Lord Almatas the Herald

Lord Almatas

Lord Almatas the Conqueror
Mask: Conqueror’s Mask (Mask of Shadows)
Arms: Extending blades

Once the son of a revered weapon smith hailing from the desert island of Sergas, now he is forced into exile by the Helryx and her Crusaders, losing everything he once knew and held dear. The anointed “Lord Almatas” by Terankos dedicated himself to his master, seeking to restore him to power and escape the shadow realm to for him rule with an iron fist. Almatas created the Knights of Terankos as a ploy to create a false haven for those who dabble in the shadows when in reality the sole purpose was to be a sacrificial ritual to strengthen his lord and master.

“You talk about peace, Helryx, but in the end, you and I aren’t so different. Aside from the masks and armor we were, we are very much alike. All this talk of peace is just to make yourself feel better. You love the thrill of battle. You love to feel in control. You live for war, as do I. With your so-called logic, there’s no place in this world for either of us!”

--Almatas, to Helryx

Front View

Side View

Back View

For those who follow my literature work (which you might not, but that's okay), this is Almatas as he appears unveiled in The Knights of Terankos as the organization's leader, which is probably the equivalent to the Brotherhood of Makuta in this universe. He spends most of the story hiding in a hooded cloak, but then he is revealed to be the same species as Umarak the Hunter near the end. He is also mentally unstable and easy to make angry. Almatas isn't his true name, but he goes by it when he is "knighted" this title by the god of shadows Terankos. 

But as a bonus, here's something else.

Hand of Karzahni + The Nui Stone

The Hand of Karzahni, an ancient artifact said to contain destructive powers limited only by the user's imagination. Initially crafted by a blacksmith named Viralus, later stolen and used by Lord Almatas. By adding the Nui Stone to the gauntlet, this only increased its destructive capabilities, as Almatas could bring destruction by merely having the thought form in his head.

The Nui Stone, a rare artifact of unknown origin. The stone is said to increase a user's supernatural powers tenfold, whether it be psychic, elemental, magical, etc., but can drive the user to madness. There have been forgeries of the stone made over time, but the only way to confirm which is the true stone is to shine a flame next to it and see if it reveals the symbol of Mata Nui.

Example usage: Almatas used the gauntlet in conjunction with the Nui Stone to completely erase Tuyet's mind despite being located on opposite ends of the world. As a result, she ended up in a vegetative state, unable to mentally function.

"Fine. I'll do it myself."

--Almatas, expressing disappointment over his knights' failure

Okay, yeah, let's get this out of the way. Yeah, it might as well be a knock-off Infinity Gauntlet, but I don't really care, I've wanted to put this into the Terankos-verse forever so here it is. I always wanted to create a parallel to the Staff of Artakha in this story, being a tool used to create or fix anything, as well as do somewhat of a silly nod to the "Hand of Artakha," except instead of an organization, it's a a dangerous weapon.

He's nothing really special, I know, but it's a little something for anyone who might've been a fan of my work to show that he does actually have a true form, and a MOC at that, so he's more than just a generic crazy guy wearing a cloak.