New Faber Teaser

2019-04-19_1b42020_teaser.png

The man just doesn't show any signs of stopping. Another post on Christian Faber's Instagram continues to tease a possible gen-three Bionicle with the message, "First came the #mythology. Then the struggle for survival in the middle ages and thereafter the age of discovery when present meets future. Is 3 going to B? When hindsight shifts to foresight. Mind of machines #nexttomachines #14b2020" What does it all mean? We'd love to hear your theories in the Talkback!

View the full article

The longer this goes on without actually saying "bionicle" the less inclined I am to think it's BIONICLE related.

Yes.

Yes, but I don't think that's necessarily bad. Maybe a spiritual successor would be a better route than a hard G3. BIONICLE by any other name would be just as cool?

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Way too early in my opinion for an attempt at a G3. If Lego is going to bring back Bionicle again in the future, they should at least wait until the mid to late 2020s to try again. Gotta give things time to heal first before just jumping straight into the action again. A spiritual successor not branded as Bionicle would be more appropriate. They already did that with Hero Factory and it was much more successful than Bionicle G2. I think they should've actually continued Hero Factory for the rest of the decade instead of going straight into G2 in 2015, because even that was too early. Of course, Bionicle G1 has a certain magic to it that can't be fully replicated, so at this point it wouldn't be much of a surprise to me if this was really a hard G3.