Install LDD on the Latest Version of Windows 10

Starting with Windows 10 version 1809, Microsoft has built in Adobe Flash Player, which causes issues when some programs try to install. One of those is LEGO Digital Designer (LDD). Hopefully LEGO comes up with a fix for this, but until then, the Greek Recognized LEGO User Group (RLUG) Breeks has created a solution. Head over to their community to download the batch file and read the instructions required to make this work. Even though TLG's support for LDD has been a bit lacking, the software still has lots of users, so it's good to see that they won't all be stuck due to the change Windows introduced!

View the full article

• 1 month later...

Since I'm hoping to get a new desktop computer by the end of this year with Windows 10 on it, it's good for me to know about things like this. But as much as I would like to continue using LDD, I've lately been occasionally hearing of an alternative that's apparently called "stud.io". Could someone be kind enough to provide me with an actual link to that so I can check it out for myself to see if I might be interested in trying it?

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

4 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

Since I'm hoping to get a new desktop computer by the end of this year with Windows 10 on it, it's good for me to know about things like this. But as much as I would like to continue using LDD, I've lately been occasionally hearing of an alternative that's apparently called "stud.io". Could someone be kind enough to provide me with an actual link to that so I can check it out for myself to see if I might be interested in trying it?

Here! https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/download.page

I've been playing around with stud.io for a bit myself; and as someone who could never get the hang of LDD when I was younger, I find this one a lot more intuitive. It's helpful, too, that its part inventory correspond with BrickLink's numbers and descriptions, making looking for specific parts a lot easier in my experience ^^

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Thanks! I'm a little to occupied with other things to try it out anytime soon, but once I eventually have enough free time to spare, at least now I'll know where to find it.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

• 3 years later...

It's unfortunate that TLG's support for LDD hasn't been the best, but it's great to see that the LEGO community is coming together to find solutions to these problems. I'm really grateful for the RLUG Breeks for creating this solution and sharing it with everyone. On a related note, I recently got a cheap Windows 10 key to activate my Windows. It was a great way to save some money and I highly recommend looking into it if you're in need of a Windows 10 key.

Edited by DenielRockfield56