75936 Jurassic Park: T. rex Rampage Announced

75936_Jurassic_Park-T.rex_Rampage_Announ

Sometimes it feels like LEGO is targeting their sets directly at you, and 2019 feels like that year. First we got the classic Ford Mustang, then the Apollo 11 Lunar Module, and now, celebrating the 25th anniversary of one of my favorite movies, LEGO has announced 75936 Jurassic Park: T. rex Rampage. If you were disappointed by the small set based on the original Jurassic Park we got last year, this one looks to make up for it. Weighing in at over three thousand pieces, the model features a gigantic Tyrannosaurus rex and equally gigantic gates to Jurassic Park. I can hear John Williams' score in my head already. The $250 set is releasing for VIPs on June 19th and everyone else on July 1st. To check out the hi-res images, videos, and the press release, read on!

View the full article

This is actually a bit disappointing. I get that the gate is the most iconic (non dinosaur) image for the franchise, but it's just not very interesting as a structure and has no play value. I appreciate that they built vignettes into the back, but they're so tiny. And what's the point of having a toilet in the vignette if there's no Gennaro minifigure? Or maybe that's the joke and I'm just being a stick in the mud.

The brick built T-Rex looks great, though.

BZPRPG