Help me come up with a Turaga Nuva scenario...

I’ve nearly finished a set of Turaga Nuva mocs with 3D printed pieces and adapted 2001 turaga builds (with Bohrok arms etc) looks really satisfying and appropriate so far, I think.

All I need now is a brief scenario/story in which, from where Greg left us in the story on Spherus Magna, the Toa Nuva could become Turaga.

Is there a purpose they could give their power up for? Is there a way to wrap up their stories, almost like a synopsis without too much detail or focus on less important character’s plotlines, in which Spherus Magna could become a place of peace, and the Toa Nuva could finally settle into the role of elders for the inhabitants?

Share your ideas! Obviously wrapping up every plot line Greg left hanging is no “brief” thing, but I’m interested in your ideas of a low-detail pitch that could end up with the Toa Nuva as Turaga

EDIT: just in case anyone is confused, by Turaga Nuva, I of course mean Tahu, Gali, Kopaka, Pohatu, Onua and Lewa Nuva becoming Turaga. Heck, even Takanuva if you can get him in there (even though he’s not a Toa Nuva)

Well, let’s see...

First, remember that Tahu is no longer a Toa Nuva, so for your plans to work out, he needs to become one again.

Secondly, I don’t believe Toa need to give up their power for a specific purpose. They can simply choose to become Turaga once their destiny is fulfilled. But maybe it’s possible to give up their power for “global understanding” to help eliminate feelings of hostility among the inhabitants of Spherus Magna. Sure, it’s a fairly lame, overly politically correct ending that sounds typical of a late 80s/early 90s cartoon, but it would get the job done fast.

Or maybe they don’t have to do it all at once. Maybe Pohatu and Kopaka can use their power to restore functionality to the Red Star (thus allowing them to leave and move the story along) and the rest can have other purposes.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese
  • Upvote 1

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

Create new Toa is the main thing; the Toa Nuva might be able to produce more than the usual six toa, but that is only a hypothesis. It would be interest to see which Matoran are chosen by each toa and how they teach their successors.

Lhikan was able to transform six Matoran into Toa by himself. So theoretically, the Toa Nuva could together transform at least 36 Toa, provided they don’t give up any Toa power for any other purpose (wasn’t Lhikan weakened significantly after making all those Toa stones?). This might be the smartest move: with less than 50 living Toa, they need all the help they can get.

By the way, was it ever established exactly when Lhikan became a Turaga? Right now, I picture him transforming at the exact same moment the Matoran transformed into the Toa Metru.

Create new Toa is the main thing; the Toa Nuva might be able to produce more than the usual six toa, but that is only a hypothesis. It would be interest to see which Matoran are chosen by each toa and how they teach their successors.

Lhikan was able to transform six Matoran into Toa by himself. So theoretically, the Toa Nuva could together transform at least 36 Toa, provided they don’t give up any Toa power for any other purpose (wasn’t Lhikan weakened significantly after making all those Toa stones?). This might be the smartest move: with less than 50 living Toa, they need all the help they can get.

By the way, was it ever established exactly when Lhikan became a Turaga? Right now, I picture him transforming at the exact same moment the Matoran transformed into the Toa Metru.

When Lhikan created the toa stones, he stored a tiny bit of his toa power into them, to make them the catalyst to create the toa metru. He was able to create 6 toa all by himself because all his power did was activate the dormant toa power inside the toa metru. When this happened that was the moment he became a turaga.

And I agree, making new toa should be the prime goal if the Nuva become turaga, since toa are basically almost extinct after the wars that have been going on. They're needed more than ever in my opinion. Now since the Nuva have more power than the typical toa, they might be able to make more than just 6 each. But who knows? :)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

But: is there any way to make new Toa on Spherus Magna? Even with a stone, you need something to channel the power into a Matoran (or send a homing beacon, in the case of the stones the Toa Metru made), and I don’t think we know whether or not there are any functional Suva on the planet at this point.

And the Toa Nuva don’t appear to have more Toa power than average. Apparently the only things special about them, physically, are the extra armor (which any Toa could imitate artificially) and the ability to use Kanohi Nuva (whose mask powers can be shared with non-Toa Nuva anyway).

But: is there any way to make new Toa on Spherus Magna? Even with a stone, you need something to channel the power into a Matoran (or send a homing beacon, in the case of the stones the Toa Metru made), and I don’t think we know whether or not there are any functional Suva on the planet at this point.

And the Toa Nuva don’t appear to have more Toa power than average. Apparently the only things special about them, physically, are the extra armor (which any Toa could imitate artificially) and the ability to use Kanohi Nuva (whose mask powers can be shared with non-Toa Nuva anyway).

I'm certain that if the Turaga and matoran were able to create toa suvas on the Island of Mata Nui, they're more than capable to make functioning ones on Spherus Magna, especially once they salvage the old MU (assuming they find a safe way to do so).

And I was certain the reason why the Nuva had the Nuva symbols in the first place was because their bodies couldn't contain the sheer amount of toa power they had. Hence why they could affect the Kal via the symbols, or that they lost their powers when the symbols were stolen. They definitely had access to more elemental powers than most toa, plus abilities that other toa didn't have (timed elemental attacks, etc)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

The fact that you need to contrive some scenario for it probably means it might not be wise to even attempt.

What is contrived about it?

That's the whole reason OP's having his problem, there's no incentive within the G1 universe and lore as of current that necessitates Turaga Nuva. Anything that would prompt the Toa Nuva to become Turaga, then, must be something that's made-up out of the blue--thus, contrived. Making new Toa is the only logical reason I see in this thread, but does Spherus Magna really need more Toa, especially with the revelation that Glatorian can use elemental powers?

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

The fact that you need to contrive some scenario for it probably means it might not be wise to even attempt.

That's the whole reason OP's having his problem, there's no incentive within the G1 universe and lore as of current that necessitates Turaga Nuva. Anything that would prompt the Toa Nuva to become Turaga, then, must be something that's made-up out of the blue--thus, contrived. Making new Toa is the only logical reason I see in this thread, but does Spherus Magna really need more Toa, especially with the revelation that Glatorian can use elemental powers?

Can't they just retire? 

Only a handful of Glatorian have elemental powers (thanks to the Kanohi Ignika), and Toa have been stated as being physically stronger and more endurable than Glatorian, not to mention their more innate elemental powers and confirmed ability to use Kanohi (no evidence for or against Glatorian having that power). Toa are thus individually superior in a lot of regards, and thus creating more of them at a future point may be required for some situation.

Only a handful of Glatorian have elemental powers (thanks to the Kanohi Ignika), and Toa have been stated as being physically stronger and more endurable than Glatorian, not to mention their more innate elemental powers and confirmed ability to use Kanohi (no evidence for or against Glatorian having that power). Toa are thus individually superior in a lot of regards, and thus creating more of them at a future point may be required for some situation.
Glatorian are confirmed as being unable to use Kanohi because Kanohi use technology designed to interface with that used in MU life forms’ bodies...or something.

Personally, I liked the days when we thought of Toa as being biological creatures rather than machines, but that’s just me.

• Upvote 1

I think the best way to grow this scenario out of where we left off would be to tie it into the defeat of one of the major threats left in place--Marendar, the Gold-Skinned Being, and Velika are the ones that spring to mind for me.

-For Marendar, since it specifically seeks out Toa, maybe the existing Toa all create Toa Stones and become Turaga to get it to shut down, and then after dismantling it they use the stones to create the next generation of Toa

-For the Gold-Skinned Being, I can definitely see the Skakdi dreaming of "a world without Toa", while the Toa could probably influence the GBS's power enough to twist that to turn them into Turaga rather than killing them or something

-For Velika...uh, hard to say on that one, think I'm actually going to pass

Point being, there are definitely ways to make it work.  And if all else fails you can always play the alternate timeline card. :P