Jump to content
Gecko Greavesy

Skyrise: Ascent - IC Topic

Recommended Posts

GM IC: Guards - The Tower

The guards continue to appear very baffled. Clearly they weren't expecting this assignment to be anything more than a pretence. 

"Uh, sure, go ahead," one of them finally muttered. 


___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Armani -  Time To Investigate

Armani gave a cheerful nod to the guards, and then stood in the doorway, taking care not to cross the threshold.

"GREETINGS!" she called into the room, her impressive voice kept just loud enough to be heard over the conversations of the spies. "APOLOGIES FOR THE INTERRUPTION, BUT ARE ANY OF YOU  FREE TO ANSWER SOME QUESTIONS REGARDING TODAY'S INCIDENT?"


Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC: Spies - The Tower

The group stared at Armani as if she were crazy, or joking, or both.

"No," one of them finally said, upon realising Armani's request was very real, "We only answer to the commander." 


___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vrokdann - New Atero > the Aquarium

"Well, Karz if I don't!" Vrokdann found herself in a strangely good mood. Waveahk didn't eat her excuse, but also didn't ask any further.

-All in all, I'd say we did a good job, don't ya think?-

"I'll be completely honest girl, I don't remember half of what we did! But yes, I'd say it went well enough."

-Now all that's left is... oh right, we're not getting paid.- "Drendakk" knew that well already.

What the two of them didn't know, however, was the Stolara's status. Not that they cared much, but since they were back at the base, why not check on it?

"Uh, chief, you need me for the grand reveal or can I go check on my ship real quick?"


I'm Vrokdann in Skyrise: Ascent, and Luntep in the BZPRPG.

[sigfig in tunnel]

My profile pic's a cool little thing I made called Bettani. That thing up there's just a me inside a tunnel.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Armani - Welp

Armani hummed thoughtfully. "I respect your dedication to the Guard. It's quite admirable! But the events that took place today have left quite a few concerns and issues, not to mention I do have to write a report on the matter. Are you quite sure you're unable to provide answers on the matter?"

She didn't expect any to say yes, of course. But this, in itself, was providing answers. The behaviour of the guards was nonchalant; they expected no repercussions for their actions. This meant they must have felt very self-assured that their charges would be waived, regardless of being caught red-handed. She was beginning to see more of the puzzle, and she didn't like what she was seeing.

Why hadn't His Spikiness found any of this suspicious? Even if the Commander had fed into his paranoia regarding Tuma, surely, after it was evident that Coyle's advisors were either sorely mistaken or- perish the thought- lying, he would want the matter looked into? Who was seeking to harm New Atero, fuelling such civil unrest?

What had Hakkzan gotten himself into?


Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC: Guards - The Tower

"Still no. And why're you writing a report? This is none of your business." 


___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 10:41 AM, Click said:

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office)

With that sudden departure, Arkis just lays on the ground, starting to feel his bumps and bruises where he had been tossed around by the strange creature. He groans, and his head lolls back... only to see the one he had tried to protect standing out in the open. "What do you think you're..."

He's cut off by the sound of footsteps on the rickety stairs outside. His head pops up, and he winces, then again as he notices a grey Glatorian in the doorway. "...we're closed," he mutters, knowing it's probably fruitless.

--IC: Catina: Cliffside--

The Iron Glatorian had refused any service before the needs were even communicated.  This was not a good sign in Catina's eyes.  Even if the office were to be closed, would it really be so hard to quickly give a salve and a proper bandaging?  The knight errant silently held his bloody hands out into the Iron Glatorian's view.  He did not require so much time and effort; should he receive the service he needed, he would be on his way soon after.

-   -   -

--IC: Grank: New Atero--

It's about time to go, thinks I.

No more do the people of the crafts district gather around the blacksmith's coals the way they used to.  No more do they look at the red and the gold with wonder in their eyes.  Such things have become commonplace here, and blacksmithing has lost the reverence it once held.  New Atero has moved on, so it's time I did too, thinks I.  If word can be trusted, there are other places that need hammer and tongs more than here, other places to gather ember and song in a blessing.  Great Spirit knows I've exhausted all of that here.

One last meal at home before I go, thinks I.  The soup kitchen is an easy find, and the Matoran with the bowls is still quiet.  I gives him a smile as he gives me the bowl, and take myself over to a quiet table.  The soup is nothing special, but hot and filling it is.  Normally I'd seek out company, but there's still much that needs to be though about before I leave.  Like where shall I leave to, thinks I?  What city has the most need of a friendly hammer or hymn?  Word hasn't been clear on that, no sir; sounds things everywhere might be pear-shaped.

--OOC:--

If anyone is still there, Grank is Open For Interaction in the New Atero soup kitchen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Armani - HM

Armani, Major-General of the New Atero guard and arresting officer for the incident, found herself having to pause to figure out if this particular guard was, perhaps, new. But that would make no sense. Surely, only trusted guards would be tasked with handling this.

"Are you... not aware of the proper protocols? Of course I am writing a report. It's part of my job, and is my responsibility as the officer who called for your arrests."


Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC: Guards - The Tower

"But the Commander's already writing a report. Why would he need another one?" 


___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Armani - The Tower

"That's odd. I spoke to him just prior, and I don't seem to recall him offering to take over writing the report."


Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC: Guards - The Tower

"Take that up with him," the guard shrugged.


___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Garuda - Tesara (Home) @Dane-gerous @ZippyWharrgarbl

Garuda just shook her head, still staring with wide eyes at Tilly, then the pie.

 

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office) @Ironfist

Arkis glanced at the Glatorian's hands, then looked back at the abomination behind him, standing in plain view. Perhaps... he could just get Karzahni out the door and on its way as promised, then get to work. After all, the oddly colored armor on this sad Glatorian could only mean one thing: he was one of Arkis' kin. The Iron Tribe.

He sighed. "Come on in."

 

IC: Eoron - New Atero (Parking District)

This was taking too long. Someone was going to notice he was missing, and then what? He couldn't wait by this ship for someone who may or may not have visited Fe any longer.

Perhaps they were a reasonable and law abiding citizen... or at worst, a bounty hunter on a claim, and reported any findings to the authorities in the center of the city. On one last hunch, he set off in that direction, leaving the ramshackle ship behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Click said:

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office) @Ironfist

Arkis glanced at the Glatorian's hands, then looked back at the abomination behind him, standing in plain view. Perhaps... he could just get Karzahni out the door and on its way as promised, then get to work. After all, the oddly colored armor on this sad Glatorian could only mean one thing: he was one of Arkis' kin. The Iron Tribe.

He sighed. "Come on in."

--IC: Catina: Cliffside--

Catina gratefully complied.  He stood just inside the door and struggled to remove his poor bandaging, reopening some of the wounds in the process but allowing the Iron Glatorian easier access to them for treatment.  He kept a wary eye on the plant-Agori monster still standing motionless in the office, in case it decided to try anything.  If it did, he would pull Thunder Manibus out whether his hands were properly bandaged or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC: Karzahni - Arkis' Office

"Another like you?" Karzahni glanced between Catina and Arkis. "Curious." 


___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Matilda - ???

Matilda glanced at the pie, and then at Garuda, wiping crumbs from her mouth with the back of her hand. "... What?"

~

IC: Armani - Welp

"Perhaps I will. Thank you very much for the information. Have a pleasant incarceration!"

With that, she let them be, nodding amiably to the guards as she left. They clearly weren't going to talk. What now, then? Double back and speak again with His Spikiness? Or with the Commander? That seemed unwise- at least, right now. What, then?


Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Garuda - Tesara (Home) @Dane-gerous @ZippyWharrgarbl

"Tilly!" Garuda whined. "Can I please have some pie?"

 

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office) @Nato the Traveler @Ironfist

Arkis froze, preparing himself for the accusations against the Iron Tribe, before realizing the creature meant another organic Glatorian. "...yes, well... there are... many like me on this planet..." he responded casually as he shooed Catina's hand away from the bandages, "Er, at least... before the Matoran arrived." His mechanical hands and a scalpel made quick work of the hastily applied bandages, saving what they could of the wounds.

The hands themselves were rubbed raw and scored by deep cuts. It looked as if this Glatorian had been dragged through a gravel pit, but Arkis knew better than to ask. His lot was merely to repair, and he'd start by stitching up the worst of the cuts. He held up a needle and thread, indicating his intentions. "This might be... uncomfortable, but necessary."

 

IC: Eoron - New Atero (City Center)

He arrived at the city center moments later, telling himself he'd just take a quick look inside to see if anyone had delivered anything from Fe. And that meant... he must contend with the bizarre gatekeeper. He stepped inside...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC: Karzahni - Arkis' Office

"Curious," the creature intoned, standing back to observe Arkis' work.

_______________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Eoron - The Tower

The enigmatic doorman, recognising Eoron, stepped aside to let him pass. 


___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kane-Oma-Tesara

Kane-Oma exited behind Hestala. He took a moment to look around. "It looks like someone trashed the place pretty bad." He streached. "I think I know where to find a repair man."


Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Matilda - Home

Matilda gave her a funny look. "Well, yeah. Real polite of you to ask, though, Rudy. Good job."

@Click


Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2020 at 8:17 PM, Click said:

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office)

 

On 4/29/2020 at 1:48 AM, Nato the Traveler said:

GM IC: Karzahni - Arkis' Office

--IC: Catina: Cliffside--

The doctor turned out to be much better at removing the bandages than Catina, and why shouldn't he be?  Catina was more used to self-applied, quick-and-dirty treatments; professional medics were not widely available in the Wastes.  He was not unused to pain, and accepted the doctor's need to stitch the more severe wounds closed with a simple nod.  He would not make a sound.

The strange plant creature uttered a word, causing the knight errant's eyes to dart reflexively to it.  Now he was closer, he could see that it was hideous.

-   -   -

On 4/30/2020 at 5:40 PM, Smudge8 said:

IC: Kane-Oma-Tesara

Kane-Oma exited behind Hestala. He took a moment to look around. "It looks like someone trashed the place pretty bad." He streached. "I think I know where to find a repair man."

--IC: Hestala: Tesara--

Hestala clapped her hands excitedly.  "You do?" she asked.  "Oh, that's just excellent!  See, this is why I hired you- you can be my guide in places I've never been.  Lead the way, dahling."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kane-Oma-Tesara

Kane-Oma shrugged. "I haven't actually met this guy, he's a friend of a friend." He began to walk down the street. After a little while he turned to the left and faced a boarded up storefront. A sign hanging over the shop said Vehe's wares and repairs. Kane walked up and knocked on the door. "Go away!"  a voice said from inside the store. "We're closed!" 

Kane knocked again. "I'm a friend of Kovos, He said you were the best mechanic in Tesara."


Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Garuda - Tesara (Home)

"Tillyyyyyyy..." Garuda whined.

 

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office) @Ironfist

Arkis nodded and settled into the comfortable, familiar work of stitching up a Glatorian body. He even hummed to himself as he all but forgot about the actual person attached to those hands, or the precarious situation the three of them had found themselves in.

But after some time, the job was done, and Arkis stood to find the ointments and bandages for the rest, still humming to himself.

 

IC: Eoron - New Atero (Tower)

Seems the eccentric Doctor was out today, and Eoron breathed a silent sigh of relief. Something about that strange being set him on edge. But that would also mean he'd have to search the tower himself.

As he strolled through the tower trying not to look too busy, he passed a charismatic Skrall general and offered her a salute.

 

OOC: Up to you now @ZippyWharrgarbl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Matilda - Home

"Whaaaaaaat."

~

IC: Armani - Tower

Armani's train of thought was interrupted by a guard saluting. She nodded to him cheerfully. "At ease. Do you need assistance?"


Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2020 at 4:19 PM, Smudge8 said:

IC: Kane-Oma-Tesara

--IC: Hestala: Tesara--

"Oh, for-" Hestala muttered, completely unused to being ignored in this way.  She pounded more emphatically on the door.  "Do you like money?" she called to the apparently very grumpy individual in the building.  "I have lots of it.  You can have some, and whatever else you want, if you fix my airship."

-   -   -

On 5/12/2020 at 1:34 PM, Click said:

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office)

--IC: Catina: Cliffside--

The needle stung slightly as it pierced his flesh, and the sensation of the thread drawing his flesh back together was strange.  But it was not so uncomfortable as to draw protest.  Catina sat still as the doctor did his work, and when the needle was taken away, he gently flexed his hands, testing the thread's strength.  It held well.

Catina made a movement in the doctor's direction, one of the few pieces of a sign language he had picked up on his travels.  The gesture meant, "Thank you."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tarutu - Black Spike Mountains

"Oh right, gotcha."

It made sense, at least to her, as the Skrall leader explained. There were only so many ways to find people who didn't want to be found; and tracking down the pipes they were using was definitely one of their best chances. The fact that this Fe remnant, if that was truly what they were, would hear them coming from a mile away with this method was... unfortunate, but there wasn't really much of a way around that. If they were underground, there were no quieter shortcuts to simply drilling them out.

Still, even though it wasn't her area at all - and even if it didn't directly contribute to making this trip profitable for her - the Ga-girl wasn't content to simply sit back and watch.

"Anything I can do to help? I'm no mountain-climber or demolitionist, but I do know how to find things."

@Nato the Traveler

 

IC: Littiuu - Tesara, Coffee Shop

"Oh no, no, I completely get that. I feel the same way."

Again, seriousness had settled onto her features, though Littiuu tried not to let it weigh her down. The whole world was serious, and while she knew that was important... it didn't mean everything had to be doom, gloom and misery for everyone, all the time. Her place, Littiuu had long ago realised, was to keep morale high as much as it was to protect others from harm; and at best, she could do both at the same time.

"Tesara's my home, too. Not as long as it's been yours, I guess; but I don't want anyone to take potshots at it either."

She collected her thoughts for a moment, her expression behind the orange Rau seeming unsure of quite what she wanted it to convey, wavering between intensity and levity. Even in spite of that, however, her bright-eyed gaze deliberately held his own.

"I know I'm not with the guard; but I promise I'd defend this town to my last breath. I like cheering people up; but please don't mistake that for an unwillingness to fight."

@Dane-gerous

 

IC: Kastir - The Arena

Ah. More likely.

Neither astronomy and cosmology had ever been subjects to which the giant woman had paid much mind. Back in the Old Universe, it later turned out that the only sky that could be seen was still part of the interior of Mata Nui's knees; and since arriving on Spherus it seemed like most of the interesting things to be seen in space had already happened, with the would-be reformation, so there was little point to gazing skyward and trying to work out what came from where. Kastir's mind was, and always had been, firmly on more practical matters such as getting work, providing for herself... and, when it didn't conflict with the first, standing up for the little guy. Practical, physical things.

As such, it simply would never have even occurred to her that the third symbol might represent the former Bota Magna; but at the same time, it made sense - far more sense to her, at any rate, than the idea of the symbol representing a star. Even if Bacchus toyed with that thought himself, it just struck the giantess as illogical; no-one could come from a star.

"I think you're right. Unfortunately..."

She cas a glance around at everyone present, most of whom she either recognised the species of, or could at least place as the far more bio-mechanical inhabitants of the Old Universe.

"I don't think we've got any Bota Magna natives here to test your theory. Unless you want me to go and grab one and drag them here."

Between her large size, and her teleportation powers, it wasn't an exaggeration to say she meant that quite literally.

@Ironfist and co.

 

((ooc: Also @Smudge8, no rush, but Alarei's waiting on Rakin's reply a couple of pages back ^^))

Edited by That Matoran with a Vahi

FbsbqP.gif

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC: Skrall - Black Spike Mountains

"I was about to send out some more scouts to search for the next junction in the pipe network. You could accompany them."

@That Matoran with a Vahi


___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Garuda - Tesara (Home)

"Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie..." she groaned.

 

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office) @Ironfist

Arkis looked up, doing a double take as he stopped humming. "Um... yes," he muttered, clearly grasping the gesture had meaning but not what it was.

 

IC: Eoron - New Atero (Tower) @ZippyWharrgarbl

"No ma'am," Eoron snapped back politely, his concern over appearing too hasty hidden beneath a well-practiced mask. "In fact, if there is anything this lieutenant could assist you with, I would be happy to oblige."

 

IC: Kaenis - Arena

Kaenis had been lost in some self-deprecating train of thought when she overheard "Bota Magna." She looked up at the two, her green eyes burning with anxiety. "You can't go there," she stated quietly, but intensely.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kane-Oma-Tesara

The door opened a little, and a red glatorian poked his head out. "I'm trying to lay low until stuff settles after the attack. What kind of work do you need?"


Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2020 at 3:37 PM, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

IC: Kastir - The Arena

 

On 5/20/2020 at 3:06 PM, Click said:

IC: Kaenis - Arena

--IC: Bacchus: The Arena--

Bacchus tapped his bushy chin with the stem of his pipe as he mulled over what he had said to the giant woman.  As he had said, his idea that the six-pointed symbol represented Bota Magna was just that- an idea.  But its persistent red color, coupled with the fact that it definitely looked more like a star than a symbol for a jungle planet, made him start further considering the idea that it represented the Red Star.  In his explorations, he had heard snippets of rumors and stories that something- be it strange creatures or actual people- lived on that small glowing piece of the cosmos, but he had discounted them.  He wished now that he had taken the time to remember some of those snippets; they might be worth considering in his passing theory.

The Rock Agori was just about to reply to the giant woman's offer to find a Bota Magna native to see if that made a difference, when Kaenis cut in with a discouragement.  "Why not?" he asked.  "What's wrong with Bota Magna?  Or do you mean that we lack the ability to go there?"

-   -   -

On 5/20/2020 at 3:06 PM, Click said:

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office)

--IC: Catina: Cliffside--

The doctor seemed not to know what Catina's gesture meant, so the knight errant tried something else.  He pointed to the doctor, then to the stitching in his own hands, and followed that with a thumbs-up.  It was intended to mean, "You fixed my hands.  It is good work."

-   -   -

On 5/21/2020 at 4:59 PM, Smudge8 said:

IC: Kane-Oma-Tesara

--IC: Hestala: Tesara--

The Vortixx woman cocked a hip and planted her hand on it, an annoyed expression on her face.  "Weren't you paying attention?  I said I want you to fix my airship; it's just gotten out of a rather unfortunate dogfight and I can't bear to look at the damage anymore.  I have more than enough widgets that might help you start getting back on your feet.  Will you do it?  Or do I have to repeat myself again?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office) @Ironfist

"Ahh..." Arkis nodded to himself as he understood the gesture this time. "Yes."

He finished one last knot on the bandages and stepped back. "And with that, you're... you're free to go." He gave a nervous glance to the deformed Agori as if to say, I hope you won't say anything about him.

 

IC: Kaenis - Arena

On scrutiny, she fell silent again, looking down at her (twisted) claws, her (disgusting) tail and spinner shifting uncomfortably. She just didn't want anyone else to suffer this fate...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2020 at 11:36 AM, Click said:

IC: Arkis - Cliffside (Office)

--IC: Catina: Cliffside--

Catina flexed his hands experimentally, tested the limits of the soft throbbing pain that filled his stitches.  They would hold, and they would hold well.  It was very good.

The knight errant stood awkwardly for a moment, unsure of his next step.  The doctor said that he was free to go; was that true?  Would he not ask for money in exchange for his service?  Should he, Catina, offer some of his meager store of widgets unprompted?  Ultimately, he decided to give a nod of acknowledgement before he caught the doctor's aside glance, toward the strange Agori-plant creature.  He quirked an eyebrow, as if to ask, "What exactly is that?"

Edited by Ironfist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC: Karzahni - Arkis' Office

"I am Karzahni," the creature intoned. 


___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nato the Traveler said:

GM IC: Karzahni - Arkis' Office

--IC: Catina: Cliffside--

He reeled back slightly.  He had not said a word- he was physically incapable of saying a word- only asking his question with a thought and an expression.  And the creature had given an answer out loud.  How was this possible? Catina thought briefly.  How could it know what I asked, without me asking it?

Edited by Ironfist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC: Karzahni - Arkis' Office

"I have spent a very long time in a place of darkness and pain, where unfathomable creatures speak and scream without language," the Agori's mouth did not move, the words seeming to emanate from something within his form, "I have had to learn new ways to listen, to understand." 


___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Nato the Traveler said:

GM IC: Karzahni - Arkis' Office

--IC: Catina: Cliffside--

The last word seemed to slam Catina back into the door frame.  It was reading his mind, there was no other explanation for it.  Never mind how a grotesque plant parasite inside an Agori's husk had learned to communicate- somehow it was invading his mind and rustling through his thoughts without permission.  And as a Glatorian who liked his privacy, in all forms, this did not sit well with him at all.

Could the beast see as well as speak and think other's thoughts?  The knight errant tried his best to close off his mind so that it would not perceive his hand going slowly for his Thornax launcher...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC: Karzahni - Arkis' Office

The Agori's tear-streaked eyes widened as he saw Catina's hand inch towards the launcher. 

"Please... kil-arck!" The words choked off, as miniscule vines tightened around the Agori's tongue.

"I mean you no harm," the plant hissed, "Provided you mean me none in return." 


___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Nato the Traveler said:

GM IC: Karzahni - Arkis' Office

--IC: Catina: Cliffside--

The poor Agori was in clear pain.  He?  She?  It just wanted to be put out of its misery; that would be the pragmatic thing to do.  Would this plant survive if its host were killed?  Would it puppeteer the corpse around as it was now doing with the live body?  Or would it perish, and its mind reading with it?

Catina raised his launcher, but he did not aim it at the more concentrated areas of plant.  He pointed it at the crying Agori's head... and waited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC: Karzahni - Arkis' Office

The Agori's face twisted into an expression of disappointment, though the movement clearly wasn't of his own volition. "That would be... rude," the plant rasped.


___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Nato the Traveler said:

GM IC: Karzahni - Arkis' Office

--IC: Catina: Cliffside--

Polite had never been Catina's style, not since his crash.  But regardless, he still did not pull the trigger; he kept the launcher where it was and mentally asked the plant (why of his own volition, despite his extreme disgust, he didn't know) what he meant by not meaning them any harm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC: Karzahni - Arkis' Office

"I came to the surface to... set down roots," the plant replied, "I have no interest in hurting others. I wish only to grow." 


___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...