This looks like a mix of Bionicle, Hero Factory, RoboRiders, and Slizers/Throwbots. I hope it’s a continuation of all of the G1s’ stories, which are all unfinished, and it may look like their cinematic universe together if you know what I mean. I hope this isn’t a reboot or a new theme because I want the original stories to be finished before we could move on. Well, I did say to Lego through the email that they should consider these ideas for the sake of us. Plus, it says 2020. Usually, upcoming sets appear in pictures in the summer, but I hope this isn’t an April Fools joke. I need at least Bionicle G1’s continuation and the revival of constraction in my life. I don’t wanna get my hopes too high, though. I see people are talking about it.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Because it's a rather cruel April Fools' joke. Though, being that it probably is one, it's rather weirdly-done. Doesn't seem quite fitting for anyone associated with Lego to bait us with something like this. It might be real, but if it is, the April Fools' joke could be that it's not Bionicle itself, but something similar (or which just starts with the same 3 letters). And, as I've said before, if Lego did want to bring it back, this would be a sneaky way to tease it because it's not the least bit credible.

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

Because it's a rather cruel April Fools' joke. Though, being that it probably is one, it's rather weirdly-done. Doesn't seem quite fitting for anyone associated with Lego to bait us with something like this. It might be real, but if it is, the April Fools' joke could be that it's not Bionicle itself, but something similar (or which just starts with the same 3 letters). And, as I've said before, if Lego did want to bring it back, this would be a sneaky way to tease it because it's not the least bit credible.

Well, usually you see leaked stuff in YouTube starting from July, but this is suspiciously early.

I don't know what to make of it. It doesn't look like it was posted on April Fools Day? If it was, then it was posted very late in the evening. But if this is a G3, then I'll support it to the end. I doubt it's something else, given the reference to "destiny". It's either G3, a personal Bionicle-themed project of Faber's or a cruel joke. 

Edited by Toa Hazarku

:) Try my Shadows of Artakha fanfiction!  :)

I don't know what to make of it. It doesn't look like it was posted on April Fools Day? If it was, then it was posted very late in the evening. But if this is a G3, then I'll support it to the end. I doubt it's something else, given the reference to "destiny". It's either G3, a personal Bionicle-themed project of Faber's or a cruel joke. 

Hold on, I inspected the date/time element of that post and I found that it was posted at 6:34 PM EST. Copenhagen, where Faber lives, is 6 hours ahead of that, so that means Faber posted this at 12:34 in the morning on April 2nd. This means one of 3 things:

1. Faber had a brain fart and forgot to post this in a timely fashion, so he posted the slightly-belated joke after waking up from a weird dream about a sexy grapefruit or something.
  2. Faber posted this at time of day people west of him on the globe would be able to see on April Fools'.
  3. This is actually a thinly-veiled legitimate post which Faber intentionally posted just after April Fools' ended for him.

Again, if it is a joke, it could still be real, just not Bonk-related.

EDIT: Also, it's worth nothing that nothing followed this up. No "haha, gotcha" from Faber himself, no explanation, nothing. Given that this isn't some clear, ludicrous prank, this suggests that he's actually trying to tell us something. The number "310" may be a hint, but I can't imagine what it means other than "lmao it was never Bionicle, just a number, you plebs." Might just be another Cryoshell album, but I think they just dropped one, so that can't quite be right. What's more, this looks like a professionally-made logo, which seems odd to pay someone for if it's only for a rather insignificant joke like this.

Edited by Sir Keksalot

Hold on, I inspected the date/time element of that post and I found that it was posted at 6:34 PM EST. Copenhagen, where Faber lives, is 6 hours ahead of that, so that means Faber posted this at 12:34 in the morning on April 2nd. This means one of 3 things:

1. Faber had a brain fart and forgot to post this in a timely fashion, so he posted the slightly-belated joke after waking up from a weird dream about a sexy grapefruit or something.
  2. Faber posted this at time of day people west of him on the globe would be able to see on April Fools'.
  3. This is actually a thinly-veiled legitimate post which Faber intentionally posted just after April Fools' ended for him.

EDIT: Also, it's worth nothing that nothing followed this up. No "haha, gotcha" from Faber himself, no explanation, nothing. Given that this isn't some clear, ludicrous prank, this suggests that he's actually trying to tell us something. The number "310" may be a hint, but I can't imagine what it means other than "lmao it was never Bionicle, just a number, you plebs." Might just be another Cryoshell album, but I think they just dropped one, so that can't quite be right. What's more, this looks like a professionally-made logo, which seems odd to pay someone for if it's only for a rather insignificant joke like this.

I'll just wait to see what happens.

RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

I mean...what else is there to do?

Track down top Lego executives, kidnap them, hide in your secret underground lair guarded by henchmen, and demand that The Lego Group reveal any information about Bionicle over an untraceable phone line bounced between Egypt, Mongolia, Australia and Chile, obviously. 

:kakama: 

• Upvote 3

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I have nothing to add to the conspiracy theories at the moment.  Still, looking at "3IO" as my tired self, the word "Trio" comes to mind.  Not sure if that was intentional or not.  I don't think things in Bionicle often came in threes, combinations of six and two were more common.  Well, you have the original Kaita, I guess, and the Three Virtues.  And I suppose the legendary masks too in both Gen1 and Gen2 (Life + Time + Creation, Creation + Control + MoUP).  STILL, I think Bionicle focused on six and two more than three.

Anyways.  Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

I have nothing to add to the conspiracy theories at the moment. Still, looking at "3IO" as my tired self, the word "Trio" comes to mind. Not sure if that was intentional or not. I don't think things in Bionicle often came in threes, combinations of six and two were more common. Well, you have the original Kaita, I guess, and the Three Virtues. And I suppose the legendary masks too in both Gen1 and Gen2 (Life + Time + Creation, Creation + Control + MoUP). STILL, I think Bionicle focused on six and two more than three.

Anyways. Thoughts?

Well, the logo looks robotic and is missing “nicle”, so it could be a mix of Bionicle and Hero Factory, maybe also with RoboRiders and Slizers/Throwbots. Maybe it’s a crossover where the characters from these themes meet. Bionicle logos look rocky, so yeah. The “3IO” part looks like something like Bionicle G3, or itself that crossovers with G1 and G2 in the style of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (1+2=3). Or, the logo being robotic could mean that it takes place in a Bionicle universe where everything is primarily technology, either events that take place after G1 or G2.

I’m going with the crossover ideas the most because it’s best to finish up those stories before you would move on to something new.

HEY GUYS

https://www.instagram.com/fabframes/p/Bv470LnnNiv/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=12pdb2b46ycfs

IT'S NOT A JOKE, SOMETHING'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING HOLY MOTHER OF BAD WORD

So far, we got “BIO” and “ON”. Put them together and they make “BION”. They seem to lead to you-know-what that we need so badly in our lives. I hope it’s either Bionicle G3, a continuation to G1 or G2 (or perhaps G3 doing a crossover with G1 and G2 in the style of Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse to continue and finish their stories). Or, it still could be a crossover of Bionicle, Hero Factory, RoboRiders, and Slizers/Throwbots in a style of a cinematic universe and to finish their unfinished stories (it looks technological unless the continuation of Bionicle G1 or G2 is technological).

Well, the logo looks robotic and is missing “nicle”, so it could be a mix of Bionicle and Hero Factory, maybe also with RoboRiders and Slizers/Throwbots. Maybe it’s a crossover where the characters from these themes meet.

I can't see anything from Slizers or Roboriders being used, seeing as they ended almost twenty years ago and weren't around long enough for many people to recognise them now.

I don't know if Hero Factory was close enough to Bionicle in style for a crossover to be realistic.

Well, the logo looks robotic and is missing “nicle”, so it could be a mix of Bionicle and Hero Factory, maybe also with RoboRiders and Slizers/Throwbots. Maybe it’s a crossover where the characters from these themes meet.

I can't see anything from Slizers or Roboriders being used, seeing as they ended almost twenty years ago and weren't around long enough for many people to recognise them now.

I don't know if Hero Factory was close enough to Bionicle in style for a crossover to be realistic.

One thing for sure, HF was told to have a planned live-action theatrical movie in 2012, even though that this movie is not made, so I think that people probably find this memorable. HF must’ve done well and be popular enough, but not as much as Bionicle. So, you’re right. RR and S/T may not be memorable because they’re too short. Hero Factory is know to do technology, so it could have a crossover with Bionicle with that kind of logo. I’m betting for a crossover for both of these successful themes, even though that I am on Bionicle more, to be honest.

One thing for sure, HF was told to have a planned live-action theatrical movie in 2012, even though that this movie is not made, so I think that people probably find this memorable. HF must’ve done well and be popular enough, but not as much as Bionicle. So, you’re right. RR and S/T may not be memorable because they’re too short. Hero Factory is know to do technology, so it could have a crossover with Bionicle with that kind of logo. I’m betting for a crossover for both of these successful themes, even though that I am on Bionicle more, to be honest.

1. Pretty sure that live-action movie was a hoax. I saw a note about it on Wikipedia, but I've also seen gross misunderstandings of Pascal's Wager there, too, so I wouldn't take it as gospel.

2. HF is pretty much a footnote in Lego's history. Crossing over with Bionicle has little point, or even bringing it back at all. It never amassed the same fandom Bionicle did. It would be like rebooting The Future is Wild--it could be neat, and I'd nerd out over it, but who would care? (I know a VR game is apparently in the works, but it looks to have abandoned everything good about the original, so it's dead to me.)

• Faber had a brain fart and forgot to post this in a timely fashion, so he posted the slightly-belated joke after waking up from a weird dream about a sexy grapefruit or something.
  • Faber posted this at time of day people west of him on the globe would be able to see on April Fools'.
  • This is actually a thinly-veiled legitimate post which Faber intentionally posted just after April Fools' ended for him.

Track down top Lego executives, kidnap them, hide in your secret underground lair guarded by henchmen, and demand that The Lego Group reveal any information about Bionicle over an untraceable phone line bounced between Egypt, Mongolia, Australia and Chile, obviously.

I really like this plan. How many members can we get to Denmark?

On a more serious note, I like how this is starting to unfold. Can anyone speculate on how long it might take for the build-up to end?

Edited by Downfall
  • Upvote 1

:smilematoro:

• Faber had a brain fart and forgot to post this in a timely fashion, so he posted the slightly-belated joke after waking up from a weird dream about a sexy grapefruit or something.
  • Faber posted this at time of day people west of him on the globe would be able to see on April Fools'.
  • This is actually a thinly-veiled legitimate post which Faber intentionally posted just after April Fools' ended for him.

I really like this plan. How many of us can get to Denmark?

On a more serious note, I like how this is starting to unfold. Can anyone speculate on how long it might take for the build-up to end?

4 days passed between the reveal of the "BIO" and the "ON." That leaves "ICLE," which may be revealed in 1, 2, or 3 parts, so that gives us roughly 4 to 12 days to see the whole logo, assuming Darth Faber maintains a consistent schedule with this. From there, it's anyone's guess what happens next. We might even get some relevant artwork and/or basic details.

Well.... That was unexpected. Once again I was wrong. Bionicle is looking likely to return. The excitement isn't quite as high for me as in 2015 but with Christian Faber on board I am definitely going to support the new theme. This has the potential to fix everything wrong with G2. The fact the logo is being shared suggests the release is in the near future (2020). Otherwise this would not be allowed to be shared with the public. I'd say we can expect some more info by September at the latest.

It's time to move on.

Well.... That was unexpected. Once again I was wrong. Bionicle is looking likely to return. The excitement isn't quite as high for me as in 2015 but with Christian Faber on board I am definitely going to support the new theme. This has the potential to fix everything wrong with G2. The fact the logo is being shared suggests the release is in the near future (2020). Otherwise this would not be allowed to be shared with the public. I'd say we can expect some more info by September at the latest.

Yeah, and if Bionicle were to return, I hope that it would get a TV show that is very much like Ninjago and Transformers: Prime, maybe a theatrical non-Lego-Movie-movie (professional 3-D animated or live action with humans and Earth) if this goes well. I would bet on the continuation of G1 or G2 (just to satisfy sad fans of them, but I bet on G1 the most because this has to be done immediately for the sake of us) or G3 (it would be cool if it does a crossover with G1 and G2 to finish their stories in the style of Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse), or have Bionicle have a crossover with at least Hero Factory (because both themes look so similar that people could get confused, as I know a friend of mine who said “Stormer is my Bionicle character”. Lol.). Seriously.

I wonder. Faber asks how many (of us) would join in. Well, if this did turn out to be a serious project and BIONICLE fans were asked to give some kind of contribution, I certainly wouldn't mind giving it a go.

Should there be a reboot, or continuation, of BIONICLE, I hope however that it takes into account that the fans of BIONICLE are now very different from what they were 10 years ago... to put it simply, we've all grown up (this is one of the things G2 refused to take into consideration and, in my opinion, partly explains its quick downfall).

A reboot would ideally be more adult: I wouldn't necessarily eliminate the good vs evil trope which is at the heart of BIONICLE, but I would certainly make the two sides far less clearcut, with characters that are more complex and tridimensional; the storylines might also become more intricate, more political even, and more care should be taken to avoid plot holes and inconsistencies (we were already spotting these 10 years ago, we would do so even more now).

I think BIONICLE has this potential: the G1 universe, towards the end, had become quite elaborate, as had the storylines and characters (though they remained embarassingly simple and naive in some respects)... and you only need to look at some of the epics that have appeared in this forum over the years to realize that BIONICLE can evolve far beyond its original premises, in every sense.

Of course, it remains to be seen whether these Instagram posts will actually lead to anything (it could also turn out to be just a 10-year anniversary celebration of some sort, to take place in 2020).

• Upvote 5

632461607_Bannerdefinitivopiccolo.png.8e4bc632ba965c6eaef9247ce71df1d7.png
My collection of epics: The Sanctum of Writing

1. Pretty sure that live-action movie was a hoax. I saw a note about it on Wikipedia, but I've also seen gross misunderstandings of Pascal's Wager there, too, so I wouldn't take it as gospel.

I think I asked about a Hero Factory movie some years back and got told it was just a rumour.

Should there be a reboot, or continuation, of BIONICLE, I hope however that it takes into account that the fans of BIONICLE are now very different from what they were 10 years ago... to put it simply, we've all grown up (this is one of the things G2 refused to take into consideration and, in my opinion, partly explains its quick downfall).

I don't think its end was anything to do with not pleasing older fans, it was down to not winning enough new fans. There wasn't much media beyond the episodes and the story moved a little too quickly for people to keep up.

Edited by Sir Kohran

I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the new design--if this is a new Bionicle logo (which seems likely at this point).

Personally I quite like this style and can't wait to see the rest. It reminds me of 2007/2008 Bionicle aesthetic which I really like. I don't know if this is controversial but I quite liked Bionicle's transition into a more sci-fi look and feel. It still captured that technology/nature contrast that the early years had but made both worlds feel even stranger and almost uncanny, like there was some greater force underlying everything.

I'll admit I'm very nostalgic for Bionicle's old logo and was happy when G2 only made marginal changes to it, however this new design is quite exciting. Obviously if LEGO goes through with this the final design would almost surely be different but I'd like to see a bit of change. I think a really successful G3 wouldn't try to be a continuation of actual plot lines but simply recapture the look, feel, and tone of Bionicle. I've always said I don't care as much about getting sets as getting interesting world building and story and Faber excels at that.

I'd caution against really ambitious conceptions of G3 though; if Faber is trying to bring it back it'll probably be a hard sell and needs to first start with a killer core premise and clear vision--and then things can be expanded from there. It seems like Hollywood just learned its lesson with jumping on the cinematic universe bandwagon and given that LEGO primarily focuses on building toys I'd be really hesitant to imagine them putting a lot of energy into something with no certainty that it will succeed. Look at the DCCU, something that seemed guaranteed to do well and now the whole shared universe thing has sort of been downsized, arguably for a better system producing more quality content.

Right now I'm just hopeful. Where faith fails, and truth is uncertain, hope remains. But hey, I'll live either way. This is just cool after so much silence!

• Upvote 4

The new logo looks pretty cool so far!  It looks like the background could be a similar shape to Mata Nui.

I love how the "B" is also a "3," which could be a nod to a potential G3.

I'm keeping a bit skeptical, but I'm pretty excited about what this could become! :biorules:

~Daler

The new logo looks pretty cool so far! It looks like the background could be a similar shape to Mata Nui.

I'm keeping a bit skeptical, but I'm pretty excited about what this could become! :biorules:

It’s also rocky like G2 and it’s technology-looking, like Hero Factory’s logo. Perhaps it would be a Bionicle G3 where G3 would have a crossover with G1, G2, and Hero Factory in the style of Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse to continue and finish their stories. I think that FF is planning to fulfill all fans’ most desired needs, like how Hey Arnold’s story finally ended with a TV movie in 2017 after 13 years of hiatus. Same goes to Samurai Jack with its Season 5. I think FF would try to avoid backlashes, like how G2 happened.

Hello again.

Community Report:

Has been mentioned on BMP. Response is pending.

I do not have a Mask of Destiny or TTV account. They do not appear to have published anything.

Social Media is largely unknown.

(this is one of the things G2 refused to take into consideration and, in my opinion, partly explains its quick downfall).

Hmmm?

I wonder. Faber asks how many (of us) would join in. Well, if this did turn out to be a serious project and BIONICLE fans were asked to give some kind of contribution, I certainly wouldn't mind giving it a go.

A reboot would ideally be more adult: I wouldn't necessarily eliminate the good vs evil trope which is at the heart of BIONICLE, but I would certainly make the two sides far less clearcut, with characters that are more complex and tridimensional; the storylines might also become more intricate, more political even, and more care should be taken to avoid plot holes and inconsistencies (we were already spotting these 10 years ago, we would do so even more now).

I think BIONICLE has this potential: the G1 universe, towards the end, had become quite elaborate, as had the storylines and characters (though they remained embarassingly simple and naive in some respects)... and you only need to look at some of the epics that have appeared in this forum over the years to realize that BIONICLE can evolve far beyond its original premises, in every sense.

Of course, it remains to be seen whether these Instagram posts will actually lead to anything (it could also turn out to be just a 10-year anniversary celebration of some sort, to take place in 2020).

Jokes aside, I feel like if Bionicle is still a Lego line after all of this, then I would expect the lines to stay rather clear-cut. New fans, especially younger fans, may not understand that a particular character is neutral or, say, an anti-hero. Lego themes tend to use absolutes with their heroes and villains.

Well, I can't account for the credibility of this site, but: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/universal-lego-hero-factory-robots-movie-328785

:smilematoro:

The new logo looks pretty cool so far! It looks like the background could be a similar shape to Mata Nui.

It’s also rocky like G2 and it’s technology-looking, like Hero Factory’s logo. Perhaps it would be a Bionicle G3 where G3 would have a crossover with G1, G2, and Hero Factory in the style of Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse to continue and finish their stories.

That's a terrible idea. It would require newcomers to understand too much of not only the lore, but the history of Lego post-2001. On top of that, as I've said, HF isn't noteworthy enough to warrant this kind of recognition. Its sole purpose was that of a placeholder. It kept constraction going while Bionicle was out of commission. Outside of a historical context, it doesn't really matter and it didn't garner enough of a following for a crossover. G2 was also similarly unimportant, save for its connection to Bionicle as a whole. And I've already gone into the problems with continuing G1 in any shape or form. If Faber's planning any sort of continuation, it's probably going to be set far into the future of either G1 or G2. The logo suggests it'll take place in a more Metru Nui-like environment, as opposed to something less technologically-developed like G1 or G2. If so, it may start out focusing on Lil' 'Kama and the Backstreet Bonks rather than the Toa Mata.

Jokes aside, I feel like if Bionicle is still a Lego line after all of this, then I would expect the lines to stay rather clear-cut. New fans, especially younger fans, may not understand that a particular character is neutral or, say, an anti-hero. 

I'd disagree. Bionicle isn't aiming towards toddlers, it's aiming towards kids old enough for mild violence. That audience can and should be introduced to the idea that good and evil aren't absolute. They should be challenged and made to question what is good and what is bad. Series like Avatar have been good at this, setting expectations only to subvert them and featuring characters that change alignments or have complex motivations. Marvel and DC are no stranger to unclear or ambiguous morality, either. Look at MCU Thanos--he's obviously in the wrong, but not because he's a bad person. He's chaotic good, seeking to do the right thing the wrong way. He doesn't even seem to like what he does. Christ, the man even cries. A villain in a superhero movie is brought to tears on-screen. That's kind of nuts when you think about it, and while Infinity War is PG-13, it's still a superhero movie made to be friendly to older kids--the kind of kids G1 was more or less supposed to appeal to. I agree that it's likely that Lego wouldn't have the gall to do something like Thanos "Perfetly Balanced" McGhee, but that doesn't mean they're smart for holding back like that. Kids can often catch on to more than some writers give them credit for. Mind you, I hate kids, so coming from me, that means something.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I really like this plan. How many members can we get to Denmark?

I sure do love conspiracy theories.

As for the build-up, we have only gotten 2 images so far, and they don't show the complete logo.

Oooh.

The logo tease got a small measure of curiosity from me, but that's about all; it could, after all, have meant anything. But that visual...

Count me as INTERESTED. Especially since his comment accompanying that picture very much seems to echo (and elaborate one) the classic "I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones." - those iconic words that started off the first-ever Bionicle story in comic #1. I really look forward to seeing where these teasers might be going :o

• Upvote 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

So, this appears to depict a Toa canister drifting to shore....

Oh, my! This is getting suspicious! The picture with the canister and that caption. Extremely suspicious. I tell you.

I wonder if this means G3 or the continuation of G1 by reintroducing classic stuff from the 2001 storyline (I hope either of these could happen, but I’m going with the continuation with G1 the most, and FF seems to like that idea).

Oh, my! This is getting suspicious! The picture with the canister and that caption. Extremely suspicious. I tell you.

I wonder if this means G3 or the continuation of G1 by reintroducing classic stuff from the 2001 storyline (I hope either of these could happen, but I’m going with the continuation with G1 the most, and FF seems to like that idea).

I don't see how G1 can continue with stuff that's already been/happened in its story.

This looks more like a rerun or very close reboot to me.

Hopefully this is a reboot.

To go on a bit of a tangent, the landscape looks like Ko-Wahi.

“You have been dreaming for an eternity. Amazing stories of light and darkness. Shaping your mind like a stream carves the rock. You know all and nothing. The moment before waking”

Definitely a reboot. It'll surely start with the same "6 heroes, one destiny" shtick, but where that goes--or whether it's even gonna be the OGs and not totally new Toa--is up in the air. Part of me kinda wants to see new characters join the roster just to see what would happen and how they'd tie the original Toa into the lore and story.

• Upvote 2