More LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Info Revealed

Thanks to Allen over at The Brick Fan and Twitter, we have some new information regarding the upcoming LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga game releasing next year. The key things that stood out to me were that despite the trailer, there will be voices in the game, the game will be built on 'new tech,' which hopefully means some fun new gameplay features, and you can play the events of the films in any order. That said, if you don't go IV, V, VI, I, II, III, VII, VIII, IX, you're wrong. Correct me in the Talkback and share your own thoughts on the game!

View the full article

That said, if you don't go IV, V, VI, I, II, III, VII, VIII, IX, you're wrong. Correct me in the Talkback and share your own thoughts on the game!

I see nothing to correct here. This is the only correct order.

Looking forward to this one. I'm assuming they'll change up the levels for episodes 1-7, but I hope they do so without adding gameplay elements that hurt later TT LEGO video games. I'm thinking specifically about the running and other 'on track' levels seen in LEGO Lord of the Rings and LEGO Jurassic World. Always the worst part of these games.

BZPRPG

I'm a completionist when it comes to Lego games, so when I eventually get around to trying this game (which probably won't be for quite a few years), I'll just do the levels in whatever order their achievements are listed in. Having already finished Complete Saga to 100% completion (a rather clunky old game in comparison to all the other Lego games, in my opinion), I'm definitely looking forward to seeing just how different (and almost certainly improved) this newer version will portray all those movies (especially now that they'll be using character dialogue).

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

Nine films, eh? Well, The Complete Saga had six films with 36 levels, 6 in each of the episodes from the original trilogy and the prequel trilogy (that’s because it is a complication of two games before it, and it took me 72 hours to complete that big game). If that new game follows the same thing as The Complete Saga, it would be 54 levels (adding 18 levels from the sequel trilogy). I said this because today’s games’ levels are very long while the past ones are fairly short. For the gameplay, I bet everything would remastered in a modernized way from the past Star Wars games, like how Crash Bandicoot and Spyro trilogies are remastered in 2017 and 2018 when it comes to the original and prequel trilogies, as the minifigures and their vehicles would be modernized, but with voices recorded, too. Plus, how you control the characters from the Force Awakens game would be there, but with some new gameplay, like the article said (I hope the bosses will stay having boss meters). I hope this new game won’t be like The Lego Movie 2 video game (because that game is weird and silly and it should have been like the game before it very much. Seriously. Wyldstyle narrating and other stuff? That’s not from the second movie, so I like the first game better. Lego makes weird decisions with the games these days, and this is the weirdest. I really hope that Lego doesn’t ruin the levels from the original and prequel Star Wars trilogies like this. The idea for The Complete Saga Is much better.).

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)