Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 12/9/2019 at 3:16 PM, Smudge8 said:

IC: Kane-Oma-Visa Baby

Kane-Oma hefted a crate of ammo and began loading the cannons as fast as he could. He was a little clumsy and a couple of spheres dropped on the floor, He ignored them and kept grabbing more out of the box.

 

On 12/27/2019 at 6:17 PM, Nato the Traveler said:

GM IC: Flying Vorox - The Wastes 

Hestala and Kane-Oma would now be able to see the approaching swarm of winged Vorox, menacing figures drifting in the distance. They were moving more slowly than the previous group had been... which may have had something to do with the imposing cannon they were carrying together, suspended from cables.

--IC: Hestala: The Skies, somewhere between Cliffside and Tesara--

As her rival stuffed ammunition into the open hatch, the weapon systems of the Vista Baby let out a soft whir and a satisfying thunk as the internal mechanics shunted the heavy light-and-steel spheres into place in their clips.  Those spheres were subsequently rapidly emptied from their clips as Hestala waggled her aiming yoke so that the skyblasters were pointed at the oncoming convoy of Vorox and fired.  The small fry around them could wait.  That cannon didn't look good at all.

 

"Keep going, dahling!" she called back to her rival.  A steady stream of ammo would help them out immensely, and she had plenty of it.

Edited by Ironfist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC: Flying Vorox - The Wastes.

The Vorox scattered, spreading out to make themselves a harder target. A few of the skyblaster shots hit their targets, and wounded Vorox tumbled out of the sky, or retreated with shrieks of pain. Those around the cannon, however, carried shields, and deliberately moved into the path of the incoming projectiles to defend the weapon. 

Of course, if the Vorox were in range of the Vista's cannons, then the opposite was likely true. If the haunting hum and menacing glow emanating from the cannon was any indication, it was being primed to fire... now was perhaps the ideal time to consider retreat... 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Littiuu - Tesara, Coffee Shop

The place was owned by a Bo-Matoran, and it showed in the decor; besides its somewhat old-world charm, the interior of the coffee house was tastefully adorned with plants of all shapes and varieties. Tables were laid out in and amongst the foliage; Littiuu, however, ignored these for the moment to make her way straight to the counter. Aside from shooting a quick word of thanks his way, she gave no further thought to Calidus' offer that she order first, assuming it came either from the fact that she was more familiar with the place, or from simple politeness.

She took a few minutes ordering, pausing to chat briefly - as she was prone to do - with the barista in the process. Very little of note was exchanged in the conversation, mostly just cheery pleasantries on Littiuu's part, and it wasn't long before she had paid and stepped away from the counter, with a coffee cup in one hand and a thick slab of cake in the other.

As long as she was here, who was going to stop her from treating herself after her long flight? Absolutely nobody.

Picking her favourite table - the small one with a clear view of the door, that was overshadowed by a few large ferns; where she could indulge her curiosity about comings and goings without being obvious about it - the Ta-girl settled herself into one of the seats and waited for her companion to join her.

 

IC: Alarei - New Atero, Soup Kitchen

"Well..."

She hesitated for just a moment more, before deciding - just this once - not to care what her teachers would think.

"Thanks."

She snatched the water-skin abruptly, as if still afraid the offer would be withdrawn if she hesitated, and drank greedily. The soothing sensation on her burned throat felt wonderful, and it was with great reluctance that she finally stopped gulping down the liquid to hand the water-skin back to the kind Glatorian. While it wasn't empty, it was certainly a lot lighter than it had been when she'd received it; the girl could only hope that her temporary benefactor wouldn't mind.

It was weird; but he didn't seem at all bad, to her.

"You're okay, you know?"

It might have sounded like an odd thing to say; but as far as the Sister was concerned, it was completely valid. He did seem alright, and she wanted to let him know that... in her own, blunt way. In that, he was like no-one she'd ever met before; everyone else had either been a fellow Sister, or had been - presumably - self-interested and not looking out for anyone but themselves. This... was a change of pace.

She wiped a remaining trickle of water from her chin with the back of her hand, decided in a split second to reward his kindness by throwing an introduction out there.

"I'm Alarei."

 

IC: Tarutu - Black Spike Mountains

"On it."

All business again, at least for the moment, Tarutu nodded her acceptance of Tekmo's orders. It surprised her, honestly, that he'd agreed to her suggestion - not because she thought it an unreasonable one, just because she had a distinct feeling that their first meeting had rather soured his opinion of her - but perhaps he figured that she and Paju would keep each other in check. Even if, it seemed, they could both be impulsive, the two of them probably balanced each other out on other counts: her cynicism and Paju's optimism, for just one example.

It would be interesting.

Particularly since, to Tarutu's mind, she and Paju had the more promising task. She was half-convinced that Tekmo and co. would find their smoke was nothing more than some lonely hermit cooking his afternoon meal (or perhaps charring it would be more accurate, given the quantity of smoke); the pipes down below, however? They were real, solid evidence, and Tarutu was eager to be all over them.

Waving for Paju to follow her, Tarutu revved the Lucky Find's engines, the ship lifting clumsily off the peak and turning its nose downwards, towards the pipes they'd seen.

And whatever else they'd find down there.

 

IC: Kastir - The Arena

Perhaps it was dumb of her; she had no doubts that Drukann, at least, would say so were he not so absorbed in the current mystery. But, even as the glow of the virtues symbol drew every other eye towards it, Kastir's enhanced gaze was still firmly towards Kaenis. It seemed to her that something was wrong about the other woman, who had a moment ago displayed the body language of someone in a panic, and who was now beating a hasty retreat.

Did she know something the rest of them didn't, and was escaping to a safe distance while she still could?

Was she simply skittish?

Or was she planning to steal from, or sabotage, any of the vehicles not her own?

It was a matter, Kastir decided, that bore investigating.

For a moment though, the Agori's voice broke into her thoughts. He had pointed out that the symbol had lit up with their presences; but, to Kastir's eye, it hadn't; not fully, at least. Only two of the orbs were glowing brightly as she imagined they should; the other was a dull crimson that suggested it something wasn't as it ought to be. She reached out a giant hand, tapped the circle that hadn't lit up like its brethren.

"Maybe not the right three. Which virtue did that one represent?" She hadn't studied that deeply into Matoran culture, had tuned out the repeated mentions of their virtue system dismissively. But she could guess the theory at work here, even so.

"Because one of us apparently doesn't match up to it."

Probably her, in that case.

Experimentally, she took a couple of steps back away, only partially intentional in making space for Juno to get in there in her place, if she so desired. Her interest was threefold; firstly, to see what happened to the light if she removed herself from its vicinity. Second, to get a wider view as she turned her x-ray gaze onto the dais, hoping to get a clue as to how the mechanisms inside it were working.

And thirdly, to give her a chance to dart and intercept Kaenis, if need arose, while the other three were engrossed in the puzzle.

 

(OOC: Don't mean to leave Onaku behind; but I thought I had space to slip in another Kastir post in the meantime, since everyone else in that scene had posted ^^ Out of curiosity, Nato, would Kastir be able to see anything of note when using her x-ray vision to look into the dais?)


(Formerly Darth Jaller)

LhikanLow.gif

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

---

Skyrise bios: Tarutu, Kastir, Littiuu, Alarei / Six Kingdoms bios: Varxii, Zecrillia, Jabali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Darth Jaller said:

IC: Tarutu - Black Spike Mountains

Waving for Paju to follow her, Tarutu revved the Lucky Find's engines, the ship lifting clumsily off the peak and turning its nose downwards, towards the pipes they'd seen.

And whatever else they'd find down there.

GM IC: Tarutu - Black Spike Mountains.

Up close, the pipes revealed little more than they had from a distance. Simply put - they were pipes. Pipes that looked to have once been buried, but had clearly recently been uncovered by liberal application of explosives. 

12 hours ago, Darth Jaller said:

IC: Kastir - The Arena

Experimentally, she took a couple of steps back away, only partially intentional in making space for Juno to get in there in her place, if she so desired. Her interest was threefold; firstly, to see what happened to the light if she removed herself from its vicinity. Second, to get a wider view as she turned her x-ray gaze onto the dais, hoping to get a clue as to how the mechanisms inside it were working.

GM IC: Kastir - The Arena.

Upon stepping back, Kastir would see the symbol that had once been red had now returned to its neutral lack of colour. 

Attempting to use her mask met with... mixed results. She would find herself unable to see through the dais - or, indeed, any of the material that made up the rest of the arena - but she could discern new symbols and letters in the strange not-stone itself. It appeared that, at some point, there had been different designs etched into some of the surfaces, and a new layer had been added over them. 

The symbol of the three virtues seemed to be one of these new additions. Underneath, the images were in the same arrangement, but were icons rather than simple circles. The image beneath the central circle was clearly an image of Spherus Magna, perhaps before its initial destruction. One of the other circles bore a man-shaped graphic that Kastir may have recognised as the symbol of the Great Spirit Robot, while the remaining circle - which had been red before she had stepped off it - looked like a many-pointed star. 

On 12/12/2019 at 8:16 AM, Toru Nui said:

C: Waveahk (The Aquarium, Aqua Magna)

Waveahk slams his head down on a buttonless section of the navigation control panel. Without moving, he inputted the commands to move the Aquarium towards the shore. He was not chasing a hoax, he told himself. He was going to find that diving bell, and he would not have to kill giant death monsters for a living ever again.

GM IC: Waveahk - Aqua Magna.

Indeed, the Diving Bell was not a hoax, for after many long hours of searching, Waveahk caught a glimpse of something, half-buried in the sand, glinting in the sunlight on the shores of the befouled ocean. It appeared to still be intact... 

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Paju-Black Spike Mountains

Paju followed Tarutu down the mountain on the Element. Once they had landed she immediatly jumped off and ran over to the pipes, rapping on them and examining the blast marks. "Looks like someone had a fun time!

IC: Rakin-New Atero Soup Kitchen

Rakin put the water skin back on his belt. "I'm Rakin, mechanic n' handyman servin on the Indomnible, nice to meecha!" He extended a hand politely.

IC: Kane-Oma-Vista Baby

Kane-Oma Grunted as he loaded more ammo. "Looks like they're charging up that cannon!" He shouted. "Better think fast!"


I have control of an element you would never expect...

SURPRISE!

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Revenge-Melody-Booger-Danger-Punishment-Toxitora Junior

 

Skyrise: Ascent Charaters: Paju & The Element - Rakin - Kane-Oma & The Mukau

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office)

"I... well, very well..." He paused, still unsure if this was something his parents would put up with or if they'd even imagined he'd be here in their wildest dreams. "...a-allow me to... stitch you up first, yes?"

 

IC: Kaenis - The Arena

Kaenis darted behind the last bit of cover she would have before reaching her ship and putting this nightmare behind her. Her heartlight was pulsing feverishly, and she worried if she waited any longer, something would happen. She peered around the column, catching a quick glimpse of the others gathered around and engrossed in the strange pedestal. The brilliant light that had been shining from it had changed color, something Kaenis had never seen before.

She took a step from behind the pillar, longing to get closer, before catching sight of the tall one again. She was too close. One nudged piece of rubble and she could easily see Kaenis, if she hadn't already with that mask, and then...

Kaenis felt a growl building in her throat. Panic was setting in. She was so close. Maybe... a distraction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Click said:

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office)

"I... well, very well..." He paused, still unsure if this was something his parents would put up with or if they'd even imagined he'd be here in their wildest dreams. "...a-allow me to... stitch you up first, yes?"

GM IC: Karzahni - Arkis' Office.

"That would be beneficial," the Agori's hand awkwardly raised itself to probe at the incision Arkis had made. The Agori's wide eyes and panicked expression made it clear the movement was not his doing. "This form is... leaking." 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Rakpazis - Cliffside 

After much step counting, stair decent, recount, and ascent, the buzzard finally makes his way to were the path leads and finds himself at the entrance of Arkis' Office. He sniffs the air, he can smell it. Oh surely, the dead must be in here! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: I got permission from Onaku via direct messaging to assume that Tacitus is still following Tekmo.

 

IC: Tekmo (Black Spike Mountains)

Tekmo's jetpack sprung to life, and he was following Akkitu and Tacitus as the three of them made their way to the source of the strange smoke. He flew behind them, intending to keep them in sight at all times.

 

IC: Waveahk (The Aquarium, Aqua Magna)

"Finally."

Waveahk set The Aquarium down a fair distance away from the shore, intending to walk on foot the rest of the way.

"With me, Vrokdann." He didn't want to leave her aboard his ship for any meaningful length of time. He also made sure to bring his weapons with him, just in case...


:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 10:37 PM, Darth Jaller said:

IC: Littiuu - Tesara, Coffee Shop

IC: Calidus Serpico - On break (Buying himself a coffee)

The cop couldn't resist a harmless smirk at Littiuu's slice of cake. He was tempted to order one himself, but he'd placed himself on a strict dietary regime for a few weeks. Something about fit body, fit mind. 

Regardless, the Agori ordered a strong coffee, with a dash of cream and sugar, and relocated himself to the same table as the Ta-Matoran. He couldn't resist a pre-emptive sip before sitting down, though.

A satisfied smile.


Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

Six Kingdoms profiles: Thom Kovac Krossfari Leonn

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 1:09 AM, Nato the Traveler said:

GM IC: Flying Vorox - The Wastes.

The Vorox scattered, spreading out to make themselves a harder target. A few of the skyblaster shots hit their targets, and wounded Vorox tumbled out of the sky, or retreated with shrieks of pain. Those around the cannon, however, carried shields, and deliberately moved into the path of the incoming projectiles to defend the weapon. 

Of course, if the Vorox were in range of the Vista's cannons, then the opposite was likely true. If the haunting hum and menacing glow emanating from the cannon was any indication, it was being primed to fire... now was perhaps the ideal time to consider retreat... 

 

On 1/18/2020 at 3:06 PM, Smudge8 said:

IC: Kane-Oma-Vista Baby

Kane-Oma Grunted as he loaded more ammo. "Looks like they're charging up that cannon!" He shouted. "Better think fast!"

--IC: Hestala: The Skies, somewhere between Cliffside and Tesara--

"You think I can't see that?" Hestala cried.  But though she complained, she took heed of the dangerous aura that the cannon was now emanating.  Waggling the control yoke, she raised the Vista Baby to an altitude one level above the cannon and turned it in the direction of her original destination: Tesara.  Even as she maneuvered the airship and pushed it forward, she adjusted her skyblasters' aim to remain on the Vorox, and fired off several more volleys of solid light rounds.  "Keep going with that ammo!"

 

-   -   -

 

On 1/16/2020 at 5:27 AM, Nato the Traveler said:

GM IC: Kastir - The Arena.

Upon stepping back, Kastir would see the symbol that had once been red had now returned to its neutral lack of colour. 

--IC: Bacchus: The Arena--

As Bacchus peered over the stone dais, scratching at his beard, he saw the second circle cease its red glow; looking up, he deduced that it could be attributed to the retreat of the giant woman.  This served to further his theory that these lights had something to do with three people being present.  But what were they missing? he still wondered.

 

The little Agori began to pace across the dais, over the symbol of the Three Virtues.  He got down on his hands and knees, feeling the strange shapes of the letters around the edge and trying to discern a pattern in them.  They spelled words, he knew that much; perhaps by analyzing the frequency of certain symbols, he could puzzle out the words.  But his eyes and hands kept returning to the Three Virtues symbol, glowing tantalizingly before him.  Three Virtues... three people...

 

What were the Three Virtues again?  Unity, Duty, Destiny?  Perhaps it wasn't just the symbols that were represented by three people, but also the Three Virtues themselves.  Perhaps only a group that stood together under the Three Virtues could hope to activate something fully.  All five of them had the Duty of solving this mystery... and it was the Destiny of all of them to attain whatever it was that lay beyond this dais... but they all did not stand in Unity.  He and his posse had clashed with Drukann and the giant woman, and they had not accepted fully working together.  Perhaps Unity was not being represented?  It was possibly a flawed idea, but it was one worth trying out.

 

"You two!" he shouted at Drukann and the giant woman.  "Shoo!  Stand away, stand away!  I want to try something out.  Juno!  Kaenis!  Come here and stand the dais with me!"  He called out loudly for his partners, especially loudly in the case of Kaenis.  In his musings, he had lost sight of her.

Edited by Ironfist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC: Flying Vorox - The Wastes

With the Vista Baby now moving up and away from them, the Vorox had broken off their pursuit, some of them breaking away and fleeing as several more of their number were felled by Midak blasts. But those that remained weren't ready to give up without a parting shot.

A blistering spear of orange light lanced from the barrel of the oversized Hagah plasma cannon, carving a path through the sky towards the departing airship. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 5:56 AM, Nato the Traveler said:

GM IC: Flying Vorox - The Wastes

With the Vista Baby now moving up and away from them, the Vorox had broken off their pursuit, some of them breaking away and fleeing as several more of their number were felled by Midak blasts. But those that remained weren't ready to give up without a parting shot.

A blistering spear of orange light lanced from the barrel of the oversized Hagah plasma cannon, carving a path through the sky towards the departing airship. 

--IC: Hestala: The Skies, somewhere between Cliffside and Tesara--

"Yeouch!"  The undignified syllable tore itself from Hestala's mouth as she struggled to dodge the Vista Baby out of the way of the plasma shot, only just barely managing to do so.  It grazed the protosteel of the airship, singeing the damaged portions of the hull and burning away to ash what parts of her rival's Rockoh still dangled from it.  The inside of the airship grew hotter as well; even in her sparse clothes, the Vortixx woman felt the compunction to take some off to counter this new heat.  Numerous warning sirens bleated from the control panel, indicating that some portions of the internals had begun to severely overheat.  Not much that the Vista Baby couldn't function without, but all still worth looking into once they got to safety.

 

With a final mighty volley of skyblaster bursts at the Vorox, Hestala slammed the control yoke forward, causing the Vista Baby's four extra boosters to spring to life.  She and her rival sped away, but an easy breath could not be taken until they were out of sight of the cannon.

Edited by Ironfist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Juno - The Dais (The Arena)

Juno ran over, observing the markings closely.

"Incredible." She gasped, in awe, tracing them with her hand.

"It's like something out of The Old World."


Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

Six Kingdoms profiles: Thom Kovac Krossfari Leonn

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Paju-Black spike mountains

"Welp" Paju said to Tarutu. " I don't think there's anything else going on here. Should we catch up with the others?" @Darth Jaller

IC: Kane-Oma-Vist Baby

As the ship pulled away Kane-Oma shoved a few more round into the guns. Then took a moment to exhale, watching the vorox out the window.

 


I have control of an element you would never expect...

SURPRISE!

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Revenge-Melody-Booger-Danger-Punishment-Toxitora Junior

 

Skyrise: Ascent Charaters: Paju & The Element - Rakin - Kane-Oma & The Mukau

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kane-Oma-Vista Baby

Kane-Oma let out a loud sigh and slumped against the wall. After a moment he called out a short but sincere message for Hestala. "Thank You."


I have control of an element you would never expect...

SURPRISE!

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Revenge-Melody-Booger-Danger-Punishment-Toxitora Junior

 

Skyrise: Ascent Charaters: Paju & The Element - Rakin - Kane-Oma & The Mukau

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tarutu - Black Spike Mountains

Huh. Well.

Landing down this part of the mountain was easier said than done; still, Tarutu managed to park the Lucky Find in an at least somewhat secure place. Paju was already investigating by the time Tarutu hopped out of her own vehicle and picked her way more carefully over to the pipes. While her companion investigated the blast marks, the businesswoman leaned down to look at the pipes themselves. Questions swam through her mind.

What were pipes doing this far up in the middle of nowhere? What was running through them; water, or oil? Or maybe something more dangerous?

Had they been exposed by accident, or deliberately? Was the blast random, or had there been something built over them that was now destroyed?

And, perhaps most importantly, what were the pipes supplying?

"Wait a moment..."

Leaning down, she placed a cautious hand on the pipe's surface. If it was hot, of course, she would pull away instantly; but if not...

"Don't you think we should see where these pipes lead? If we're looking for a secret terrorist settlement, or whatever, these might be supplying it; if we could follow them, they might lead us right to the front door."

Of course, it was hard to follow something that was very thoroughly buried under a mountain; but surely it could be done. If the pipes were indeed only carrying water, they might - might - even be able to crack one open, slip inside it, and follow the flow to its destination.

 

IC: Kastir - The Arena

"I'm not so sure..."

She'd already retreated beyond the apparent range of the dais, so Kastir made no further move to heed Bacchus' instructions. She could already guess what he was thinking - or assumed she could, at least - that a different combination of people might have different results. How likely that was, Kastir didn't know; she had made no point of remembering the Matoran virtues, nor knew which one she might or might not 'represent' in the Arena's eyes.

But what she could see was the different set of markings beneath that.

She tapped her mask, shifting to a different set of lenses. Nothing more was given away with this new view; the Arena itself was inscrutable to even her enhanced vision. "I don't think those lights mean what you think they mean; it might interest you to know that there's a quite different layer of carvings under these symbols. The virtues thing is a new layer added over the top."

She paused a moment, correcting herself.

"New being relative, of course."

For now, her attention had entirely left Kaenis; if the other woman was planning anything, now was the best chance she was going to get.

 

IC: Alarei - New Atero, Soup Kitchen

"The Indom...? Oh, is that the huge airship? You work on that?"

For all her guarded nature before... Alarei's eyes had gone wide, she was clearly awed. She'd seen the giant vessel overhead earlier - it was hard to miss it, even when you had a mind full of plans for revenge against every single male in your species - quite unlike anything the Skrall Sister had ever seen before; and the idea that she was talking with someone who worked on it and who, she assumed, was very important aboard it...

And that this important person had spared the time to be kind to her... just for the sake of being kind?

It made her head reel. To disguise it, the girl took another slurp of her - now manageably cooler - soup, giving herself time to process. If she'd had any frame of reference for the idea, she was giving the distinct impression of someone who'd just discovered they'd met a famous celebrity without even realising it.

After a moment, she tentatively took the offered hand. When nothing bad came of the immediate contact, her grip grew more confident.

"You... couldn't let me take a look around on board, could you? 'Ve never seen anything like it before..."

To anyone who knew her, it was clear that she was very fast warming up to Rakin. Over what, to anyone else, would seem like such a tiny gesture... but she was lonely, so far from her people, and he'd shown her a kindness in a world that she'd been taught would never do such a thing. If nothing changed that impression, the youngster would very quickly come to regard him as a rare safe figure in her life.

 

IC: Littiuu - Tesara, Coffee Shop

"Hey, I just flew in from New Atero. I'm allowed to treat myself!"

Her tone was light, jokey, knowing that Calidus' smirk had been meant in kind. While she waited for him to settle and sip his own drink, Littiuu got a delicate grip on her cake and began absorbing the energy in through her palms. To the more organic inhabitant of Bara Magna, it no doubt seemed more than a little weird, unless he was used to sharing meals with Matoran; but it was the way Littiuu was used to 'eating', so it was simply what she did.

The cake was a good third gone by the time she paused in devouring it. Her expression, as she remembered what had brought this meeting about, slipped to become more serious.

"You were going to tell me more about what happened out there, right? Was it as bad as it looked?"

She hoped not. Tesara was more than just a place she lived; it was home, and it meant an awful lot to her. The thought of the city, and its people, being hurt while she had been away...

 

((ooc: I am remembering that right, aren't I? About MU inhabitants eating by absorbing food through their hands? I've seen it mentioned in a couple of fan-works, and I feel like it was established canon, but I can't find the original source for that; so I'll change it if I'm misremembering ^^))

Edited by Darth Jaller
Word choice

(Formerly Darth Jaller)

LhikanLow.gif

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

---

Skyrise bios: Tarutu, Kastir, Littiuu, Alarei / Six Kingdoms bios: Varxii, Zecrillia, Jabali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Darth Jaller said:

IC: Tarutu - Black Spike Mountains

Leaning down, she placed a cautious hand on the pipe's surface. If it was hot, of course, she would pull away instantly; but if not...

"Don't you think we should see where these pipes lead? If we're looking for a secret terrorist settlement, or whatever, these might be supplying it; if we could follow them, they might lead us right to the front door."

Of course, it was hard to follow something that was very thoroughly buried under a mountain; but surely it could be done. If the pipes were indeed only carrying water, they might - might - even be able to crack one open, slip inside it, and follow the flow to its destination.

GM IC: Tarutu - Black Spike Mountains

The pipes are cold to the touch, and where the detonation had blown them apart, the inside were black from decades of congealed soot. It was safe to surmise the pipes had been placed by Fe long ago to vent pollution away from the settlement... before it had been destroyed. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:  Paju-Black Spike Mountains

Paju walked over and examined the hole in the pipe. "I mean, this looks abbandoned, we could try following it, but it looks really grody."

IC: Rakin-New Atero Soup Kitchen  @Darth Jaller

Rakin shook Alarei's hand. "Sorry, but I believe only authorized military people are allowed up there. There's not much ta see anyway, it's mostly a big empty space for storing craft." He took a bowl of soup from the counter and paid for it, even though he didn't need to, he was feeling nice. "Still," He continued, "If you really wana get up there I can always ask the captain for ya."


I have control of an element you would never expect...

SURPRISE!

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Revenge-Melody-Booger-Danger-Punishment-Toxitora Junior

 

Skyrise: Ascent Charaters: Paju & The Element - Rakin - Kane-Oma & The Mukau

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 5:41 AM, Nato the Traveler said:

GM IC: Flying Vorox - The Wastes

The swarming creatures did not pursue, and slowly receded from sight as the Vista Baby limped away.

 

On 2/4/2020 at 4:19 PM, Smudge8 said:

IC: Kane-Oma-Vista Baby

Kane-Oma let out a loud sigh and slumped against the wall. After a moment he called out a short but sincere message for Hestala. "Thank You."

--IC: Hestala: The Skies, somewhere between Cliffside and Tesara--

At last, they were safe.  Hestala watched as best she could as the Vorox slunk away, taking the giant cannon with them.  Where had they gotten it, she wondered?  Now that it wasn't firing at her, what she could see of it looked like a fine piece of technology, perhaps worth investing in legally if she got the chance.  If she had had that kind of firepower in her earlier dogfight with her rival, the outcome would have been vastly different.

 

Her rival gave her a message of thanks... one that was sorely misplaced.  "Don't thank me," she said.  "You're in even bigger trouble now.  You've got no ship, you still owe me a boat of widgets for what you did to my Vista Baby, and now I've just saved your life; in most cultures, that'd be reason to swear an oath to serve.  Face it: you're stuck with me, dahling."  She paused for dramatic effect.  "... However, I can make our... entanglement a more beneficial experience for the both of us.

"How would you like to be my bodyguard, dahling?"

 

-   -   -

 

On 2/4/2020 at 5:49 PM, Darth Jaller said:

IC: Kastir - The Arena

"I'm not so sure..." [...] "I don't think those lights mean what you think they mean; it might interest you to know that there's a quite different layer of carvings under these symbols. The virtues thing is a new layer added over the top."

She paused a moment, correcting herself.

"New being relative, of course."

For now, her attention had entirely left Kaenis; if the other woman was planning anything, now was the best chance she was going to get.

--IC: Bacchus: The Arena--

The Rock Agori's eyebrows shot up into his helmet at the giant woman's claim.  "More carvings?  Can you read them?"  Stepping off of the dais, he shoved his notebook and pen at her.  "On second thought, why don't you write them down in here for me?  It'll save us both some time, and we can knock heads together and figure out what they could mean.  I'll be right back."

 

Bacchus shuffled his way back across the Arena, leaving Juno, Drukann, and the giant woman behind.  "Kaenis!"  he shouted in the direction of where they had parked.  "Kaenis, where'd you go?  Come on, we can't solve this without you!"  And in his head, he added, Teaming up with you was the only reason I even came to try the Arena's mystery.

Edited by Ironfist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office)

Arkis pointedly ignored the Agori as he ushered the joint being back onto the table, save for a quick glance at the pained expression. His mechanical hands were swift and precise, quickly undoing his zigzagging cut as best as he was able. "There..." he said at the end, standing back to allow it to stand.

 

IC: Kaenis - Arena

Kaenis froze like a Phase Dragon in headlights as her name was called once, twice, thrice. Her feral fear and the good nature that had fueled it battled within her. Her one and only chance was slipping away... she could make it, leave them all behind, but it would have to be now.

...the moment passed, and Bacchus was just around the corner from her. Shamefully, she slunk out from behind the column, unable to meet his gaze, unable to even try to begin to excuse her actions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2020 at 11:19 PM, Toru Nui said:

IC: Tekmo (Black Spike Mountains)

Tekmo's jetpack sprung to life, and he was following Akkitu and Tacitus as the three of them made their way to the source of the strange smoke. He flew behind them, intending to keep them in sight at all times.

GM IC: Tekmo and co. - Black Spike Mountains

The source of the smoke gradually makes itself evident in the form of another blast site. Mangled exposed pipes are once again visible from the crater left by the relatively recent detonation, which was clearly more forceful than the first. 

2 hours ago, Click said:

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office)

Arkis pointedly ignored the Agori as he ushered the joint being back onto the table, save for a quick glance at the pained expression. His mechanical hands were swift and precise, quickly undoing his zigzagging cut as best as he was able. "There..." he said at the end, standing back to allow it to stand.

GM IC: Karzahni - Cliffside (Arkis' Office)

"Very good," the creature all but purred, "I... thank you...?"

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (Black Spike Mountains)

"Interesting. Someone was here, recently. But whom, and for what purpose?" Tekmo scanned the horizon for anything else noteworthy or suspicious.


:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kane-Oma-Vista Baby

Kane-Oma stood up and walked towards the cockpit. He gave a sad smile and shook his head. "You are just as bad as everyone said you were. I'm a bit picky about the jobs I do, what did you have in mind?"


I have control of an element you would never expect...

SURPRISE!

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Revenge-Melody-Booger-Danger-Punishment-Toxitora Junior

 

Skyrise: Ascent Charaters: Paju & The Element - Rakin - Kane-Oma & The Mukau

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Tekmo (Black Spike Mountains)

"Interesting. Someone was here, recently. But whom, and for what purpose?" Tekmo scanned the horizon for anything else noteworthy or suspicious.

GM IC: Black Spike Mountains

Nothing is immediately evident, though the craggy terrain leaves plenty of places to hide...

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 11:39 PM, Click said:

IC: Kaenis - Arena

Kaenis froze like a Phase Dragon in headlights as her name was called once, twice, thrice. Her feral fear and the good nature that had fueled it battled within her. Her one and only chance was slipping away... she could make it, leave them all behind, but it would have to be now.

...the moment passed, and Bacchus was just around the corner from her. Shamefully, she slunk out from behind the column, unable to meet his gaze, unable to even try to begin to excuse her actions.

--IC: Bacchus: The Arena--

"Kaenis!" Bacchus said excitedly as his companion revealed herself.  "There you are!  The dais is doing something funky with the lights on it, and I want you to help me figure something out about it!"  He seemed momentarily oblivious to the fact that she was very visibly ashamed... but he was not.  His expression changed from one of happiness to one of confusion and concern; his eyes switched from her, to the pillar, to the small fleet of ships they had rode in on, and to her again.  Something resembling realization dawned on him.

 

"Were you... trying to leave?" he asked.  "Why?"

 

-   -   -

 

On 2/6/2020 at 1:25 PM, Smudge8 said:

IC: Kane-Oma-Vista Baby

Kane-Oma stood up and walked towards the cockpit. He gave a sad smile and shook his head. "You are just as bad as everyone said you were. I'm a bit picky about the jobs I do, what did you have in mind?"

--IC: Hestala: The Skies, somewhere between Cliffside and Tesara--

"Oh, I'm not bad," said Hestala, stretching sensually.  "I'm just built that way.

 

"The arrangement is simple- you, Mister Big Strong Man, follow me around and keep me safe from any beasties or bugs that might want to hurt me... or you... or steal my stuff.  In exchange, you'll get room and board- provided you pay to help me fix it, I'm not going to let you forget about that- and let's say... 30% of all profits."  And in her head, she thought, And I'll get a big strong man to keep me safe... keep me company.  Thieving's a lonely business.

Edited by Ironfist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:Kodran- New Atero, Soup Kitchen

It felt strange to Kodran. It felt like so much time had passed, and yet simultaneously, only a few seconds had gone by. Taking a bowl of soup for himself, he placed a couple widgets down upon the counter and began to consume his meal. A shudder ran through the Glatorian as his body was overwhelmed by the intoxicating flavor...Before realizing that perhaps he was overreacting a bit, given that it was just soup. "Hrmm...Might have to head off soon. I think I may have gotten some orders...Possibly from Cliffside or Tesara or somewhere..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kane-Oma, Vista Baby

Kane-Oma thought for a moment. "I'll stay with you for however long it takes to pay you off, but If you want me around longer you'll have to respect my standards." He leaned against the wall. "Simply put, I hate harming people that don't deserve it."


I have control of an element you would never expect...

SURPRISE!

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Revenge-Melody-Booger-Danger-Punishment-Toxitora Junior

 

Skyrise: Ascent Charaters: Paju & The Element - Rakin - Kane-Oma & The Mukau

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vrokdann - The Aquarium [Aqua Magna]

"Oh, alright." She went straight to her quarters.

-Oh girl... what are we doing?-

"I don't know. I don't care. I just wanted to, like, shoot things or something, not sit at some boring controls while some thing looked up at me with its stupid beast face..."

-Hey, that thing wasn't stupid! It was deadly!-

"Oh, you're right, the only stupid here is YOU!"

She threw a minor tantrum. It was appeased quickly because her quarters were almost empty, so there was nothing to break.

"STOP COMMANDING ME! STOP AT ONCE! YOU'RE VERY ANNOYING!"

-YOU'RE NOT ANY BETTER, YOU IDIOT MUSCLE! THE ONLY REASON WE'RE STUCK WITH THE FISH-FOLK IS THAT YOU'RE NEVER CAREFUL!-

"STOP! NO MORE. Let's just wait until we sink or something like that..."

OOC: I've neglected the boards, yo...


I'm Vrokdann in Skyrise: Ascent, and Luntep in the BZPRPG.

[sigfig in tunnel]

My profile pic's a cool little thing I made called Bettani. That thing up there's just a me inside a tunnel.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (Black Spike Mountains)

Motioning for Akkitu and Tacitus to follow, Tekmo began flying back towards where they left Paju and Tarutu.

 

IC: Waveahk (Coast of Aqua Magna, The Aquarium)

Waveahk slammed open the door of Vrokdann's room. "I TOLD YOU TO-" he paused as he noticed that the room now looked worse than usual. "Oh. I see you've redecorated. I don't like it. Anyway, we're leaving." He began walking away in the direction of the boarding ramp, fully expecting his 'employee' to follow.


:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2020 at 5:38 PM, Smudge8 said:

IC: Kane-Oma, Vista Baby

Kane-Oma thought for a moment. "I'll stay with you for however long it takes to pay you off, but If you want me around longer you'll have to respect my standards." He leaned against the wall. "Simply put, I hate harming people that don't deserve it."

--IC: Hestala: The Skies, somewhere between Cliffside and Tesara--

"Oh, believe me, dahling, if I ask you to hurt someone, they'll very much deserve it."

Edited by Ironfist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office)

"...yes. It... it is my job."

 

IC: Kaenis - Arena

Kaenis was expecting the obvious question even as Bacchus seemed caught up in other matters, but it still hit hard enough to make her visibly flinch. "You're... not safe..." she muttered, barely audible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC: Karzahni - Arkis' Office

"Then you have performed it well," the plant-Agori hybrid started heading for the door, "Now I must perform mine."


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Rakpazis - Cliffside (outside office)

Bang bang bang! 

The buzzard pounds on the door. It is unclear if he's trying to be polite by knocking, trying to break down the door, or perhaps forgot how to open it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 12:33 PM, Smudge8 said:

IC: Kane-Oma, Vista Baby

Kane-Oma nodded, "I'll be the judge of that, but you've got a deal." He extended a hand to shake on it.

--IC: Hestala: The Skies, somewhere between Cliffside and Tesara--

Hestala shook her rival's hand, perhaps unintentionally holding it a few seconds after the shake had ended.  "You'll forgive me, dahling," she said, "but so many men have chased after me that I've quite forgotten how to remember their names.  And I'll need to remember yours if you're going to... stick around."  She winked in a flirty manner.

 

-   -   -

 

23 hours ago, Click said:

IC: Kaenis - Arena

Kaenis was expecting the obvious question even as Bacchus seemed caught up in other matters, but it still hit hard enough to make her visibly flinch. "You're... not safe..." she muttered, barely audible. 

--IC: Bacchus: The Arena--

The Rock Agori let out a single chuckle.  "Of course I'm not safe.  Have you seen the way that Drukann fellow keeps looking at me?  I'm fairly sure he's plotting to wring my neck, throw me off a cliff, or both.  But, what does that have to do with you?"

Edited by Ironfist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vrokdann - Coast of Aqua Magna [the Aquarium]

As soon as Vrokdann had finished her aimless angsting, the quarters' door slammed open. It was Waveahk, slightly more upset than usual, with orders to leave.

"Huh? Leaving?" surprisingly, she did what an intelligent being would do and started following her 'boss'.

"Had he said anything about leaving?"

-Don't ask me, you're the one in charge...-

"Oh, now I am, aren't I?"

-What if we just shut up and follow for a change?! It might be wisest.-

"And wise is good for me because...?"

-Because otherwise you'll end up imprisoned, if not dead?-

Vrokdann was walking as she had this meaningless dialogue. How she didn't bump into anything or anyone speaks lenghts about 'Drendakk''s ability to command her subconsciously...

  • Like 1

I'm Vrokdann in Skyrise: Ascent, and Luntep in the BZPRPG.

[sigfig in tunnel]

My profile pic's a cool little thing I made called Bettani. That thing up there's just a me inside a tunnel.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...