Christian Faber Social Media Update

2019-04-20_14B2020_teaser.png

I'm thinking instead of reporting on LEGO news we should start just sharing everything that Christian Faber posts online. That's a joke, but he has shared another interesting image on his Instagram featuring what pretty clearly looks like a Toa canister. In his words,"B is a mindset. A quest for mystery and adventure. The future is an open ocean. Everything is out there and you set the course. This is not an attempt to dictate or make a takeover of everything you know from the past. It is to inspire thinking ahead. The future is my client and these are legendary times with great possibilities and I am going to sail the deep waters. I don't want to tell you the destination. It is already in your mind. #14B2020"While the imagery reminds me a lot of Bionicle, the text makes me think of his current project, Rebel Nature. So maybe this is all just trying to get Bionicle fans hyped for his new thing. Thoughts?

View the full article

• Upvote 2

throwing my two cents at this: BIONICLE G2 failed and I honestly think it's way too soon to bring the series back, officially or unofficially. it's simply overwhelming that we're getting teasers of a potential continuation that's made by Faber surely, but all it's gonna do is probably make BIONICLE's reputation worse - people on /biog/ said it, I've said it on multiple discord chats and people are trying to be at least critical for once. However there's a majority of people who don't realize it's simply a waste to bring back BIONICLE as both a brand and IP. now I don't wanna bash you guys for wanting the theme's return but there's a greater reason why G2 failed and cemented its impact at the hearts of many and especially LEGO themselves. 

Faber, whatever you're doing, don't capitalise on nostalgia. make something new and fresh - I really enjoyed Rebel Nature and it could've been way more interesting yet doing these BIONICLE teasers is not going to help anybody, in fact, it's going to make things worse as time goes by. regardless, I wish you'll enjoy working on this project. 

• Upvote 2