Templar's website not working anymore

The website of Templar, which we all know created the Mata Nui Online Game, is apparently no longer accessible. What makes this especially unfortunate is that, as far as I know, it was the only place where you could find the original version of MNOG (where they used "Tohunga" instead of "Matoran", and still had some of the comments among the Chronicler's Company that mysteriously ended up blank in the later release). The following link used to lead directly to that game, but as you will notice, it no longer works: http://www.templar.com/games/mnog/Player.html

As far as I know, it was working perfectly fine just last week. I really regret not taking the time to record all of the text seen in this original version when I had the chance, because if this version can't be recovered, then that original content in those blank spaces may forever be lost.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

As Cheesy said, we've got their version of mnog saved on bmp. All our versions of the game should have that text re-implemented as well (save for the official 2006 download, which is unmodified from how lego presented it). I strongly recommend you try a download version of the game as the streaming ones are only going to get more and more broken until/if we find a workaround for the deteriorating support for Flash.

• Upvote 2

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

It looks like MNOG isn't accessible right now because templar.com as a whole is down, not because Templar removed the game.

Edit: Misread the original post, sorry. I haven't seen any indication that the company's closing, so I imagine this is  temporary. They may not even realize the site is offline--if you want to get their attention try tweeting @TemplarStudios.

Edited by Infrared

Like I said, as far as I knew that was the only site to have the original version. Though I am familiar with BMP having the later version available for streaming (albeit slightly broken), I was not aware you already had the original version available for download, mostly because I've always been hesitant about downloading anything from anywhere. Good to know you guys had already thought ahead on this.

I don't have a Twitter account, so someone else will have to inform Templar Studios about the issue with their website.

Edited by Chronicler06

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

Looks like the site is back up now, but the games directory is gone. If you want to reach out to Templar (without tweeting) you can try sending a message to info at templar.com.