Skyrise: Ascent - IC Topic

Nato G

GM IC: Matilda - Tesara Outskirts.

Matilda's efforts to uncover the corpse would reveal the sprawled, stinking form of a days-dead Turaga, his face still partially-covered by the remaining shards of the broken Kanohi that Matilda had found clutched in his hands. There was no sign of further injury on his purple-black body. Evidently the blow to the head had been enough to end him. 

Though it was difficult to be certain, given his current state, the body resembled descriptions she or the others may have seen of New Atero's missing Turaga, Varim. ___________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Tuma - Residential District, New Atero.

"An uprising?" Tuma chuckled, appearing legitimately amused by the prospect, "By me? I have no desire to rule this city. There are many Skrall - yourself included, I suspect - who would never accept me as leader. The other citizens definitely wouldn't." 

He planted the point of his sword in the ground, and leaned on the handle of the weapon, contemplating Armani's words, "I have heard similar rumours, but I know nothing of who is behind them. Regardless, I look forward to this apology you've promised."
___________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Jira - Medical Tent, Tesara.

"What would you suggest, then? Do we simply turn her loose, despite the fact that she clearly knows more than she is telling us?" Jira sighed, shoulders slumped, "I know of this Vortixx. She likes to hide behind aliases, but we believe her true name to be Silvana. We took her into custody shortly before the fall of Fe, for suspected involvement in the theft that led to the death of one of our Councillors. In the end, someone else confessed to the crime, and she went free, but just like now, I always believed she knew more than she let on."
___________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: ??? - The Chasm.

Trailing, twisted threats of multi-hued mist drifted wispily upwards from the yawning mouth of The Chasm, disturbed by something shifting beneath. A marred, mangled hand clawed its way up from beneath the surface of the smog, bloodied fingertips clawing for purchase on the crumbling lip of the ledge.

A second hand followed it, and a disheveled figure labouriously began to drag themselves out of The Chasm... towards a battered skyfighter parked near the edge, having been there so long that it was now more than half-covered by sand, and faded from enduring countless days of searing sun and stinging sandstorms. It took many long minutes for the figure to reach the vehicle, and longer still for them to dig it free and coax its long-dead engine back into life.

And then the aircraft was gone, sputtering smoke and sand as it drifted weakly in the direction of Cliffside. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Keeper - Tesara Outskirts:

The sight of the fully uncovered body provided a sense of relief, though once again, Keeper did not truly know why. Approaching the body, they gently tried to make sense of the broken pieces of mask, to see if they could identify it. Masks in and of themselves were identifiers for those that wore them. Keeper doubted that the Gladitoran would be familiar enough with the masks to piece one together, but perhaps she'd recognise the face once it was a little more in order. Assuming keeper could manage to make anything of it themselves, that is.

As for the body, beyond recognising a Turaga of Gravity, the identity of the body remained a mystery to Keeper. They kept to themselves and did not often venture to public places, so they were mostly unaware of what some might consider important people.

IC: Matilda - Oh No

"Garuda, kiddo," Matilda said slowly, not taking her eyes off the body. "I need you to go to your ship- don't look this way while you do it- and fly up to the city. Then, you need to find a guard, and you need to ask them very nicely to come down here, because there was a... a crime. Evidence of a crime. And tell them it's very, very important. Can you do that, sis?"

To Keeper, she said, "Don't touch it. The guards are gonna want to look at it."

Jeez. This was bad. She kept an eye on the Zesk- she was bigger than them, and could probably scare them off if they tried to take the body- as well as the corpse. As someone who lived in the wastelands, she was no stranger to death. She worried more for Garuda seeing the body.

~

IC: Armani - Talking with Tuma

"As do I," she said. "I can only hope it does something to appease this situation. Talk of an uprising... I cannot think who would do such a thing. I do hope these turn out to be nothing but rumours."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

"Nothing I am doing will make it harder for them to look at it. The maszzk will make it easzzier to tell who it waszz, if anything. But it iszz needing to be put together."

They frowned as they continued to piece the broken bits together, taking care not to disturb the body as they did so.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC: Vrokdann - New Atero [Trading Sector]

The tall, blue being waited in very visible annoyance as Vrokdann stood apparently frozen in place. Vrokdann was apt for some things, yes, but making decisions, big decisions specifically, was not one of them. So what for the tall, blue being was simple blackmail disguised as a job opportunity, for her (and for her mind and its "archivist", most of all) was an unprecedented ordeal of processing. So she was there for minutes, staring at nowhere, murmuring to   "Drendakk"   about the offer, about Aqua Magna, about the reasons why she got into this trouble, about the being's unusual and frequent thirst, about the sudden mass movement towards the Residential District... weren't she a Skakdi, and were the other being somebody who cared, all this would've elicited at least some worry. He, however, would just go inform the authorities.

-Vrokdann, he's telling on us! Aren't you going to say anything?!-

"I don't know! Is Aqua Magna a good idea? I'm sure there was something bad to it-."

-THERE IS something bad to it! THERE'S A LOT OF THINGS BAD TO IT! But we HAVE to go!!-

"Let's go then! Don't you see we're almost alone here?! And he keeps drinking from that thing and it's STARTING TO GET ON MY NERVES!! THAT'S IT I'M NOT TAKING THE JOB!!"

-TAKE THE JOB YOU STUPID LUMP OF PROTOGARBAGE!!-

"FINE, I'M IN!", she finally spoke in an audible volume. Surprisingly, the being stopped his preparations. "I'll go with you to Aqua Magna and help you hunt those toxic things with those laser-guided whatevers, just don't tell on me, okay? Please don't tell on me. Do I get my ship?"

OOC: After way too long, Vrokdann, the blue-screener, has just accepted Waveakh's, the blue fish-guy, offer in exchange of him not telling the authorities about her accidentally almost-hitting his stall.

I'm Vrokdann in Skyrise: Ascent, and Luntep in the BZPRPG.

[sigfig in tunnel]

My profile pic's a cool little thing I made called Bettani. That thing up there's just a me inside a tunnel.

IC: Tekmo (Tesara Marketplace)

Oh sweet grapefruit, what the flying mucus was I thinking, where am I going to find-

Tekmo thinks back to the notice board. It was overshadowed in his mind by 'Iron Never Dies', but now that he thinks about it, he's sure he noticed an advertisement for a pilot.

Moving back over to the board, he re-reads it more closely: 'Skilled Pilot, searching for employment, outgoing, brave, looking for adventure'. Below that is information concerning how to make contact. He makes a note of the face on the advertisement: a Matoran, wearing a Mask of Speed. Tekmo didn't know the official name of the mask, he found it easier to remember what powers they would have if they... had powers. Kanohi were complicated.

He scans the crowd for the pilot in the advertisement: he notices her, talking to another Matoran of the same colour... the same Matoran that Akkitu had testified about earlier. Another potential candidate?

"Excuse me, ma'am." He says, sauntering towards the two Ga-Matoran. "Are you the pilot advertised in the... advertisement?"

OOC: Tekmo is interacting with Paju. And also Tarutu, but mostly Paju.

IC: Waveahk (New Atero Trading Sector)

"You get to keep your ship, but you can't bring it with you. There's just not enough room for it in the cargo hold." In truth, the reason Waveahk won't let Vrokdann bring the Stolara was because he didn't want her abandoning ship in the middle of work, though there probably genuinely wasn't enough room.

Waveahk takes another few glugs from the bottle and points towards his ship, over in the Parking Sector. "That's the Aquarium," he says, removing the cylinder from his mouth. "It may look big, but looks aren't everything. And yes, the name is intentional. If I'm going to remembered as the 'fishy guy who sells fish' I thought I may as well run with it." He gestures for Vrokdann to follow him to it.

OOC: "gently tried to make sense of" sounded more like Keeper was looking at the shards, not touching them. Matilda is preventing people from touching the body

Geez it's like Keeper's never even seen CSI >:V

IC: Matilda - Continuing To Guard The Body

Keeper had been prevented from touching the shards by Matilda, who was continuing to block their way so they could not touch the shards.

"Look," she said. "I know I took the pieces from his fist. But those pieces there? They tell me the guy might have been hit here. The way the pieces fell might tell the guards something about the strike. I took the other pieces because I was worried they'd fall out or something. Do. Not. Touch. The. Body."

She snarled the same to the Zesk- at least, the last part- while baring her teeth.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Mirror - Tesara Medical Tent

"I'm sure she does, but we must consider the city beyond our personal curiosities."

IC: Garuda - Tesara Outskirts

Garuda nodded again and ran to her ship on all fours. She couldn't resist taking a look back over her shoulder once she got there, but Matilda's hunched form spared her from the sight. From there, she didn't stop until she was flying over the city in the Sand Bat, searching for a Guard. They weren't hard to find before in the wake of the disaster.

IC: Vrokdann - New Atero [Trading Sector > Parking Lot]

"Okay, no big deal. Not that I cared about it anyway. Want to know why I call it the Stolara?" Vrokdann was quite content that the job offer went through despite taking so long to reply. "Drendakk", of course, was more aware of what had happened.

-Okay Vrokdann, we're in something now. Not only we respond to somebody else now, we're leaving the fortress we barely found a spot in for the first time, to go hunt some potentially killer creatures in a place that, if what I'm reading here means what I think it does, is related to us, somehow...-

"And we avoided being kicked out of it by doing so! Honestly I see no problem with this, I don't get why you're so worried about it."

-Did I mention that you left the good weapon in the ship you're so gleefully leaving behind?-

"Huh? No way, Drendakk. My fists are here, and my claw-things are here, and my dual-action holemaker..." she went to her right hand and was surprised by its bareness. The Stolara meant nothing to her, but the weapon, she loved that thing.

"Um, dude? I need to go get my weapon in my ship. It's right there!" she pointed at the worn-down silver and lime coloured Axalara she'd stolen a good while ago, an eyesore among the other ships. "You can see it from here."

The being was righteously suspicious.

"I'm not trying anything, I swear! You can watch me from here if you want to! I'll be right back!"

-Maybe I should've let you lose it...-

She started rushing towards her neighbouring ship hoping the being wouldn't forfeit his offer because of it.

OOC: This girl's just looking to get in trouble, isn't she? Her weapon could be useful for her new job all right, if she gets to keep it...

[sigfig in tunnel]

My profile pic's a cool little thing I made called Bettani. That thing up there's just a me inside a tunnel.

IC: Armani - Talking with Tuma

"As do I," she said. "I can only hope it does something to appease this situation. Talk of an uprising... I cannot think who would do such a thing. I do hope these turn out to be nothing but rumours."

"In my experience, all stories have some element of truth to them. Just look at what happened to the Sisters."

They frowned as they continued to piece the broken bits together, taking care not to disturb the body as they did so.

GM IC: Keeper - Tesara Outskirts.

Based on his observations, Keeper would likely recognise the pieces as belonging to a noble Kanohi Crast. 

The same type of mask that Varim had been said to wear. 

IC: Akkitu- Tesara

As Akkitu climed into his ship, he noticed a pair of Matoran watching him intently.

"Why are they looking at me like that?" he asked himself as he started the engines.

The Sight took off, as quickly as its pilot could push it to do.

GM IC: Those Two Guards - Tesara Alleyway.

As Akkitu entered the alleyway and started moving towards his ship, he would've noticed two Bo-Matoran, both wearing the uniform of Tesaran Guardsmen, watching him. One of them moved to block Akkitu's path, opening their mouth as if to say something, but the other held his arm, whispering something in his ear, and they both stood back to let Akkitu pass, watching him with silent smiles. 

Once Akkitu had bypassed the pair, and The Sight's engines had been started, the aircraft took off... but it didn't get very far.

After a split-second of acceleration, there came the grinding, crunching sound of compressed metal, and The Sight came to a very abrupt halt, almost pitching forward into the ground before the pilot was able to steady the controls. A glance backwards would reveal a long, very thick length of chain looped around certain sections of The Sight's fuselage, the ends of which were connected to a magnetised plate that had been placed further down the street. (Essentially this game's equivalent of a wheel clamp)

The two guards exchanged high fives, laughing as they stepped closer to where Akkitu was unwillingly hovering. "You seem in quite a hurry to get out of Tesara, citizen? If I didn't know better, it'd seem like you were running from something..."

"Running away from the scene of a crime is usually an admission of guilt." The other guard concurred, "Do you have a guilty conscience, sir?"

Still chuckling, the other guard drew his disk launcher, taking aim at Akkitu. "I suggest you land your aircraft, before you do yourself or anyone else any permanent damage. Or before we're forced to damage you." 

"I'm sure she does, but we must consider the city beyond our personal curiosities."

"Perhaps." Jira sighed, "But letting her go doesn't fix the problem. It just makes it someone else's problem, and leaves us with no one to hold responsible for what happened here."

Edited by Nato the Traveler

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Akkitu- Tesara

"Why do you want me? I already gave the evidence I found to the others at the guard station. I wasn't even going to leave Tesara. I was going to repark my ship. Now that the engine is shut down, it's just going to stay here and obstruct traffic!"

OOC: Akkitu has no idea why these Matoran want him.

RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

The Gladitoran blocked them, and they hissed in annoyance, and their antennae waggled in a way that might have been menacing to other insects, but simply looked strange on them. Still, they left well enough alone. They'd seen all they needed to. A Crast. An unusual mask, one hat most Turaga, or even Toa wouldn't normally wear. Common enough on Xia, the Crast was often worn by the higher ranking Vortixx who had lived there. There was an elegance to it, allowing the wearer to repel anything or anyone they did not want close to them.

How then, had something or someone hit them, and with enough force to break the mask?

Their hiss settled into a dull buzz as they looked closer, taking care to avoid touching anything as they pondered this question.

"zzStrange. Thiszz Kanohi, it should be very difficult to inflict a wound zzsuch aszz thiszz to a being with zzsuch a maszzk. Unlesszz they were taken unaware, zzsuch as by a closzze companion. Or were zzstruck by zzsomething that waszz unexpected."

Their field of vision focused on Matilda, though their head did not turn, nor did any pupil move. "Iszz it a familiar faczze?"

IC Temujin- Tower:

The iron Glatorian pondered this a moment, "If I'm being honest, all I've really brought you is a lead. I don't think there's really any reward warranted unless that lead led to the man himself, no? Seems just as likely that someone else could have used the silly thing to implicate the old chap!"

He shrugged, "That all said, if you're offering, it'd be terribly rude of me to decline!" He laughed, "Goodness, now that I'm put on the spot I can't think of anything I need! What sort of thing would be appropriate in this situation, anyway?"

GM IC: Doctor K - The Tower, New Atero.

"Money, trade goods, weaponry, supplies." The Kestora shrugged, "I won't pretend to understand the materialistic preferences of you beings."

GM IC: Those Two Guards - Tesara.

"Why do we want you?" The lead guard repeated, sounding legitimately offended by the question, "Don't pretend you don't know."

"You're parking illegally in a public walkway!" Blurted out the second guard, "We ought to impound your vehicle just for that. I mean, I know empty parking bays might have been a little hard to come by with the markets on this morning, but that's no excuse for-" 

The other guard facepalmed, "This aircraft matches the description of one that was used to bomb the marketplace this morning. If you're the owner, then you've got a lot of questions to answer."

"And if you're not the owner, then you're a thief, and we're still taking you in." 

GM IC: Those Two Guards - Alleyway, Tesara.

"Was that a confession?" The second guard asked, glancing at his companion, "Should I write that down?"

"That certainly sounded like a confession. Make a note of it... and the fact that this offender is refusing to follow directions." He fired a shot over Akkitu's head, the disk embedding itself in the side of the building behind him, "That was a warning shot. Now land the aircraft," he began reloading his launcher, while his companion began furiously scribbling in a notebook, "get out, and surrender yourself into our custody." 

"I do indeed have an offer, straight from the Captain of the Guard." Which was technically true, considering she authorized the idea to begin with.

"We have a possible lead on who might have orchestrated the recent attack, but we can't spare enough men for a scouting party. That's where you come in. Interested?"

(OOC: Sorry, sort of fell out of things here for a little bit ^^; )

IC: Tarutu - Tesara Marketplace

She couldn't help there, really, Tarutu figured. As much as she empathised with Paju's need for work - not only as a way to make a living on this Great Spirit-forsaken dustball, but because Matoran like them were, quite literally, made to work - the Komau-wearer tended to do all her own piloting. To hire her fellow Ga-sister would help Paju out, for sure, but the only tasks Tarutu would have been able to employ her for were routine errands that she could just as easily do herself. That would hardly benefit her, and it certainly wouldn't be satisfying work for a pilot of Paju's presumed calibre. All the same, Tarutu nodded, gave a little 'hm' noise in response.

"Well, I wish you all the--"

She was interrupted by the sudden approach of one of the native Agori, calling for her companion's attention, and Tarutu let her sentence die off unfinished. Apparently the 'all the best' that she'd been about to wish Paju in her search had already found her, and Tarutu took a step back, so as not to intrude on the pilot's crucial negotiation for her employment.

Nonetheless, she kept one ear open. The fact that a lead had turned up so quickly was probably good news for Tesara; but, to her, it sounded almost suspiciously quickly, if indeed it was genuine. As if those behind the attacks didn't care if they were found... and that didn't bode well for anyone getting involved in any such search for them. It was none of her business, of course - and she certainly didn't doubt Paju's ability to handle herself - so she didn't speak up. It wasn't her conversation.

She simply listened.

IC: Kastir - Capstone Bar

"Oh, yeah. It's right where I found it."

Or at least, that's where she left it; Kastir couldn't account for anyone else - or even just a freak gust of wind - that might have snatched the paper off the board once she'd entered the bar itself. But the Capstone seemed almost surprisingly quiet today, and she certainly hadn't noticed any further activity outside; so the giant figured it was a fairly safe bet that the notice hadn't gone anywhere else. But the fact that it was quiet also meant that they might be waiting a while for anyone else to come along and register interest.

She leaned closer, dropping her voice for a moment.

"If the notice doesn't turn up anyone else, there are other ways to get a third party member."

Coercion. Blackmail. Kidnapping. Kastir wouldn't necessarily say that any of those were a sensible plan, but Drukann seemed fairly certain that they needed three people on their team... and those were all things that Kastir had become good at since she'd entered the bounty hunting trade. With a little free reign - and some questionable ethics - she could turn up a less willing third member, should the need arise. Until then, though, she could be patient; of course she could, it was a skill you needed as a hunter. And Drukann seemed pleasant enough company to make small-talk with.

Still, in her business, time was money. Making idle conversation was nice and all, and she had no difficulty doing so; but she was already more interested in making a plan of approach, in gathering her gear - such as it was - for the task ahead, in making sure she was on the top of her game for anything the arena might throw at her. Thinking of which, actually--

"What else can you tell me about the arena? What are we going to be facing?"

Edited by Darth Jaller

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC: Tarutu - Tesara Marketplace

"Wow."

So much for not speaking up; but at that little - and unpleasant - revelation, Tarutu simply couldn't hold her tongue. Sarcasm - her other natural language - practically dripped from her tone.

"Is that your usual approach? 'I know you're looking to actually make a living in this Karzahni-hole, but I've got a job for you that I expect you to do for free instead'? You must be such a big hit with independent business-Matoran everywhere."

A part of her, the part that most often spoke common sense, warned Tarutu that she was likely to get into trouble for this. Sassing someone who was clearly in a position of authority rarely ended well, and she did try to remain civil around anyone who could make life too difficult for her if they got it into their heads to dig into her background; but, at the same time? From Tarutu's perspective, what she saw was Tekmo trying to take advantage of a fellow businesswoman... and that wasn't okay with her.

Sisters - even sisters who barely knew each other - stuck up for one another.

(OOC: I feel I should apologise for her! I wasn't going to butt in; but Tarutu just refused to stay quiet xD;; )

Edited by Darth Jaller

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC: Armani - Talking to Tuma

"I assume you mean the belief that the Sisters received their abilities from a Great Being," Armani said with a bit of stiffness. "And not any rumours or distrust that led to their alienation from Skrall society, or being left to die to fire and deadly shapeshifters as the men fled from the Baterra."

~

IC: Matilda - Hanging With A Corpse

"Yeah," she said slowly. "Well...no. Not exactly. I think I'd seen him on some Wanted posters."

"Yes." If Tuma was perturbed by Armani's remark, he didn't let it show.

"So... what would you have me do with her?"

IC: Garuda - Tesara Outskirts

Garuda parked the Sand Bat in a proper space (for once) and ran off into the city almost before the engines shut off. There was a guard by the exit, which she poked in the leg to ask, "Hello?"

GM IC: Poked Guard - Tesara Outskirts.

"Ah, yes?" The guard glanced down at Garuda, "How can I help you, citizen?"

"Try telling her that if she doesn't start giving us information we can use, we'll prosecute her for the attack on the markets... and that a conviction won't end with her in a safe, comfortable jail cell."

Mirror nodded and saluted, excusing himself from the tent to find this "Silvana" again.

IC: Garuda - Tesara

"My sister told me to find a Guard because there was a crime comted. There was a hand reaching out of the trash underneath Tesara where I spend time with my Zesk friends."

"I guess so?" The scribbling guard shrugged, adding Akkitu's latest words to his record.

"You just did." The other guard replied, "You also have the right to remain silent, as anything you say or do from this point forward can be used against you when you're prosecuted for your crimes." 

_____​_____​_____​_____​_____​_____​_____​_____​_____​_____​_____​_____​_____

"A hand... in the trash..." the guard frowned, trying to understand, "Just a hand, like, on its own? Or do you mean someone's trapped down there and needs help?"

IC: Akkitu- Framed, Tesara Alleyway

In response, a folded piece of metal foil flew out of the open cockpit. One of the guards caught it, and unfolded it. The sheet read:

You said I can remain silent, but you didn't say anything about letting me write instead. I was unable to finish earlier. My question comes in two parts. First, what information do you want from me? Secondly, how long will I be held? Please answer truthfully. If I don't have the information that you want, you will be wasting your time with me instead of catching the actual culprit. I will repair the damaged market stall myself, because, as last I saw, it was still incomplete. Supervise me yourselves if you think I'm going to run at that point. Also, check with the people at the guardhouse if you truly believe this was intentional. Do you really think that a criminal will try to undo his work by giving the head guard a key piece of evidence? I must have arrived there after you left. I was also at the station with another guard, a jungle Agori whose name I remember to be Tekmo. Talk it over with him if you don't know. If they wanted me, they would have been able to stop me from leaving the guardhouse, as they already know I am the pilot of this vehicle.

P.S. I know this message is going to be saved.

P.P.S. As far as I know, my only crime is that I'm a bad shot with Zamor spheres. Why would it count if the explosion was an accident?

OOC: Notice how I'm calling this event "Framed?" Arresting Akkitu is pointless. If you're going to destroy my characters like this, Nato, I may as well quit this RPG.

IC: Vrokdann - New Atero [Parking Lot]

She hurried towards her ship, the one with an ugly paint job and no actual name. She didn't hate that ship, she just didn't find it useful in any way, shape or form almost always. That she asked whether it would be necessary for her new job was an impressive showing of mercy for the poor ship, most certainly influenced by "Drendakk".

"Where is my weapon? Where is it?"

-I don't like how the guy's looking at us, Vrokdann...-

"And I don't like having to come back to this stupid thing but here we are! I'M LOOKING FOR IT!" she yelled at the tall, blue being that was most surely seizing this time to reconsider his decision of hiring her...

"WHERE ARE YOU INFERNAL DEVICE??!!! I'M GONNA TEAR THIS THING DOWN UNTIL I FIND YOU!!!"

-Wait, there it is!-

"Huh? Where?"

-On the seat...-

It was on the seat, unscathed.

"Oh right, I never use the storage space." she said, merely brushing aside the temporal blindness her rage brought upon her. "Here it is, just as when I used it way back when..."

-THERE'S NO TIME FOR FLASHBACKS! GO GET THE GUY! NOW!-

"No, wait, it was not this weapon what I used for that guy. Whatever, let's go!" she started running back to the being but then stopped. "Wait, how about...?"

-I see what you're thinking, and let me tell you: it's dumb.-

"HEY DUDE, I GOT THE WEAPON! BUT I WANT TO KNOW IF YOU'D LIKE THE SHIP'S AMMO TOO! THEY'RE CORROSIVE SPHERES!" she yelled at the tall, blue being again, only aggravating his endless irritation. "I CAN TAKE THEM IF YOU WANT TO! DO YOU?!"

[sigfig in tunnel]

"I don't underst- wait, are you saying you've found a dead body?"

"Save your excuses for your interrogation." The lead guard, having skimmed Akkitu's note, handed it off to his companion, "Now please, step away from the vehicle and surrender yourself into our custody. Don't make me ask you again." 

OOC: Akkitu isn't being 'framed', and I'm not trying to 'destroy your character'. I'm sorry if you feel that way, Laval, but actions have consequences. In this case, the action was your character dropping bombs on a marketplace full of civilians. Property was damaged, and people were hurt, and even though it might have been an accident, that doesn't mean there are no repercussions. If you unintentionally run someone over with a car in real life, the police don't just let you walk free because it was an accident. 

Guards in this game aren't cardboard cutouts who stand by and do nothing when people break the law. It's the same reason that Tacitus has just been arrested for attacking Taurek in the street. Akkitu openly admitted to what he did, so arresting him isn't 'pointless'. The fact that he is now hiding behind one-way glass, not making any noise, and throwing things at the guards, is only making the situation worse for him. 

Without going into all of the details, none of the potential punishments I'm considering would result in your character being physically harmed or being removed from play for any amount of time. 

• Upvote 1

"I'm sorry, I believe I was asking her, not you. But very well." Tekmo turns back to Paju. "I can't pay you with Tesara's money... but I can pay you with mine. What is your... usual rate?"

Tekmo contemplated whether or not bringing this 'skilled pilot; along would be worth not eating tonight.

IC: Waveahk (New Atero Trading Sector)

"THAT'S A-THAT'S A SOLID NO, I'M AFRAID." Waveahk yelled before taking yet more glugs from the cylinder.

A wanted man. This new world was truly strange, one in which a Turaga could he considered a criminal to be brought to justice. Idly, their mind turned to a memory of an immense city and it's robotic law enforcement drones. The name of the city stubbornly refused to bring itself forward, however. Keeper wasn't even sure the memory was real.

They returned their thoughts to the present as they began to nibble at the tail of the tiny meat creature that'd killed in the desert.

"You are zzstrange to me, Gladitoran. Why do you shield the Zzeszzk from the zzsight of death? Zzsuch thingszz are a natural part of the world. The Great zzSpirit teacheszz..." They trailed off. The Great Spirit Mata Nui. What had brought that name to them? True though it was that some teachings of the Great Spirit had dealt with death, there had always been a duality to the lessons. A cycle. Death.... But then....

"The ZzStar!" They exclaimed, their gaze sweeping upwards to the sky, desperately searching for that dreadful red spot in the sky. Once more, dread and fear took hold of the Insectoid Rahi-Being. To the passing observer, it could be considered something of a comical image, this giant insect wearing a hat with a desert something hanging by a half chewed tail from it's mouth, gazing fearfully into the sky and keeping one hand securely upon it's weapons handle, as if ready to draw and fire upon whatever it was searching for so frightfully.

IC: Akkitu- Guards

"Fine then. Make it quick." The cockpit opened and Akkitu stepped out.

The guards began to walk him toward the station.

OOC: If it turns out that this goes to slowly, I WILL quit this game. I'm sorry if I sound like a whiner, but I have been kept up at night trying to think of ways to deal with this situation.

IC: Mirror - Tesara Guardhouse

Mere moments later, Mirror found himself back at the Guardhouse, where he informed the men standing guard he had "orders from the Captain" before approaching the cell again. "I've spoken with our Captain," he told the Vortixx. "She couldn't make it herself given she's still in recovery."

IC: Garuda - Tesara

"I don't know. Tilly wouldn't let me see. Would you please hurry?"

IC: Paju-Tesara Market

Paju thought realy hard. Tekmo seemed like a nice guy, and she didn't want to overcharge him if he was paying out of his own wallet. At the same time she felt like she couldn't turn him down, but there was always the chance someone else might come along with a better offer. 

"How long do you think it will take?"

OOC: This is really hard, I want her to go, but I also got to be real.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant