guy with one arm?" One of the guards asked, appearing hesitant to approach the zyglak. 

"Whose head is that?" Another demanded, ignoring the other's question. "And where the rest of him?"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Angry Skrall - Residential District, New Atero.

"What brings us here?" Branar scoffed, "We live here. That's my house, right there." He jabs a finger towards one of the nearby buildings. Sure enough, many of the houses along this stretch of street bore banners or engravings of the Valley of the Maze symbol that the Skrall often had on their shields. 

"These aren't citizens, they're spies." Tuma, too, took a step forward beyond the lines of his group, "They keep denying it, but they're all guardsmen. Guardsmen out of uniform, without identification, who were all caught sneaking into homes on this street. Our homes. My home. I'm sure there's a few who we didn't catch who went scurrying straight back to their masters." He raised his sword, pointing it accusingly towards Hakkzan.

The fact that Hakkzan was actively staring at the ground at that moment, deliberately avoiding the questioning gazes of those nearby, only served to lend credence to the Skrall leader's words. 

Edited by Nato the Traveler

"Well, I do apologise, I'm not awfully good with names, I think it was... Baron? No, maybe it was Rumlow. Actually, I think his name began with a B. I would have brought the whole body, but I'm not exactly running a cargo liner, so I had to compromise a bit."

Edited by Onaku

GM IC: Very Confused Guards - Residential District, New Atero.

"What are you talking about?" The guards seemed more baffled than hostile now, "Bring what body?"

IC: Armani - Oh

Armani was about to politely explain to Branar the difference between being somewhere, as one would be at a market, and being somewhere with hostages, when Tuma spoke. A brief glance backwards told her all she needed to know.

This wasn't good at all. She would be speaking with Hakkzan after this, but for now, she had to defuse this situation. She recognised the guards, so Tuma wasn't lying about that part. Spying was serious. It ruined the reputation of the Guard, of their higher ups... It made people feel unsafe and nervous.

"THIS IS CONCERNING NEWS, TUMA." She frowned; it really was concerning. "AND REST ASSURED, I WILL BE INVESTIGATING THIS MATTER PERSONALLY. NO CITIZEN SHOULD EVER BE MADE TO FEEL UNSAFE IN NEW ATERO."

She started to walk over- not with any speed, simply to close the distance. Once she was close enough, she said, "If you'll allow us to arrest your captives for our investigation, Tuma, I am sure we will be able to find a rational explanation for this."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

GM IC: Angry Skrall - Residential District, New Atero.

Before Armani had even finished speaking, Tuma had started laughing in her face, "What is there to investigate? The facts of the matter are clear to see. Those in power preach peace to the public, but in truth, they don't trust our kind."

"You're high up in the guard now, aren't you?" Stronius interjected, "Did they tell you this was happening?"

"Either you're complicit, or you were kept in the dark. Either way, I don't think we can trust you, or the rest of the guard." 

GM IC: Confused Guards - Residential District, New Atero.

"You're trying to collect a bounty?" The guards relaxed, lowering their weapons, "You need to talk to someone at The Tower, then."

"And try to learn some tact. Bounty hunters don't carry severed heads around in the street."

"At least stick it in a bag or something."

GM IC: Guards - New Atero.

"Yes."

IC: Armani - Rude

"It was not too long ago that our ranks were full of distrust," said Armani. "Distrust of the Agori and Glatorian. Of the Sisters, of the Skrall. Of our own eyes, when the Baterra came from the north. I can only hope that there will be no need of a second worldwide disaster to bring forth change."

She paused, looking over the hostages. "I am offering you a resolution. Allow the Guard to take these people into custody. Whether you think they are spies or not, you cannot take hostages and think there will be no repercussions. As for the allegations of spying... Yes, this is news to me. News I will be investigating, whether you think it necessary or not. I am not one to jump to conclusions, Tuma. I find answers, and act upon those, rather than accusations. After all, I am the very model of a modern Major-General."

GM IC: Annoyed Guards - Residential District, New Atero. 

"It's the big tower in the middle of the city."

"The only tower in the city." 

"The big tall thing towering over everything."

"Just look up. Not all the way, mind you, just a little bit up."

__________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: - Angry Skrall - Residential District, New Atero.

"Don't you dare talk down to me." Tuma straightened, trying to match Armani's height without going to the extreme of standing up on his toes, "There will be a resolution, and there will be repercussions, but those things are not yours to decide." He made a gesture with his hand, and the Skrall's blades inched closer to the hostages, stopping just short of drawing blood. "This is the part where you ask us what our demands are."