Bionicle’s 2009 storyline’s 10th anniversary (short version)

Hi, guys! I noticed that you haven’t posted anything in my topic: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/27560-happy-10th-anniversary-2009-storyline/?do=findComment&comment=1162635 . Was it too long? Just in case, here’s a short version.

Happy 10th anniversary, 2009 storyline. It’s where there are adventures in Bara Magna, which is a new place, and Mata Nui coming to it and then saving it from the Skrall and the Bone Hunters. It’s a loose continuation. Good storyline, and I love the sets over there. How you feel about it? More information is in the link above (the extended version).:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Wow. That's one ... [ADJECTIVE] ... summary. I really don't know what to say about it. The topic, summary, and year. Nothing ever really stuck with me about it.

Just wanted to say, it really is amazing the amount of effort you put into these storyline summaries.

• Upvote 1

:smilematoro:

Or maybe it's because it's just a bunch of fluff that reiterates everything we already know about the year and there's nothing really to say? I don't want to harsh anybody's mellow but why SHOULD anybody respond to that topic?

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

Well, guys. I made this topic because I would like fans to be reminded of the past and introduce it to new fans. I mean, 2009 was a huge part of history. I give nostalgia. I mean, is there anyone who likes the 2009 storyline. Well, you know, Bionicle is not here this year, so I am trying to keep spirits up and have you guys remember it to keep it alive in our memories and hearts.

It’s been 10 years since the 2009 storyline happened, so I would like to celebrate its 10th anniversary with you guys.:)

I’m sorry that I put a lot of stuff in the extended version, but I’m trying to make a good topic that people can talk about. I spent a day writing this. And also, thanks, Downfall, for saying that I put a lot of effort on it. You know, Bara Magna has a lot of more new stuff than other storylines, so that’s why I had to do this.:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Well, guys. I made this topic because I would like fans to be reminded of the past and introduce it to new fans. I mean, 2009 was a huge part of history. I give nostalgia. I mean, is there anyone who likes the 2009 storyline. Well, you know, Bionicle is not here this year, so I am trying to keep spirits up and have you guys remember it to keep it alive in our memories and hearts.

It’s been 10 years since the 2009 storyline happened, so I would like to celebrate its 10th anniversary with you guys. :)

I’m sorry that I put a lot of stuff in the extended version, but I’m trying to make a good topic that people can talk about. I spent a day writing this. And also, thanks, Downfall, for saying that I put a lot of effort on it. You know, Bara Magna has a lot of more new stuff than other storylines, so that’s why I had to do this. :)

I personally have always liked 2009 more than most, I found the story very interesting and I find it a real shame that it never got to pay off because it was cancelled before it could converge with the main storyline. I can imagine the shift was jarring for a lot of people but I feel as though it was actually a bit of fresh air; a hold-your-breath build up until the return to Makuta (Similiar to how Ant-Man 2 and Captain Marvel came out between Infinity War and Endgame).

I found the new location intriguing and for the first time since Takua and Vakama, we had a main protagonist to follow. There is no one more interesting as the protagonist as Mata-Nui himself, it was cool seeing him as a "man out of time" and I would've loved to see his entire journey, alas it would never come to be. The new characters were cool and seeing their daily struggles and world-building was on a 2004 level of discovery. I even liked The Legend Reborn for all of its faults, much better than Mask of Light (in my opinion).

To be honest the biggest drawback for this year I find is the sets themselves. Some of them are really cool, but they suffer from the fact that a lot of them don't look cool. The glatorian heads weren't exactly epic looking like the Kanohi were and as a result many of the sets were held back because they were not cool looking enough. Don't underestimate how many people got into Bionicle "because they looked cool" I am one of those people and the storyline intrigue came later for me (and I can imagine for many others).

Overall another great year for Bionicle, although to be honest that entire decade (excluding 2010) was great for Bionicle.

In terms of the debacle regarding your extended anniversary posts, I do find myelf just glancing at them from afar but appreciate the work you must've done on them. Perhaps a formula based on this shorter version could be used in the future, it is good for busy people like myself who want to revel in Bionicle joy while still on a tight time schedule.

• Upvote 2

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!