Skyrise: Ascent - IC Topic

Nato G

IC: Waveahk (The Aquarium, Aqua Magna)

Seeing that the creature's hide could indeed be pierced, Waveahk fired three more harpoons towards it. He then noticed that for some reason they weren't gaining any altitude, even though at this rate the leviathan would eventually be too close for comfort.

It was at this moment that he realized that he hadn't instructed Vrokdann how to raise the ship, and that she probably wasn't smart enough to figure it out herself. Not waiting to see if any of the harpoons hit, he immediately began running back to the bridge.

16 hours ago, Ironfist said:

--IC: Bacchus: New Atero--

Bacchus practically clapped his own hands into hers, shaking vigorously.  "100% agreed," he said.  "You won't hardly see anything familiar with me and my pal around, I can promise you that.  Now.  I'm going to go meet my other friend by the notice board; you can go get yourself prepared and meet me there when you're done, and we'll all leave together, okay?" 

IC: Juno - New Atero

Juno nodded, rolling up her map. 

"I'll come back with the best path to the Arena." She grinned, before continuing on her path to her ship. There was some supplies there she'd have to load up with.

IC: Mirror - Tesara Guardhouse

Mirror lunged after Silvana, intending to tackle her to the ground before she could cause more trouble.

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Capstone)

"No no," Arkis soothed, "This... this is how I... take you to her." He took another step closer, bringing the gun toward the Agori.

IC Tirkah - Capstone Bar, Cliffside:

Roused from his drunken stupor by all the noise and such, one very washed up Glatorian of Water blinked dumbly, and looked about to find the source of all the ruckus, and spoke in a slurred shamble of speech, "Wuzzat?"

IC Keeper - Tesara shopping district (Aka the biggest Sunday market on spherus magna):

Crowds did not sit well with Keeper on most days, but today was a little bit special for the Hordika. A meat creature from the desert was a good thing, and one good thing deserved another to go with it, so Keeper had gathered up a bit of currency, put on their hat(making sure their flower was prominently displayed; people seemed to like Keeper better when they wore their hat and the flower) and headed up the clifs to the main area of Tesara to purchase some Bula berries or perhaps a Thornax fruit. The market was in full swing still, and keeper made their way slowly through the crowds, searching for a suitable stall, and doing their best to stay away from larger groups as they wrestled with the Hordika that urged them to simply move the chaotic swarm as needed. 

GM IC: Silvana - Tesara Guardhouse.

Already off-balance from the failed kick, Silvana had little choice but to let the tackle take her.

She struck the wall, then the floor, lashing blindly with her hands at Mirror's face.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: ??? - Capstone, Cliffside.

The Agori squinted at the gun through teary eyes, before deciding he didn't believe Arkis. 

He grabbed the table he'd stumbled against, and whipped it at Arkis as if it weighed nothing. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Doctor K - The Tower, Basement.

Some time later, Porangi would find himself awakening in a world of pain. It wasn't intolerable, excruciating pain. It was more a muted ache, a dull throbbing pain that was severe enough to be agonisingly distracting, but not so excruciating that he felt the need to actually cry out. 

Were he to turn his head towards the site of his former stump, he would find the robotic limb Doctor K had shown him earlier now grafted onto the stump, held in place with bandages and straps that were secured across his shoulder. But he couldn't just see it - he could feel it - not in the same way he could feel his flesh-and-blood arm, but still sensation of a sort. The new limb had no sense of touch, but the fingers curled into a fist when he willed them to, and with that movement came a sort of sensory feedback, an understanding of how much force he was putting into the movement.  

"Take is slow," Doctor K leered into Porangi's view, "It will take time to adjust." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Armani - Top of the Tower

She glanced at Main Man Hakkzan briefly before saying, "As a military matter, it would likely concern me, I would assume."

~

IC: Matilda - Bakery

"Berry pies. Garuda gets to pick what we have for dinner tonight." She gave a half smile. "I can pick you up whatever pie you want, too. No reason to limit yourself to just one pie, huh?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

GM IC: Coyle/Hakkzan - The Tower, Upstairs.

"It will concern you if or when I decide it does," Coyle growled, "Don't forget how the chain of command works."

"And don't you forget that this city isn't a military dictatorship," Hakkzan snapped. 

"Maybe things would run a little more smoothly around here if it was," Coyle grumbled, starting to move towards the door. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Tamaya - Tesara Market

13 hours ago, The UltimoScorp said:

IC Keeper - Tesara shopping district (Aka the biggest Sunday market on spherus magna):

Crowds did not sit well with Keeper on most days, but today was a little bit special for the Hordika. A meat creature from the desert was a good thing, and one good thing deserved another to go with it, so Keeper had gathered up a bit of currency, put on their hat(making sure their flower was prominently displayed; people seemed to like Keeper better when they wore their hat and the flower) and headed up the clifs to the main area of Tesara to purchase some Bula berries or perhaps a Thornax fruit. The market was in full swing still, and keeper made their way slowly through the crowds, searching for a suitable stall, and doing their best to stay away from larger groups as they wrestled with the Hordika that urged them to simply move the chaotic swarm as needed. 

On her way Tamaya accidentally bumps into the hordika, not paying attention to her surroundings with her being in a hurry.

"Ack! Hey!....oh, I'm so sorry about that."

IC: Kane-Oma-Wasteland

Kane-Oma just smiled. "The people of Clifside have paid enough for your crimes already. I've gotten out of worse scrapes." He subtly began pushing against the hooks, testing to see if he would be able to use his strength to break loose. 

IC: Paju-Tesara Airport

Paju was still at the airport, cleaning off The Element.  Her vehicle was a sleek blue skyfighter, painted with red flames. It had a pair of manta-ray wings coming out of the sides

Edited by Smudge8

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

"Stay down!" Mirror shouted as he tried to avoid the worst of her blows as he moved his hands to restrain her arms.

"Get some cuffs," he called back to Hadraeka.

Arkis' small frame was flung a couple bio away with the table, where he lay gasping out laughter on the floor. "What... strength!"

His gun had been knocked a ways out of reach among the tables.

IC: Hadraeka - Tesara Guardhouse

In those spoken words, Hadraeka had already stepped forward with a pair of handcuffs, and was moving in to put them on the criminal offender.

IC: Porangi - Tower Basement, New Atero

Porangi looked around, disoriented, before his gaze fixed on the arm he didn't recall having been there since two years ago. He looked around in a daze, before finally his mind adjusted to the situation and he realised what was going on, his eyes moving back to the arm to take in the fact that it was not in fact the same arm he'd lost two years ago, but a far more mechanical substitute. "This... this is something else, I gotta say Doc. Are the set-a-divvs usually this... disorienting? It's almost as if I can feel the arm..."

8 hours ago, Click said:

Arkis' small frame was flung a couple bio away with the table, where he lay gasping out laughter on the floor. "What... strength!"

His gun had been knocked a ways out of reach among the tables.

GM IC: ??? - Cliffside, Capstone.

The deformed Agori lumbered towards Arkis, "Why won't you tell me where she is?!"

More patrons had begun to draw their weapons, though after seeing the strength the Agori had demonstrated against Blackbristle and Arkis, no one looked to be in any kind of hurry to be the being to fire the first shot. 

7 hours ago, Onaku said:

In those spoken words, Hadraeka had already stepped forward with a pair of handcuffs, and was moving in to put them on the criminal offender.

The Vortixx let herself be handcuffed without further struggle. 

She seemed almost... happy about it. 

7 hours ago, Onaku said:

"This... this is something else, I gotta say Doc. Are the set-a-divvs usually this... disorienting? It's almost as if I can feel the arm..."

GM IC: Doctor K - The Tower, Basement.

"Well you can, to an extent," the Kestora said, "It's wired into your nervous system, so there should be some sensation." 

IC Tirkah - Capstone Bar, Cliffside:

No one, save perhaps a man more alcohol than flesh. Tirkah was still a very confused mess if a man, and finally asked ( or perhaps repeated) the question on everyone's mind, 

"Shhhee who?" He slurred, before burping.

IC Keeper - Tesara Markets:

The mutated Hunter hissed and chittered, their mandibles swinging open wide, and their antennae flailed wildly, but they backed away and brought themselves under control after a moment. 

"Pleaszze be more aware of your zzsurroundingszz"

GM IC: ??? - Capstone, Cliffside.

"Who is she?" The Agori sputtered, seeming almost insulted as he whirled to face Tirkah, "She is the one who told me where to go, where to be, what I needed to do. Her eyes... they showed me so much..." the Agori wasn't really talking to Tirkah anymore, and his feverish eyes appeared fixed on something only he could discern, "She sees all, knows all... Her whispers are everywhere... her eyes..."

IC: Kastir - Cliffside

"Oh, for sure."

Pointedly tuning out what sounded like the beginnings of a skirmish starting inside the bar behind, Kastir bobbed her head in a quick nod. It made plenty of sense, to her; get there, take a look around, make sure nothing had changed... and who knew, there was always the possibility of picking up their third party member along the way and not needing to visit Tesara at all. You never knew who (or what) you might encounter in the desert, after all.

As for if she'd come along, too?

In all honesty the arena's mystery, as described by her employer, had intrigued Kastir enough that she was quite eager to let a look at it for herself. Whether there was much to actually see there or not, the toothy giant trusted her own sight - enhanced, of course, by her trusty Akaku - more than anyone else's description of the place. The chance to poke around a bit in advance of their mission was well worth whatever extra fuel the trip expended.

"I said I'm in, so I'm in for the whole way."

It took her only a matter of minutes to reach the Huntress' Pride, and soon Kastir was airborne. It was an easy task to spot, again, the ship belonging to Drukann; and her deep-purple craft circled a little clumsily in the air to fall into formation behind his.

IC: Tarutu - Tesara Marketplace

That seemed to be her cue; leaving Tekmo to the rest of his merry little band, Tarutu beat a retreat back to the parking bays. Her Rockoh was, she was pleased - though not surprised - to note, was exactly where she'd left it... though who else would even want such a battered machine, compared to its much better kept neighbours, she hadn't a clue. Still, though: it flew, it carried cargo, it could defend itself; and that was all she asked of it. It took her only a few minutes to get it ready - reconnecting the ignition, topping up the fuel reserves, making sure her modified thrusters were all functioning as they should - and, once she was done, the Ga-Matoran gave the ship a fond little pat on its gappy armour.

Mounting up - she had to stand on the seat, designed for bigger races than hers, to be able to control the craft; but that inconvenience was only a minor one - Tarutu brushed a couple of specks of dust off her control panel, and settled in to wait. She'd take off once she saw the rest of the mission doing likewise; but there was no point in wasting fuel by hovering in the sky before everyone else was ready.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

11 hours ago, The UltimoScorp said:

The mutated Hunter hissed and chittered, their mandibles swinging open wide, and their antennae flailed wildly, but they backed away and brought themselves under control after a moment. 

It takes the le-matoran a second to answer, observing the stranger's appearance.

"Whoa..uh, yeah okay dude." Tamaya hesitates a second then asks, "Quick question, what are you? Because I've never seen anything like you before."

She immediately forgets about her previous mindset, overcome by curiosity. 

11 hours ago, The UltimoScorp said:

It takes the le-matoran a second to answer, observing the stranger's appearance.

"Whoa..uh, yeah okay dude." Tamaya hesitates a second then asks, "Quick question, what are you? Because I've never seen anything like you before."

She immediately forgets about her previous mindset, overcome by curiosity. 

On 9/28/2019 at 11:55 PM, Click said:

IC: Kaenis - New Atero Notice Board

Fortunately, Bacchus didn't have to wait long as an orange and silver streak leapt out of an alleyway and landed on all fours near the notice board with a feline grace. Kaenis crouched there, panting, looking around until she noticed him, and suddenly became conscious of what she was doing. She straightened abruptly, brushing herself off nonchalantly as she tried to calm her breathing. "...hi," she said hesitantly.

Thornax launcher?  Check.  Thornax fruits to launch with the launcher?  Check.  Kanoka Disks for the Horse's ventral launcher?  Check.  Paper and ink?  Check.  Spare pipeweed?  Check.

"... hi."

Freshly returned traveling companion number one?  Check.

"Kaenis!" Bacchus exclaimed cheerfully.  "Good news!  And bad news.  And other good news!  The good news: I got us a map!  The bad news: that map is still in the possession of the person I talked to about it.  The other good news: said person is coming with us to the Arena!  And she's been there before, too!  So with our powers combined, we're sure to figure something out over there."

-   -   -

21 hours ago, Smudge8 said:

Kane-Oma just smiled. "The people of Clifside have paid enough for your crimes already. I've gotten out of worse scrapes." He subtly began pushing against the hooks, testing to see if he would be able to use his strength to break loose. 

--IC: Hestala: The Wastes, somewhere between Cliffside and Tesara--

"I'm not talking about Cliffside paying for my 'crimes,' dahling," Hestala replied, making air quotes as she said "crimes."  As far as she was concerned, what she did back in Cliffside wasn't crime.  Was this fellow deliberately misunderstanding her?  "I'm talking about you paying for your crime.  The crime of damaging my precious Vista Baby.  You may get out of this, but you won't get out of it with any of your money left."

She noticed him straining against his makeshift restraints, and stomped on one of his wrists to get him to stop.

On 9/30/2019 at 1:02 PM, ZippyWharrgarbl said:

"Berry pies. Garuda gets to pick what we have for dinner tonight." She gave a half smile. "I can pick you up whatever pie you want, too. No reason to limit yourself to just one pie, huh?"

IC: Voyin - Pie Time

She smiled widely, completely genuine. "Oh yes! Berry! I had forgot berry! Berry pies!"

IC: Juno - Preparing herself

She sat in her vehicle, pulling her mask up to unveil her face, a toothy jaw and her eyes that were still just as bright and strange as before.  She stuck her pen in her mouth as she looked at the map.

This looked good.

Mirror hauled Silvana to her feet roughly. "Are we going to have any more problems?"

Kaenis felt relieved he didn't question her, but... another? "Oh... that's great," she sighed, still catching her breath.

"The little lad... has lost his mind!" Arkis giggled, just starting to haul himself up and looking for his gun.

12 hours ago, Ironfist said:

She noticed him straining against his makeshift restraints, and stomped on one of his wrists to get him to stop.

GM IC: ???? - The Wastes.

In the act of stomping, Hestala might come to notice jagged shadows in the distance, airborne beasts of some description descending towards her and Kane-Oma. 

11 hours ago, Click said:

Mirror hauled Silvana to her feet roughly. "Are we going to have any more problems?"

"Oh, you'll be having plenty of problems. Whatever the Fe Remnant are planning, it's going to be bad for everyone."

"The little lad... has lost his mind!" Arkis giggled, just starting to haul himself up and looking for his gun.

GM IC: ??? - Cliffside, Capstone.

"Maybe..." the Agori twitched, turning to smile at Arkis, "...but I have found so much more. She will she you. She will show all of you." 

"Terrorist lunatics aren't exactly good for business, so yes." 

17 hours ago, The UltimoScorp said:

Their eyes stared, unblinking.

"I am Keeper." They said simply.

Perhaps they hadn't fully understood the question, or perhaps they were pointedly ignoring it. It was hard to tell with their face.

Tamaya looks slightly stumped.

"Eeehh....okay. And I'm Tamaya. So what's a Keeper?"

"Well, all you've been offering us is vague threats, and best I can tell, we're safer with you out of our city. Get moving." He shoves her toward the door, keeping close behind.

Finding his gun, Arkis crept across the floor toward it, reaching out slowly while watching the Agori. "I can... heh, show you something too... Just... stay still..."

On 10/1/2019 at 3:25 PM, Click said:

Kaenis felt relieved he didn't question her, but... another? "Oh... that's great," she sighed, still catching her breath.

Bacchus put his bearded chin back between the crook of his forefinger and thumb for a moment.  He could tell something was wrong with Kaenis, aside from the Hordika venom and the clear signs of physical exertion currently present on her.  She seemed... hesitant to accept a third member of their traveling troupe.  "Now don't you worry, Kaenis," he said, trying to make her feel a bit better.  "You'll like this one, I'm sure of it."

Perhaps a subject change was in order, to temporarily take their minds off of their future new arrival.  "In the meantime, while we wait..."  He untied one of the numerous blue bandannas from his right arm and offered it to Kaenis.  "Here!"

On 9/28/2019 at 3:36 PM, Toru Nui said:

IC: Tekmo (Tesara Marketplace)

"That's good to hear. Speaking of which - " he turned to Akkitu and Tacitus behind him. " - I need to ensure your vehicles are in working order. You two remember where you parked, right?"

Akkitu- Tesara Marketplace

"My Jetrax was parked in the alley where the guards found me. Unless they moved it, it should still be there."

RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

10 hours ago, Click said:

Finding his gun, Arkis crept across the floor toward it, reaching out slowly while watching the Agori. "I can... heh, show you something too... Just... stay still..."

GM IC: ???/Blackbristle - Cliffside, Capstone

"No... you're trying to trick me!" The Agori seemed ready to throw more furniture, when Blackbristle spoke up again.

"Why did ye come 'ere?"

"This is where she told me to be," The Agori whimpered, turning to face the skakdi, "She said she would be here to meet me. Where is she?"

10 hours ago, Click said:

"Well, all you've been offering us is vague threats, and best I can tell, we're safer with you out of our city. Get moving." He shoves her toward the door, keeping close behind.

Silvana dug in her heels, desperation and uncertainty clear on her features.

"I've committed crimes in this city," she finally said, "Quite a few over the years. If I were to give you a full confession detailing those crimes... including incidents where my employers arranged for people to be framed or falsely confess... would I be allowed to stay, safe, in your cells?" 

Edited by Nato the Traveler

IC: Armani - Top of the Tower

"With all due respect, Commander," Armani said, sounding concerned, "as I recall, a military dictatorship did not serve us well in the past. Returning to it is far less than desirable."

~

"That's the spirit." Matilda held the door to the bakery open. "To be honest... Garuda had to see something today I really hoped she could avoid. I think it bothered her a lot. But, I think seeing you will help her forget about it."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

2 hours ago, ZippyWharrgarbl said:

"That's the spirit." Matilda held the door to the bakery open. "To be honest... Garuda had to see something today I really hoped she could avoid. I think it bothered her a lot. But, I think seeing you will help her forget about it."

IC: Voyin - Bakery

The Iron Vorox wasn't sure what Matilda meant, but she didn't want to push further anyway. Garuda was her friend, but Matilda was Garuda's guardian. She would not encroach upon that. 

Voyin nodded. "I would be glad to cheer up young Garuda." She looked back at the bakery, mouth watering, before stepping in, quickly. The smell was intoxicating, irresistible.

IC: Juno - New Friends

Juno was finished very quickly. The Arena was pretty easy to get to and plan a route for, especially since traders and even gang members used it for a neutral meeting point. It surprised her, then, that there might be hidden treasures and secrets in this commonly known yet largely mysterious spot. 

She rolled up the map again, putting her pen away and slipping her Volitak back on, her toothy mouth once again covered. She was soon up off her ship, and on her way to the notice board. 

Adventure called, yet again. And she would answer it gladly, as always.

Mirror hesitated. Jira had mentioned something she suspected Silvana had done. It would be good to get her closure on that.

But then, he had his orders. He could take Silvana out of the city, and Jira would never know, but she would be safe.

He glanced toward Hadraeka, seemingly on the end of his rope.

In one quick movement with the Agori's attention elsewhere, Arkis leapt toward the gun and then scrambled toward the Agori, pushing the needle down toward their neck.

Kaenis reached out toward the bandanna hesitantly. "What's this for?"

Kane decided it was no longer time for subtlety. With his "free" wrist he pushed as hard as he could, attempting to break free and grab Hestala's leg.

OOC: Which wrist Hestala is stomping on matters here, since his right shoulder got badly wounded, and he probably shouldn't be using that arm.

IC: Paju-Tesara airport

Having made sure everything was ready for the trip, Paju was sitting nervously on her vehicle, fidgeting with the controls. To an observer she would seem extremely agitated, but in reality she just wanted to get into the air.

OOC: Paju open for interaction, just trying to post for more caracters than just Kane.

Edited by Smudge8

58 minutes ago, The UltimoScorp said:

"am Keeper," they repeated, slightly more forcefully.

"Oookay, Keeper is a Keeper." She smiles awkwardly, "So what brings you around? Or are you more of the silent type and I'm just annoying you?" She smirks.

Kaenis reached out toward the bandanna hesitantly. "What's this for?"

"It's for you!" the Rock Agori exclaimed as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.  "The way you're colored, you're extremely likely to blend in with the sand or disappear in the haze when you're far away.  With this on you, in case we ever get separated in the Wastes, I can just look for the spot of blue and think, 'oh, there you are!'"

-   -   -

10 hours ago, Smudge8 said:

Kane decided it was no longer time for subtlety. With his "free" wrist he pushed as hard as he could, attempting to break free and grab Hestala's leg.

OOC: Which wrist Hestala is stomping on matters here, since his right shoulder got badly wounded, and he probably shouldn't be using that arm.

--OOC:--

I didn't really have a specific wrist in mind for her to stomp on.  I'll say that she stomped on his right one, leaving his left arm free to grab at her.

Hestala just barely registered what was going on- her adversary had tugged free of her hook handle restraint and was now swiping at her leg- before dancing juuuuust enough out of the way to keep herself out of his grip.  Though his fingers did brush rather heavily against her shin.  In her movement, she took her foot off of his other wrist.

Picking up the hook that had become dislodged, she stomped again on his wrist, this time the one that had been freed, and leaned forward, resting her elbows on her now-bent knee.  Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed some mysterious flapping shapes seeming to approach, but her main focus was on this naughty fellow.  "Come on, dahling, don't be like that.  Just give me all the widgets you have on your person and I'll leave you alone, okay?"  It was rare for her to ask for permission to rob anyone, but then, her normal targets weren't usually paying too much proper attention to her.

GM IC: Coyle - The Tower, New Atero

"I wouldn't know," he muttered, "that wasn't my world." 

GM IC: ??? - Cliffside, Capstone

The started to turn towards the sound of Arkis' movement, but balked at Tirkah's words. "Early?" He marveled, as if the thought hadn't occured to him before, "Of course! I-" the needle embedded itself in his neck, and his words were swallowed up by the slurred movements of his slack jaw.

He took a shaky step, then another, then sprawled to the floor. 

IC: Kane-Oma-Wastelands

Kane-Oma snorted, he seemed amused. "Go ahead, It's all in the box in the dashboard." he said, nodding at his crashed ship. "I'll stay right here." Kane rarely kept much cash on himself, he was still a beast at heart. Hopefully he had enough to satisfy her.

Hadraeka took a long hard look at Silvana, glancing once at Mirror before looking at Silvana again, narrowing her eyes. "Tell us something now, up front, and we'll consider it."

IC: Tacitus - Tesara

Tacitus sighed. "Yes."

"Oh. Oh! How'd you do that??" Porangi asked, a look of wonder and admiration in his eyes as he looked at the strange doctor.