7 hours ago, Jaekoff said:

Can someone give me a quick rundown on this? 

On April Fools' Day, Faber posted a mysterious image to his IG account apparently showing the first part of a Bionicle logo. He's never fully revealed what that was ever since, but he's been trickling out posts teasing bits and pieces of what he's doing. A recent update on his YT channel is the most telling bit: we know he's doing something with VR (this also goes for a Rebel Nature project), and he referred to the "Biological Chronicle" in the aforementioned video. He's gone and said this is not a Lego-sanctioned project, so it's still not quite clear what's happening, only that something is, indeed, happening.

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

14 hours ago, Valendale said:

It's as Bionicle as anything else in this topic honestly.

Only because it's Faber's idea. His current project is Rebel Nature, so why would he be working on Bionicle stuff right now? Besides, the newest post has the "2020rebel" hashtag, and no "14b2020".

RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

2 hours ago, Laval- Master of Energy said:

Only because it's Faber's idea. His current project is Rebel Nature, so why would he be working on Bionicle stuff right now?

I mean, he's made it explicitly clear that he's doing just that...

14 hours ago, Laval- Master of Energy said:

Has he said "Bionicle" even once in these posts?

He explicitly quotes it and, in the update video, referenced the "Biological Chronicle." He's all but come out and said it outright.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sir Keksalot said:

He explicitly quotes it and, in the update video, referenced the "Biological Chronicle." He's all but come out and said it outright.

Okay, I see where you're coming from. I will accept that reasoning, but I don't believe I can remove all of my skepticism. We just need to wait and see what happens.

On 1/1/2020 at 8:37 AM, Laval- Master of Energy said:

Do people in Denmark write dates as Month- Day- Year or Day- Month- Year? Based on which it is, it will either be January 4th or April 1st.

Yeah most European countries would read that as April 1. We're just weird in America for reading it as January 4 I guess. 

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

15 minutes ago, Xboxtravis said:

Yeah most European countries would read that as April 1. We're just weird in America for reading it as January 4 I guess. 

In a weird way, that makes sense, as Faber will have teased the project a full year in advance if he shows his hand then.

On 1/4/2020 at 9:31 AM, Sir Keksalot said:

In a weird way, that makes sense, as Faber will have teased the project a full year in advance if he shows his hand then.

Sometimes it takes a whole year to develop an idea. He is trying to make sure that we will actually like it, after all.

petrusvfaber.png

Sorry for the big image, but this basically confirms that Faber WANTS to bring Bionicle back. Now, is that what he's trying to do here? I don't think we can be sure. All we have is a bunch of smoke and mirrors.

Sorry for the big image, but this basically confirms that Faber WANTS to bring Bionicle back.

At the same time, calling Bionicle 'a worldwide IP own(ed) by a global company' seems to mean he doesn't have much control over whether that happens, and 'reaching for the impossible' doesn't make it sound like it's exactly going to be easy.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Laval- Master of Energy said:

News!

Hide contents

Still 2 months to go...

Faber's moving into his next phase, it seems. This is a VERY different tease from everything else he's posted. It's not even blue.

3 hours ago, Sir Keksalot said:

Faber's moving into his next phase, it seems. This is a VERY different tease from everything else he's posted. It's not even blue.

Maybe it could be referring to the part in Bionicle’s 2004 storyline when the Mask of Time was dropped to the ground (in a sea). Perhaps it means that the Mask of Time is getting involved? Like some kind of crossover that has all original constraction themes (Bionicle, Hero Factory, etc.) to celebrate the category’s 20th anniversary, like some kind of Sonic-Generation-esque story?

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

1 hour ago, Lenny7092 said:

Maybe it could be referring to the part in Bionicle’s 2004 storyline when the Mask of Time was dropped to the ground (in a sea). Perhaps it means that the Mask of Time is getting involved? Like some kind of crossover that has all original constraction themes (Bionicle, Hero Factory, etc.) to celebrate the category’s 20th anniversary, like some kind of Sonic-Generation-esque story?

There's no way he's bringing in HF. Why would he? I don't even think he was involved in HF.

2 hours ago, Daler99 said:

I’m pretty sure Faber was very involved with HF.  He helped with the initial story bible iirc, and he also helped a lot with IfB. I’m sure he did a lot more too.

Ah, my mistake. Still, 3IO appears to be a strictly bonk-based project. It'd be weird if it suddenly became about all of constraction.

2 hours ago, Daler99 said:

I’m pretty sure Faber was very involved with HF.  He helped with the initial story bible iirc, and he also helped a lot with IfB. I’m sure he did a lot more too.

I think so too from what I understand. Faber worked with Advance until 2015; so he was involved in Bionicle G1 and Hero Factory extensively. Faber even did some creative work on Bionicle G2 (his name is credited in the art book so it seems he even contributed a few designs to G2); but he left early on in the development of G2 to start his own company so his involvement there wasn't as extensive as it was with the earlier themes. 

Check out Advance's portfolio, its clear Lego still works with them a lothttps://www.advance.dk/cases/lego/ 

As for 3IO, I am still cautiously enthusiastic about this. I don't know if its a hint for a return of Bionicle, or if this is more of Faber's spiritual successor. Like a fanmade project that just happens to be from one of the co-creators. I don't think its really going to tie into Slizer or Hero Factory, unless Faber has some sneaky easter eggs to toss in there. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Xboxtravis said:

Hmmmm...

From the post: "We are at an epic point in time where the sand of time can shift and we can Recover the past. Shape the present. Change the future. 2000B2020. When everything align, great things will happen #14B2020"

So, would all of you who doubted this was Bionicle-related please stand up so I can slap you all? In other news, the color of these posts has officially shifted from blue to this sandy orange color--it has flipped to the other side of the color wheel. On the eve of Bionicle's 20th anniversary, Faber's about to do something big. That this is absolutely a Bionicle project and not just a successor raises so many questions, particularly regarding what he's even doing, but all I can say is, go Faber.

You know with such a focus on the 20th anniversary, it could be Faber finishing his old Turaga Files project in book form. Its probably impossible to get Lego to release new toys without Lego's corporate blessing; but it might be possible to get Lego to approve an art book. Maybe even get Greg onboard to finish the serials, have a forward from Bob Thompson or Alastair Swinerton; then package it all in Faber art. Then put lots of copies for sale in The Lego House or something. 

Or maybe Faber can dedicate it to the fans. Mix his art with highlighted MOCs and fan art over the years. Or Faber could do an autobiography type thing, discuss his contributions and life story. 

I might be daydreaming, but I am trying to figure out how this can play out. It clearly is Bionicle related though. 

By the way, the new image is an updated version of this early art from the 90's:

FB_IMG_1581706516940.thumb.jpg.fe8d0e5184416a12c7bc54d139a10be5.jpg

Edited by Xboxtravis

2 hours ago, Sir Keksalot said:

Which is why I called it the eve of its anniversary.

But it can't even be the eve when we still have ten months of this year to go.

it started in 2000 in Europe and 2001 in America (i think)! 

No, it was all in 2001. I think you're mistaking the fact that the NA release of sets was further into the year than it was in Europe.

In 2000, Slizer/Throwbot sets were still being released, in case you don't know.

9 hours ago, Xboxtravis said:

You know with such a focus on the 20th anniversary, it could be Faver finishing his old Turaga Files project in book form. Its probably impossible to get Lego to release new toys without Lego's corporate blessing; but it might be possible to get Lego to approve an art book.

The art book thing is the most likely scenario. I just cannot see Lego bringing Bionicle back in full, not after G2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laval- Master of Energy said:

The art book thing is the most likely scenario. I just cannot see Lego bringing Bionicle back in full, not after G2.

He'd also have to get the rights from Lego, and he's explained that they're not involved in this. Lego would probably want to bring it back eventually, but not in the near future, and not with some concept artist they've stopped working with at the helm.

• Like 1

I guess Faber just made a trip to the Middle East, and posted a photo of himself back in Copenhagen in the snow (rain?) with the caption of "Guess the holiday is over."

I guess the 3IO speculation has gotten a bit out of hand since people on Facebook; failing to realize he just got back from a sunny trip and they are instead saying it means: "he just met with Lego and 3IO is dead!" Yeah... no. Just the winter vacation blues. People online can crack me up sometimes. :bucktooth:

Edited by Xboxtravis
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Xboxtravis said:

I guess Faber just made a trip to the Middle East, and posted a photo of himself back in Copenhagen in the snow (rain?) with the caption of "Guess the holiday is over."

I guess the 3IO speculation has gotten a bit out of hand since people on Facebook; failing to realize he just got back from a sunny trip and they are instead saying it means: "he just met with Lego and 3IO is dead!" Yeah... no. Just the winter vacation blues. People online can crack me up sometimes. :bucktooth:

I know, right? This has nothing to do with the #14b2020, but they think it does anyway!

• Like 2