Skyrise: Ascent - IC Topic

Nato G

IC: Tekmo (Tesara)

"Nothing I'm sure you don't already know, I'm afraid. A design of robot used in the Matoran Universe. Fe manufactured their own to serve as guards and other such jobs during the time they... existed.

If this isn't the work of Fe remnants, then we have another enemy with extensive knowledge of machinery and robotics, and I don't want to think about that..."

GM IC: Temujin - The Tower, New Atero.

"State your business." The cloaked creature at the door intoned, acknowledging Temujin's wave with a slight, respectful nod.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Guards - Tesara Streets.

"That depends..." the guard glanced at Taurek, "...do you want to press charges?"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Doctor K - The Tower, New Atero.

"Well, that's open to negotiation. Currency, weapons, trade goods... or perhaps something else?" He glanced at Porangi's stump, "You're looking a little... short-handed." He paused, trying to gauge if his attempt at humour had succeeded. 

GM IC: Garuda/Keeper/Matilda - Tesara Outskirts. 

As the trio conversed, they might notice a small group of Zesk digging through a pile of rubbish nearby, hissing and scratching at each other to get to something unseen, buried beneath the surface of the refuse.

GM IC: Coyle - Residential District, New Atero.

"At this point, I don't see much point in anything other than brutal honesty. If he's involved, he already knows we're onto him. If he's not, I'm certain he'd at least be aware of the rumours, and realise that I did this because we suspect him." 

Edited by Nato the Traveler

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Porangi - The Tower, New Atero

"Er... oh! Hah. I... suppose I could use a helping hand." Porangi chuckled a bit, before his laughter faded into a melancholic sigh. "Actually, losing my arm was quite traumatic, I don't know if I'm quite ready to joke about that yet." He explained, a grim expression of sadness upon his face.

Edited by Onaku

IC: Tarutu - Tesara Market

"Mostly? Business."

She could have left it at that; and, perhaps on other days, would have. It wasn't often, however, that Tarutu found an individual who she thought of as being even just somewhat of a like mind to her; and that made her feel a little more comfortable around Paju than she would have around others. She didn't think the other Ga-Matoran was anyone she recognised from Mata Nui, though she might have been mistaken; all the same, it loosened her tongue.

"I run my own shop in New Atero, providing... speciality wares. This seemed like a good chance to look around, see if I couldn't pick up some new inventory."

She'd not seen anything that stood out, so far. It didn't surprise her that many of the vendors were selling fruit, meat, other produce, but that held little interest to her; no, it was the other stallholders, the ones who sold trinkets, valuables, or even weapons, that would attract the matoran's attention more. She was, really, on the lookout for anything rare enough that she could turn a profit on it back home - or anything she could buy here that wouldn't be legal to do so in Atero - particularly if the seller didn't realise the worth of what they held. She had an eye for such opportunities, Tarutu would boast... or, at least, that was the sales pitch for her business.

"Didn't introduce myself, did I? Tarutu."

IC: Kastir - Capstone Bar

"Oh, of course. Kastir, at your service."

She hadn't been deliberately withholding; but all the same, Kastir sometimes felt, it paid not to let out too many personal details all up front. Now that she was onboard for sure, she had no qualms about relaxing that; while she still couldn't say much about her new employer as a person, he seemed genuine in his expressed sentiment. It had been a long time since Kastir had directly worked with anyone - longer than the several years she'd been away, that was for sure - but she found herself not at all opposed to the idea. Company was often pleasing to her; and, as such, she returned the other's small smile. Though hers was, perhaps, more professional than it was warm... her features weren't really made for looking friendly.

She scratched her chin for a moment, her expression becoming thoughtful.

"If we need a party of three, I suppose there's not much point planning on ahead until our final member shows up, is there?"

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

GM IC: Temujin - The Tower, New Atero (Exterior)

"Oh, is that so? Some guy walked in here a few minutes ago with his head." The being opened the door, "You better get in there." 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Doctor K - The Tower, New Atero (Interior)

"Oh. My apologies. What I mean is that we can do wonderful things with prosthetics these days, if you were interested in a replacement for your lost limb. It's been so long since I've been allowed to operate on a live subject..." an over-exaggerated, gleeful grin split his face, "...but if you're not interested in that, I'm sure something else could be arranged."

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Mirror - Tesara

"Actually, this is all news to me. Never got a good look at Fe machinery until earlier today. The thought of such designs being out in the open is definitely something to be concerned about. I'm on my way to see what the Captain thinks of all this."

IC: Garuda - Tesara Outskirts

Quickly growing bored with the adult conversation, Garuda noticed the Zesks fighting over some trash heap. Sighing in an exaggerated way, she squirmed out of Tilly's arms and scampered over, snapping at them to break it up.

IC temujin - Tower Exterior==>Tower Interior:

"Hoho! That one armed scallywag made it here before me, eh? Good on him! Thank you sir for your words, I'll be but a moment!"

with such said, he walked inside, his voice carrying in the open room, "Porangi you sneaky little devil you, how did you manage to make it her before me?!" his tone was light and boisterous, despite his words, and a wide smile adorned his face as he approached the Ziglak, and the desk beyond. He gave a cheery wave to the Doctor, before slinging the bag from his back and in front of him, "Well I suppose it's old news now that old Barlow bit it, eh? All well and good, saves me a bit of time! I do have the spear here that was put in the poor bugger, thought you lot might be interested in it!"

Reaching into the bag, he extracted the aforementioned spear, still running with dried blood and viscera, "Apologies for the smell and all, didn't have the time to clean the darned thing. Oh, and I will need it back once you've inspected it, planning on heading to Tesara to let them know later today, I'm sure they'll rest easier knowing that poor brute's gone now!" He laughed a booming laugh as he set the spear on the table. 

"Aha! There you are, you... guy!" Porangi desperately dug around in his mind for any recollection of this guy's name, until he realised he'd never actually heard it. "Well, never actually caught your name, now that I think about it. Oh! Also, Doc Cain here says he can fix me up with a new arm. Could you imagine?"

IC: Tekmo (Tesara)

"Also, that threatening message? It was written on a map with some place in the Black Spike Mountains indicated with an 'X'. I marked the same spot on my own map, but, uh... the Captain said she couldn't spare anyone else to check it out except me."

GM IC: Guards - Tesara Streets. 

"You'll both have to come with us, then." The lead guard said, procuring a set of cuffs and approaching Tacitus.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Garuda - Tesara Outskirts.

The Zesk didn't disperse, two of them turning to hiss warnings, while the remaining pair continued their digging through the grime. Garuda would likely detect a rancid stench in the air in this spot, beyond the usual reek of refuse.

The stink of rotting meat.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"I'm afraid that spear will need to stay with us..." the Kestora muttered, leaning over the desk to get a better look, "...because unless I've developed a defect in my optical receptors, that weapon belongs to Turaga Varim, another missing person my superiors are interested in finding. You say you found this in Barlow?"

"I can see that." The Doctor muttered, absently picking at the gristle still tangled around the tines of the spear, "Varim is a Ba-Turaga; his powers may have enabled him to inflict the wounds you speak of, though it would be strange for him to abandon his badge of office..." he shrugged, "...regardless, it appears that both of you require compensation for your valuable finds. Shall we talk payment?" 

IC: Matilda - Garuda Get Away From The Stink Pile

"Of course we won't. We- hey!" Garuda's tail had whapped her as the little Zesk scampered out of her arms. She turned to continue the conversation, paused, and looked back.

"What have you found?" she called to Garuda, slight concern in her voice.

~

IC: Armani - G r e a t

"If... that is what you think is wise, Commander." She glanced to Hakkzan again, briefly, before looking back. "Would you like me to inform him of this now? Or would you rather do so yourself?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Mirror - Tesara

“I see...” Mirror said, thinking he knew where this was going, and not liking it. Their walk had brought them outside the medical tent, and Mirror wavered at the door. “...be careful.”

Garuda was a naturally curious little Zesk, but the moment that smell hit her nose, she froze, her instincts telling her something was wrong. She slowly looked back to the others, calling quietly, “...Tilly?”

GM IC: Coyle - Residential District, New Atero.

"We can do it, if you wish." Coyle replied, indicating Hakkzan... though his tone makes it clear that he isn't looking forward to the prospect.

____________________________________________________________________________________

"Keep in mind, we don't exactly have spare limbs lying around that would be suited to your... specifications." The Doctor chuckled, "But it could be done. It'd be a lengthy, intricate, excruciating operation... but like I said, it could be done."

____________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Jira - Medical Tent, Tesara.

"I have a broken arm, two cracked ribs, a small assortment of bruises, burns, and lacerations, and a sizeable pile of dead citizens whose friends and families I'm going to have to talk to." Tekmo would find Jira slumped in a chair in the corner of the tent, looking equal parts exhausted, sore, and angry. "So no, I'm not well."

IC Keeper - Tesara Outskirts:

Keeper's sense of smell was far greater than the Zesk and the Gladitoran, and the waft of dead flesh carried in the air to their sensitive antennae. An alien desire to secure the source of the smell washed over them, as well as a wave of aggressive feelings for those close to it. Keeper held fast, there was no sense in fighting so many Zesk for a rotting corpse. A fresh kill perhaps, but a body buried in the garbage and rotting away turned even their strange stomach. But there were other uses for a body. It could provide for many good to eat plants or fungus to be grown with ease, but to be honest, so much refuse and remains came down here that Keeper had no real need of whatever dead thing was rotting away in there.

"There iszz zzsomething dead and rotting there." They spoke, taking a cautious step closer.

IC Temujin - Tower:

"Ba, you say? That's.... Gravity, or was it magnetism....? Ah well, no matter. Well, whoever it was that did him in, I much suspect they left on that particularly suspiciously unremarkable Airship that I saw.... "

IC: Matilda - Gross

Matilda snorted. "That's not surprising. Probably someone's dumped their offal down here. Stand back from it, Garuda. It's yuck. I'll take a look."

To herself, she was a little wary of what she smelled. There was something... something off about it. She couldn't quite describe it. She approached the thing, whatever it was, and hesitantly dug it up.

It was probably rancid meat. She was probably going to be put off tonight's pie dinner, and that'd be the end of it. But, still, she snarled at the other Zesk to stay back, and kept a careful eye on Garuda to make sure she did the same.

~

IC: Armani - Anything For A Spiky Face

The offer was sorely tempting. But, she hadn't gotten this far letting others take the hard tasks. She smiled brightly, saluting. "No need, Commander! It's my duty and my honour to serve the city- and no one ever said it would always be easy. Besides, you have a public apology to plan, unless I am mistaken!"

She said to Main Man Hakkzan, "I understand your fear and caution, Your Spikiness. I hope you don't misinterpret my stance as support of Tuma's previous actions."

With a salute, she turned and briskly walked to meet with Tuma again. This was not going to be easy.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Mirror - Tesara Medical Tent

He took the cue and stepped in after Tekmo. "Captain," he said with a salute. "I've finished questioning the prisoner."

She watched anxiously over Tilly's shoulder, wondering if she'd have to run and hide a second time in one day.

GM IC: Matilda - Tesara Outskirts.

The Zesk backed off slightly, but still lingered close, appearing eager to get at whatever's underneath the refuse. As Matilda attempted to dig the source of the stench free, she would uncover an outstretched arm, its fingers curled into a fist, clutching broken fragments of what looked to be a Kanohi.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Oh, good. Did she give you anything useful?"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Tuma - Residential District, New Atero.

The Skrall Tuma was speaking with quickly dispersed as Armani approached, leaving the two of them alone to speak in peace, "That was a suspiciously short investigation," he mused, "I take it that I was right about who was behind this?"

"Not exactly..." Mirror admitted. "She's a bounty hunter, likely with a long list of enemies. One of them seems to have found her in the market, but she claims she was unaware of them until after arriving. Frankly, Captain, I propose we process her as a victim and get her out of our town as quickly as possible, for as long as possible."

As soon as she recognized what was in the pile, Garuda squeaked and ducked behind Tilly, covering her eyes.

IC Keeper - Tesara Outskirts:

Still wary, Keeper approached the scene with one hand placed self comfortingly on the handle of one of their firework revolvers. The Zesk gave a wide berth, though a few braver ones dared to peer closer at the chitinous being. The sight that greeted Keepers compound eyes was one of an arm, and clutched in the hand were broken pieces of...

"Kanohi..." They said abruptly. Their grip tightened on the revolver as they instinctively took a step back. A strange fear crept upon them, one they could not truly explain but the unfamiliarity was familiar enough to link this feeling to something that had happened....before. In their previous life. What it was and why this in particular gave them a sense of panic and dread was unknown, but they had learned to trust in these feelings.

"Don't..." They started, before trailing off. In this case, there was no overt danger. None they could detect anyway. Only a Tryna could make a corpse such as this truly dangerous, and Keeper wasn't sure such a mask even existed anymore. "Be careful," they said finally.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

"An enemy who's willing to shoot up a public space in broad daylight," Jira muttered, "That's a lot of effort to kill one person. I'd rather know exactly what we're dealing with before we turn this bounty hunter loose. If this enemy of hers decides to go after someone else in our village, I'd like to be better prepared for it." 

IC: Tekmo (Tesara, Medical Tent)

"Well, the usage of Maxilos-pattern droids implicates remnants of Fe. The message found on the noticeboard suggests that some of said remnants are operating in the Black Spike Mountains. Here, specifically." Tekmo unveils his map again and points to the X within the mountains.

"I know you can't afford to spare anyone else to investigate this, Captain... but there are numerous people in this village with their own personal skycraft, and good motivation to find those responsible for this attack."

IC: Tacitus - Under arrest in Leaf City

Without fuss, Tacitus simply presented his wrists for cuffing. By all appearances, he didn't seem all that bothered by the situation.

"Hah, pain is an old friend of mine. You wouldn't believe the amount of swords, daggers, axes, shrapnel and more I've had tear into my body throughout my life. Probably half of it is scar tissue at this point. Heck, it took falling off a cliff to lose my arm."

"Perhaps..." she replied thoughtfully, "...if you can assemble a team, you have my blessing to investigate."
__________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Guards - Tesara Guardhouse.

Taurek and Tacitus were escorted to the guardhouse, the latter in handcuffs. Once inside, they were led into a side room with a large desk and a few filing cabinets, where one of the guards picked up a notebook, "Alright, let's hear your take on what happened." The guard pointed at Taurek.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

"You're a most intriguing specimen," the Doctor crooned, squinting at Porangi, "I would love to..." he trailed off, "...but I'm not allowed to experiment on live subjects anymore." He turned to Temujin, "And what of you? What sort of of monetary compensation or material goods would you deem to be sufficient payment for the information you've so kindly provided?"

"Best of luck to you." Jira hoped she hadn't just made a terrible mistake. 

IC: Matilda - Ew

Matilda recoiled, and then said to Garuda shakily, "Keep those eyes covered, okay? I'm... I'm gonna deal with it."

She nodded at Keeper's advice, and hesitantly started clearing the refuse away from the rest of the body. Before she did, though, she carefully took the shards and put them in her pocket; they looked important, and like something she'd have to hand over to the Guards once she called this in.

~

IC: Armani - Suspiciously Short Investigation

"It seems that the Commander received word of a Skrall uprising, lead by you, and so decided to use more dubious methods of investigation to confirm or refute these rumours. He has assured me that this information came from trusted sources. I believe they were also somewhat wary, given prior circumstances." Her smile was somewhat tight. "He will be issuing a public apology. I... cannot speak as to the appropriateness of this measure, as I was not informed of this evidence or the investigation. But, I request that you inform me if such an event happens again. I am sure this will not become a habit. We are meant to be one united settlement; these breaches of trust ruin that unity."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

“Captain? Are you sure that’s wise?” he asked after Tekmo had gone. “She was hardly cooperative, and every minute she’s here invites another attack.

Garuda nodded, still hiding from the fear.

IC: Kaenis - New Atero Residential District

Growing impatient, Kaenis snatched her bags back and shuffled back toward the Parking District as the crowds began to disperse.

Edited by Click