Delvan In Peril

Sybre

Sybre, the creator of semi-popular SybreNetX,

Presents an epic based off SybreNetZ,

Delvan in Peril

Poster might or might not come.

Part 1Sybre wiped his hands and stood back next to King Joe so have a better look at his achievement. Sybre had just completed his comic studio, with plenty of room for the characters who might come."She's a beauty, isn't she?" Sybre asked King Joe."Seems like a great place to live," he replied, "Well done."They lived in the studio for a week until their lives changed forever. It all started when Sybre and King Joe went to a rocky, barren region to gather ideas for comics."Do you sense something?" King Joe asked Sybre."Yes, I see a bird." he replied."No," Joe said, "I sense another being equivalent to us!" Sybre focused."Yes," he stated, "His power seems crazy." Someone landed ten yards from the duo."Sybre, isn't it?" the stranger asked without introducing himself."Yeah, want an autograph?" Sybre answered."No," the stranger said firmly, "I've been hired by some big-shot to bring back your shattered mask fragments in exchange for five-hundred million widgets. Will you die willingly or shall I 'use my angry voice'?"King Joe stepped forward."Hey, you-" Sybre put a hand in front of King Joe."He's here for me," Sybre said, "I can respect that. You've been publishing comics longer than I have, so it would be something if you died. I haven't gained enough respect yet."Sybre stepped forward to size up his foe. He was Metru-red, with white as a secondary color. His Avohkii housed dark-blue eyes, exactly the same as Sybre's."Name." Sybre quickly demanded."Vance," the stranger answered, "Not Vince.""Let's begin our dancing class," Sybre said, ready to charge.Instead, Vance sped toward Sybre and pounded him into the air. Sybre tried to use his Hau for protection, but Vance was so powerful, he snapped through the shield and beat Sybre onto a rocky hill."BANKAI!" Sybre yelled as he lifted himself from the rocks. His eyes turned red and a huge sword appeared. Sybre tossed the cloak that appeared onto him to King Joe, who watched anxiously. Sybre flew toward his opponent and swung the blade at Vance's chest, but he caught it with his index finger. He grabbed the blade and broke it in half. Sybre didn't have enough time to be surprised, for he was thrown toward the ground."He's unbeatable!" Sybre exclaimed as Vance flew down toward him.

Edited by Didonchu

mindeth the cobwebs

Part 2Sybre quickly threw his feet up the second Vance was going to crash into him. Vance regained his balance midair and landed."Seems like you've done this before." Vance figured aloud as Sybre charged toward him. After exchanging punches, Sybre was knocked backwards."I've already had enough of you!" Vance exclaimed. He lifted his finger and shot a beam that made King Joe's heart sink. Sybre tried to dodge, but he could not stop the beam from penetrating his right elbow. Once the beam went through, Sybre's right arm was useless. Grabbing the hole, Sybre unleashed a bloodcurdling shout of pain. He fell to his knees and lowered his head. Then, he started to laugh maniacally. Vance seemed confused. Sybre raised his head."I'm not totally useless," he said, "You see, I'm LEFT-handed! I can still beat you!" Vance tried not to back away."Time for Round 2!" Sybre exclaimed as he charged an energy blast."Raiy-my..." Sybre said as an energy ball formed in his hand. He raised his hand."Raiy-du-mae.." Vance's eyes widened in horror."KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!" A huge laser of energy shot from Sybre's hand right toward Vance.He was blasted backwards into a granite boulder. Sybre lowered his arm and straightened his nearly broken back. He walked toward the shattered boulder. He stopped six feet in front of the wreckage. The dark-colored comic author tried to keep from laughing. That's when the rocks began to move. Vance rose from the rubble. His colors were scratched, but nothing appeared to be broken, except his mask, which was cracked."Forget... the mask fragments," Vance said angrily, "I'm gonna bring back your heart TO MAKE SURE YOUR TRULY DEAAAD!"A well-aimed punch sent Sybre flying back."Whitefire NOVA!" Vance shouted as a HUGE blast of energy escaped his palms. Sybre survived, but he was badly burned and nearly dead. Vance strolled to the injured being. He smiled and stomped on poor Sybre ribs, enjoying his screams of pain. It was obvious he was done fighting. Vance picked up a sharp rock and moved it toward Sybre's chest."STOOOOOP!" King Joe screamed. Vance tried not to run away as the angry Matoran charged toward him.

Edited by Didonchu

mindeth the cobwebs

• 3 weeks later...

Part 3King Joe started with a flurry of lightning fast punches. Vance dodged and blocked, responding with a kick to the jaw. Joe stepped back to clear his head, but Vance wasn't done yet. A fireball shot from his palm and engulfed King Joe in heat. He fell to his back and pretended he was dead."All to easy!" Vance proclaimed as he walked toward his "dead" victim. With a bloodcurdling shout, King Joe slammed his fist on Vance's chest. Before Vance could regain his balance, something punched his stomach. He was hit precisely in the right spot, judging by the blood-like material leaving his mouth. He stumbled backwards as he raised his hand to aim it at King Joe."Inferno..." Vance managed to say,"LAUNCHER!" A blast of fire as big as a halibut shot from Vance's hand. Joe reacted by bouncing the attack back at Vance. The sudden impact threw Vance over Sybre and into the rocks. A huge granite chunk that escaped the wreckage flew through the air and landed on Sybre's legs. King Joe flinched as he heard Sybre scream in pain."I've had enough," Vance said, "Since it's no use beating you, I'll let you kill yourself fighting me.""NEVER!" Joe retorted as a well-aimed energy shot tossed Vance high in the air. A few more blasts struck him before King Joe concluded that he was too high to breath. Joe began to relax so he can regain his strength so he can help Sybre and take him to a good hospital. But before KJ could get ready to sit down, something fell from the sky and into a pile of boulders, completely razing it.He ran to the crash site to investigate. His heart sank in horror as he peered in between the boulders. Vance was the mystery object that fell from the sky. His eyes were wide open with surprise as a hand started twitching uncontrollably. He finally blinking and lifted himself from the ground."That," Vance said, "Only succeeded in making me ANGRY.""Well," Joe said, "Do you know how others feel?!""Who cares what others feel?" Vance replied, "You can feel like anything for all I care. But do it when I send you to Mangaia!""How about I tell you how Sybre feels right now?!" King Joe lifted the boulder Sybre's legs were trapped under and threw it at Vance, who was too surprised to move. The flying boulder hit him and sandwiched him between it and a boulder behind him. Silence followed after the crashing noise. Joe cried tears of joy as he turned to face Sybre, who was sleeping the pain away. King Joe picked up his friend and carried him to somewhere he could be restored to good health.

Edited by Didonchu

mindeth the cobwebs

Part 4Months later, Sybre was finally restored to full health. The comic series and studio was going strong, until the comics eventually lost popularity and died. Sybre, King Joe, and the newest inhabitant of the studio Dondak were trying to find something to do. Sybre eventually got fed up with his boredom and left the studio. Hours later, Sybre burst through the door holding three slips of paper in his hand."I got tickets to Delvan!" Sybre happily announced."Delvan?" Dondak asked."You mean that land of traders?" King Joe said, "I hear it's a thief and assassin hotspot.""Please," Sybre said, "We can handle assassins, as demonstrated before. Besides we both adapted. We'll be fine!"Without question, Dondak and King Joe packed their bags and joined Sybre outside.As they boarded the ship, the Sailsword, a strange, enigmatic being glanced at them from near the nose of the ship. Dondak and King Joe got closer to Sybre as the figure's eyes returned to his fine view of the sea. After the captain introduced himself to the passengers, everyone began to enjoy the trip and all of their troubles seemed to be thrown off the ship (Don't worry, nothing fell off). At one point, the stranger passed by the trio of friends and peered at them as he went. Sybre simply shrugged."Must be a fan," he would say. But his pals weren't so sure. The day flew right by, and at night, a noise startled King Joe awake. He woke up Sybre and Dondak and they walked out to the deck to see what was up. They found the mysterious stranger drop a burlap sack off the side of the deck and into the water. He watched the sack sink then looked up at the heroes. Joe and Dondak froze in fear. The enigmatic being made sure the sack was gone then turned and walked toward Sybre and his friends. He grabbed Sybre's neck and tossed him down to the deck. The figure jumped down to him and tried to land a punch on him. Sybre rolled out of the way and tried to remove to figure's hat. He simply grabbed Sybre's hand and squeezed until tears came to the former comic maker's eyes. Then he tried to throw Sybre into the sea until King Joe and Dondak intervened. Sybre tried to regain his breath as he sat down."It's time we know who are!" King Joe said and blasted the figure's hat off. A black noble Matatu was half hidden under a strange scarf."Who are you?!" Dondak demanded."Very well," their opponent said he removed his scarf, "My name is Gambit. Member of S.C.A.L.E.: Sly Creeps Associated Long-ranged Evil. I'm an assassin paid to murder do-gooders like you.""So were those Kanohi in that sack?" Sybre asked."Oh dear," Gambit said, "You've found me out! Consider these assassinations a favor! Nobody normally survives Delvan street bandit encounters! Especially not with Reddorafian! That sack of bones could actually bring Karzahni HIMSELF down!""We'll tell Reddy you said hi and goodbye!" Joe retorted as he charged toward Gambit. But with the help of telekinesis, Joe flew over his opponent and hit the nose point. He desperately tried no to slip into the sea."Try again." Gambit growled as his eyes flashed.

Edited by Didonchu

mindeth the cobwebs

Part 5Dondak forced himself to run toward the assassin, and was fast enough to land a punch on Gambit's chest. He didn't budge, though. He grabbed Don's wrist and threw him back to where he started. Gambit's hand began to glow, and a teal Throwbot arm came out, holding a Kanoka with similar features to the glowing arm. It swung itself and let go of the disk as it went. The disk crashed into Dondak's torso and exploded, throwing him back. "Come on!" Gambit demanded, "If you can't beat me, Reddorafian will be dragging your corpse into the shadows IF you make it to Delvan!"He's right, Dondak thought to himself."THINK FAST!" Gambit shouted as he used telekinesis to keep Dondak's feet in place. Dondak removed his Rahkshi helmet, revealing a black and light yellow kraata."A sonic kraata?!" Gambit exclaimed. Sybre almost fainted from shock. Dondak gently lifted the slug-like creature from his head. Aiming the mouth at Gambit, the kraata let out an ear-piercing sonic scream, freeing Dondak's feet. The body put the kraata back in place and put the helmet back on. King Joe then gathered the courage to climb back onto the boat. He walked up to Gambit, who was distracted by the Rahkshi-Matoran, and used all of his strength to throw Gambit off the side of the ship."Say hello to the Kanohi for me!" Joe shouted to the assassin. Gambit would have done something, but the water was too cold and all he could do was sink. The remaining passengers were safe.In the morning, shortly after breakfast, the Sailsword reached the port. Delvan's skies were shrouded with gray clouds carrying the threat of rain. Delvan inhabitants stood on the docks and cheered as the ship was tied to a post. As the passengers were let off, a red being vanished into an alley. Our heroes, unfortunately, did not notice. After Sybre was greeted and gave out autographs, he told his friends were going to take a shortcut to the hotel. They entered the alley where the red one vanished. The alley seemed long, and empty bags littered the ground. Yellow eyes peered at the trio from the darkness."Must be a cat." Sybre muttered. But once they reached the eyes, a red being just about Sybre's height burst from the darkness and kicked the back of Sybre's knee, causing him to fall backwards."It's Reddorafian!" Dondak exclaimed as the bandit grabbed Sybre's luggage and rummaged through it. King Joe took a bag of potato chips from a sack and shook it. Reddorafian sniffed and grabbed it. He turned away from Sybre and his friends and contently opened the bag and munched the chips. When he finished, he blew air into the bag and popped it. Then he tossed the trash into the shadows and turned toward Sybre and helped him up."Sorry," he said, "People learned to stay away from this alley. I haven't eaten in weeks! You're Sybre, right?""Yes," Sybre replied, "You must be Reddorafian, Red Ruffian when translated.""I didn't even like that title!" Reddorafian stated, "I'm JiMing, which is what I prefer to be called. I didn't know stealing food would give you a nickname!""I hear people here would do anything to survive, so I can't really blame you. You're just trying to survive, and I can respect that.""But that doesn't stop you from owing me another big bag of chips!" King Joe put in."I'll buy you more at the hotel." Sybre replied, "JiMing, why don't you come? We have room for you. And besides, we need an expert on this place." JiMing nodded and followed his new friends to the hotel. This would change his life forever.

Edited by Didonchu

mindeth the cobwebs

• 2 weeks later...

Part 6Once the friends got into the hotel, they checked in and Sybre bought King Joe another big bag of chips, since JiMing's pittance couldn't cut it. Once they entered their room, they suddenly realized how rich Sybre was. "Dude," King Joe said to Sybre, "I thought you didn't start another comic topic!""I sold the gears on Hapori Tohu's head," Sybre explained, "I didn't know people go crazy for those! And I work in The Center of Everywhere."The suite was vast with a large balcony showing off a splendid panorama. Furniture was set up nicely, and a huge TV covered most of the wall. It even came with a video game system and surround-sound. JiMing immediately ran to the couch, curled up on it, and began to doze."HEY!" Sybre exclaimed, "You don't get to sleep yet! YOU will get me headache medicine to cure what you did to me in the alley. Then we will feed you and you will also give us the scoop on this place!"JiMing grumbled as he got off the couch and rummaged through the bags to look for headache medicine. Sybre made some warm soup because it was a cold day and JiMing could have caught a cold. JiMing sat on a bar-stool outside the kitchen and happily ate his soup.Sybre waited for JiMing to finish, and he gave the empty bowl to Dondak to wash. Sybre sat on the bar-stool next to JiMing."I assume you were born here," Sybre said, "So we need sufficient information about this place. Why did the assassin on the Sailsword try to kill us?""Which one?" JiMing asked as he took King Joe's new bag of chips, ignoring his threats."He said his name was Gambit." Sybre replied. JiMing choked on a chip."GAMBIT?!" He exclaimed."Don't worry," Dondak said, "I assisted in killing him.""Phew!" JiMing responded, "But we are actually far from safe." Something flew past the window. "Ruffians, like I formerly was, currently rule the streets. They took down the government and left a shred of it left. There's no police force, fire department, or SWAT Team. We were hoping for a miracle."Dondak tried not to cry."There are other thugs here that work for S.C.A.L.E." JiMing said with a chip in his mouth."Who?" Sybre asked immediately."Tīru no Kiba (Teal Fang), Nenryō Bakudan (Fuel Bomb), Nama Chūdoku (Raw Toxication), Tanken Tsume (Dagger Claws), Dorīmukyatchā (Dream Catcher), and many others. But they don't necessarily like working together, except Fuel and Raw.""I see.""There was this other one called Bansuinferuno (Vance Inferno) who is a little taller than Sybre, wears a red Avohkii and has white as a secondary color."Sybre fell out of his bar-stool upon hearing this."Hey!" JiMing exclaimed, "Don't I get to rest?!""Might as well," King Joe replied, "He won't be getting up for a while."So then JiMing curled up on the couch and took a long nap while everyone else minded their own business. But whatever flew past the window minutes ago held on to the bottom of the balcony and peeked at everyone from the edge."Soon," it said, "Soon."Chapter 7 coming soon!

Edited by Didonchu

mindeth the cobwebs

Part 7After Sybre and JiMing woke up, everyone agreed to buy weapons to defend themselves. JiMing said the only place in Delvan that sells weapons is the Burakkumāketto o Urikomu (Pitch Black Market). Every day, a corpse is dragged out of there and into the cemetery. The quartet set out into the streets in search of the PBM. The flying creature decided to pursue them undercover, as its appearance might started a bedlam. It chose to jump from rooftop to rooftop. And that's what it did.JiMing showed them to a weapon stand where the yellow and orange clerk wearing a yellow Kualsi welcomed them."My name is Navin," he said, "What do want to buy?"Sybre bought a shape-shifting sword that changes the shape of its blade. Dondak bought a Rahkshi staff."It suits my nature," he explained, "What's a Rahkshi without it's trademark staff?"JiMing bought a Tahu fire-sword. King Joe just bought a snazzy katana. And everyone had sheaths for their blades."We're off now," Sybre said, "Thank you."The party exited the Pitch Black Market, feeling safe and satisfied. Suddenly, a tall being about an inch taller than a Toa landed in front of them. It was feminine and agile-looking. She held two blades shaped like wings. She was teal, silver-and black. Her head reminded Sybre of a modified Takadox head. She grinned, revealing teal-colored fangs."Hello, boys," she declared, "I am Tīru no Kiba, Teal Fang in your default language."A Metru-red and white figure landed behind Teal. He stepped out of the shadows, Sybre suddenly recognizing him as Vance. He survived!"Sybre," he said with an angry grin, "Long time, no see. Joe, I'm not happy to see you, either!"Joe remembered it was himself who had officially defeated Vance."We're both long-time agents of S.C.A.L.E., and we were both hired to avenge Gambit and kill you!" Teal Fang informed.Vance sped forward and kicked Sybre all the way into the countryside. His friends went to follow him."Let's go," Teal said.What she didn't notice as she and Vance left was someone with a yellow and orange color scheme following them."He's definitely gotten stronger!" Sybre commented as he sat up in an empty field.His friends ran up to him."You okay?" Dondak asked."Yep," Sybre asserted as he got up, "Was that the same Teal Fang you told me about, JiMing?""No doubt about it," JiMing remarked, "She never changes! I first met her during my time as Reddorafian. She had invaded my alley."The comrades suddenly saw Teal Fang and Vance coming for them."Inferno Launcher!" Vance shouted as a fiery blast escaped his palms.The targets were all thrown into the air."Don't you dare tell me that's all you have!" Teal Fang taunted as she stopped flying and began to run.Chapter 8 coming soon!

Edited by Didonchu

mindeth the cobwebs

• 3 weeks later...

Part 8"I guess I can't spare either of you!" Sybre replied as he quickly got to his feet."How unevitably chivilrous you can be!" Vance spat as he caught the blade of King Joe's snazzy katana and threw it.Meanwhile, Dondak and JiMing tried to gang up on Teal Fang. But there was something about her wing-shaped blades that was evading any attack aimed at her. Dondak tried to finish things by opening his helmet."Disgusting!" Teal exclaimed, "I should take out the trash!"Teal threw one of her blades in the air like a frisbee and it boomeranged back at JiMing, automatically fighting him. Fang then turned back to Dondak, stole his Rahkshi staff, caught the kraata with it, and chucked the slug into the air. It landed safely into some grass, but one of Vance's runaway fireballs set the grass ablaze. As a result, the Matoran-Rahkshi armor fell to the ground and Teal Fang truimphantly planted one end of the Rahkshi Staff into the armor's back."Joe," Sybre said, "I've gotta help JiMing! I'll be back for you soon."Sybre ran next to JiMing as the boomerang blade returned to Teal Fang."Ready?" Sybre asked."GO!" JiMing replied.The duo put their sword together and fired a huge blast that Teal Fang could not deflect or dodge. As it hit her, she was thrown back and crumbled away in the huge energy blast. Sybre had concluded she was vaporized. But when the smoke cleared, JiMing noticed Vance had caught her and was holding onto her shoulders. The crumbling was an illusion. An evil smile was across his face."Vance!" she yelled, "Don't just stand there! Help me up!"Without saying a word, Vance simply threw Teal over his head. He quickly turned around and aimed his hands at her."Whitefire Nova!" He shouted as a huge explosion had swallowed up Teal Fang.Everyone else uncovered their eyes and noticed black smithereens raining from the sky. Vance lowered his arms."I've been meaning to do that for a long time." he said."You really are the scoundrel I thought you were!" Sybre roared as he charged toward Vance.Vance simply knocked Sybre off his feet."Teal was never my teammate!" Vance revealed, "I decided that the first time I saw her. Ever since, I wanted to kill her, but waited.""Inferno Launcher!" He added.A large fire blast has blown Sybre's friends back."Now," Vance said to Sybre, who was still on the ground, "Your execution begins NOW!"But before Vance could do anything, he was engulfed by plasma."Just in time!" A yellow being ran up to Sybre and helped him up."Hey," Sybre said as he wiped the dirt off himself, "You are that shopkeeper, aren't you?""Navin's the name," he replied with a nod, "Enjoying your weapons?""I'll enjoy your deaths!" Vance snapped as he escaped from the magma.Part 9 coming soon!

Edited by Kreos

mindeth the cobwebs