Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Ultimate_Kardas

Its much sleeker than it was, but I'm sorry all the older topics seem to be gone.

You can view all of the old topics in the forum archive.I've gotten used to the forums over the past few weeks. I just have to readjust my schedule to allow me to do my job in this site. :P

What is dead may never die.

So, the infamous forum returns... 11m94bt.jpg I guess it can't be helped! I'll have to curb my manners and behaviour and general swearitude again. I like the new look, it's pretty slick, but the colour pallete is a bit too similar to mentioning that one huge social networking site.

Edited by Watashi Wa

Tumblr: Where facts and logic go to die.

I kinda like it, it seems to run faster than the old forums, and it looks preety sleek. Though I miss Hapori Tohu at the top of the page.

I was there when Bionicle started in 2001. The next ten years were a great run. Sadly, all things must come to an end. But I will stop by and check in from time to time.

I like the versatile Notifications feature. BTW, I'm sure Tohu will return to the top of BZPower's forums in due time (assuming Hapori Dume's spirit doesn't replace his during his absence).

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I haven't spent enough time to evaluate what I don't like about yet.

But that may be because I don't remember how slow and how many error messages I got on the old version, seeing as I haven't encountered those horrors for over half a year.

Although the fact that I have to put a dot in between each line so it doesn't delete the empty line was annoying at first. And it seems it doesn't always do that in different forums. Huh.

Starting a new comic series soon.

I must admit I HATE the new editor. So far, all I can recognize fom the new editor is just issues, problems and more fuss for editing.Then again, I like the new forum organization, the new design, less loading times, reply box embedded into the topic, the new messenger system and much more, so it is not too much of a deal. :)~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I must admit I HATE the new editor. So far, all I can recognize fom the new editor is just issues, problems and more fuss for editing.

You can always fall back on the old BB code.

And there comes the annoying part, having to copy and paste the BBCode manually for every post. I wonder why on earth you can´t embed BBCode with the click of a button, but do can insert it manually. :wacko:~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I must admit I HATE the new editor. So far, all I can recognize fom the new editor is just issues, problems and more fuss for editing.

And there comes the annoying part, having to copy and paste the BBCode manually for every post. I wonder why on earth you can´t embed BBCode with the click of a button, but do can insert it manually. :wacko: ~Gata. ;)

It really depends on how coded your posts are, and much you looooooove typing.

Like, I don't mind bolding and colouring my posts, as that's just a case of and *insert colour tag here, because it woukdn't let me doit as simple text with out screwing my whole post up

:P*, and closing tags, and I'm a rubbish typer. Anything more than that and I have to have the code in a notepad document or the system that we have now.

Oh wow I just realised you actually can't use any of the buttons while in BB code. How... does that make sense? At all?

And there comes the annoying part, having to copy and paste the BBCode manually for every post. I wonder why on earth you can´t embed BBCode with the click of a button, but do can insert it manually. :wacko: ~Gata. ;)

It really depends on how coded your posts are, and much you looooooove typing.

Like, I don't mind bolding and colouring my posts, as that's just a case of [ b] and *insert colour tag here, because it woukdn't let me doit as simple text with out screwing my whole post up

:P*, and closing tags, and I'm a rubbish typer. Anything more than that and I have to have the code in a notepad document or the system that we have now.

Oh wow I just realised you actually can't use any of the buttons while in BB code. How... does that make sense? At all?

It was still much easier before, and I fail to see the advantage of disabling buttons for BBCode editing. If it weren´t for that, I wouldn´t mind the new editor too much (although it keeps doing strange things with quoted posts and their formatting).And the worst part is that the people at Invision who decided this probably even thought that they were super smart with that move. :annoyed:~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

And the worst part is that the people at Invision who decided this probably even thought that they were super smart with that move. :annoyed: ~Gata. ;)

I thought they changed hosts and forum systems.

*looks at bottom-right corner of the page*

Oh. >:C

What happened to Hapori Tohu up in the header section? :o

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

A lot of people are praising or hating the new editor, but from what I can tell, it just looks different. That and the emoticons appear in the same window. Other than that, it looks pretty much the same to me.

It is very different, as you will notice if you switch to BBCode-editing mode (button at the upper left corner of the editor). What I fail to recognize is the big difference to the old rich text editor which gave them reasons to replace it.

I already miss Hapori Tohu. (Yes, I will not be content with anything!)

If you muss Hapori Tohu, check out the latest news talkbacks. :P

And the worst part is that the people at Invision who decided this probably even thought that they were super smart with that move. :annoyed: ~Gata. ;)

We did change the host, but the board software is still the same. There was no reason to change it, as IPB is actually one of the best, if not the best, softare for forums around, if it were not for the silly editor. :P~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

We did change the host, but the board software is still the same. There was no reason to change it, as IPB is actually one of the best, if not the best, softare for forums around, if it were not for the silly editor. :P ~Gata. ;)

What is the >: doing there. >:'s think they can just waltz in topic whenever they please, don't they!?

I see what I thought wrong. When BlackSix mentioned hosting providers and then mentioned providers without the word hosting in front of it, I thought he meant Invision. That, or the lysdexia.

I've tried Invisionfree and it was really easy to get around, but I could never really wrap my head around the IPB controls. Also the fact that it costed money.

:P

We did change the host, but the board software is still the same. There was no reason to change it, as IPB is actually one of the best, if not the best, softare for forums around, if it were not for the silly editor. :P ~Gata. ;)

What is the >: doing there. >:'s think they can just waltz in topic whenever they please, don't they!?

See? That is exactly what I meant with strange things on quoted posts. :P That and the ".EDIT: Lol, and it´s getting worse with every quote! Now the > has become a >! :P~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I already miss Hapori Tohu. (Yes, I will not be content with anything!)

If you muss Hapori Tohu, check out the latest news talkbacks. :P
I meant I missed seeing his big ugly mug plastered all over the forum. It just doesn't feel the same without him leering down on me, reminding me of how insignificant I am. :P

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

As everyone else have pointed out, I personally love the notification system - it reduces the boring time you spend hours of your life, browsing for new posts in topics, blogs, and everything else that has a reply system. I am therefor happy with the fact the forums look much more cleaner and sleeker. However, there is something to be said about the six month gap; it looked to me like they would have gotten much more out of it - right now, everything feels like it's set on the default switch. No new graphics, no Hapori Tohu, not even new ranks, which I was gasping for. Let's hope they will keep updating us.

I'm going to miss the old forum layout, but on the other hand I'm glad to see BZP back up again. It's odd how I only started missing it after it went offline, when I'd not been posting much prior to that. Also I'm not happy with the new profile pic sytstem particularly... Doesn't seem to accept my old avatar as it's either two small or because it's animated... My new profile pic reflects this emotion. Got Expanded Multiverse to catch up on now...

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I like most of the changes. However, it will take a while to get used to them and the new skin. As well as finding where everything is. But that's just a minor annoyance. Though there's probably something around here I will dislike...

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Honestly, I miss the separation between post and sidebar, and me and Rich Text Editors have never gotten along. I much prefer seeing pure code. I also miss the old font. Apart from that, I guess all is good.

You can still edit the code by clicking the button in the far top left corner of the editor.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I'm not too sure how much I like this new style. Sorta gives me a hospital-ward-clean-room feeling. Some colorful skins would be nice. But other than that, everything seems good so far. I need to go and play with all the fun new features. ~Bandoo PS- The font Palatino Linotype is missing! Oh no! :headbonk: ...new emoticons?

~ Bandoo ~

*refreshes main page for the 100 000th time since the downtime**click on link to new forum**shocked* But why, I don't know. Maybe because everything looks so much different. The layout is different. It kind of makes me sad, but that's because after all the years (end of 2008 onwards? I think...) I was used to the old one.Or it's because I dislike changes in general. Ah well. *leaves to check out other new features and serch for GA* P.S.: I'm really glad that the forums are back now, though. ^^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

The forums are excellent as a whole, but I think my biggest complaint would be purely in aesthetics. It will take a while getting used to the new layout, as compared to the classic look I've grown so used to over the years. Though, I can say that already I'm loving the new posting features.

R.I.P. Hundreds of Rahkshi, Karzahni (plant), Mavrah, Kodan, Lhikan, Nidhiki, Krekka, Nivawk, Tuyet, Naho, the other seven Toa Mangai, Sidorak, a Toa of Gravity, a Toa of Plasma, a Toa of 'Silence', Reysa, Carapar, Botar, Ihu, Nikila, Jovan, Hydraxon, Morbuzakh, Antroz, Bitil, Krika, Icarax, Mutran, Vamprah, Spiriah, Gorast, Chirox, many Matoran on a southern island, Matoro, Kojol, many Toa of Iron and Magnetism, all of the Toa in a Toa Tower, a winged Dark Hunter, everyone who attacked Artahka, several OOMN members, a Skakdi in the Pit, many Matoran who became statues, Tridax, Jovan's team, Lesovikk's team, Tyrant, a group of Turaga, the Vahki, Certavus, Lein, many Vorox, many Skrall, Guardian, Nocturn, countless Rahi, the Iron tribe, Teridax, Karzahni (person), The Makuta of Stelt, Telluris, Tren Krom ... and good riddance.

It's ... incredibly, incredibly different. I think I miss the old layout if purely for nostalgia purposes. Personally, I'd prefer the new layout if there were more straight lines in places. New emotes are ... interesting. Glad to have an update after a while, but the styles of emoticons are eclectic. Ah well, no harm, no foul. Glad to see that the forums got a facelift. They really needed it. Blogs. Oh, the blogs. Where are my beloved content blocks? ;_; Also, has Hapori Dume hijacked the forums again? Because I totally miss Hapori Tohu. :(

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

BZP in my mind is always going to be the old layout, so it's a little odd, but I'm sure once some other skins get added things'll feel a little more natural.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Friendly reminder guys. Saying stuff like "that social site" and other variations there in is against BZP's advertising policy. I'm not trying to single out anyone in particular here, but I have seen it a couple of times in this thread. I would appreciate it if you were to refrain from doing it in the future. Thank you!

WHERE IS TOHU. Now I have to make references to this change elsewhere.

:glare: Aside from my cryptic response there, the expansion of the PM system is heartening, but I don't know. It's just not going to be the same... the forums lack something other than familiarity, I think, but I'm not sure what. And the twitter-ish change to the Comments system is not amusing.

~

:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."