Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 10/18/2019 at 7:34 PM, Ironfist said:

--IC: Bacchus: The Wastes, en route to the Arena--

Much lower to the ground than his two peers, Bacchus trundled merrily along as fast as his little skyfighter would take him, leaving a trail of tossed-up sand and black smoke in his wake.  Every so often, he would look upward to catch Juno's distinctive striped Rockoh make some sort of course adjustment, an adjustment he would follow her in making very soon after.  Part of him wished that he could be higher up in the sky, feeling the wind on his face... and then the part of him that was afraid of heights shut that desire down completely.

IC: Juno - En Route to Arena

They seem to be keeping up quite well. Fantastic.

Juno could not help but wonder why it was Bacchus chose to cling so close to the ground. Was it a limitation that his ship possessed? Perhaps she could recommend him to a better mechanic that could supply him with a far better ship.

In any case, she gunned her controls, utilising the Rockoh's unique boost. They were getting quite close to the Arena now.

 


Corpus profiles: Rider Shield Eps Paladin Crate Thud Chief

 

Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Hadraeka - Tesara

"Mirror." Hadraeka said, having turned around to look directly at her fellow guard.

 

IC: Porangi - Tower Basement, New Atero

Porangi thought about this for a moment. A short moment. A couple seconds at most. It barely even constituted as thinking. It was really just putting the pieces together in his head and draw from them the inevitable conclusion. "Yes. Definitely. Absolutely. "

 

IC: Drukann - Landing at Arena

Drukann landed his craft in one of the usual spots, vaulting out of it and turning to look for Kastir, whom he presumed would land in short order as well.


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office)

He backed up further against the wall. "Journey to... th-the surface? You mean... you came from... the C-Chasm?" It was the natural conclusion, with the Agori's... state.

 

IC: Mirror - Tesara

He paused without turning. "Yes?"

 

IC: Kaenis - Wastes

Up ahead of her, Juno started pulling away as her Rockoh's engines flared. Not wanting to get behind, Kaenis also pushed the throttle, turning back to look at Bacchus below and behind her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (Tesara Airspace)

Tekmo did a fancy twirl in the air, then set off in the direction of the Black Spike Mountains, motioning for the others to follow him.

'Iron Never Dies'. Was a hoax? A threat? A warning? A boast? Regardless of whether or not there would be anything in the Mountains, Tekmo resolved he would not rest until those behind this attack were found, and brought to justice. His conviction was unfettered, ironclad... though he questioned the conviction of the others.

Paju seemed decent enough, but it was clear that she was only here because Tekmo had promised to pay her out of his own pocket. Which he didn't have the authority to do, but that bridge would be burned when they crossed it. But those only in it for the money tended to work for whomever offered the better deal.

Akkitu and he had gotten off to a rocky start, and that was before he was arrested for collateral damage during the attack. Tekmo couldn't question his courage and selflessness, but he could certainly question his judgement. He would have watch him to make sure he didn't do anything they'd all regret.

Tarutu had gotten off to an even worse start, though she had apologized for her prior outburst... though it still wasn't clear why she was coming along as well. Did she really regret her behaviour that much? Was she just trying to keep her kin safe? Or something less noble? Questions for later.

Tacitus was most certainly the biggest problem, both figuratively and literally. Not only was he bigger and no doubt stronger than Tekmo (physically, anyway), Tacitus was arrested for deliberately assaulting someone after the chaos had passed, whereas Akkitu was arrested for what was a well-intentioned mistake on his part. The only consolation here was that he had apparently done so in the misguided notion that his victim knew something about the attack he didn't, implying he wanted answers as much as Tekmo did. Fe enslaved a significant number of his own people, and it was suspected that remnants of their debased infrastructure were responsible for this atrocity. Perhaps he had come to the same conclusion he had. Perhaps he was simply a violent brute.

Oh well. In time, all truths would be revealed. If any of this motley crew began to actively work against him, they would be actively working against the Jungle Tribe of Tesara. And then the remnants would be the least of their concerns.

  • Like 1

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Hadraeka - Tesara

"What Silvana offered were potential answers to cold cases. But we can't afford to risk Tesara's safety for peace of mind. This settlement is depending on our resolve to do what needs to be done. And right now we need to keep our eyes on the problems at hand, problems that for now must outweigh finding truth."


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Onaku said:

IC: Porangi - Tower Basement, New Atero

Porangi thought about this for a moment. A short moment. A couple seconds at most. It barely even constituted as thinking. It was really just putting the pieces together in his head and draw from them the inevitable conclusion. "Yes. Definitely. Absolutely. "

GM IC: Doctor K - The Tower, Basement

"Excellent," the Kestora chittered, "It gets so lonely down here. It'll be nice to have someone less... screamy... to converse with."

12 hours ago, Click said:

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office)

He backed up further against the wall. "Journey to... th-the surface? You mean... you came from... the C-Chasm?" It was the natural conclusion, with the Agori's... state.

GM IC: Karzahni - Arkis' Office

"Is that what you call it?" The voice rasped, "Intriguing. I have so much to learn about this new world. But first... I spent centuries beneath Metru Nui, watching, learning, but I've never seen a being such as yourself... so what are you?" 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Mirror - Tesara

"I know..." he sighed. "But what if she's right, and we haven't saved ourselves from what's to come?"

 

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office)

Well, that settled it. This... thing wasn't from the world he knew. Arkis' instinct for self-preservation and his curiosity battled for a moment before he answered, "I... I'm a Glatorian. From... Spherus Magna."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Hadraeka - Tesara

"We prepare for the worst." Hadraeka simply said. "In fact, this is exactly the matter we should discuss with the Captain."

 

IC: Porangi - Tower Basement, New Atero

"Great!" Porangi, joyful as could be, simply stood for some moments in something of a power pose with a big dumb grin on his face, before finally turning back to Doctor K. "So do we go take care of that now, or-?"


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Rakin-New Atero, Blood Forge

Rakin took the tube and pulled it open and close, "That's it, thanks man!" He poured the apropriate amount of widgets on the table. "You know, I saw a soup place down the street, want to go?"

IC: Paju-Going on an adventure!

As she fell Paju saw the rest of the group taking off. She relaxed and let herself fall for a little longer, then leaned foreward and fired up the engine, pulling the ship into a roll.  Pulling into the correct angle, she hit the acelelerator and did a few more rolls as she pulled up to the rest of the group. "Hey everybody!"


I have control of an element you would never expect...

SURPRISE!

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Revenge-Melody-Booger-Danger-Punishment-Toxitora Junior

 

Skyrise: Ascent Charaters: Paju & The Element - Rakin - Kane-Oma & The Mukau

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Click said:

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office)

Well, that settled it. This... thing wasn't from the world he knew. Arkis' instinct for self-preservation and his curiosity battled for a moment before he answered, "I... I'm a Glatorian. From... Spherus Magna."

GM IC: Karzahni - Arkis' Office

"Spherus Magna," the plant's voice meticulously enunciated each syllable, acquainting itself with the unfamiliar words, "And is that the name of this world?"

3 hours ago, Onaku said:

IC: Porangi - Tower Basement, New Atero

"Great!" Porangi, joyful as could be, simply stood for some moments in something of a power pose with a big dumb grin on his face, before finally turning back to Doctor K. "So do we go take care of that now, or-?"

GM IC: Doctor K - The Tower, Basement

"Well, I'm supposed to still be upstairs on desk duty, and I believe the Commander and His Spikiness are busy with recent events, so an official appointment might have to wait."


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smudge8 said:

IC: Rakin-New Atero, Blood Forge

Rakin took the tube and pulled it open and close, "That's it, thanks man!" He poured the apropriate amount of widgets on the table. "You know, I saw a soup place down the street, want to go?"

IC: Kodran- New Atero, Blood Forge

"I don't see why not. Would do this body of mine some good to get out and deal with the fresh air and not have it be for a house call." Picking up the widgets, Kodran placed them into a small bag on his toolbelt before walking to the door. With a flick of his wrist, the sign was turned to say 'CLOSED', a small part pulled down to say 'OUT FOR LUNCH'.

"Shall we, sir?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Porangi - Tower Basement, New Atero

"Oh, ok... I guess we should head back upstairs then?"

 

IC: Oko - Soup Kitchen, New Atero

At this point the activity had died down for the most part. The soup line had come and gone, and people were now sitting and eating their soup. With little else to do but wait, Oko sighed and sat back in the chair behind the counter, taking out a parchment journal and his pen to start sketching.


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Paju-Skies outside Tesara

Paju pulled up next to Akkitu. "You can say that again!" She paused for a moment, looking up and down his Jetrax. "That's a pretty sweet ride you've got."

IC: Rakin-New atero

"Let's go then!" Rakin turned and started walking down the street, his monkey following close behind.

 

 


I have control of an element you would never expect...

SURPRISE!

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Revenge-Melody-Booger-Danger-Punishment-Toxitora Junior

 

Skyrise: Ascent Charaters: Paju & The Element - Rakin - Kane-Oma & The Mukau

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:Kodran- New Atero

The Glatorian followed, expression unreadable as he followed the military mechanic. A glance up to the sky allowed him to be lost in thought. Perhaps he should go out for a ride after their meal. Check and see if there's any repairs that would need him to travel....Hopefully not. He'd rather just have some smooth sailing...flying..whatever they call it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Mirror - Tesara

"Yes..." Mirror sighed. "We should... go."

 

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office)

"O-of course..." Arkis replied. "Ever since... ever since the giant robots came and brought the biomechanical people."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2019 at 8:41 AM, Nato the Traveler said:

GM IC: Flying Vorox - The Wastes

Hestala's attempt to trip her opponent seemed doomed to fail, as the Vorox's wings started buzzing as soon as it started to fall forward... but Kane-Oma's axe soon crashed down atop the ascending creature, bringing an abrupt end to its flight. 

The remaining Vorox were surrounding the Vista Baby, a few taking up defensive stances in preparation to fend off the inevitable attempt to reclaim the vessel. 

--IC: Hestala: The Wastes, somewhere between Cliffside and Tesara--

"Thank you, dahling," Hestala breathed as her rival's axe made short work of the Vorox.  She continued her charge on the rest of the buggers who had now encircled her oh-so-precious Vista Baby; pointing herself at the nearest one, she aimed a low blow at it, hoping to drive the point of her hook as deep into its leg as it would go.

 

-   -   -

 

On 10/20/2019 at 1:04 PM, Triple D said:

IC: Juno - En Route to Arena

They seem to be keeping up quite well. Fantastic.

Juno could not help but wonder why it was Bacchus chose to cling so close to the ground. Was it a limitation that his ship possessed? Perhaps she could recommend him to a better mechanic that could supply him with a far better ship.

In any case, she gunned her controls, utilising the Rockoh's unique boost. They were getting quite close to the Arena now.

 

On 10/20/2019 at 1:53 PM, Click said:

IC: Kaenis - Wastes

Up ahead of her, Juno started pulling away as her Rockoh's engines flared. Not wanting to get behind, Kaenis also pushed the throttle, turning back to look at Bacchus below and behind her.

--IC: Bacchus: The Wastes, en route to the Arena--

Poor little Bacchus.  The Horse with No Name couldn't keep up with his two friends' much faster, much newer Rockohs, no matter how hard he gunned the skyfighter's shabby engine.  It was very likely that he would be the last of the group to make landing at the Arena.  And he didn't like that thought; he always wanted to be the very first on the scene of any mystery.

 

More black smoke billowed up as the engines cranked; this was normal.  It had always let off a lot of black smoke.

 

-   -   -

 

--IC: Catina: Cliffside--

Amidst the general confusion and chaos that permeated Cliffside on a daily basis, those interested would notice the quiet arrival of a new figure in town.  He was a Glatorian, easy to miss with his nondescript gray armor and mundane, if rather large, weaponry.  But sharp eyes would observe that his hands were bloody; he had scaled the jagged cliffs to reach here all on his own.  No ship had helped him get to Cliffside, for he had no ship to help him.  All that was left of his was localized entirely over his shoulders.

 

He was a survivalist.  A knight errant.  A bodyguard.  A guide for those who wished to cross the Wastes.

 

He was all these and more.  And he was looking for work.

 

Surely there would be someone in this shanty city of miscreants, thugs, hooligans, and other general riffraff who was in need of some form of hired protection to ensure their own safety, his logic went.  He had skipped seeking employment in Tesara, as their guard force was more than adequate in keeping the entire population of the city safe.  And he would not go back to New Atero.  So aside from the odd wanderer in the Wastes, Cliffside was his best bet.

 

Wrapping his cut hands hastily in white cloths, which were immediately stained red, he shuffled over to the local bulletin board and pinned upon it the only piece of actual parchment he owned.  In scrawled letters, it read simply:

Quote

bodyguard/guide for hire.  minimum pay accepted.  inquire nearby.  -Catina

Any potential customers would be able to inquire very close nearby, as the lonely Glatorian slumped down upon the floor and against the wall to which the notice board was nailed.  He was a survivalist, a knight errant, a bodyguard, a guide- he was also very weary.  It had been a long trek.

 

--OOC:--

Local sadboy enters the fray.  Catina is Open for Interaction by the Cliffside notice board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ironfist said:

--IC: Hestala: The Wastes, somewhere between Cliffside and Tesara--

"Thank you, dahling," Hestala breathed as her rival's axe made short work of the Vorox.  She continued her charge on the rest of the buggers who had now encircled her oh-so-precious Vista Baby; pointing herself at the nearest one, she aimed a low blow at it, hoping to drive the point of her hook as deep into its leg as it would go.

GM IC: Flying Vorox - The Wastes

The Vorox shrieked in pain, slashing blindly back at Hestala with a rusty dagger. 

5 hours ago, Click said:

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office)

"O-of course..." Arkis replied. "Ever since... ever since the giant robots came and brought the biomechanical people."

GM IC: Karzahni - Arkis' Office

"So they all came here, embracing life and light... leaving me in the dark, with the nightmares they left behind."

A low groan escaped the Agori's throat. His eyes had bugged open, wide with pain and tears. He was conscious, but it appeared that the plant creature had fully seized control over the movement of his body. 

"Now tell me... Glatorian... is there fresh water on this world? All I saw outside was dust and rock, but there is life, so there must be water."


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kastir - Arriving at the Arena

It seemed they'd reached 'here'.

A part of Kastir's attention, of course, was on her parking, where it belonged; the larger part, however, was far more concerned with taking in every detail of her surroundings. It wouldn't be completely accurate to say that the arena was like nothing she'd ever seen; but it certainly stood out from any other place she'd visited. The giant's eyes were wide as they traced the monolith and its surroundings, committing every aspect of them to her memory. Details... she had always had an eye for the details, and it had served her well many times in the past. She imagined it would here, too.

Her heavy vehicle setting down with an audible thump just a short way behind Drukann's, the hunter waited a few moments while her engine cooled. Her employer, she could see was already out and turning her way; it was time to stop gawking, then, and get down to business. Shutting out any excess sentimentality - feelings she could afford in the day-to-day of life, but not when she was on a job - Kastir slipped her Akaku down over her face as she disembarked her own vehicle. While the mask covered most of her face, it couldn't quite hide her intimidatingly toothy maw; but that didn't prevent it from instantly springing active, stripping away the layers of rock before the giant's eyes to reveal far more of her surroundings than had been evident to her a moment ago.

Her tone, as she addressed Drukann, was noticeably more businesslike than it had been back in Cliffside.

"I see no-one else here yet; doesn't mean there's no-one living at all, but not in our immediate vicinity."

She glanced at her boss, not at all fazed by the way the mask let her see everything down to the mechanical skeleton at the core of his being.

"You should lead the way."

 

IC: Littiuu - Setting down in the Tesara Marketplace

Was something up?

Speeding into Tesara on her jetpack, the Ta-girl couldn't help but notice that something particular, at least, seemed to be going on. A motley collection of four different vehicles had sprung forth from the settlement during the time it had taken her to close the distance; and from behind her mask, Littiuu watched them go. She could make out few details from this distance, but though the four - or five? She thought she spied someone else on a jetpack in their midst, but couldn't be sure - seemed to be travelling together, there was no uniformity amongst them.

That might not have meant anything, per se. Travellers came and went from Tesara all the time, and what if a few of them had decided to hook up for whatever reason? Certainly wasn't any of her business... but that didn't mean, still, that the matoran's curiosity wasn't piqued. Her gaze continued to follow the unlikely group until they were just specks on the horizon, before turning her gaze downwards. She had to be over the main marketplace by now, she'd find a place to land, and...

The thought trailed off as Littiuu received quite a nasty shock. She was, indeed, over the marketplace... and it looked remarkably like a bomb had gone off at one end of it. The Ta-Matoran's mouth worked for a moment, though no words emerged, as she took in blast craters, shredded stalls, bits of debris, and a somewhat subdued air to those who still went about their business in the marketplace. It was a mess... and Littiuu didn't waste time gaping at the damage. Dropping swiftly to the ground, she ran over to the nearest being she could see, waving to get his, her or its attention.

For once, her ever-present good cheer was conspicuously absent.

"What happened here? Is everyone okay?"

 

OOC: Littiuu is still open to interaction; anyone can be the person who she's addressing ^^

 

IC: Tarutu - In flight

If Tarutu had known what was passing through Tekmo's head, at least so far as it concerned her, she certainly might have objected. She wouldn't deny, granted, that her reasons for being here were certainly not entirely altruistic - although if someone had to have a hand in preserving this Mata Nui-forsaken wasteland, it might as well be her - but she certainly had no intention of sabotaging the mission, or making life difficult for the guard... for as long, at least, as their interests didn't conflict.

No, she simply smelled profit to be made in the process.

Blissfully unaware, however, of the thoughts of their 'fearless leader', Tarutu simply maintained position, keeping to her own thoughts. She could see Paju and the Ko-Matoran she'd spoken with after the battle drifting close to each other to exchange words, but made no attempt to join in; even if she had tried, such effort would have been futile as anything she tried to add would be lost in the roaring of the Lucky Find's engine.

As it so often did when she was surrounded by nothing but accursed desert on all sides, the Ga-Matoran found her mind drifting back to her true love; the oceans and shores of Ga-Wahi. They had been sandy, too, but there the similarities stopped; Ga-Wahi's beaches had been gently shaped by the lapping waves, its shoreline littered with bamboo and harakeke and plants of many kinds. The ocean had been cool and inviting, and she once again longed to immerse herself in its clean, live-giving waters. And of course, the village of Ga-Koro, the jewel of Naho Bay...

She missed it terribly.

It was gone, of course, and Tarutu knew she should just get over that fact. But she had loved the ocean, and the village of water, like nothing else before or since. If there had been any chance, any chance at all, to clean and resculpt even the tiniest portion of Aqua Magna's polluted expanse into the likeness of the home that was lost to her, Tarutu would have thrown her all into that in a heartbeat. As it was... all she could do, was make do.

The desert continued to speed by beneath her as she brooded over such thoughts.

 

IC: Alarei - New Atero, Soup Kitchen

And... done.

She knew now, had stored away in her sharp memory, the location of each home on this street that belonged to Skrall who had been a part of the confrontation; and had taken particular care to note which one Tuma had entered. He, after all, was the mastermind behind the decision to condemn the Sisters to the wasteland, so many, many, many years before her time. While all Skrall bore some degree of responsibility for agreeing to that decision, it was their so-called glorious leader who carried the rock lion's share of blame; and Alarei had already decided that she was going to take a great deal of satisfaction in administering that justice to him.

Just as soon as she decided what form that justice was going to take.

Still. Content with her day's work, the young Sister of the Skrall had been preparing to return to her own corner of the streets - the dump where she had been camping out, ever since arriving in New Atero maybe a couple weeks prior, could hardly be called a 'home' - when a soft growl disturbed her thoughts, prompting a wince from the youngster. So far, she'd managed to do fairly well in providing for herself, stealing food whenever she felt she could get away with it, but for the last day or so it had proved harder for her to do so. She was hungry, there was no denying it. But she would make do, she had to; her self-assigned mission of vengeance was too important to abandon, even for--

Soup?

She paused in her tracks, gaze falling upon a sign that she had failed to notice before now. Her stomach insisted again at the reminder of food, her eyes remaining fixed on one line in particular.

First bowl free.

Free, as in, free free?

That was all the prompting she needed; the girl abruptly changed direction to head straight into the soup kitchen. Behind the counter was a... well, she didn't rightly know what he was, these bio-mechanical people were still new and strange to Alarei. But if he was the one in charge here, she wasn't going to ask too many questions.

"Is your soup really free?"

Except for that one. Her tone was direct, and carried with it a noticeable accent; one that was common enough amongst her tribe of Sisters, but that she hadn't heard anyone else carry since entering New Atero. Her expression, the matoran would note if he looked at her, was an attempt at being guarded, but an inexpert one that betrayed her hope that the sign indeed hadn't lied.

 

OOC: Alarei has approached Oko.

Edited by Darth Jaller

LhikanLow.gif

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

---

Corpus Rahkshi bio: Blizzard / Skyrise bios: Tarutu, Kastir, Littiuu, Alarei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kane-Oma-Wastes

Kane-Oma lifted his axe, swung it around, and brought it back down on the Vorox he had just hit, which he was assuming was the leader, since it had been speaking for the group. 

IC: Rakin-New Atero, Soup shop

As Rakin aproached he noticed that, thankfully, there wasn't a line. He politely stepped up behind Alarei to wait his turn.


I have control of an element you would never expect...

SURPRISE!

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Revenge-Melody-Booger-Danger-Punishment-Toxitora Junior

 

Skyrise: Ascent Charaters: Paju & The Element - Rakin - Kane-Oma & The Mukau

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2019 at 6:28 AM, Ironfist said:

--IC: Bacchus: The Wastes, en route to the Arena--

Poor little Bacchus.  The Horse with No Name couldn't keep up with his two friends' much faster, much newer Rockohs, no matter how hard he gunned the skyfighter's shabby engine. 

On 10/20/2019 at 7:53 PM, Click said:

IC: Kaenis - Wastes

Up ahead of her, Juno started pulling away as her Rockoh's engines flared. Not wanting to get behind, Kaenis also pushed the throttle, turning back to look at Bacchus below and behind her.

IC: Juno - The Arena

In spite of Bacchus falling behind, Juno's Rockoh came to a slow, and then eventually to a stop. They'd arrived, finally.  The masked adventurer excitedly exited the vehicle, only to pause.

"It seems we are not the first ones here." There was a clear intonation of disappointment in her voice. 


Corpus profiles: Rider Shield Eps Paladin Crate Thud Chief

 

Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Sorry about the wait, been a little busy.

IC: Armani - Top of the Tower

She smiled a little. "Ah. The younger generation can forget what has come before, Your Spikiness, but they are what comes after. While I think it is important to remember the lessons history has taught us... perhaps some things are better left in the past."

Her smile slipped a little. "I do worry, however, about these informants. I do not wish to doubt the Commander, but... surely, he would be able to tell us more?"

~

IC: Matilda - Bakery

"Oh. Well, you're sounding way more clear these days. Must be all the practice."


Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office)

"N-not much... most of it... well, it's poisoned." Arkis was eyeing the Agori, not sure what to make of it. "Most of it comes from... um... perhaps we should... get you out of there?"

 

IC: Kaenis - The Arena

Kaenis came in for a smooth landing not long after Juno. Even before the landing gear had fully settled, Kaenis had flipped from her seat and pulled out her machete in one smooth motion. She crouched low behind Juno, searching the Arena for movement, a low growl building in her throat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Oko - Soup Kitchen

Noticing Alarei's approach, Oko had put his journal and pen away before she asked her question. "Yes, first bowl's free."

Oko stood up and took out an empty bowl, gesturing to it and the pot of soup. "I presume you want one then?"

 

IC: Drukann - Arena

Drukann nodded, before turning and noticing the aircraft coming in for a landing. "Looks like we're not alone."

The fire skakdi stepped forward, slipping his brass knuckles onto his fingers before coming to a stop mid-way between his and Kaenis' ships and the newcomers ships. He stood there, making no indication that he was going to attack them, but standing firm all the same and keeping his eyes firmly affixed on them. "Who are you?! What's your business here?!"

 

IC: Porangi - The Tower, New Atero

Porangi simply followed Doctor K back upstairs.

 

IC: Hadraeka - Tesara

Hadraeka nodded and took her first step forward. "Lets get to it then."


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2019 at 6:23 AM, Nato the Traveler said:

GM IC: Flying Vorox - The Wastes

The Vorox shrieked in pain, slashing blindly back at Hestala with a rusty dagger. 

 

On 10/24/2019 at 10:52 AM, Smudge8 said:

IC: Kane-Oma-Wastes

Kane-Oma lifted his axe, swung it around, and brought it back down on the Vorox he had just hit, which he was assuming was the leader, since it had been speaking for the group. 

--IC: Hestala: The Wastes, somewhere between Cliffside and Tesara--

The Vorox managed to get a few nicks in on Hestala, but they either hit her armor or were too shallow to cause any lasting damage.  The Vortixx woman then yanked her hook out of her adversary's leg in a horizontal line, aiming to tear through muscle so as to cripple the creature, before aiming a blunt swing at its head, the stinger wound on her shoulder still aching.

 

"Over here, dahling!" she called to her rival, who seemed to be predisposed with whacking the Vorox that they had already taken care of.  "Get them!"  She pointed at the creatures that were still approaching the Vista Baby before charging at the next one and aiming a blunt thrust at its midsection.

 

-   -   -

 

22 hours ago, Triple D said:

IC: Juno - The Arena

In spite of Bacchus falling behind, Juno's Rockoh came to a slow, and then eventually to a stop. They'd arrived, finally.  The masked adventurer excitedly exited the vehicle, only to pause.

"It seems we are not the first ones here." There was a clear intonation of disappointment in her voice. 

 

6 hours ago, Click said:

IC: Kaenis - The Arena

Kaenis came in for a smooth landing not long after Juno. Even before the landing gear had fully settled, Kaenis had flipped from her seat and pulled out her machete in one smooth motion. She crouched low behind Juno, searching the Arena for movement, a low growl building in her throat.

 

4 hours ago, Onaku said:

IC: Drukann - Arena

Drukann nodded, before turning and noticing the aircraft coming in for a landing. "Looks like we're not alone."

The fire skakdi stepped forward, slipping his brass knuckles onto his fingers before coming to a stop mid-way between his and Kaenis' ships and the newcomers ships. He stood there, making no indication that he was going to attack them, but standing firm all the same and keeping his eyes firmly affixed on them. "Who are you?! What's your business here?!"

--IC: Bacchus: The Arena--

As was to be expected, Bacchus was the very last to arrive at the Arena.  The Horse with No Name puttered on ever slower and ever lower until its nose skidded into the sand, sending the Rock Agori tumbling headfirst into a dune.  Believe it or not, that was how he normally dismounted his skyfighter.  Uninjured, he dusted himself off and slung his backpack- containing his Thornax fruit supply in case things went south- over his shoulder and his Thornax launcher on his hip, patted his pockets to make sure his notebook and pipeweed were still there, filled his pipe with said pipeweed, and trundled on into the Arena.

 

His initial awe at the magnificent, ancient architecture was shoved to the metaphorical back burner as he caught sight of his friends... and two other folks.  Shock!  Disappointment!  A third adjective!  Not only was he not the first on the scene for this beacon mystery, but he and his crew weren't even the only ones here!  It looked like somebody was trying to encroach on his investigation!

 

Getting a running start, Bacchus slid on his heels across the sand and stopped right in between his friends' Rockohs and the confrontational-looking red Skakdi, striking a pose with his pelvis out and his hand on his launcher's handle.  He had only heard the last part of the newcomer's inquiry, the part about what their business was.  "I could ask you the same question, ol' buddy chum friend pally-pal," he answered dramatically.  (He waved excitedly to Juno and Kaenis immediately after.)

 

--OOC:--

Bacchus has finally arrived on the scene, and is talking to Drukann.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Drukann - Arena

"Maybe... but being that I asked first, perhaps you could do me the courtesy of answering first. Who are you people?" 


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Onaku said:

IC: Drukann - Arena

"Maybe... but being that I asked first, perhaps you could do me the courtesy of answering first. Who are you people?" 

--IC: Bacchus: The Arena--

In reply, Bacchus clapped a hand to his chest, clearly showboating a little.  "Forsooth!" he declared.  "I am Bacchus, renowned investigator of New Atero!  With me are Kaenis the explorer, and Juno the... map... dealer."  He stumbled a little as he realized that he didn't actually know Juno's formal occupation, but recovered quickly.  "And we're here to answer a call!  The call of a mystery!  The call that was placed into our hands and other assorted graspers by way of a mysterious missive, beckoning us toward a beacon and a puzzle awaiting us at this very Arena!  It's a mystery that we fully intend to solve, so if you're here for the same reason we are, I highly suggest you back off, buster.  This is our mystery!"

 

As he rambled in his announcement, he took the opportunity to size up the newcomer.  (Skakdi.  Red and orange coloration indicates a fire-based elemental affinity, blue eyes indicate impact vision ability.  Muscular frame and rough hands suggests much time spent exercising, mostly by way of fighting.  Something in posture and speech lends credence to lots of time spent drinking.)

Edited by Ironfist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Drukann - Arena

Drukann chuckled to himself. "I don't know if you noticed, but we arrived here first. I really don't see why you would get any greater claim on this mystery than us." Drukann sighed, his smile giving way to a more serious expression. "All of that aside though, I gotta say... despite your confrontational nature, I actually find this encounter of ours somewhat fortuitous. The way you three act will decide if I keep feeling that way."


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2019 at 1:52 AM, Smudge8 said:

IC: Kane-Oma-Wastes

Kane-Oma lifted his axe, swung it around, and brought it back down on the Vorox he had just hit, which he was assuming was the leader, since it had been speaking for the group. 

20 hours ago, Ironfist said:

--IC: Hestala: The Wastes, somewhere between Cliffside and Tesara--

"Over here, dahling!" she called to her rival, who seemed to be predisposed with whacking the Vorox that they had already taken care of.  "Get them!"  She pointed at the creatures that were still approaching the Vista Baby before charging at the next one and aiming a blunt thrust at its midsection.

 

GM IC: Flying Vorox - Wastes

The duo felled their respective targets, prompting the remaining Vorox to take to the air and scatter. Having lost several of their number, the creatures were clearly reconsidering their strategy... but they weren't retreating yet. 

Buzzing aloft at a safe distant, one of the Vorox pulled a horn from its belt. A rough, screeching note rang out across the sands as the Vorox blew upon it... and a second call soon issued in response, originating from the direction the Vorox had originally arrived from.

Evidently, the creatures were summoning reinforcements. 

On 10/25/2019 at 10:04 PM, ZippyWharrgarbl said:

IC: Armani - Top of the Tower

Her smile slipped a little. "I do worry, however, about these informants. I do not wish to doubt the Commander, but... surely, he would be able to tell us more?"

GM IC: Hakkzan - The Tower.

"The Commander is entitled to his secrets," Hakkzan shrugged, "As are we all." 

On 10/26/2019 at 3:52 AM, Click said:

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office)

"N-not much... most of it... well, it's poisoned." Arkis was eyeing the Agori, not sure what to make of it. "Most of it comes from... um... perhaps we should... get you out of there?"

GM IC: Karzahni - Arkis' Office

"Why? Where?" The Agori took a shaky step towards Arkis, "You felt comfortable cutting another sentient being open in this place, so you don't fear eavesdropping or interference. Perhaps it is me you fear?" 

On 10/26/2019 at 5:52 AM, Onaku said:

IC: Porangi - The Tower, New Atero

Porangi simply followed Doctor K back upstairs.

GM IC: Doctor K/Coyle - The Tower

Passing through the foyer, Doctor K led Porangi up the next flight of stairs towards the summit. Partway up, he stopped, shuffling aside to let Commander Coyle pass on his way down. The Skrall stopped, his gaze drifting from the Kestora to the Zyglak. He looked about to ask some kind of question, before deciding better of it, and continuing on his way.

17 hours ago, Onaku said:

IC: Drukann - Arena

Drukann chuckled to himself. "I don't know if you noticed, but we arrived here first. I really don't see why you would get any greater claim on this mystery than us."

GM IC: The Arena

The Arena looked exactly as Drukann would remember it from his previous visit. For those who might have been seeing it for the first time, the stories and descriptions they may have heard didn't quite do it justice. There were no words to truly describe the unspoken aura of power and untapped potential that occupied the site, no explanation for the way it endured for so long in such a savage place. 

It was an open, circular expanse, with a floor of something that looked like stone but wasn't, half-covered in a layer of coarse sand from the desert, and acrid ash from The Chasm. It was ringed by an array of stone columns, seven in total, with smaller, headstone-like protrusions interspersed evenly between them. In the centre stood an oversized ovular dais, engraved with the sigil of the three virtues. Strange writing of a language that even bearers of a Kanohi Rau hadn't been able to decipher was etched into the outside of the dais. 

Edited by Nato the Traveler

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ironfist said:

--IC: Bacchus: The Arena--

In reply, Bacchus clapped a hand to his chest, clearly showboating a little.  "Forsooth!" he declared.  "I am Bacchus, renowned investigator of New Atero!  With me are Kaenis the explorer, and Juno the... map... dealer."  He stumbled a little as he realized that he didn't actually know Juno's formal occupation, but recovered quickly. 

13 hours ago, Onaku said:

IC: Drukann - Arena

Drukann chuckled to himself. "I don't know if you noticed, but we arrived here first. I really don't see why you would get any greater claim on this mystery than us." Drukann sighed, his smile giving way to a more serious expression. "All of that aside though, I gotta say... despite your confrontational nature, I actually find this encounter of ours somewhat fortuitous. The way you three act will decide if I keep feeling that way."

IC: Juno - Arena

"I do more than maps. I'm an explorer, in the truest sense." She corrected Bacchus, moving her gaze to Drukann.

"That is a very thinly veiled threat, Skakdi." Juno remarked, eyes suddenly focused on Drukann. Something in her look would likely disconcert him, as if her eyes were boring through his brain, probing him. 

These people were distracting her from enjoying the view of the Arena, and that was a very bad move. 

On 10/25/2019 at 1:04 PM, ZippyWharrgarbl said:

IC: Matilda - Bakery

"Oh. Well, you're sounding way more clear these days. Must be all the practice."

IC: Voyin - Bakery

"Thank you." She said, gratefully. "I try. Hopefully, rest of tribe can follow example, hmm?"

On 10/23/2019 at 6:44 PM, Darth Jaller said:

IC: Littiuu - Setting down in the Tesara Marketplace

Was something up?

Speeding into Tesara on her jetpack, the Ta-girl couldn't help but notice that something particular, at least, seemed to be going on. A motley collection of four different vehicles had sprung forth from the settlement during the time it had taken her to close the distance; and from behind her mask, Littiuu watched them go. She could make out few details from this distance, but though the four - or five? She thought she spied someone else on a jetpack in their midst, but couldn't be sure - seemed to be travelling together, there was no uniformity amongst them.

That might not have meant anything, per se. Travellers came and went from Tesara all the time, and what if a few of them had decided to hook up for whatever reason? Certainly wasn't any of her business... but that didn't mean, still, that the matoran's curiosity wasn't piqued. Her gaze continued to follow the unlikely group until they were just specks on the horizon, before turning her gaze downwards. She had to be over the main marketplace by now, she'd find a place to land, and...

The thought trailed off as Littiuu received quite a nasty shock. She was, indeed, over the marketplace... and it looked remarkably like a bomb had gone off at one end of it. The Ta-Matoran's mouth worked for a moment, though no words emerged, as she took in blast craters, shredded stalls, bits of debris, and a somewhat subdued air to those who still went about their business in the marketplace. It was a mess... and Littiuu didn't waste time gaping at the damage. Dropping swiftly to the ground, she ran over to the nearest being she could see, waving to get his, her or its attention.

For once, her ever-present good cheer was conspicuously absent.

"What happened here? Is everyone okay?"

 

OOC: Littiuu is still open to interaction; anyone can be the person who she's addressing ^^

IC: Calidus Serpico - At the crime scene (Tesara)

"That's something we're still trying to figure out for ourselves, friendo." 

The person that Littiuu addressed was currently on one knee, seeming to be tying a shoelace. "I need to get some of those fancy elastic laces, man." He said, squinting as he fastened the shoelace on his astoundingly clean and white shoe. He muttered as he tied the lace, a sigh of relief indicated he'd finally done it. It had been years, and yet he still struggled.

Standing up, and turning to face the Ta-Matoran, the figure scratched the back of his head. The dark green skin and similarly short stature to herself indicated that he was an Agori, a Jungle Agori to be exact.  "Haven't had the chance to check in with some of my buddies at the station yet. My current bet is a terrorist attack. Don't know who, not many people have beef with this town. But I'm planning on finding out." 

He brushed his mullet back, before taking a hand out of his jacket pocket, showing her his badge. "Calidus Serpico. Tesara Guardsman."

Edited by Triple D

Corpus profiles: Rider Shield Eps Paladin Crate Thud Chief

 

Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Drukann - Arena

Drukann knew better than to meet the gaze of a member of Juno's species, though he did give her a brief look over before moving his eyes back to her two compatriots. "I'd prefer to call it a warning. Whether anything will come of it is up to you. We can avoid unpleasantries. We could even work together here, it seems we have a similar goal. I have no quarrel with any of you." One of Drukann's brass knuckles ignited with flame that wreathed his fist. "And I would advise you do not change this."

 

IC: Porangi - The Tower, New Atero

Porangi blinked, his eyes watching the receding figure of Coyle for a moment before turning back to Doctor K, speaking in a hushed voice so that only he could hear. "Who's that guy?"


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Mirror - Tesara Medical Tent

Mirror nodded back and set off back into town, and a short time later they found themselves in the center of the marketplace ruins. Mirror tried to keep his eyes focused on the tent across the square.

 

IC: Kaenis - Arena

As she looked around, Kaenis' eyes quickly snapped to the approaching Skakdi, and she watched him warily from behind Juno, hardly moving, waiting for him to make the first move. And then his fist ignited, and she practically felt her body tear in two directions, the animalistic instinct to fight or fly, but the will to flinch won out, and she ducked further behind Juno, the snarl building in her throat again.

 

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office)

Even before his answer, Arkis flinching back against the wall at the Agori's approach seemed to show his feelings. "It is only natural to... well, fear the unknown..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Onaku said:

IC: Porangi - The Tower, New Atero

Porangi blinked, his eyes watching the receding figure of Coyle for a moment before turning back to Doctor K, speaking in a hushed voice so that only he could hear. "Who's that guy?"

GM IC: Doctor K - The Tower

"This Commander Coyle, the military leader. Not my favourite being."

3 hours ago, Click said:

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office)

Even before his answer, Arkis flinching back against the wall at the Agori's approach seemed to show his feelings. "It is only natural to... well, fear the unknown..."

GM IC: Karzahni - Arkis' Office

"Well, I suppose that's only natural. Fear is what I was made and named for. If you wish to flee, than go ahead." 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kastir - The Arena

The welcoming committee was... a surprise.

You wouldn't know it, to look at her; behind her mask, the giant's face was stoic, regarding her boss' interaction with the three strangers. It wasn't, perhaps, the way she would have handled the situation... the thought flittered through Kastir's mind for but a moment, before being extinguished. Differences of approach, differences of opinion... but hardly productive to voice, so long as he was boss and she was employee. Nonetheless, she stepped up to join the potential brewing confrontation, her hulking form towering over all those present.

If she had been taking her time with acknowledging the new arrivals, it had been only because she was still scanning the Arena with both her natural eyes and her Akaku's enhanced vision. Rarely one to be rendered speechless or awestruck, there was no denying the aura of power that radiated out of the massive structure, and Kastir had wanted to take in all that she could. Now, though, her attention had firmly been drawn to the little gathering.

Another one of those organic little guys, though this one a bit more together than the one they'd left behind in Capstone. And representatives of two other species, both of which she recognised, neither of which she could put a name to right now.

Was it going to come down to a fight? The prospect was neither embraced, nor shied away from; if it happened, it happened. Would be a waste though, for sure. Particularly if, as Drukann had hinted, they did need a third party member... they had three ready choices right here, so long as none of them killed each other.

But, for the moment, she declined to speak. For now, she would simply back up Drukann's position; sometimes, just looking silent and menacing could be a tool all on its own.

 

IC: Alarei - New Atero, Soup Kitchen

"Yeah."

Her gaze followed his hand to the empty bowl, and didn't leave it except for a swift dart towards the soup pot as it was indicated. Her stomach gnawed silently at the sight and smell of food, so close to her now, and the youngster found herself barely noticing anything else around her. An agori marching band could have stormed the building and started playing right next to her ear, and still she wouldn't have had attention for anything but the soup, and her eagerness to gulp it down. It was only as the moment dragged on that the Sister realised the kitchen worker might have been waiting for something else.

"I mean... please."

The word sounded almost as though it were a foreign one on her tongue. Ignoring that fact, however, she held out eager hands for the bowl.

 

IC: Littiuu - Tesara Marketplace

"Terrorists?"

That was what he'd said, she didn't need to repeat it; but somehow, Littiuu found herself uttering the word, too. On the one hand, it shouldn't surprise her so much; she had, after all, lived through the last war where Tesara's open-doors policy had been used against them to some extent... and if someone was trying to re-open old hostilities, there was hardly a better place to start. Even as the analytical part of her mind, the part that had made her a good guard on her home island, registered these facts, however, her upbeat and optimistic nature was already trying to push them down. That was silly to think, after all: no-one out here would want to restart a war, and even if they did? Who on Spherus Magna would want to target the haven of beauty and tranquillity that was Tesara?

"I'm sure that can't be it. Maybe it was an accident-- oh, or maybe it was because of a case of mistaken identity! I was involved in one of those, once."

She frowned slightly at the memory.

"Not fun."

The agori she'd addressed, though - who, in spite of his short stature, was still a smidge taller than her - was planning to find out; and as he introduced himself and flashed his guardsman's badge, she reached a snap decision, her cheerful nature once again rearing its head.

"I'd like to know, too; do you mind if I tag along?" She drew herself up smartly, matching his introduction with one of her own. "Littiuu, freelance bodyguard."

Edited by Darth Jaller

LhikanLow.gif

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

---

Corpus Rahkshi bio: Blizzard / Skyrise bios: Tarutu, Kastir, Littiuu, Alarei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Hadraeka - Tesara Marketplace

Hadraeka silently walked alongside Mirror, her dark figure towering over most other people present. Her teal eyes scanned over the damaged marketplace, narrowing before looking straight forward again, at the tent she and her fellow guardsman were heading toward.

 

IC: Oko - Soup Kitchen, New Atero

Oko poured out a generous bowl of soup and handed it over to Alarei. "Here you go, one bowl of soup. If you want any more it'll be just two widgets for an extra bowl."

 

IC: Porangi - The Tower, New Atero

"Oh... why is that?" Porangi asked curiously.


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Darth Jaller said:

IC: Littiuu - Tesara Marketplace

"Terrorists?"

That was what he'd said, she didn't need to repeat it; but somehow, Littiuu found herself uttering the word, too. On the one hand, it shouldn't surprise her so much; she had, after all, lived through the last war where Tesara's open-doors policy had been used against them to some extent... and if someone was trying to re-open old hostilities, there was hardly a better place to start. Even as the analytical part of her mind, the part that had made her a good guard on her home island, registered these facts, however, her upbeat and optimistic nature was already trying to push them down. That was silly to think, after all: no-one out here would want to restart a war, and even if they did? Who on Spherus Magna would want to target the haven of beauty and tranquillity that was Tesara?

"I'm sure that can't be it. Maybe it was an accident-- oh, or maybe it was because of a case of mistaken identity! I was involved in one of those, once."

She frowned slightly at the memory.

"Not fun."

The agori she'd addressed, though - who, in spite of his short stature, was still a smidge taller than her - was planning to find out; and as he introduced himself and flashed his guardsman's badge, she reached a snap decision, her cheerful nature once again rearing its head.

"I'd like to know, too; do you mind if I tag along?" She drew herself up smartly, matching his introduction with one of her own. "Littiuu, freelance bodyguard."

4 hours ago, Onaku said:

IC: Hadraeka - Tesara Marketplace

Hadraeka silently walked alongside Mirror, her dark figure towering over most other people present. Her teal eyes scanned over the damaged marketplace, narrowing before looking straight forward again, at the tent she and her fellow guardsman were heading toward.

On 10/26/2019 at 7:21 PM, Click said:

IC: Mirror - Tesara Medical Tent

Mirror nodded back and set off back into town, and a short time later they found themselves in the center of the marketplace ruins. Mirror tried to keep his eyes focused on the tent across the square.

IC: Calidus Serpico - At The Crime Scene (Tesara)

The guardsman raised an eyebrow, putting his badge away back in the pocket. "Contractor, huh? Get much work?"

He didn't wait for a response. "Attack was unprovoked, as far as we can tell. Folks fought back, though, couple of freelancer types helped take out some of the perps. But, as you can see for yourself-" Calidus waved his hand around, a grim look in his eyes. "Weren't quick enough to stop them from wrecking a good deal of this place first." 

He sighed, though Littiuu might sense that there was more anger than sadness in the expression. "As for taggin' along, you're welcome to, but my buddies aren't as loose lipped as I am. Chances are they won't tell you much so long as you're not on the payroll." 

Seeing a few of his fellow guardsmen (Mirror and Hydraeka) he waved them over, gaze still on the shorter Ta-Matoran. Perhaps they wouldn't even have to visit the station to get some better answers.

On 10/26/2019 at 6:37 PM, Onaku said:

IC: Drukann - Arena

Drukann knew better than to meet the gaze of a member of Juno's species, though he did give her a brief look over before moving his eyes back to her two compatriots. "I'd prefer to call it a warning. Whether anything will come of it is up to you. We can avoid unpleasantries. We could even work together here, it seems we have a similar goal. I have no quarrel with any of you." One of Drukann's brass knuckles ignited with flame that wreathed his fist. "And I would advise you do not change this."

8 hours ago, Darth Jaller said:

IC: Kastir - The Arena

But, for the moment, she declined to speak. For now, she would simply back up Drukann's position; sometimes, just looking silent and menacing could be a tool all on its own.

IC: Juno - The Arena

Fighting was not something the hypnotic enjoyed. It was often an inevitability when conflicting parties wanted the same thing, but she wasn't much for doing so. 

Yet, this idiot insisted on quite literally stoking the flames by turning his already quite clear threat into a blatant one. She wasn't a violent person, but when it came to blocking her from the wonders of the world, she was quite willing to swing her hatchet to make a message clear. 

Nevertheless, Juno softened her gaze beneath the Volitak. She was still on edge, but the mystery of the Arena was far more important than this posturing buffoon.

"What brings you to this Arena, then?" She addressed the both of the strangers, though her look was on the larger being. She didn't want to give the Skakdi the time of day.

 

 

 


Corpus profiles: Rider Shield Eps Paladin Crate Thud Chief

 

Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Drukann - Arena

"We're here to figure out the Arena's mystery, one way or another... but..." Drukann sighed. He looked the three strangers over before closing his eyes and extinguishing his fist.

"If we're here on the same business, then hostility isn't necessary. I'm hoping you can understand, but in the volatile climate of this wasteland, one becomes accustomed to having to show strength to survive. I am sincere when I say that I meant no threat. To any of you." Drukann's gaze had at this point softened as he looked at the strangers.

"Perhaps we can start this over on a bit more amicable note. My name is Drukann."


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Keeper - Tesara Markets:

They followed the peculiar Matoran, carefully taking in their surroundings as they went. The city was  busy, and although there was some part of Keeper that yearned for the closeness and the bustle that came with civilisation they also knew that that part of themself could be dangerous. Folk tended to give the insectoid a wide berth however, so navigating was generally easy and u concerning.

 

IC Temujin - Tesara skies:

Even in an evening sky full of oranges and pinks, the Orange Bandit stuck out as it tore across the skies above Tesara. Once more, the flight had been long but uneventful for the Iron Glatorian. And once more it would soon be time for it to end. He angled down toward the green Mesa as he prepared to come in for a landing.


Corpus Rahkshi Profiles!

Kat Grim Diode Burn Percy

Aza and Ezec Pentaghast


CORPUS RAHKSHI APPROVED CHARACTERS


Corpus Rahkshi Discord

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Mirror - Tesara Marketplace

Despite his best efforts, Mirror's attention was drawn away by a waving figure, and deep down he was grateful for the distraction. He was even grateful to see Calidus, whose eager dedication to the badge was not something Mirror always agreed with. Sighing a little, he approached the Jungle Agori and a Ta-Matoran, offering a weary, "Can I help you?"

 

IC: Kaenis - Arena

As the fire vanished, Kaenis took a step out from behind Juno, still wary and low, still wielding her machete. Her eyes flicked between the Skakdi and the enormous being. And then, she stopped, and her head turned to the side as her gaze fell on Kastir. She remembered that species, from her time before... all of this. She hadn't seen one in years...

And with that, she blinked hard a couple times, and looked around like she was just realizing where she stood. What was I doing...?

She finally lowered her machete, standing a little straighter, a kinder look in her (feral) eyes.

 

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office)

"And... what will you do if I stay?" he asked hesitantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...