Well, ladies and gentlemen, we have returned to normal business.

Interesting. Another icy canister... What could it mean? It it actually Kopaka or any other Ice toa? I can't wait to find out.

I have two theories:

1. It could be G3, as Kopaka could arrive like this.

2. It a re-continuation of G1, then the Red Star May have a canister or more, which Kopaka would use to escape and then accidentally crashed into an iceberg in Spherus Magna.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Don’t we already have official confirmation that this is not BIONICLE?

Two things:

1. You are probably thinking about Rebel Nature, which is a weird non-Lego thing that Faber is working on.

2. Faber used the word “3ION”. It seems most likely Bionicle.

Thus, both don’t relate to each other.

Edited by Lenny7092

I'm still not convinced that this is anything other than him feeling nostalgic and just making some Bionicle art.

It might be, but why wouldn't he just say so instead of teasing like this?
I’m pretty sure he admitted it himself. Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

I'm still not convinced that this is anything other than him feeling nostalgic and just making some Bionicle art.

I’m pretty sure he admitted it himself.

How so? I don't remember any comment to that effect.

:smilematoro:

He said LEGO is not involved.

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

When did he say that?

RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

It could be either one of two things:

1. Rebel Nature is not a Lego property.

2. Bionicle G3 would probably just be a story without Lego toys.

Why does anyone think this has to do with Rebel Nature? If it did, why would he tease it like it was something totally different? This is obviously just a fan project and he may need financial backing for whatever it is, but there's no way it's RN-related. He's pretty open about the fact that that's a thing.

• Upvote 2

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

He literally said this isn't an official Bionicle project and Lego isn't involved. It's fan art or a Cryoshell thing, nothing more.

:kakama:

Where? Seeing as everyone in the Instagram comments is going crazy about Bionicle coming back (again).

xh-Tb-ZVU4-ZUs.jpg

I feel like this bears "bumping" since so many people either missed it or forgot about it.

:kakama: 

• Upvote 2

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Be less slow. "Who am I? #14B2020 ask the question to yourself and look forward instead of backwards."

The torso design echoes the OG Mata torso, and the head almost looks like a Hau, but I'm not sure what this is. For all we know, it's a HF crossover.

Edited by Sir Keksalot
  • Upvote 2

Be less slow. "Who am I? #14B2020 ask the question to yourself and look forward instead of backwards."

The torso design echoes the OG Mata torso, and the head almost looks like a Hau, but I'm not sure what this is. For all we know, it's a HF crossover.

Actually, instead of a Hau, this image came to mind when I saw the picture:

Advance_BIONICLE_early_logo.jpg

The one Faber drew looks a little more skeletal like it's not complete yet, but the similarities are definitely there in my opinion!

• Upvote 2

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

That image looks like Bionicle (a Toa-like figure and it looks like the Mata Nui concept art pic) and Hero Factory because of the factory arms. So, I think this looks like a crossover between the two franchises. I would think that this could mean that Bionicle G1 and HF are doing a crossover Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-style. That's just my idea.

That image looks like Bionicle (a Toa-like figure and it looks like the Mata Nui concept art pic) and Hero Factory because of the factory arms. So, I think this looks like a crossover between the two franchises. I would think that this could mean that Bionicle G1 and HF are doing a crossover Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-style. That's just my idea.

Please no. I only put that forth because we know so little right now, but the actual odds of that are slim and it would probably be kinda stupid. It's more likely that it's just a Toa being assembled in his canister or prior to being placed in it.

Interesting to say the least. I thought Faber was just throwing around ideas but this seems like he is trying to lead to something. I think if it amounts to anything that its a retelling with new characters.   

Please no. I only put that forth because we know so little right now, but the actual odds of that are slim and it would probably be kinda stupid. It's more likely that it's just a Toa being assembled in his canister or prior to being placed in it.

I doubt canisters have factory arms. They are like sleeping bags for Toa. That's in G1. Great Beings or whoever from Bionicle don't use factory arms (because they think usually kind of primitive), but in Metru Nui, it is possible that the arms were used to created Vahki since they were made in factories. I don't think bio-mechanical beings in the Matoran Universe would need the arms at all because they are half-organic inside their entire bodies, while the Vahki are completely mechanical. In 2001, when the Toa Mata arrived in Mata Nui, each member of them was never in one piece, so they have to reassemble themselves. 

In Hero Factory, the heroes are completely mechanical, even thought that they have Quaza stones for hearts, so yeah, a crossover seems possible. 

• Upvote 1

I doubt canisters have factory arms. They are like sleeping bags for Toa. That's in G1. Great Beings or whoever from Bionicle don't use factory arms (because they think usually kind of primitive), but in Metru Nui, it is possible that the arms were used to created Vahki since they were made in factories. I don't think bio-mechanical beings in the Matoran Universe would need the arms at all because they are half-organic inside their entire bodies, while the Vahki are completely mechanical. In 2001, when the Toa Mata arrived in Mata Nui, each member of them was never in one piece, so they have to reassemble themselves. 

In Hero Factory, the heroes are completely mechanical, even thought that they have Quaza stones for hearts, so yeah, a crossover seems possible.

Do you see the strand-like things that are being put onto the Toa body? They may be muscle fibers (or other organic bits). It seems as though a Toa is being built.

Bruh, Imma blow ya mind. What if...this isn't G1...and it operates on different rules? Crazy, I know, but if you think about it, this is Faber's project, and he can change whatever he wants and write totally new rules for a totally new universe he seems to be hinting at! In fact, if you look at the canister in the artwork from before, we have no reference to discern its size, so it might just be big enough to house a mini-factory inside it! I know, I know, I'm a lunatic, but just think about it.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZMIKlJfRwE)

And uh...HF doesn't have a monopoly on robotic arms that put things together. On top of that, nothing so far has hinted at a HF crossover, which seems like something Faber would hint at from the start because that's kind of important. On top of that, it's a terrible idea in the first place, which reduces the likelihood that Faber would choose to go that route.

• Upvote 2

5dc2c5b4de7a01d3963214a7c95557037ebf09a3

I think there may be a studio album that tells a story, a la Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. ######, could be a rock opera for all we know. I'll take Bionicle: The Musical over nothing.

Also, Faby Baby changed the image in the IG post, and you're not gonna believe who's in it.

FB_IMG_1559245920366.png

• Upvote 2

Yup, a lot has happened.

I don't know, I don't care. Whatever he's doing I'll take it. Specially if it's online. A musical would be interesting indeed...

I'm Vrokdann in Skyrise: Ascent, and Luntep in the BZPRPG.

[sigfig in tunnel]

My profile pic's a cool little thing I made called Bettani. That thing up there's just a me inside a tunnel.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, guys. Check Faber’s Instagram account today. He posted a picture of a galaxy with the tag 14B2020. I would hope that’s Solis Magna (Bionicle’s main setting).

Solis Magna is a single star, not an entire spiral galaxy. On top of that, its system is the setting of G1, and this is definitely not G1. Now, as for what this could mean, I have 2 ideas:

1. Faber's "where am I" remark is a question to the audience: where in this galaxy is the setting? However, the galaxy in the image is just a generic one called NGC 7773 that most people aren't gonna be familiar with, even Faber himself; so I doubt we can glean any real hints from knowledge about the photo.
  2. This teases a radical change not only in what the setting is, but the scale of the setting. 3IONICLE might take place across an entire galaxy, much of it possibly occurring in space. In other words: Bonk Wars, Return of the Toa.

Hi, guys. Check Faber’s Instagram account today. He posted a picture of a galaxy with the tag 14B2020. I would hope that’s Solis Magna (Bionicle’s main setting).

Solis Magna is a single star, not an entire spiral galaxy. On top of that, its system is the setting of G1, and this is definitely not G1. Now, as for what this could mean, I have 2 ideas:

• Faber's "where am I" remark is a question to the audience: where in this galaxy is the setting? However, the galaxy in the image is just a generic one called NGC 7773 that most people aren't gonna be familiar with, even Faber himself; so I doubt we can glean any real hints from knowledge about the photo.
  • This teases a radical change not only in what the setting is, but the scale of the setting. 3IONICLE might take place across an entire galaxy, much of it possibly occurring in space. In other words: Bonk Wars, Return of the Toa.
Maybe it will have a science-fiction vibe from the start instead of picking it up later.

Hi, guys. Faber posted another one today. This time showing a canister in a blue environment. It looks like Toa canister sort of, but he put the words “Planet Earth” on the post. I think it could mean that the Toa could go to Earth. I know that you guys could disagree, but it looks like it.

Hi, guys. Faber posted another one today. This time showing a canister in a blue environment. It looks like Toa canister sort of, but he put the words “Planet Earth” on the post. I think it could mean that the Toa could go to Earth. I know that you guys could disagree, but it looks like it.

Why Earth?

Why Earth?

He put Earth, but I don’t know why.

Faber's text reads as follows: "This pod holds all the dreams and knowledge of past legends and the #hibernating hope for the future. Hatching will depend on surroundings and survival options. Evolution, timing and patience are close connected with coincidence and luck nearby. Your interest and comments will power the ignition. #14B2020"

Lot to unpack here. First, the pod (not a canister, but a pod) contains remnants of the past, perhaps meaning that past generations of Bionicle will be relevant to its contents, or that the Toa will somehow remember past timelines. "Hatching" makes it almost sound like an egg, as if this is the birth of something; possibly the first timeline in a series of timelines, including G1 and G2. Faber keeps referring to evolution, so this is definitely going to take place over a lone timescale. "Your interest and comments" probably just mean Faber's only gonna keep going if people want him to. The last word is important: "ignition." This might mean Faber is drawing on the '06-'07 era of G1, not the '01-'03 era. How much influence this entails and in what departments, we can only guess.

Why Earth?

He put Earth, but I don’t know why.

That's his location. Like, that's where he is. He has "Copenhagen" on previous 3IO posts. Faber is implying that he only needs to specify the planet he's on because of 3IO's cosmic scale.

Anyway, here's the link to the post. Should link things in posts where you talk about external links. 

This pod holds all the dreams and knowledge of past legends and the #hibernating hope for the future. Hatching will depend on surroundings and survival options. Evolution, timing and patience are close connected with coincidence and luck nearby. Your interest and comments will power the ignition. #14B2020

The last word is important: "ignition." This might mean Faber is drawing on the '06-'07 era of G1, not the '01-'03 era. How much influence this entails and in what departments, we can only guess.

It would make sense if he did, the Ignition storyline was when he actually was drawing the bionicle comics, it would make sense if that became his favorite of the series and would base new storylines on that one.

Formerly Iron_Man5

The last word is important: "ignition." This might mean Faber is drawing on the '06-'07 era of G1, not the '01-'03 era. How much influence this entails and in what departments, we can only guess.

It would make sense if he did, the Ignition storyline was when he actually was drawing the bionicle comics, it would make sense if that became his favorite of the series and would base new storylines on that one.

The art for those comics was from Stuart Sayger, not Faber himself. Issue 0 actually goes into detail on the new artist and (horrible) style. Seriously, that guy is the Rob Liefeld of Bionicle, he kept mixing up colors and screwing up anatomy in the worst ways; and his background details were awful. I never want that art direction for Bionicle or anything else ever again.

The art for those comics was from Stuart Sayger, not Faber himself. Issue 0 actually goes into detail on the new artist and (horrible) style. Seriously, that guy is the Rob Liefeld of Bionicle, he kept mixing up colors and screwing up anatomy in the worst ways; and his background details were awful. I never want that art direction for Bionicle or anything else ever again.

Really? :lookaround:  Wow I'm *way* off my game, no idea how I got those two mixed up.  :wacko:

But that being said I agree, it definitely wasn't my favorite style. However I did appreciate how scary it made the Piraka appear, it gave them the darker edge I believe they needed. However it certainly didn't do the Inika any favors, particularly when their hands seemingly vanished or something weird like that.

Formerly Iron_Man5

This is a very interesting move on Faber's part. Although I do wonder what the project will ultimately create. Is it possible this is another case similar to minecraft where Lego consulted the public for advice regarding the sets?

It is possible that he will use fan input to continue the art.