New LEGO Ideas Contest Blasts Off

The LEGO Ideas team has recently launched another awesome contest. Now you can Join the mission to take us from the Moon to Mars! by building a LEGO creation of a space vehicle that could get us to the Red Planet. You have until August 1st to finish and submit your MOC, so there's still plenty of time! The winner gets a massive prize pack including all of the current LEGO City Space sets plus the Saturn V and Apollo 11 Lunar Lander and more. Good luck to everyone and happy building!

View the full article

• 2 months later...

When this contest started, I was very excited for a chance to possibly win all of those space-themed sets, many of which were ones I was planning to get for myself anyway, so even though I realistically didn't have much hope that I could actually win, I decided to just go for it and see what happens. I created an account for the Lego Ideas site, created my entry using Lego Digital Designer, and submitted it.

Here's a link to my entry.

Unfortunately, my entry failed to receive even a single comment, and it certainly didn't win the contest. Looks I'll just have to purchase those space-themed sets I'm interested in, as originally planned. On the bright side, I now actually have an account on Lego Ideas, and I've since decided to use it to support a few product ideas I found interesting (some look like they have a good chance of reaching the 10,000 votes goal, others seem unlikely to reach it before their deadlines). I'm also considering submitting a product idea of my own, though it may be a while before I can get around to creating a decent model of it.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.